Money Where Your Vote Is?

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

I reckon,"tends to exhibit attention seeking behaviour when he feels he is not the centre of focus for his peers" is a more likely phrase to have appeared on his report.

Is this the shape of things to come in the CiC? members being villified and abused for voicing their concerns.

I reckon,"tends to exhibit attention seeking behaviour when he feels he is not the centre of focus for his peers" is a more likely phrase to have appeared on his report.

And the same tired old clichés get trotted out whenever someone doesn't like what a poster is posting. If somner9 is wrong in what he is posting then why not just correct him......and then insult him. lol.gif

Guest somner9

And the same tired old clichés get trotted out whenever someone doesn't like what a poster is posting. If somner9 is wrong in what he is posting then why not just correct him......and then insult him. lol.gif

I suppose we shouldn't have expected things would change once the CiC began forming, sad really that this is the best, best we can hope for when debating CiC business.

I would only be interested in supporting SMFC via 10000 Hours if they can get all interested parties together in a room......the SMFC BoD, SMiSA, the cnutcil, supporters clubs, interested fans and actually have a frank and open discussion about whatever the f"k has been going on at our club.

I want to hear from Bii, I want to hear from all the members of the consortium......I would like to hear from major shareholders sitting outside the consortium. The club is a mess right now and a clear the air meeting is clearly required to put an end to all the bollox being published in the press and all the lobbying for various groups on the Internet. The fishal forum has a group of posters currently slagging off the CIC supporters on here now. Its a shambles and needs fixing.

This shambles is a bigger threat to St Mirren than newco scumgers or foreign bidders.

The club needs leadership now and all we are getting is bollox upon bollox. I won't give the current leadership a penny of support until all this nonsense is knocked on the head. We have no f'k'n debt - we sold Love Street in order to have no f'k'n debt. To be talking about bailing out the club in less than 3 years after the opening of the new ground is a joke.

For once I find myself on the same page as Sid.

Point is though that as we stand, there are still too many unknowns to even consider a request such as that suggested under Question 4 since we have no certainty on how revenues will be affected until after the "No to Newco" vote by the SPL and any subsequent vote by the SFL regarding where the zombies enter, all of which will be considered by Sky, title sponsors, club sponsors, pitch-side advertisers, fans of all clubs home and away.

Too early to be shouting about "Question 4" scenarios for anything other than the sake of starting an argument. How early also remains to be seen. That time might come in a couple of weeks once votes have been held, but it may not come until part-way through the season once numbers through the gates etc. can be assessed. If the post on P&B about the fans mobilising in numbers this season is anything to go by, plenty are prepared to financially support clubs by paying at the agte, buying merchandise, catering etc etc.

A lot of water to pass under the bridge yet on this issue before the question needs to be asked.

Thanks for the update oh keeper of the knowledge! and the curt add-on to a cic member.

Hardly the keeper of the knowledge, it's plastered all over the 10000Hours website, would have taken you 5 seconds to check.

You can't really plead ignorance either becasue as a CIC member you will already have been emailed telling you that the website would contain the voting figures.

You really could start a fight in an empty room !

Guest somner9

Hardly the keeper of the knowledge, it's plastered all over the 10000Hours website, would have taken you 5 seconds to check.

You can't really plead ignorance either becasue as a CIC member you will already have been emailed telling you that the website would contain the voting figures.

You really could start a fight in an empty room !

Don't understand what the need is to suppress any debate/discussion on cic matters, and the insult/jibe/abuse that goes with it. If 10000 hours don't want the memebership to have open debate perhaps that needs inserting in the daft constitution. It'd never happen in a co-op!

Don't understand what the need is to suppress any debate/discussion on cic matters, and the insult/jibe/abuse that goes with it. If 10000 hours don't want the memebership to have open debate perhaps that needs inserting in the daft constitution. It'd never happen in a co-op!

To date I have now suppressed the debate to the tune of 12,746 posts on 137 topics.

How many of your own posts and (many) topics on the subject have been removed or edited on this website ?

I will give you a clue, it's less than 1.

I actually do think that, to a greater or lesser degree, Somner9 adds something to these forums and this "great" debate. Anything and everything is stronger after being put under pressure and having heat turned on it. This is no different, the CiC/fan ownership/the f**king awful SNP idea/whatever ends up happening to end this shambles, will only be better if it's put under scrutiny now. Ok, a lot of Somner9's contributions could be labelled as mischief-making, irrelevant, belated or whatever, but at least he's doing it and taking an interest.

What I don't get from him though is the constant accusations of abuse... If you look at how I, and many others, are treated by the likes of Chic Slexic [sic] and yet just take it, then perhaps you'd see that it isn't just the pro-CiC folks that can use somewhat forceful language.

I agree, it would help the debate if it was more mature and less aimed at taking pop-shots at every turn, but if this is how it's to be, there's no point crying over it.

Guest somner9

I actually do think that, to a greater or lesser degree, Somner9 adds something to these forums and this "great" debate. Anything and everything is stronger after being put under pressure and having heat turned on it. This is no different, the CiC/fan ownership/the f**king awful SNP idea/whatever ends up happening to end this shambles, will only be better if it's put under scrutiny now. Ok, a lot of Somner9's contributions could be labelled as mischief-making, irrelevant, belated or whatever, but at least he's doing it and taking an interest.

What I don't get from him though is the constant accusations of abuse... If you look at how I, and many others, are treated by the likes of Chic Slexic [sic] and yet just take it, then perhaps you'd see that it isn't just the pro-CiC folks that can use somewhat forceful language.

I agree, it would help the debate if it was more mature and less aimed at taking pop-shots at every turn, but if this is how it's to be, there's no point crying over it.

Not crying over it as such, just sad that as you mention any cic debate so far isn't mature. That said some of the charcters you mention I just ignore, knowing they don't really want to debate.

Guest somner9

To date I have now suppressed the debate to the tune of 12,746 posts on 137 topics.

How many of your own posts and (many) topics on the subject have been removed or edited on this website ?

I will give you a clue, it's less than 1.

Thats not my point, my point is that as a member of said cic, if I challenge what 10000 hours have said is there for the challenge then fellow cic members think they have to respond to defend 10000 hours etc with any verbal (mean't typed) assault open to them. And that as we are in the infancy of the cic does not bode well, it smacks of a two-tier acceptance level.

I.e. "he challenged things all along so he's no a praw-per member like me" That cancer will see people turning their backs before its got going.

FYI: Co-op principle - Democratic member control – all members have an equal voice in making policies and electing representatives

Not "Some members have an equal voice in making policies and electing representatives"

Edited by somner9

Guest somner9

Back on track - when are we actually going to get clarification from 10000 Hours and / or the SMFC BoD as to what it is they are actually on about?

I think when they've made room in the cupboards for a years worth of subscriptionsthumbup2.gif

Is this the shape of things to come in the CiC? members being villified and abused for voicing their concerns.

1,444 posts surley you have got the drift by now, the cic membership & forum membership have a lot of commonality ergo vilification & abuse come as standard

Thats not my point, my point is that as a member of said cic, if I challenge what 10000 hours have said is there for the challenge then fellow cic members think they have to respond to defend 10000 hours etc with any verbal (mean't typed) assault open to them. And that as we are in the infancy of the cic does not bode well, it smacks of a two-tier acceptance level.

I.e. "he challenged things all along so he's no a praw-per member like me" That cancer will see people turning their backs before its got going.

FYI: Co-op principle - Democratic member control – all members have an equal voice in making policies and electing representatives

Not "Some members have an equal voice in making policies and electing representatives"

Oh FFS Somner - if you are going to take the alternative line all the time you are going to have to realise that the majority will tell you that you are wrong. What you need to do is back up your argument with relevant points. At the moment all you do is throw some shit at 10000hours in the hope that one day some of it will stick, and if anyone challenges you over it you go into the foetal position and sob like a baby about big boys bullying you.

In the name of Christ, please let the season start. I just want to sit on my arse in the West Bank and cheer/groan as St Mirren dazzle/disappoint and we trounce/are trounced by Club 12.

Delete selections as required.

Me too thoroughly disenchanted by the whole thing.

Me too thoroughly disenchanted by the whole thing.

I'm not fed-up with the entire CIC thing, nor am I that enthused by it at the moment. My own personally held views are common knowledge to any semi-regular reader of this forum by now.... Happy enough with the premise and basic idea, happy with the intent of the individuals behind it, happy enough that given a chance, it could work.... but it's just like the Rangers situation now - just where is the end game, and will it be sometime this millennium?

Not given up on it, or not bothered any more - simply jaded with it. I need a boost, and St Mirren gubbing Club 12 5-0 at home in front of a shirt-sleeve crowd in late summer sunshine would be just the ticket.

We don't play them at home until November 24th....I appreciate that the seasons and weather of this country are any-ones guess, but surely you are pushing the boundaries a bit it too much.

You never know.... mind' we had that freakish spell in February this year? 68 - 70 degrees in February!

Seriously though, I had no idea when we play 'Club 12' - I'll take a 5-0 win over anyone. Club 11, Club 10.... no matter. thumbup2.gif

A continental minutes clap might be more appropriate this time round.

"clap" being the sort of thing you would associate with the orcs. All that inbreeding does terrible things ...