"no To Newco" Vote

DXBBud

Clicking on the link is not letting me in for my vote. How no? Sort it please

Did you register more than 1 member to the 1 email address when you filled out the bank details?

I have this problem.

Filled out a membership for the wife also on the CIC site. When it asked for the email address it said it was for go cardless only. Received 2 forms but can only complete 1.

Voted No to every question, and especially question 3 because it's a clear try at scaremongering and in no way will I be scared in to voting yes on hypotheticals of St Mirren going bust. Left this note below:

"After all the hard work done with the sale of the stadium and balancing of books, St Mirren should be debt free. If St Mirren go in to administration due to reliance on another club, then that means the club has not been run correctly, and deserves it's fate. Scottish football needs a booster and this is the time for it - we should expand the SPL next season and restructure everything. This for me is a necessity. For this season, Rangers need to be punished. I would allow them to join an SPL2 the season after though as their revenue and interest will give that second league a boost. I also wish to say the way the questions are worded, they do indeed come across as scaremongering, and, it does seem the CIC wish to vote in Rangers. Regardless, other teams are voting No so we should too or else we face no fans coming from the likes of Celtic and Dundee United. Therefore, losing the £200k mentioned in question 2. anyway!!!

Thanks for reading in advance, and good luck with the takeover."

Apologies for those with more than one subscription on a single email address.

We wanted to make sure the security of the vote was preserved and I was a bit limited for time to get this vote operational so it is limited to one response per email address.

If the deal goes through I will work on creating a better solution.

Meanwhile if you do have more than one sub on a single email address if you can send an email to [email protected] from that mailbox then I will verify against the GoCardless system that there is more than one subscription and email you a new link for each additional one you have.

My only concern about the questions is that why have only 2 clubs mentioned the fact that we might go into administration?

Is it because they are both going through change ?

When SMFC moved from love street were we not meant to be debt free ,if so why has this came from being debt free to possibility of going into administration.

I would have thought all the other clubs that have now voted No to a Newco would have been in a worse placed situation than us ,and would have been shouting from the Stands that this will be a possible outcome.

But no they have just said a straight forward no .

To end this is a very worrying time for me as a St.Mirren fan as my club could go into administration,it just doesn’t add up !

But No to a newco

My only concern about the questions is that why have only 2 clubs mentioned the fact that we might go into administration?

Is it because they are both going through change ?

When SMFC moved from love street were we not meant to be debt free ,if so why has this came from being debt free to possibility of going into administration.

I would have thought all the other clubs that have now voted No to a Newco would have been in a worse placed situation than us ,and would have been shouting from the Stands that this will be a possible outcome.

But no they have just said a straight forward no .

To end this is a very worrying time for me as a St.Mirren fan as my club could go into administration,it just doesn’t add up !

But No to a newco

The board are dealing with a worst case scenario in that specific case which is Rangers not being re-admitted to SPL, and SKY cancelling the TV contract and no other broadcaster coming in to replace them. It seems unlikely but it is not impossible.

This money is awarded as prize money based on a clubs final finishing position in the league. St.Mirren budget for finishing 11th in the league and being knocked out of both cups in the 1st round, in effect our worst case scenario that doesn't involve relegation (relegation is dealt with through clauses in the players contracts I believe).

So last summer and last season St.Mirren had no reason to think the TV deal was under threat so players came in on 2 year contracts and some signed extensions mid-way through this season.

Those players still need to be paid whether the Sky money is there or not and if the Sky money was to disappear in short we would be spending more than we were bringing through the door.

Hence why we would be potentially be in serious trouble which could in theory lead to an "insolvency event" as it is now called.

If this issue was happening next summer it wouldn't be so bad in that we would just not re-sign the players who were out of contract and instead "cut our cloth" to suit the revised income eg; bring in lesser quality players on lesser wages

The problem this season will only come in the unlikely event that Sky walk away. In my personal opinion there is nothing to worry about but the board are trying to plan for the very worst possible outcome.

Don't think we are alone here. Motherwell have told their fans the same thing, Kilmarnock should have too. Clubs like Aberdeen, Inverness, Hibs, Hearts and St.Johnstone all have multi-millionaires on their BoD who could if push came to shove bankroll a shortfall for one season or whatever.

That's the situation.

The board are dealing with a worst case scenario in that specific case which is Rangers not being re-admitted to SPL, and SKY cancelling the TV contract and no other broadcaster coming in to replace them. It seems unlikely but it is not impossible.

This money is awarded as prize money based on a clubs final finishing position in the league. St.Mirren budget for finishing 11th in the league and being knocked out of both cups in the 1st round, in effect our worst case scenario that doesn't involve relegation (relegation is dealt with through clauses in the players contracts I believe).

So last summer and last season St.Mirren had no reason to think the TV deal was under threat so players came in on 2 year contracts and some signed extensions mid-way through this season.

Those players still need to be paid whether the Sky money is there or not and if the Sky money was to disappear in short we would be spending more than we were bringing through the door.

Hence why we would be potentially be in serious trouble which could in theory lead to an "insolvency event" as it is now called.

If this issue was happening next summer it wouldn't be so bad in that we would just not re-sign the players who were out of contract and instead "cut our cloth" to suit the revised income eg; bring in lesser quality players on lesser wages

The problem this season will only come in the unlikely event that Sky walk away. In my personal opinion there is nothing to worry about but the board are trying to plan for the very worst possible outcome.

Don't think we are alone here. Motherwell have told their fans the same thing, Kilmarnock should have too. Clubs like Aberdeen, Inverness, Hibs, Hearts and St.Johnstone all have multi-millionaires on their BoD who could if push came to shove bankroll a shortfall for one season or whatever.

That's the situation.

And we've got shull whistling.gif

Did you register more than 1 member to the 1 email address when you filled out the bank details?

I have this problem.

Filled out a membership for the wife also on the CIC site. When it asked for the email address it said it was for go cardless only. Received 2 forms but can only complete 1.

I only signed up once for my email address and I got 2 forms too.

The hyperlink didn't work in either of my forms but you can just copy and paste it into the address bar of your internet browser and it works.

I am surprised at the number of yes votes so far, especially to question 3.

That's the situation.

I'm not having a pop Div but if the worst was to happen......"So Steven,Jim and Gary....You can go now and find another club ...If you stay we go into Admin....and wait for pence in the pound.

That's the situation.

And so would we is GLS is not a multi millionaire.Think he sold his company for £8 million.

Given the negativity around these questions today I was a bit sceptical about going through with this poll.

However, as the guy who would have been voting on behalf of the CIC members at an SPL meeting if the CIC owned the controlling interest in the club at this time I would have taken great comfort in knowing that I had the knowledge that can be been gleamed even at this early stage from the voting patterns.

If we had put up a simple yes/no vote and any of the other scenarios had raised there head what would I have done?

I know the answer is "vote no" but do you not have greater piece of mind knowing that all the fans are firmly behind a no vote no matter what and are prepared to help the club get through it?

I certainly am.

It's all academic now anyway....Sevco will release a statement tomorrow which says they will not play football in Scotland next season. Whether it's another admin I don't know but with 340 employes and no season ticket money (under 1000 sold) a black hole of £17M has occurred. Sevco need the season ticket money as much (if not more so) than we do. CG has tried hard to con the truth deniers but has failed. They don't even have a bank account to pay the money to Newco as there are new laws in place to prove where your money comes from etc. They are broke, found out and dead for next season.

Guest somner9

Given the negativity around these questions today I was a bit sceptical about going through with this poll.

However, as the guy who would have been voting on behalf of the CIC members at an SPL meeting if the CIC owned the controlling interest in the club at this time I would have taken great comfort in knowing that I had the knowledge that can be been gleamed even at this early stage from the voting patterns.

If we had put up a simple yes/no vote and any of the other scenarios had raised there head what would I have done?

I know the answer is "vote no" but do you not have greater piece of mind knowing that all the fans are firmly behind a no vote no matter what and are prepared to help the club get through it?

I certainly am.

Thing is you can't say any of the scenarios you outlined will actually come to pass. And the shame is you asked the fans and decided to ignore them, on your first outing. Bit of a cock up on the PR front..what?

Edited by somner9

From the joint statement issued by 10000hours and the selling consortium.

"It has therefore invited 10000Hours to gather opinion and comment from it's members with regards to the Newco proposals as they become clearer and to pass those thoughts formally onto the Board."

Which part of what we set out to achieve have we failed in?

Gordon, Cut the Pish ! You are The main reason that The Pledges have reached £ 11, 5k per month ? Your main aim was to have 9 - 1877 Club Members @ £ 25k - You have 1 @ £ 25k ! You also Hoped that you would have 87 members of a 1987 club @ £ 3k - You have 40 so We are told ????

At the moment we have Pledges worth £ 11.5k per month and a combined failure total of £ 145k - Tell me and all the other Fans, What you are going To do with these Funds ? Sure'ly To fcuk, You aint Looking for & Fast Buck, And a decent Pension Fund for Your old mate's on The BOD ?

How much did you offer for St Mirren Fc ?

How much Would You Pay Now ?

Do You & Richard Expect to Aquire St Mirren Football Club, And If So for How Much ?

FFS, that's just offensive.

"It has therefore invited 10000Hours to gather opinion and comment from it's members with regards to the Newco proposals as they become clearer and to pass those thoughts formally onto the Board."

Any knowledge of the Sevco statement tomorrow??

You failed to send me an e-mail! I cannae' vote. 1eye.gif

Guest somner9

You (10000 hours) were at pains to tell us today that the questions were there for debate and reaction, inferring that they could be changed if opinion was for that.

But you chose to go with them anyway in the face of a significant response indicating they did not sit right with the support and the context of what was being debated. Your choice at the end of the day but not great as a first consultation excercise with the membership.

Why insist the questions were up for change/debate if you had decided to go with them anyway?

Gordon, Cut the Pish ! You are The main reason that The Pledges have reached £ 11, 5k per month ? Your main aim was to have 9 - 1877 Club Members @ £ 25k - You have 1 @ £ 25k ! You also Hoped that you would have 87 members of a 1987 club @ £ 3k - You have 40 so We are told ????

At the moment we have Pledges worth £ 11.5k per month and a combined failure total of £ 145k - Tell me and all the other Fans, What you are going To do with these Funds ? Sure'ly To fcuk, You aint Looking for & Fast Buck, And a decent Pension Fund for Your old mate's on The BOD ?

How much did you offer for St Mirren Fc ?

How much Would You Pay Now ?

Do You & Richard Expect to Aquire St Mirren Football Club, And If So for How Much ?

For an internet alias,you seem to be demanding a lot of personal information.