What We Didn't Get A Vote On!

Guest somner9

Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful. Knowing what they knew, the BoD and 10000 hours (who are on the BoD) cooked up a set of questions to fit what suited their needs and denied the 1000 odd people who have signed up to membership the full facts before asking for their support, vote and understanding.

Re-cast the vote and include the info below, show the supporters some respect! Shame on you, you bloody knew what was proposed.

There are also plans in place for a new organisation to be called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' to become effective in 12 months' time.

The main points of the propsals are:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

I said in a post somewhere a few days ago in the lead up to the CIC vote that the Chairmen must have had some information regarding the meeting today.

What they are now suggesting, and apparantly desperate to put into effect, is not the outcome of a couple of hours round the table. I don't think we can trust any of the Chairmen on any of this with their "No to Newco" statements or anything else as things have clearly been cooking away to come up with this heap of sh1t.

As much as I have disagreed with Somner9 on pretty much every post for the last 2 years, I do agree with him re this thread. The whole thing is a disgrace. I'm seriously considering returning my full season ticket unused to the club as a symbol of protest regarding this.

If this goes ahead, 2 DD mandates will be cancelled and never again will I step foot in St Mirren park.

If there is substance to this latest sham (sadly, I very much suspect that there is), then I find it pretty sickening. What is most sickening is the fact that the clubs and governing bodies are, once again, treating the lifeblood of the game - you and me - as clueless mugs.

We've long been mugs for forking out stupid money to watch a mediocre (at best) product, and for assuming that sporting integrity is a priority in the game that overrides financial imperatives. To be honest, many of us have probably been under no illusions about this latter scenario, but have resigned ourselves to accepting it on the basis that there were sufficient compensatory factors in place.

Today quite possibly marks a change, though, taking the extent of this almighty piss-take to a whole different level. The clubs and authorities appear to believe that we have been duped into thinking that our collective stance and perceived victory in respect of the newco into the SPL scenario has thrown us a big enough bone that we'll either not notice, or tamely accept this latest aberration. That's bloody insulting.

I've pretty much come to the end of the line, now. I'm not even convinced that I genuinely believe I have much left to lose by chucking it altogether.

Edited by Drew

As i posted in another thread, the announcement of voting intentions by other chairmen was only an invite to negotiate. All along they have looked for a way to be found to allow Rangers back in the SPL in jig-time with minimal loss of income.

I dont think anyone anticipated that it would be such a shabby deal though.

Even if Rangers do eventually fail to get a team together, this has tainted the name and reputation of all concerned forever.

Dignity-RIP

Integrity-RIP

SMFC-RIP

As i posted in another thread, the announcement of voting intentions by other chairmen was only an invite to negotiate. All along they have looked for a way to be found to allow Rangers back in the SPL in jig-time with minimal loss of income.

I dont think anyone anticipated that it would be such a shabby deal though.

Even if Rangers do eventually fail to get a team together, this has tainted the name and reputation of all concerned forever.

Dignity-RIP

Integrity-RIP

SMFC-RIP

I agree with this, and had thought to post something along these lines.

This is a very dark day for Scottish football, and I don't think I want to have anything further to do with it.

Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful. Knowing what they knew, the BoD and 10000 hours (who are on the BoD) cooked up a set of questions to fit what suited their needs and denied the 1000 odd people who have signed up to membership the full facts before asking for their support, vote and understanding.

Re-cast the vote and include the info below, show the supporters some respect! Shame on you, you bloody knew what was proposed.

There are also plans in place for a new organisation to be called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' to become effective in 12 months' time.

The main points of the propsals are:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

My fellow poster TsuMirren has summed up the situation amicably.

However i will also reply in the hope that I can assist fellow posters in processing the information that you have posted.

Most importantly, your very posting style reveals that you do have an agenda, one that you make no attempt to hide and one that invalidates your viewpoint.

It is actually a real shame that you did that because you really did raise a very valid discussion and one that was worthy of consumption, consideration and debate.

I am confident that this entire issue will be raised in another, less agenda led format and I look forward to participating in that discussion.

Solidarity too shown by the majority of Rangers fans who now WANT to start in Division 3. it has been a sad, sad day for the integrity of Scottish Football.

Only because they want to 'hurt' us and think we will all collapse as they are doing. f**k em!

Again though, I think folks on here are getting pre-emptive with their abuse and carried away by the usual succulent-lamb spin in a journalists report. "Senior Scottish Football figures" have thought this plan up. Who? Doncaster and Green? If SG had anything to do with it I will not be happy at all, but WE DON'T KNOW!

Why don't all you panic-merchants give your gums a rest and actually wait and see what the outcome is FFS!

THEN we can get tore in if we need to.

I remember not too long ago folk saying that the SFA had no balls or will to punish ExGers, then being gobsmacked that they had balls (all be it not too big balls).

I also remember many saying the SPL will bend over backwards to let and newco straight back in to the SP. Have they? WELL HAVE THEY?

Man up FFS!

10000 Hours aren't voting on anything ya numpty.....SMFC are voting on it....it's got f"k all to do with 10000 Hours, although two of its backers could be influencing what is currently going on with decisions on scumgers.

Not quality backtracking Sid. Why don't you... just once... admit you were wrong?

My fellow poster TsuMirren has summed up the situation amicably.

However i will also reply in the hope that I can assist fellow posters in processing the information that you have posted.

Most importantly, your very posting style reveals that you do have an agenda, one that you make no attempt to hide and one that invalidates your viewpoint.

It is actually a real shame that you did that because you really did raise a very valid discussion and one that was worthy of consumption, consideration and debate.

I am confident that this entire issue will be raised in another, less agenda led format and I look forward to participating in that discussion.

Numpty.

you are 100% right on donkeymaster, but unfortunately he has been working on this for a while, surely with the connivance of the 11, or maybe 12, chairmen. This gave them the chance for some posturing and apparent high-handednes, but all the time they knew they were getting a compromise that they could use to try and save face whilst whilst backing into rangers woody.

Nasty people, every single one of them.

Disgraceful if true.

I'd be holding off though as Doncaster is a slimy lying toad and no actual quotes from reliable sources are given.

The "document" that the SPL has apparently sent to the SFL is a disgrace:

"5. RANGERS TERMINATED OR SUSPENDED

•Complete financial meltdown "

It contains the same old lies, which have been forcefully refuted by fans nationwide.

NOT IN MY NAME, Mr GILMOUR, NOT IN MY NAME!

P.S. I can't afford to sign up for the CIC bid, because I don't have the money, but I am still richer than ANY OF THE F#CKING CNUTS who have been squabbling over the corpse of R*ngers. They have nothing to offer to Scottish football, either financially or morally.

If this is true it's absolutely beneath contempt. It's perhaps easy for me to say since I don't support any specific team, but I would quite happily refuse to attend any SPL 1 or SPL 2 fixtures if this happens and I would be perfectly content to restrict my custom to the many SFL and Junior clubs that play in my region.

f**k the lot of them. Is there a single decent individual in amongst them?

John, I can see how it could be true...the majority if SPL Chairmen couldn't run a fete, but this will destroy the game and I don't see that it's worth it! It breaks every unwritten sportung rule, Rangers don't even exust and yet it's more important to retain the money from fans who are frankly scum than it is to do the right thing and promote competition. Every club has suffered because of Rangers, surely tne sport itself shouldn't!

I'm watching the Euros tonight. A welcome break from the disgusting shite I've had to read on here today. I'm sickened by the whole thing. Could it really have been a pre-planned fix all this time...?!

C'mon Germany! And if all this proves to be true, f*ck off St Mirren and the SPL, I've supported you for the last time. Think I'll start supporting Athurlie.

John, I can see how it could be true...the majority if SPL Chairmen couldn't run a fete, but this will destroy the game and I don't see that it's worth it! It breaks every unwritten sportung rule, Rangers don't even exust and yet it's more important to retain the money from fans who are frankly scum than it is to do the right thing and promote competition. Every club has suffered because of Rangers, surely tne sport itself shouldn't!

There are no right and wrong St Mirren fans in this entire debacle Bud.....the CIC just isn't the place to seek answers now.

We need to very quickly organise and push our way into the decision making at the club. For me SMiSA is now the answer.

Fans should cancel their direct debits immediately and take out SMiSA memberships. That'll sort these OF apologist wankers out in two seconds.

If this goes ahead I would seriously consider cancelling direct debits for me and the mrs, withdrawing my 87 club pledge and asking for a season ticket refund. I'd hate to walk away from football but I would think seriously about it.

You're not the only one mate. If there are others, it might be worth doing it as a collective - louder voice. I'm with you.

Mon you Bud, Screw the Nut ! I will take you and Sid to a BURGH game, You are only doon the Road, And Sid is just a stones through away ? Let's Pray for Liquidation for SMFC , Same as I have never wanted anything to do with this somewhat Shady CIC ? punk.gif

Burgh... Aye ok mate! If this goes through, I'll be withdrawing all involvement with SMFC. It's the juniors for me from now on!