What We Didn't Get A Vote On!

Guest somner9

Sorry mate, you've lost me... Howzat?

The prediction comes true and the game goes into financial meltdown. St Mirren go bankrupt, get liquidated and there's a big empty football stadium on a plot of land so worthless the council donated it. Approach the liquidators with a sensible but cheap offer, buy the stadium, reform the football team and operate on a proper sustainable basis for the benefit of the whole community - a la Spartans - playing non league if necessary.

As I've been saying for days now there is absolutely no need to purchase these shares off the consortium. £1.2m for 52%, or a hell of a lot less for 100%?

The prediction comes true and the game goes into financial meltdown. St Mirren go bankrupt, get liquidated and there's a big empty football stadium on a plot of land so worthless the council donated it. Approach the liquidators with a sensible but cheap offer, buy the stadium, reform the football team and operate on a proper sustainable basis for the benefit of the whole community - a la Spartans - playing non league if necessary.

As I've been saying for days now there is absolutely no need to purchase these shares off the consortium. £1.2m for 52%, or a hell of a lot less for 100%?

Well yeah but not if an overwhelming percentage of members withdraw their support. BII would be out. 10000 Hours have no income to buy anything. Company dissolved. End of.

Firstly, you have to laugh that they think this is resistance to change...Rangers failed to pay tax, ran dual contracts and made EBT payments to players and staff END OF!

CURRENT REALITY

•Rangers have no where to go

No, they don't exist and rightly so...Sevco FC is different, like AFC Wimbledon.

•SPL Clubs have indicated their voting intentions

Hmmmm...

•SFA wish to see a solution in the interests of the game

Interest of themselves and their utter inability to sell the game or create an environment that brings about financial regularity and competition. No wonder we're so low in world rankings and have clubs who struggle to get past teams from lower nations.

•Moral/sporting question vs financial collapse

No, it's about following rules and not making special cases.

•Are The SFL are in a position to accommodate a solution?

Why should they be?

WE HAVE CONSIDERED FIVE SCENARIOS

1.Rangers stay in SPL

I'll f**king bet you have, in great detail!

2.Rangers to Third Division

Who where? You surely mean Sevco FC and I doubt you have aside from some cobbled spreadsheet put together by a pertemps agency worker.

3.Rangers to First Division

Again...who? I'll bet this has been heavily looked at, with how to screw the game again being the major topic.

4.Rangers to SPL2

Who to what? f**k off!

5.Rangers terminated or suspended

Hahahahahaahahaha, sure you have yes. That'll be UEFA off your back now eh!

1. RANGERS STAY IN SPL

You did all you could, even to the point of holding up your own investigations.

2. RANGERS TO THIRD DIVISION

•Takes approximately £16 million out of the game

Well, you'll just have to go and find it again then won't you!

•Commercial partners walk away and seek compensation

Have you actually spoken to any of them?

•The settlement agreement becomes a major risk

The what? Again...something else that nobody has ever heard of.

•The sporting opportunity is quashed for other clubs

Oh and it isn't if they go to Division One and nobody gets to apply for the extra Division 3 place alongside Sevco's application?

3. RANGERS TO FIRST DIVISION

•Reduces SPL income by approximately 30%

Again...have you discussed that or just a finger in the air?

•Balances short term need for redemption with a least worst case financial scenario

Redemption????? Rangers cheated, Rangers are in liquidation, Rangers owe millions in footballing debts alone and should not be a special case. This is about sporting integrity and following your rules, as flimsy and quickly drawn up as they may be.

•It is financially possible to recover from this scenario

Oh do please shut up! If you can't sell the SPL, featuring a team who beat Real Madrid in a final and another who lost to Roma in a semi-final then you should just quit your job and allow people with some commercial knowledge and ideas to come in. The SPL was meant to be a bright new dawn, yet we have a TV deal lower than the Championship in England.

4. RANGERS TO SPL2

•Currently not supported by the SFA

Indeed, but thyat didn't stop the SPL from coming in to being as all the Chairman chased cash and put the rest of the game on the back burner. Where did the SPL get us aside from a piss awful national side, abysmal league stucture, apathy on the terraces and debt ridden clubs.

•Creates a bigger divide

The divide it'll create with fans should worry you more. The SPL is not the only game on the scene.

•Leads to some short term commercial losses

Also leads to more parties and being able to swan around thinking you are actually in charge or anything.

•A legal challenge could paralyse the game

Oh don't worry, that's possible in every other scenario and just wait until UEFA actually get involved.

•The overall pot would be much less than anticipated

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

5. RANGERS TERMINATED OR SUSPENDED

•Complete financial meltdown

Pardon? Is everyone going to stop going to games?

•Settlement agreement is obliterated

THE WHAT?

•Fans are lost to the game forever

Scum fans who sing bile and refuse to sit down when asked. The fair minded Rangers fans are very much in the minority, I stood amongst them during a game at Parkhead and was absolutely sickened by every single one of them.

•The game survives but where?

In Scotland you f**king tool! Look at Norway, Sweden, Finland etc and ask if they have a "major twosome" or even need to. Stop comparing the game to England and it's mongrel league financed by SKY.

SO WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE BEING ASKED TO CONSIDER?

•Rangers in the IRN-BRU First Division this coming season

Rangers don't exist! Oh and UEFA still expect you to punish "Rangers"

•A one off fee to buy out the Rangers media value. (£1million) thus protecting the current contracts in place.

What media value is that? If X = football and Y = religion, what is Z?

IF WE AGREE THEN WE REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING

•Play-Offs immediately, based on our format

A 12 team league is too small for play-offs! This should already be in place though.

•A new distribution model with the settlement agreement value protected and future proofed

Yes, but we should have that anyway.

•An amalgamation of the SPL & SFL

Dissolve the SPL entirely, it's an unnecessary farce.

•A more balanced governance model (as circulated)

Oh so we don't get to see that...

WHICH WILL DELIVER BENEFITS TO THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

•Immediate cash benefit for all 30 clubs!

Well, aside from the loss of attendance driven revenue.

•Gate receipt uplift in Division 1

Yes, but then again fans might also stop going.

•Potential hospitality & advertising values increase

Obviously, but how many Division 1 teams have decent corporate?

•Sponsors receive added value through additional exposure

They could get that through a larger top league, better provision of highlights on a Saturday night and a regionalised League Cup structure.

•Scottish Government remain committed to our community strategy

Pardon? Why would they not be committed? Don't tell me this is something else that you can't promote properly!

•SFL has more influence at the top table

Oh just stop!

•Play-Offs restore the sporting meritocracy and deliver additional value

Gyaaaaaaaaaaaah!

AND BENEFITS TO SCOTTISH FOOTBALL

•A unified plan presented to the Scottish footballing public which offers real possibilities for the game

No it doesn't! It offers everything that we should have anyway, without even asking. Stop patronising each and every single one of us. You've already highlighted SPL and SFL, plus threatened an SPL2...so, divided unification it is then!

•Keeps all 42 clubs together avoiding a divisive SPL2 split

The little veiled threat yet again. No English league, no Atlantic league so the only thing left is to screw Scottish football.

•Deals with the need for sporting integrity with regard to Newco

Frankly, no it doesn't!

•Delivers innovation in the form of a single league, Play-Offs and a pyramid plan

Oh yes, blinding innovation...I'm sure Germany will be on the phone tomorrow.

•Delivers new value for the game

Nope, it just opens up the floodgates for more NewCo companies.

•Potentially narrows the financial gap between Scottish Premier League & Scottish League

Hang on, you highlighted above that it would give the SFL more money so how can it not?

•Shows leadership for the game in Scotland

From a group of individuals who I wouldn't trust to hand me a post-it.

•Allows fans to engage in the bigger picture

Again, don't patronise us.

•A positive media outcome

For all the Rangers supporters out there.

Hmmm why on earth could it be that the info with the newco vote didn't include this feckin peach???

"Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m."

And that on this item they are treated in the same way as Dunfermline, who they almost put out of business, whilst trousering the £1m for TV rights!

"Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee."

Happy with the info provided for you to cast your votes on now?

Could it be because its a load of bull shit cooked up the media?whistling.gif

Could it be because its a load of bull shit cooked up the media?whistling.gif

And what is there strategy insaintee? Why would STV, the Beeb and SKY Sports invent a story that would increase the anger towards scumgers and lessen their chances of getting back into the league when it appears to be the media that want them back in. How would that work, and why would the SFL respond along with the SPL?

There is no way UEFA or FIFA will let this happen.

You may or may not be right Ross, however for me, I seriously have to consider whether I can even support a club who have been part of this or give money to a league who have acted in this manner. I'm erring on the side of not ever going back, even of zombiegers are dead forever, if SMFC were part of trying to save them.