Newco In Spl2/division 1

bazil85

Can we get a vote on whether we would be willing to see this happen? Personally any amount of league revamping should not permit a Newco any higher than the very bottom league of the Scottish footbal system (including lower leagues if relegation is introduced from Division 3) New Rangers in my opinion should not be aloud to queue jump anyone at all and it should be bottom league or bust..... Or so I believe.

Sorry guys I posted this in the wrong forum meant for general discussion not St Mirren for sale, any admins able to move it or if someone could tell me how.

Could just as easily be applied to a 10000 Hours vote. I am guessing that SMFC would get a vote on whether to merge the the SPL / SFL. It is the sort of thing that should be put to fans for guidance judging by the 10000 Hours blah, blah.

1. Should SMFC support league reconstruction? YES

2. Should it be used as an excuse to bend the rules from newco scumgers? NO!!

Could just as easily be applied to a 10000 Hours vote. I am guessing that SMFC would get a vote on whether to merge the the SPL / SFL. It is the sort of thing that should be put to fans for guidance judging by the 10000 Hours blah, blah.

1. Should SMFC support league reconstruction? YES

2. Should it be used as an excuse to bend the rules from newco scumgers? NO!!

I think you mean "f**k no!"

They should be put into Div 3. If they go into Div1/SPL 2 it's more likely that some of their better players will stay and they will be in the SPL the following year.

It doesn't look like many of their players will be staying....so far only the two Lees are making any noises about being prepared to stay - and McCulloch is starting to make a 40-year-old Andy Millen look good. Jamie Ness has added his name to the list of rats leaving the sinking ship.

It doesn't look like many of their players will be staying....so far only the two Lees are making any noises about being prepared to stay - and McCulloch is starting to make a 40-year-old Andy Millen look good. Jamie Ness has added his name to the list of rats leaving the sinking ship.

I still think they will have decent enough players who will be willing to stay and win the First Division and bouce staright back up. Hopefully it doesnt come down to this though and they start at the very bottom!

Edited by mikesmfc

I reckon they could hold on to a lot of their players and develop the squad quite nicely, because I've heard you can free up an extra 20-30% of the playing budget if you don't pay any income tax or NI on the players' earnings.

Nice little financial tip for Newco, right there.

If the SFL clubs think about it, by putting them into the 3rd Division will mean three years of TV money coming their way. It's not rocket science!

Correct , however I’m quite sure we will see Newco in one league below the SPL. First division or whatever it’s called, chairmen will get the old golden hand shake. TV money – more going through the gate when playing newco. Playoff for the SPL.

It’s what first division clubs have been crying out for for years ourselves inclouded.

SPL clubs including our own then don’t need to worry too much over sky as newco probably will bounce back into the SPL after one season. Everybody happy except the majority of fans. Certainly I would be happy with the above

At the end of the day it’s who the club was steward by that should be more punished and hopefully the tax investigation will hammer Murray while Whyte looks a certainty for jail.

Just a wee thought.....Will the SPL/SFL/SFA look a bit stupid if Sevco go into Administration while they are trying to get them into Div1?....Sevco have over 300 employees which have to be paid on 28th June..(I thought it was today).. Now that bill stands at over £2.5M pounds.. less the players who walked away... If (and they are) looking at 3rd division at best (too late for first and clubs will vote no) then how do you get rid of that massive staff number without redundancy payments of more Millions?,,,Season ticket money of £17M is needed to support the club just now and for next season. I'ts not there.

If the SFL clubs think about it, by putting them into the 3rd Division will mean three years of TV money coming their way. It's not rocket science!

That's assuming that they are interested in being bought.

They are not SPL clubs and have never had much money - most of them anyway.

Already 2 have said piss off and we can expect more.

Rangers have pissed off many SFL clubs over the years.

They may not even get into Div 3.

I suspect however that a classic Neil Doncaster "package" will be offered whereby the changes talked about will only occur if Rangers are given a home in Div 1.

That's assuming that they are interested in being bought.

They are not SPL clubs and have never had much money - most of them anyway.

Already 2 have said piss off and we can expect more.

Rangers have pissed off many SFL clubs over the years.

They may not even get into Div 3.

I suspect however that a classic Neil Doncaster "package" will be offered whereby the changes talked about will only occur if Rangers are given a home in Div 1.

I think you're right on this, there's a strong, and growing stronger, possibility that "they" whoever they are won't be playing in any league anywhere next season - which may be enough to see them die completely...

On the Doncaster point, he won't last forever! Neither will the SPL. If the clubs can hold out for a few more years, he'll have been sacked or his job will just disappear and we'll all get the reconstruction that we want, without the strings attached. That will be a fine day :)

They should be put into Div 3. If they go into Div1/SPL 2 it's more likely that some of their better players will stay and they will be in the SPL the following year.

NO.

A newco should have 3 years worth of accounts to prove they are operating as a functioning well-funded business, with funds and registered players capable of fulfilling a season's worth of fixture commitments - and THEN THEY CAN JOIN THE LINE OF CLUBS APPLYING FOR THE RECENTLY OPENED VACANCY AT THE FOOT OF THE SFL.

And even then I don't think they'll get in but that's maybe me being TOO optimistic, for once. :)