Snp Motion To "investigate Possible Takeover Of St.mirren"

div

As far as I know Brian Lawson is a long term Buddie and regular attendee both home and away.

I dont think this is based on political agendas...

brian_council.jpg

I remember flicking through the free Renfrewshire council bumf that comes through the door and recognising him as a face I'd seen at games. He's certainly a St Mirren fan. thumbup2.gif

They've been monitoring the situation with the CIC for 2 years, they therefore must have been aware of the deadlines in place as far as fund raising goes, and they are an organisation who could commit to a meaningful and long term investment. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're interested and I would welcome any support they could give us, but if the we'd known a few weeks ago that the council were considering making a contribution then surely it would have made an already strong bid even stronger. So what's been the hold up?

Very interesting development. The cooncil could help by buying some of 25K packages to provide the immediate injection of cash the bid needs but could gain a bit of favour with the public and the fans by offering some or all of their benefits to the the fans through draws etc. rather than keeping them for the prawn sandwich brigade since it will be the public that have paid for them and not the individuals that would benefit from them being used by the cooncil.

Edited by DXBBud

If you read Brian Lawson's statement, it's pretty clear! They have no interest in funding the CiC. They have been dead against it since the start - actively working to see it fail. It was SNP's intervention that brought down CiC1.

The will categorically not get involved with the CiC, if they progress with this hair-brained idea it will be a rival bid. There will be no fan involvement and the club will be run on political agendas. The nature of the CiC means that it will attracts investment and over time the revenue streams will increase. There will be no option for that under these plans. This is quite probably the worst possible thing that can happen to our club!

And besides, the council are labour led now, not SNP, so I don't even see how they could actually manage this.

Ooh this is good news. The stadium and training grounds to be owned by the council and St Mirren can get a shot so long as their serial lets are approved. Oh so it might cost £hundreds per session but the club will be able to save money by dumping Tommy Docherty cause Paisleys Parks and Recreactions team can cut and line the pitches instead.

I cant see a downside to any of this at all. Juvenile clubs need better facilities and what could be a better use of council tax payers resources than buying up a couple of pitches for the Mossjams and Linwood Rangers to play on

Anyone that truly thinks having politicians anything to do with the football club is a complete and utter bellend. Get this particular idea to f**k along with the politicians and their nonsense.

We honestly have folk on here worrying about the character of Richard Atkinson and then welcoming a bunch of backstabbing lying, thick, troughing nonentities that have failed in their lives to run our club?

Yeah, great idea.

Edited by Reynard

As ktf said it's a Labour controlled council so unless they want to get involved nothing will happen. It's a non-story. What any country needs is a coherent strategic plan with government funding to get kids and families playing sports as a the norm. Not making a political point but the neither the UK nor the Scottish parliament have any sensible policies on this whatsoever.

Anyone that truly thinks having politicians anything to do with the football club is a complete and utter bellend. Get this particular idea to f**k along with the politicians and their nonsense.

We honestly have folk on here worrying about the character of Richard Atkinson and then welcoming a bunch of backstabbing lying, thick, troughing nonentities that have failed in their lives to run our club?

Yeah, great idea.

This is spot on! Added to that the fact that these particular "politicians" worked tirelessly to bring down the first CiC model - the one which was closest to true fan ownership and that had even more folks in favour of. The reason we are at mk3 is due to the SNP - no-one will believe them if they claim they are support of community ownership.

Oh, maybe they are also too thick to realise they don't have a majority on the council anymore - labour will tell them to get tae! They can then blame labour for not being in support of community involvement and fan ownership and try to score political points on the back of our club. They are shameless individuals with no other agenda than political points scoring. The content of their characters are seriously in question.

Edited by ktf

This is spot on! Added to that the fact that these particular "politicians" worked tirelessly to bring down the first CiC model - the one which was closest to true fan ownership and that had even more folks in favour of. The reason we are at mk3 is due to the SNP - no-one will believe them if they claim they are support of community ownership.

Oh, maybe they are also to thick to realise they don't have a majority on the council anymore - labour wil tell them to get tae! They can theb blame labour for not being in support of community involvement and fan ownership and try to score political points on the back of our club. They are shameless individuals with no other agenda than political points scoring. The content of their characters are seriously in question.

They(politicians) are disgusting creatures. Lets face it, they are third rate people with first rate egos and are almost to a man and woman, financially illiterate morons with no experience of business. I REALLY don't want these utter dangerous failures anywhere near our club.

I have absolutely no idea about the chicanery that went on with the first model CiC, but I did hear the rumours, no idea whether they are right or wrong, but it kind of makes sense now.

Absolutely disgusting people, they should be swinging from the lamp posts.

Oh, maybe they are also too thick to realise they don't have a majority on the council anymore - labour will tell them to get tae! They can then blame labour for not being in support of community involvement and fan ownership and try to score political points on the back of our club. They are shameless individuals with no other agenda than political points scoring. The content of their characters are seriously in question.

I think thats exactly what they are hoping for ktf.

I've got to admit though I'd be fascinated to hear their plans on how they think the stadium and training ground fit with their strategy to get kids participating in sport

As ktf said it's a Labour controlled council so unless they want to get involved nothing will happen. It's a non-story. What any country needs is a coherent strategic plan with government funding to get kids and families playing sports as a the norm. Not making a political point but the neither the UK nor the Scottish parliament have any sensible policies on this whatsoever.

You're right. There is scope for political groups to be involved in football. To boost the interest and think seriously about grad-roots involvement. However, a political party/group should never own a football club.

They are a transient group and the people who are there today will not be in 5 years time. What happens if the council leader hates football or is more interested in, oh I don't I know, making the High Street more attractive to retailers or is a m*rton/C*ltic/yeolder*ngers fan and has no interest in diverting council money to keep the club afloat during tough times?

It's incredible that some people have been critical of the CiC an REA and then rejoice at this nonsense!

They(politicians) are disgusting creatures. Lets face it, they are third rate people with first rate egos and are almost to a man and woman, financially illiterate morons with no experience of business. I REALLY don't want these utter dangerous failures anywhere near our club.

I have absolutely no idea about the chicanery that went on with the first model CiC, but I did hear the rumours, no idea whether they are right or wrong, but it kind of makes sense now.

Absolutely disgusting people, they should be swinging from the lamp posts.

As I wrote above my feeling this has absolutely no chance of going through. Those who think this will not turn into a press fed political football are short sighted. We will be dragged into shit all over the press during the silly season

Anyway I get the impression animal has no love of REA so the chance of the council being a partner in 10,000 is a none starter ! ! !

You're right. There is scope for political groups to be involved in football. To boost the interest and think seriously about grad-roots involvement. However, a political party/group should never own a football club.

They are a transient group and the people who are there today will not be in 5 years time. What happens if the council leader hates football or is more interested in, oh I don't I know, making the High Street more attractive to retailers or is a m*rton/C*ltic/yeolder*ngers fan and has no interest in diverting council money to keep the club afloat during tough times?

It's incredible that some people have been critical of the CiC an REA and then rejoice at this nonsense!

There are still a load of people that truly believe politicians are going to make their lives better! There is genuinely no hope for braindead clowns like those.

The rest of your post is utterly spot on. Politicians dont do ANYTHING unless there is something in it for them.

The council haven't got two brass tacks to rub together and the SNP group have negligible influence on the council.

Apart from that, it's a storming idea Brian.

What's more concerning is the number of people taken in by this PR crap. It's no better than the tabloid spin we've witnessed from Jim Traynor and Keith Jackson about Rangers for the last 12 months.

Like I said, keep your political games away from our football club.

If there are any individual politicians who are Saints fans, and want to get on board - they're as welcome to an individual CIC monthly membership, an 87club membership, or an 1877club membership as a Saints fan who is an electrician, accountant, bus driver, whatever. Seeing some sort of organised council involvement is worrying. 10 foot bargepole required.

It is in the Daily Record this morning - div hanging around with DR journalists - is that no KMG territory. whistling.gif

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/26/renfrewshire-council-urged-to-pump-cash-into-st-mirren-as-part-of-community-buyout-86908-23900768/

Very odd that anyone would think I would view this as bad news. One of my main concerns was and still is the funding gap left by the disappearance of the £750,000.00 grant money when the original CIC plan collapsed. The cnutcil plunging £750,000.00 into SMFC would be great news and take all of the risk out of 10000 Hours.

Only problem is though.......the Natszis have been kicked out of power so they can't actually sign off on any budget. They had over two years to put money into the CIC whilst in power and did nothing. It looks like nothing more than shameless opportunism by the Natszis. However, if they can replace the £750,000.00 of grant money then the cnutcil will finally be able to talk about genuinely serving their community.

The key line in the article is actually - "while a community buyout proposal is in need of more funding." - It looks like 10000 Hours are now admitting the financial model has failed yet again.

We have had a major u-turn to try and squeeze cash out of GLS and the shareholders to try and shore up the funding gap. That hasn't worked so now we have u-turn number two and 10000 Hours have turned to out of power Natszis to try and get cash.

With the possibility of cnutcil cash being mooted, are we going to see the already extended deadline moved out to see what the cnutcil are prepared to offer?

I can't wait to see the online meltdown when the first council leader appoints his son as team manager and brings in his 20 stone Grandson to play as striker

We'll we wont be able to afford to actually buy a striker Stuart, as they'll have used the budget on emergency speed bumps.

Haaaaaa! Oh, my aching sides!

I spat my flat white, made in my gaggia classic with bottomless portafilter, using bei & nannini gold roast ground in my iberital MC2, across the room!

Sid is doing everything he can to distance himself from everyone now in the hope that it makes him seems more... Aloof? Mysterious? Cool?

The SNP (let alone the majority Labour contingent) will never agree to funding the CiC. Add to this the fact that, if by some miracle they did, it wouldn't be "here have a wad of cash, use it wisely". It would have more strings attached than an episode of Thunderbirds. Our club and the CiC would be hamstrung.

Sid knows this is the most awful idea that has been spoken of regarding St Mirren since StuDick suggested some text message service... But he's not wanting to be pigeonholed as it goes against his renegade image! Fair play Sid.

Edited by ktf

brian_council.jpg

I remember flicking through the free Renfrewshire council bumf that comes through the door and recognising him as a face I'd seen at games. He's certainly a St Mirren fan. thumbup2.gif

Yup.

Much as I like to sneer at nationalists, wee Brian is definitely a Saints fan - and THAT, ktf , would be his sole personal agenda for his interest, I would bet.