What We Didn't Get A Vote On!

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful. Knowing what they knew, the BoD and 10000 hours (who are on the BoD) cooked up a set of questions to fit what suited their needs and denied the 1000 odd people who have signed up to membership the full facts before asking for their support, vote and understanding.

Re-cast the vote and include the info below, show the supporters some respect! Shame on you, you bloody knew what was proposed.

There are also plans in place for a new organisation to be called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' to become effective in 12 months' time.

The main points of the propsals are:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

Yet, for some, it was merely about voting Rangers out and stating that we'd assist the club.

The above, whilst a nice new shiny thing for you to troll the forums on, is a whole other kettle of fish entirely.

We've kept the drinking water clean, time to deal with the effluent.

Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful. Knowing what they knew, the BoD and 10000 hours (who are on the BoD) cooked up a set of questions to fit what suited their needs and denied the 1000 odd people who have signed up to membership the full facts before asking for their support, vote and understanding.

Re-cast the vote and include the info below, show the supporters some respect! Shame on you, you bloody knew what was proposed.

There are also plans in place for a new organisation to be called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' to become effective in 12 months' time.

The main points of the propsals are:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

Please ask before you patronise me in future. Do you really think people voting didn't see most of this appear on the net or in the papers before voting? Did you not?

Somner9 raises a valid enough point. What a shame that valid points are repeatedly met by wanky posts like those above.

To be fair to 10000 Hours they said they would give "members" a vote on the newco and the SPL. They did of course add their own spin on the questions. It is a fair point for somner9 to raise that the BoD and 10000 Hours knew of other angles on the newco that "members" could have voted on.

Would it not be better to actually discuss the point being made rather than just leaping on the person making the point like a pack of CIC-zombies.

Guest somner9

Hmmm why on earth could it be that the info with the newco vote didn't include this feckin peach???

"Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m."

And that on this item they are treated in the same way as Dunfermline, who they almost put out of business, whilst trousering the £1m for TV rights!

"Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee."

Happy with the info provided for you to cast your votes on now?

Guest somner9

That club no longer exists therefore they cannot be relegated,

This all stinks,

Doesn't it just!

How come we are only giving them £1m??? why not £5m or even £10m and a reachround whilst they pump away!

John, you have an absolute cheek prattling on about wanky posts.

Somner does make a good point, but it has his usual nonsense about the BOD and 10000 Hours attached. No doubt he'll now quote his post, edit out the dig and ask me where the dig was attached in the hope nobody can use a scrollbar!

As it stands there's no official word that the above details will form part of any vote on Wednesday. Sevco have to provide details for the SFA by the end of play Friday and then the SFL meet on Tuesday, all of this happens before the Wednesday vote and could easily see either Sevco denied the SFA license or the SFL clubs absolutely refuse to push ahead with the items that have seen no consultation with them whatsoever. Also, SPL Chairman can not be so stupid as to think they can just vote through anything that sees Rangers in the first division and an extra chance of their club being relegated.

As for discussing the details, everything not related to Sevco makes complete sense. There should be reconstruction, but that said there are certain Highland league clubs whose grounds wouldn't be fit for purpose. There should be a relegation play-off out of the SPL, but it needs a larger league without a split. The parachute payments should only be raised proportionally to the raise of the TV money to SFL 1 clubs and that payment should not allow the relegated club to walk the league the next season.

That club no longer exists

Yes they do as they haven't been liquidated, YET.

Somner makes a good point with all of this. I will be just as angry if the newco go into the first division as I would if they satyed in the SPL.

Edited by davidg

Guest somner9

Somner does make a good point, but it has his usual nonsense about the BOD and 10000 Hours attached. No doubt he'll now quote his post, edit out the dig and ask me where the dig was attached in the hope nobody can use a scrollbar!

As it stands there's no official word that the above details will form part of any vote on Wednesday. Sevco have to provide details for the SFA by the end of play Friday and then the SFL meet on Tuesday, all of this happens before the Wednesday vote and could easily see either Sevco denied the SFA license or the SFL clubs absolutely refuse to push ahead with the items that have seen no consultation with them whatsoever. Also, SPL Chairman can not be so stupid as to think they can just vote through anything that sees Rangers in the first division and an extra chance of their club being relegated.

As for discussing the details, everything not related to Sevco makes complete sense. There should be reconstruction, but that said there are certain Highland league clubs whose grounds wouldn't be fit for purpose. There should be a relegation play-off out of the SPL, but it needs a larger league without a split. The parachute payments should only be raised proportionally to the raise of the TV money to SFL 1 clubs and that payment should not allow the relegated club to walk the league the next season.

What edits???

Everything about reconstruction I absolutely agree with. However the point is made our BoD which includes 10000 hours does it not? Would have been party to and/or had advance sight of these proposals before they formed the questions/scenarios on the newco vote.

So it's a simple one really, why didn't they include this info, or wait until it was released before canvassing opinion???

What opinion do you think they will share with the media Re: the BoD position and the supports position on the newco issue??? Eh that's be the vote they just ran. shame on them................ editlessthumbup2.gif

How can you possibly know that they, as a collective, knew?

Also, point 1 would surely mean the Chairman voting yes in order to allow Rangers to be in the SPL and then be relegated anyway. I really do not think that those clubs who've already announced themselves as a No are stupid enough to risk losing fans and having to deal with thousands of refund claims for season tickets.

With regards to 10000 Hours...if this did go through then hundreds of us wouldn't believe another word from Richard, Gordon or any of the others and I think they know numbers would drop from 1000+ to around 300 if they're lucky.

More CIC-zombie bollox.

2010-11-25+attack+of+the+zombie+politician_01.jpg

I did kind of forecast it earlier today in my reply to SG saying no to Newco but as DMc pointed out it didn't take a genius. It has been mentioned loads of times in many places and as soon as Div.1 chairmen started commenting I began to think there was something in it. Somner9 is of course blaming it all on our board including 10,000 hours. Don't think they told us any lies but it does reek a bit. From what's been revealed so far it sounds as if it's all a bit jerry-built which isn't surprising. Has it got a chance of going through? Who knows.There are so many hurdles to be overcome but as we've seen time and time again there are those out there who will do anything even now to let Rangers survive in as high a league as they can find for them. That's despite the fact that it must surely be too late.

Where is the £1m. coming from and who the hell gets it?

Just on SKY that the plan has been confirmed. The SFL have been quick to distance themselves from it and have stated that they will be liaising with their member clubs about plans to put scumgers in the 1st division.

Anybody else embarrassed for St Mirren Football Club? bag.gif

Guest somner9

How can you possibly know that they, as a collective, knew?

Also, point 1 would surely mean the Chairman voting yes in order to allow Rangers to be in the SPL and then be relegated anyway. I really do not think that those clubs who've already announced themselves as a No are stupid enough to risk losing fans and having to deal with thousands of refund claims for season tickets.

With regards to 10000 Hours...if this did go through then hundreds of us wouldn't believe another word from Richard, Gordon or any of the others and I think they know numbers would drop from 1000+ to around 300 if they're lucky.

This is not personal, (i.e. you/me) but the info today is that the spl chairmen put this together a couple of weeks ago, and that if they took the lead from their support and made a declaration to vote "No" it was in the full knowledge that they would be voting "no" to be able to vote "Yes" to giving newco £1m and a place in Div 1 with the sweetener for div 1 clubs of league reconstruction/playoffs/more promo slots.

The evidence is in the public domain now, and shows the chairmen shouting from the rooftops about sporting integrity as very hollow men now.

Our Bod which includes 10000 hours knew, they must have they helped form those proposals

Always had a niggle about the reason Ayrshire peepil with no connections to St Mirren were interested in our club. We have had attempts by scumgers through KMG to get involved in our club with a view to getting access to club documents allegedly in exchange for support for scumgers / newco.

What if that was Plan B? ph34r.png 10000 Hours have got closer to our club than Whyte's group could ever have dreamed of through KMG. How much influence have 10000 Hours got on the decisions being made at our club?

I would never have believed that the KMG situation could have occured. Is 10000 Hours being up to the same mischief any more / less likely? I'd hate to believe it is true - but then I still struggle with the KMG revelations.

Time for SMFC and 10000 Hours to kill off any doubts about scumgers and vote no to any proposals that support scumgers in whatever form into the SPL OR a restructured league.

Time for SMFC and 10000 Hours to kill off any doubts about scumgers and vote no to any proposals that support scumgers in whatever form into the SPL OR a restructured league.

You decided not to join 1000 hours. So don't tell them how to vote.

You decided not to join 1000 hours. So don't tell them how to vote.

10000 Hours aren't voting on anything ya numpty.....SMFC are voting on it....it's got f"k all to do with 10000 Hours, although two of its backers could be influencing what is currently going on with decisions on scumgers.

So why are you telling them how to vote, you started it ya eejit.

I'm not, I am telling SMFC and 10000 Hours to kill off any doubt.

KMG slaughtered rightly for attempting to do a deal with scumgers in exchange for an alleged deal that would see SMFC support scumgers through their current issues.

SMFC and 10000 Hours appear to be supporting scumgers....WHY??????? Don't support scumgers and kill any doubt. Be heroes to SMFC and we all move on proud of our club. The longer they fanny around trying to save scumgers the more damage they do to their SMFC credentials. Fans get fan ownership, 10000 Hours save scumgers, Consortium get their cash. Just a niggle....

How many more attempts are the SPL and club chairmen going to be involved in to save Rangers despite the almost total solidarity shown by their fans? Is this the last desperate throw of the dice or will they keep going until they get what they want? My worry is that they all have so much egg on their face and so much deceit has gone on that they must have a feeling they will get away with this. This has been in the public domain for a few hours now and unless I've missed something there have been no denials. Will the SFL chairmen again show the SPL chairmen that they believe in sporting integrity and common decency? I hope so. If SG has had any hand in this he should hang his head in shame. In the past in this forum, any criticism of him is usually rebutted quite quickly. It will probably happen again but I suspect some supporters opinion of him has changed.

How many more attempts are the SPL and club chairmen going to be involved in to save Rangers despite the almost total solidarity shown by their fans? Is this the last desperate throw of the dice or will they keep going until they get what they want? My worry is that they all have so much egg on their face and so much deceit has gone on that they must have a feeling they will get away with this. This has been in the public domain for a few hours now and unless I've missed something there have been no denials. Will the SFL chairmen again show the SPL chairmen that they believe in sporting integrity and common decency? I hope so. If SG has had any hand in this he should hang his head in shame. In the past in this forum, any criticism of him is usually rebutted quite quickly. It will probably happen again but I suspect some supporters opinion of him has changed.

Solidarity too shown by the majority of Rangers fans who now WANT to start in Division 3. it has been a sad, sad day for the integrity of Scottish Football.