5 Confirmed No Votes!

bazil85

Just think about how powerful a message this sends out to the world, the OF and Sky.

Scottish football fans would rather risk administration and relegation for their club than allow any sum of money whatsoever to corrupt their game.

We cannot and will not be bought or bullied.

It's a traditional Scottishness I thought we'd lost.

So proud to be a Scot today.

Football fans across the world will be applauding this.

So... eh..... Dundee or Dunfermline?

Botyh clubs should apply and it should go to an SPL club vote to be held on 4th July.

There are only 11 clubs now so whoever gets the majority wins.

Both clubs applications have equal merit TBH.

I'd prefer to see Dundee get up for the crowds.

Just think about how powerful a message this sends out to the world, the OF and Sky.

Scottish football fans would rather risk administration and relegation for their club than allow any sum of money whatsoever to corrupt their game.

England papped out the Euros and scumgers bumped from the top league and possibly out of business altogether....not the worst 24 Hours ever.

Botyh clubs should apply and it should go to an SPL club vote to be held on 4th July.

There's talk of a play-off. It would be good if it was settled by football rather than a dodgy vote....a nice start to football being more about football than boardroom bollox.

Unfair to choose one over the other so I'd just go to a league of 11.

Of course, that would have the side effect of meaning there would be no place in the SFL for Newco. Them's the breaks.....

I wish I could agree that's the true motivation rather than sticking two fingers up at the club formerly known as one half of the old firm... and you can bet that's how they'll be painting it.

Much as I remain disappointed that the SMFC BoD didn't issue a clear statement of intent to vote NO, I can't be disappointed that we now have a huge opportunity to change football for the better in this country.

Today has been a huge breath of fresh air, and for the first time in many years, I feel quite positive about the future of the game. There might be some pain in the short term, but there really was no alternative.

Gives the beeks 9 days to cobble together a league restructure that will prevent Newco FC having to go cap in hand to the SFL and stop them plummeting to Div 3. Watch this plan grow legs over the next week or so and before you know it the clubs will be voting on the restructuring of the leagues on 4 July rather than Newco's application to join the SPL. IMO if ANY of the clubs agree to a restructure NOW to result in Newco being back in the top division within 1 season it will be just as bad as voting them back in this season. Yes we need restructuring but it now has to be on OUR terms and not when it suits Newco FC.

Hopefully neither.

If neither want to come into the SPL, that means there will be no vacancy in the SFL to be filled by any applicant. Including SevCo. biggrin.png

You almost wish they would knock back the chance to play in the SPL although I suspect they will feel obliged to give it a go. It'll be a bit of a poisoned chalice for whatever team does make it playing with a squad of First Division players with possibly one or two late additions. Odds on relegation and it might not be worth the risk unless there's the promise of league reconstruction (Make it so! drinks_cheers.gif ) to sweeten the deal.

Edited by Bud the Baker

So... eh..... Dundee or Dunfermline?

Has to be Dunfermline mate.......They have been cheated out of the SPL by the fact Sevco should not have been there in the first place...At the very least all games played by the former Ran*ers last season should be 3-0 defeats. Dunfermline have suffered the most from their cheating this season when the facts came out. All clubs have suffered in the past but the right thing to do will be to keep The Pars in the SPL next season.

Has to be Dunfermline mate.......They have been cheated out of the SPL by the fact Sevco should not have been there in the first place...At the very least all games played by the former Ran*ers last season should be 3-0 defeats. Dunfermline have suffered the most from their cheating this season when the facts came out. All clubs have suffered in the past but the right thing to do will be to keep The Pars in the SPL next season.

They'd be better off in Div 1 anyway. Never looked for a moment like they were a top flight club. Grossly over-estimated their average attendance and budgeted badly. Moaned about the policing and stewarding costs. Shut half their stadium.... and played Alex Keddie.

They were relegated fair and square. Cheating Rangers (IMHO) had nothing to do with them being crap.

They'd be better off in Div 1 anyway. Never looked for a moment like they were a top flight club. Grossly over-estimated their average attendance and budgeted badly. Moaned about the policing and stewarding costs. Shut half their stadium.... and played Alex Keddie.

They were relegated fair and square. Cheating Rangers (IMHO) had nothing to do with them being crap.

Your points are fair ....but If a cheating team should never have finished the season as 2nd with a £2M prize then why should a club go down. If we finished bottom what would your take be ??

Your points are fair ....but If a cheating team should never have finished the season as 2nd with a £2M prize then why should a club go down. If we finished bottom what would your take be ??

If all the fixtures were completed (as they were), and we finished bottom, I'd expect us to be relegated. I would feel differently if Rangers were guilty of bribing match officials in season 2011/12 games, or suchlike. If subsequent investigations see Rangers stripped of any cups and titles - I certainly don't want us to lay claim to the 2010 League Cup either. Rangers crimes are serious, and they are paying the price, but we fecked' up that day, just as Dunfermline fecked' up most of the season.

I seriously think Yorkston would be happier in Div 1 - big gates v Falkirk and some Fife rivals, while paying the squad less, and having lower associated costs. I see a club like Falkirk having SPL credentials - and we need ambitious clubs like them... sadly, I only saw Dunfermline as a club who (like Morton sadly), fancy a bit of a run at Div 1 to see gates increase to a nice level, but their BOD don't actually want them to win the damn thing.

Edited by pozbaird

If it really comes to it, a play-off between Dundee and Dunfermline would surely be the right thing. The losers should get the whole of the gate. Play it at Hampden? Would a few thousand neutrals be interested enough to go along? Would Sky buy it?

If all the fixtures were completed (as they were), and we finished bottom, I'd expect us to be relegated. I would feel differently if Rangers were guilty of bribing match officials in season 2011/12 games, or suchlike. If subsequent investigations see Rangers stripped of any cups and titles - I certainly don't want us to lay claim to the 2010 League Cup either. Rangers crimes are serious, and they are paying the price, but we fecked' up that day, just as Dunfermline fecked' up most of the season.

I seriously think Yorkston would be happier in Div 1 - big gates v Falkirk and some Fife rivals, while paying the squad less, and having lower associated costs. I see a club like Falkirk having SPL credentials - and we need ambitious clubs like them... sadly, I only saw Dunfermline as a club who (like Morton sadly), fancy a bit of a run at Div 1 to see gates increase to a nice level, but their BOD don't actually want them to win the damn thing.

I agree with the bit in bold but I also think it would be great in future years to read the single word VOID against all the titles and cup wins. With a little footnote below saying 'Void due to the cheating scum'.

Historically it's always been the relegated club which survived when any change is made.

We benefitted from that once in 91?

Pretty sure it'll be Dunfermline but Dundee would bring better crowds which might compensate a bit for Rangers dying so who knows.

If it really comes to it, a play-off between Dundee and Dunfermline would surely be the right thing. The losers should get the whole of the gate. Play it at Hampden? Would a few thousand neutrals be interested enough to go along? Would Sky buy it?

To be honest Rick,I'm sick to f**k of hearing the name Sky almost as much as NewCo.

I sincerely hope they too f**k off and don't come back. Then we'll be pollution-free.

If it really is the decision of the member clubs then I don't think they're going to get into the SFL either.

If 8 out of the 30 say 'no' then that's it. Already that's up to 2 thanks to Falkirk and Raith Rovers. Meanwhile, Jags' fans say they'll boycott if their club allows them in so that might be a third 'no' vote. I can't see why Dundee/Dunfermline, Hamilton, Livi or Morton would want them either when it eliminates their chance of getting into the SPL.

There's been a lot said about how having Newco in the lower leagues will benefit the clubs financially in those leagues, but will it really? Yes, you might get a few thousand extra fans through the gates for a couple of games a season, but maybe their fans won't turn out in the lower leagues. Also if you've got an uncompetitive league then there's a good chance you're going to take a hit in your attendances in your other games.

Who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks, but it's beginning to look like it could be something radical. Stewart Gilmour's in the PDE this morning talking about a 16 team league. Fingers crossed.

Who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks, but it's beginning to look like it could be something radical. Stewart Gilmour's in the PDE this morning talking about a 16 team league. Fingers crossed.

Essentially what I think - driven mainly by fanpower it now seems highly unlikely that Newco can rejoin at SPL level, and there is growing momentum, again driven by fans to prevent Newco being parachuted into the First Division - Morton have changed their opinion and are now against Newco in the First after their Chairman initially welcomed it.

Of course there's going to be difficult times ahead but we can only hope that the tail sieze the moment and make changes that will benefit the bulk of Scottish clubs and not just the big two........ hopefully one!