Cancel Your Direct Debit Mandates

I am really starting to wonder what your real motives are here.

Is it to encourage people to follow Saints? Or is it an attempt to deflect from the issues and, by way of suggesting the demise of Rangers, (which, in case you didn't know, has already happened), will kill all clubs throughout the northern hemisphere given they are all but omnipitent in your blue eyes, make sure the surge of support for the right course of action is diluted somewhat?

you couldnt be further from the truth.

my motive for my post is because i am concerned at so called st mirren fans threatening to walk away.

All i was saying there in the post is that if our fans walk away and dont renew season tickets etc then there is a very real threat of admin and was a response to a motherwell fan.

i suggest you read my original post.

i dont have blue eyes at all, i hate both the old firm and of course i know rangers are no more which is exactly the point i was making , they went into admin and never got out :-)

what are your motives? do you want to see st mirren die? i definately dont i want to urge all saints fans to come together and support the team next season we need more fans not less .

This is a tipping point for Scottish football. Rangers will undoubtedly be back, but there will be even distribution of the £ from TV, plus democratic voting rights. The ludicrous dominance of the 90s may not exist, and the league will be stronger for it.

However, if St.Mirren are implicit on this current fiesta of deceit and incompetence, then frankly why would the whole farce hold any allure ?

A bent league, set-up to benefit 2 teams; ignoring previous procedure for fellow clubs; there is "previous" of OF openly trying to leave the same clubs in the sh*te ; potentially landmark tax evasion & non-PAYE compliance ...........And our lot want to vote for that ?

FFS All this crap about "when Sky pull out" is a load of old sh*te. Even IF they did, someone will want take it on, even Al-Jazeera osama.gif .

The package may be lower, but we will get 1/12th.......not 10% of 20%, probably eliminating much of the shortfall, if not even being higher.

SKY are being used as leverage by the OF here (Celtic are implicit) to bully through a decision........just as they did when setting up the 80/20 split.

GET A f**kIN' GRIP SPL CHAIRMEN.

The game can only improve without the OF's corrupt stranglehold.

Finally, "thought for the day"....................

All the Bears going online boasting about the turnout for their demo compared to one at Hampden yesterday......................reminds me of Ironlegs saying "For every £5m that Celtic spend, we will spend £10m. That got them far didn't it !wink.png

Apologies for the ramble, but I'm just in from Heaton Park, and seem quite animated. Cough. cool2.gif

This is a tipping point for Scottish football. Rangers will undoubtedly be back, but there will be even distribution of the £ from TV, plus democratic voting rights. The ludicrous dominance of the 90s may not exist, and the league will be stronger for it.

However, if St.Mirren are implicit on this current fiesta of deceit and incompetence, then frankly why would the whole farce hold any allure ?

A bent league, set-up to benefit 2 teams; ignoring previous procedure for fellow clubs; there is "previous" of OF openly trying to leave the same clubs in the sh*te ; potentially landmark tax evasion & non-PAYE compliance ...........And our lot want to vote for that ?

FFS All this crap about "when Sky pull out" is a load of old sh*te. Even IF they did, someone will want take it on, even Al-Jazeera osama.gif .

The package may be lower, but we will get 1/12th.......not 10% of 20%, probably eliminating much of the shortfall, if not even being higher.

SKY are being used as leverage by the OF here (Celtic are implicit) to bully through a decision........just as they did when setting up the 80/20 split.

GET A f**kIN' GRIP SPL CHAIRMEN.

The game can only improve without the OF's corrupt stranglehold.

Finally, "thought for the day"....................

All the Bears going online boasting about the turnout for their demo compared to one at Hampden yesterday......................reminds me of Ironlegs saying "For every £5m that Celtic spend, we will spend £10m. That got them far didn't it !wink.png

Apologies for the ramble, but I'm just in from Heaton Park, and seem quite animated. Cough. cool2.gif

If? Since the release of that document that was sent from the SPL to the SFL clubs on the STV website, Gilmour has complained about inaccurate reporting before "putting the record straight" with a statement on the clubs official website that completely body swerves any talk of the document, or the attempt at bullying the SFL Chairmen and instead states that he is a strong supporter of cutting 16 SFL clubs adrift and of having a top tier of 16 and a bottom tier of 10.

There's no if about it Fraser. Gilmour is absolutely complicit in all of this farce and all of this at a time when him and his mates are desperately trying to trouser as much money as they can for the club whilst warning that the club faces inevitable administration and severe financial difficulties. Right now Gilmour is acting like Edward John Smith except having ran the Titanic into the iceberg and having put a massive hole in the hull he's bagsed a seat on the first lifeboat and rather than trying to raise assistance for his stricken passengers from local shipping, he's too busy using his mobile phone to contact scrap dealers to see how much money they'll give him for the wreckage.

I'm sure none of us want to see people lose their jobs as a direct result of this Rangers 'situation' - but that may happen.

In reply Poz,

Newco will be punished no matter what the outcome is but why punish our own? Do we not look after our own employees who happen to give us loyalty?

I certainly dont see the sense of provincial clubs punishing their own staff because what a chairman at Rangers did who no longer is even in football.

Murray and White first of all are the ones who should be severely punished. Then what is left of RFC should be punished, and it will be. Surly not at the expense of clubs employees.

Most fans including you are thinking through their emotions of hatred for RFC. Newco will not disappear into the sunset it will be back somewhere in a Scottish league. Punished yes but lets not see clubs the length of the country paying off loyal staff who have families in these difficult financial times. Let common sense prevail here.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Calm yourself down David what do you want – Rangers – The Bigots – That mob.

What does it matter what they are called the post is on topic

Correct Kendo, no rational thinking going on. The club is all for punishing whatever they are called

(happy David :)) Surly not at our own expense with club employees

The newco.

They are a new company.

They are not being punished.

They haven't played any games.

The proposals are to fast track this new company into the first division.

This isn't punishment.

The Scottish senior clubs are doing them a MASSIVE favour if they gain entry to the third division this season.

The newco have no grounds for punishment and won't be punished.

The newco.

They are a new company.

This isn't punishment.

The Scottish senior clubs are doing them a MASSIVE favour if they gain entry to the third division this season.

Yes that is why the Rangers fans are delighted.

The newco.

They are a new company.

This isn't punishment.

The massive favor is an opinion and not fact as no punishment has been given out. Too many of you are clicking the hatred button.

This is a chance to change Scottish football. Like it or not that club being reformed will be part of Scottish football it won’t go away like you hope. Unfortunately money makes the world go round as it does with Scottish football. As such provincial clubs should negotiate the change to suit our needs best.

The massive favor is an opinion and not fact as no punishment has been given out. Too many of you are clicking the hatred button.

This is a chance to change Scottish football. Like it or not that club being reformed will be part of Scottish football it won’t go away like you hope. Unfortunately money makes the world go round as it does with Scottish football. As such provincial clubs should negotiate the change to suit our needs best.

100% spot on. Nothing else to add.

The massive favor is an opinion and not fact as no punishment has been given out.

No, it is fact. Look at the rules.

It would be a MASSIVE favour, FACT.

Again, no punishment will be given out. Is that so hard to understand?

There are rules in place for a new football club wishing to apply for membership to the SFL.

Calm yourself down David what do you want – Rangers – The Bigots – That mob.

What does it matter what they are called the post is on topic

It's not about what we call them, Ian. David is correct. I don't want the newco punished - I couldn't care less about that now. As David has explained, any new club should have to apply to enter the 3rd division.

It really is that simple.

Edited by Drew

It's not about what we call them, Ian. David is correct. I don't want the newco punished - I couldn't care less about that now. As David has explained, any new club should have to apply to enter the 3rd division.

It really is that simple.

Spot on. All that the rational and sober-thinking football fan is asking for is that all new clubs wishing to gain access to the SFL do so in the route marked out: they apply to enter the 3rd Division. That is not punishment (which, actually is what they deserve, but I think we all realise it isn't going to happen and so we are resigned to accepting that they get treated with parity and not favouritism) that is what any club would have to do, that is fairness and equality.

Are Kendo and LS seriously in favour of treating our own and every other club unfairly so that a newco, that will pretend to be a club from Govan that one used to exist, gets favouritism? I thought they were St Mirren supporters...

Just to clarify, the document that was sent to the SFL clubs was sent to them by the SFL, not the SPL.

With obvious SPL input.

"Reduces SPL income by approximately 30%"

They also mention a £1m fee to buy Rangers media rights.

Immediate play offs.

Is it true that Neil Doncaster was the last to edit it?........Think he might be SPL

Edited by davidg

At what stage can a motion be put into place to change the distribution of the TV monies and how quickly can the changes be put into place .

I think a fairer distribtuion of TV monies would be that %60 of the revenues be shared equally between the top 6 clubs and that the other %40 be distributed evenly between the bottom 6 teams.

At what stage can a motion be put into place to change the distribution of the TV monies and how quickly can the changes be put into place .

I think a fairer distribtuion of TV monies would be that %60 of the revenues be shared equally between the top 6 clubs and that the other %40 be distributed evenly between the bottom 6 teams.

When next season starts there will be 12 spl clubs. They will have the 11-1 voting system to make any changes they wish. The Sky money will be split more fairly....No idea if it will be the % you suggest.

inadvertently. my wife has cancelled the direct debit lol.gif I'll explain

last week, Nic declared we were getting these nuisance phone calls from scammers asking about bank account details and she kept hanging up.

She was in the branch the other day & the lady in the bank says "we've been trying to contact you"

Turns out, it was the bank trying to contact her as some [Removed by Filter] has been dipping into her credit card & bought a few bits {about £1000 worth}

anyways, she reviewed all the accounts, including the joint one and found a DD for a company called GoCardLess & she thought

"******* scammers" & cancelled it.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Correct but there are some on here hell bent on punishing our wonderful club.

finally some sense spoken kendo, i dont give a f**k about sevco, newco whatever you want to call them, i am sick of it.

they are not going to be in the spl next season and that is good enough for me, 3rd division would be desirable, but i believe we have to trust the sfl clubs. who will say no and make them re-apply for 3rd div.

st mirren is priority and fans that are threatening to walk away have to realise they will be punishing our wonderful club, surely no genuine st mirren wants that??

any st mirren fans who want answers, get your bums along to the two meetings and voice your concerns in person!