In Relation To Question 4

ck1

What gets me about Question 4 - and I have to say what makes me absolutely livid - is that it really is the thin end of the wedge when it comes to community group involvement in the project. In effect this is a question suggesting that the likes of Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers (annual turnover £54,000) and any other community group or charity involved pay £120 this year to prop up an SPL football club (turnover in excess of £2m), bailing out directors who have clearly mis-judged the Rangers story and the strength of feeling around it, issued contracts it now appears it cannot afford, and they want all of this in return for no benefits this year so that the selling consortium can f**k off with their sizable wedge intact!

And this against a background of St Mirren having done absolutely nothing to help with the running of our juvenile football club at any point during it's 18 years in existence. Not a signed shirt, a signed football or even a free ticket. f**k all!

No, I have been one of the strongest and most vocal supporters of what Richard Atkinson has been trying to do here. The business model looks fine to me, but I don't care about democracy on this issue - when it comes to Question 4 if that is carried 10000hours can count me, and the juvenile football club out.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Why do you have to be a part of the cic to help the club if things get that bad?

Agreed.....I remember a race night being organised when the club got hammered by the SFA for the Spartans nonsense. Pretty sure that was just a group of fans that organised it amongst themeselves and everybody then chipped in to held in whatever way they could. No direct debits, constitutions, debt, lawyers or any other such bollox was required. Just fans rallying to help the club manage an unexpected cost.

Why do you have to be a part of the cic to help the club if things get that bad?

You don't! I'm sure the club will happily accept your personal cheque regardless of whether you are a member of the CIC or not. But 10000hrs can hardly ask the question "would ALL fans help chip in......". They can only ask their members. If the club wants help from all fans then the club can ask.

The way I read it is the CiC are asking the members, if kicking out sevco causes real financial problems, what would you think of us postponing the buyout for a year and using the money pledged to help bail out the club.

Guest somner9

In answer to the OP title.......

How surprised will you be in 2 months if you get an email quoting your "yes" vote for question four with an enhanced direct debit form for you to sign and return?1eye.gif

Would the current selling group take a reduction on the asking price if the Fans are prepared to support the club with extra funding and donations?

If the club is in such a position that the question even has to be asked, the value of the majority shareholding will have reduced as a result. The price put on the majority shareholding can only be what it is based upon contributing factors at any given time.

Sounds too much like Duff & Duffer agreeing to sell the assets of Scumgers for 5.5 million regardless of whether the sh1t was only up to their ankles or their necks.

Edited by DXBBud