Snp Motion To "investigate Possible Takeover Of St.mirren"

div

Yup.

Much as I like to sneer at nationalists, wee Brian is definitely a Saints fan - and THAT, ktf , would be his sole personal agenda for his interest, I would bet.

Actually looks more like ktf is putting his politics before 10000 Hours, and only after putting 10000 Hours before St Mirren.

It appears to be a remarkable u-turn by the Natszis. However, if their political strategy is good for SMFC and leads to grant funding for St Mirren they should be supported.

Actually looks more like ktf is putting his politics before 10000 Hours, and only after putting 10000 Hours before St Mirren.

It appears to be a remarkable u-turn by the Natszis. However, if their political strategy is good for SMFC and leads to grant funding for St Mirren they should be supported.

Like a lot of us, I instinctively distrust politicians. I wouldn't want one to have any say in St.Mirren. If our backs were to the wall at the moment we would have to jump at a statement like that. But our backs aren't to the wall despite hints that they might soon be. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. The bugger might bite you.

Got to laugh at the conspiracy theorists on here. Obvious to me the two guys are St Mirren fans, and are trying to get a community involvement through the council/CIC programme. George Adam is also a St Mirren fan and put a motion to the Parliament about Hugh Murray's services - are you saying he had an alterior motive for this as well? What a load of rubbish.

Got to laugh at the conspiracy theorists on here. Obvious to me the two guys are St Mirren fans, and are trying to get a community involvement through the council/CIC programme. George Adam is also a St Mirren fan and put a motion to the Parliament about Hugh Murray's services - are you saying he had an alterior motive for this as well? What a load of rubbish.

I'm sorry, but if you don't read the article then it kind of invalidates your point. L*wason said they they would bid "if the CiC failed", which is a wee side project they have been working on for 2 years now - the failure of the CiC.

Hey, I'm thinking of running as a councillor in the local election in a couple of years' time. I am also really, really interested in ferret baiting. There is thriving ferret baiting community in Renfrewshire and one of Paisley's leading ferret baiters, Franco "the master baiter" Wanko is is has floated his ferret baiting team (the Wanko Engine) on the FTSE 250. 52% of the shareholding is due to be up for sale in a few years when Franco retires. It's valued at about £1.5M. If I get in when I run in a couple of years, I'm going to table a motion for the council to buy the 52% shareholding in the Wanko Engine as I think it is a worthwhile investment for the cash-strapped council to make. After all, it's perfectly reasonable for me to table that motion to spend millions of pounds of the council's money on a personal hobby of mine, isn't it?! It's especially good as it isn't my own money... I won't have to put a penny in.

I'm sorry, but if you don't read the article then it kind of invalidates your point. L*wason said they they would bid "if the CiC failed", which is a wee side project they have been working on for 2 years now - the failure of the CiC.

Hey, I'm thinking of running as a councillor in the local election in a couple of years' time. I am also really, really interested in ferret baiting. There is thriving ferret baiting community in Renfrewshire and one of Paisley's leading ferret baiters, Franco "the master baiter" Wanko is is has floated his ferret baiting team (the Wanko Engine) on the FTSE 250. 52% of the shareholding is due to be up for sale in a few years when Franco retires. It's valued at about £1.5M. If I get in when I run in a couple of years, I'm going to table a motion for the council to buy the 52% shareholding in the Wanko Engine as I think it is a worthwhile investment for the cash-strapped council to make. After all, it's perfectly reasonable for me to table that motion to spend millions of pounds of the council's money on a personal hobby of mine, isn't it?! It's especially good as it isn't my own money... I won't have to put a penny in.

You're a nutter.

I like the sound of this. Where can I buy a season ticket for the ferret baiting?

You're a nutter.

The principle is exactly the same though... His motivation may or may not be pure, but they doesn't make it ok. It's council money. And besides, as I've already said, coincillors are transient - when he's gone, who's to say the next tranch of SRTBs will be trustworthy with our club?!

If the CiC is a risk, this is a million times greater. It genuinely concerns me. Not for political or personal reasons but purely because it has far too many dynamic variables that could alter at any time, all of which could put our club onto seriously dodgy ground.

I'd honestly rather have Massonne than this bunch - SNP, Lab, Lib Dem or anyone.

Yeah... hard to side with the points of a crazy person!

St Mirren fans, in council, have say in council, wish to promote good things for St Mirren. Believe it.

The principle is exactly the same though... His motivation may or may not be pure, but they doesn't make it ok. It's council money. And besides, as I've already said, coincillors are transient - when he's gone, who's to say the next tranch of SRTBs will be trustworthy with our club?!

If the CiC is a risk, this is a million times greater. It genuinely concerns me. Not for political or personal reasons but purely because it has far too many dynamic variables that could alter at any time, all of which could put our club onto seriously dodgy ground.

I'd honestly rather have Massonne than this bunch - SNP, Lab, Lib Dem or anyone.

I think your reading of the article is pretty far off the mark; however as with all things relating to 10000 Hours and St Mirren at the moment Div's article is fairly ambiguous. My interpretation is that they are suggesting that the cnutcil shores up the 10000 Hours bid rather than providing an alternative bid. As always the fans are left guessing as the plot continues to thicken in the shambles that is 10000 Hours.

Not a fan of politicians being involved in the running of football clubs - John Reid's behaviour at bhigot fc being a prime example of a football club being used to push political agendas. f'k'rk, airdire, clyde, etc haven't exactly been rip roaring successes either. 10000 Hours should stop fannying everyone about and just admit they have failed to fund the takeover.

I think your reading of the article is pretty far off the mark; however as with all things relating to 10000 Hours and St Mirren at the moment Div's article is fairly ambiguous. My interpretation is that they are suggesting that the cnutcil shores up the 10000 Hours bid rather than providing an alternative bid. As always the fans are left guessing as the plot continues to thicken in the shambles that is 10000 Hours.

Not a fan of politicians being involved in the running of football clubs - John Reid's behaviour at bhigot fc being a prime example of a football club being used to push political agendas. f'k'rk, airdire, clyde, etc haven't exactly been rip roaring successes either. 10000 Hours should stop fannying everyone about and just admit they have failed to fund the takeover.

We gathered that much.

Personally, I'm not in favour of the local council becoming too involved in the club, but some sort of involvement would be welcome, like for example if they were to offer to be guarantors of any loans 10000 hours were to take out, but I'd rather they stopped short of direct investment.

Sid you need to add to this the fact that animal was the person who suggested we should all watch for a press news story in the coming days for news of an alternative to the CIC bid, and although I have no idea who animal is, it was Div who suggested that this news might well be a council bid for the club.

I don't think the council or the SNP are looking to work with 10000hours in any way. I think this is a rival bid.

To be totally honest I don't have a problem with a council spending £1.5m for sports facilities that can be used by the general population on a daily basis providing genuine benefits to those living within the community, but if I was a resident in Paisley I would be deeply unhappy at the suggestion that a significant portant of a sports facilities budget could be spent buying shares in an SPL club with pitches that are currently exclusively used by the club.

Sid you need to add to this the fact that animal was the person who suggested we should all watch for a press news story in the coming days for news of an alternative to the CIC bid, and although I have no idea who animal is, it was Div who suggested that this news might well be a council bid for the club.

I don't think the council or the SNP are looking to work with 10000hours in any way. I think this is a rival bid.

To be totally honest I don't have a problem with a council spending £1.5m for sports facilities that can be used by the general population on a daily basis providing genuine benefits to those living within the community, but if I was a resident in Paisley I would be deeply unhappy at the suggestion that a significant portant of a sports facilities budget could be spent buying shares in an SPL club with pitches that are currently exclusively used by the club.

Sounds like you don't know for sure either Stu. Once again the fans are left scratching their heads wondering what the f"k is going on and the silence is deafening from 10000 Hours.

Now I know that there's a lot of wegiescumbags in our cnutcil; however I am not convinced that the cnutcil should be described as foreign investors.

Too many cnuts speaking with forked tongues and that's before the cnutcil got involved.

Sounds like you don't know for sure either Stu. Once again the fans are left scratching their heads wondering what the f"k is going on and the silence is deafening from 10000 Hours.

Now I know that there's a lot of wegiescumbags in our cnutcil; however I am not convinced that the cnutcil should be described as foreign investors.

Too many cnuts speaking with forked tongues and that's before the cnutcil got involved.

Oh you're right - I don't know - and there looks like there is a great deal of misinformation. I didn't believe for a second that there was "foreign" buyers waiting to pay £1.5m for an SPL football club who's viability couldn't be substantiated or guaranteed. By the same token though I'm not convinced that the misinformation is down to those working within 10000hours.

This article from the ET yesterday gives a bit more info on their intentions.

The key line for me (in bold) is where he says "if the CiC fails, we'll step in". Well, given that they have done all they can for the last 2 years to attempt to make it fail, it seem to like like it's a rival bid. They just don't have the balls to stand against the CiC publicly so the have worked behind the scenes to try to bring it down so that they can step in. It is cowardly and downright despicable.

ST MIRREN football club could soon be part-owned by Renfrewshire Council.

A 52% share holding in the club is currently up for sale at an estimated £1.5million.

And the SNP opposition on Renfrewshire Council has put forward a motion asking the local authority to pitch in for a share.

The matter will be debated at a meeting of the full council on Thursday.

Renfrewshire Council is now run by Labour, who took the reigns from the SNP at the last election.

It is highly unlikely that the new administration will back the SNP call to spend council cash on the club.

While under the Nationalists, the council had to make about £75m of spending cuts across services to deal with a huge hole in its finances.

But Councillor Brian Lawson said the idea of buying part of the club was viable.

He said: "I have no wish for a council committee to pick the team on a Saturday, but the council should at least investigate how it can play a bigger part in the club.

"It would be a real shame if it was simply taken over by rich foreign owners who were only interested in the value of the ground and the players.

"The council is currently investing around £50m in new sports facilities and the possible addition of the St Mirren stadium and training ground to our facilities is something we should at least look at."

Councillor Kenny MacLaren, also SNP added: "This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to increase the council's and the community's involvement in the club.

"St Mirren is Paisley and Paisley is St Mirren. Unlike many other football clubs St Mirren is in good financial health with no real debt.

"We have been following with interest the attempts, over the past two years, to launch a community interest company (CIC), and we will wait to see what happens with that bid.

"However we feel that there may be a place for the council to step in if the CIC bid fails. In an ideal world perhaps no one individual or company should have majority control of a club."

St Mirren did not respond to the Evening Times' request for comment.

However, a statement issued by St Mirren on Friday said productive talks have been held with a prospective buyer for the club shares.

The bid has come from the fan-backed '10000hours CIC.'

Because of the ongoing controversy surrounding Rangers and the SPL, however, the statement adds: "It was agreed by both parties that it was prudent to wait for clarity surrounding the commercial revenues of the SPL before committing to any potential deal."

ewan.fergus@ eveningtimes.co.uk

Edited to provide the link:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/news/council-could-buddie-up-to-help-buy-saints-shares.17952809

Edited by ktf

Oh you're right - I don't know - and there looks like there is a great deal of misinformation. I didn't believe for a second that there was "foreign" buyers waiting to pay £1.5m for an SPL football club who's viability couldn't be substantiated or guaranteed. By the same token though I'm not convinced that the misinformation is down to those working within 10000hours.

10000 Hours are on the BoD of St Mirren FC. I would be surprised if they weren't aware of who is and isn't bidding for the club. Especially as they intimated that they new the identity of the alleged bidders at the last public meeting. And for the avoidance of doubt Angelo Massone has never ever expressed an interest in buying St Mirren.

Edited to provide the link:

http://www.eveningti...shares.17952809

Just realised Div had posted that link a few pages back. Still it provides a clear indication that it isn't an intention to support the CiC but to launch a rival bid if they are successful in bringing it down.

Can't see how it's possible though, as it will never be agreed by the rest of the council... It skinks of political manoeuvring i order to win favour with the St Mirren fans - "look we tried to save your club and the Labour didn't want us to!"

Poor, poor show but definitely not beneath this bunch of miscreants.

The key line for me (in bold) is where he says "if the CiC fails, we'll step in". Well, given that they have done all they can for the last 2 years to attempt to make it fail, it seem to like like it's a rival bid. They just don't have the balls to stand against the CiC publicly so the have worked behind the scenes to try to bring it down so that they can step in. It is cowardly and downright despicable.

You are reading a lot into that one line......especially when it is followed by..."In an ideal world perhaps no one individual or company should have majority control of a club."

I agree with Brian and Kenny on that point. All of the grief and scaremongering is down to the 52% shareholding. Take out £1.5million of debt or we'll sell 52% of the shareholding to some as yet unnamed person(s).

Just realised Div had posted that link a few pages back. Still it provides a clear indication that it isn't an intention to support the CiC but to launch a rival bid if they are successful in bringing it down.

Can't see how it's possible though, as it will never be agreed by the rest of the council... It skinks of political manoeuvring i order to win favour with the St Mirren fans - "look we tried to save your club and the Labour didn't want us to!"

Poor, poor show but definitely not beneath this bunch of miscreants.

10000 Hours are hovering in the thread, so perhaps they'll be able to shed some light on this.

10000 Hours are hovering in the thread, so perhaps they'll be able to shed some light on this.

It would be interesting to hear something official from either the club, 1000 Hours or the essennpee. There is a lot the 1000 hasn't got right, we can all agree on that, at least they have attempted to engage with the fans and the club and gone public at the earliest opportunity. If this bunch try to sneak in the back door after doing the dirty, it won't be forgotten.

Looks like SG and the consortium are pulling out every possible contact to try and get the millions they want for the club.

The club is only worth what people are willing and able to pay for it.

Time to stop all this scaremongering about these scary "foreign investors" and for the selling consortium to decide if they want to sell to the CIC, keep running the club themselves or sell out to these asset strippers they suggest are hovering around the club. I personally don`t believe these asset strippers or foreign buyers are there so time for them to accept half the club isn`t worth 2m quid and sell up for what they have been offered.

And for goodness sake, it is not the government`s job to run football clubs or any private business. One day these guys won`t be in the council and that will be the end of the St Mirren FC. Boot this idea in to touch right now.