Cancel Your Direct Debit Mandates

If? Since the release of that document that was sent from the SPL to the SFL clubs on the STV website, Gilmour has complained about inaccurate reporting before "putting the record straight" with a statement on the clubs official website that completely body swerves any talk of the document, or the attempt at bullying the SFL Chairmen and instead states that he is a strong supporter of cutting 16 SFL clubs adrift and of having a top tier of 16 and a bottom tier of 10.

There's no if about it Fraser. Gilmour is absolutely complicit in all of this farce and all of this at a time when him and his mates are desperately trying to trouser as much money as they can for the club whilst warning that the club faces inevitable administration and severe financial difficulties.

There is no doubt that there is a conflict of interest here. 10,000 Hours have 2 prices set out; 1 with a Sky deal; 1 without. It looks to me that SG is doing his best to ensure that deal 1 goes through, regardless of the wishes of the supporters of his (and virtually every other) side in Scottish football. I can respect that to some degree, but please spare me the p*sh about the consortium only wanting to deal with those who "have the best interests of St.Mirren FC at heart". Bilge.

Looks to me like SG & his SPL cronies (whose clubs are in fiscal sh*t street) are trying to force through a "quickie promotion for RFC" deal that would see Sky stay...........but nobody knows if they will walk away (ho-hum) if RFC are in Div 3. I doubt it, but we would get 8% of a reduced TV deal as opposed to the 2% now.

The ploy of doling out the scary stories is starting to grate.

There has been no change to the total financial amount of direct debits in the system. There have been 3 cancellations in the last few days, and 4 new sign ups.

Current total remains unchanged at £11580 per month.

There has been no change to the total financial amount of direct debits in the system. There have been 3 cancellations in the last few days, and 4 new sign ups.

Current total remains unchanged at £11580 per month.

I think a lot of us are giving SG the benefit of the doubt until tonight. It will need to be good.The bulk of our fans want St.Mirren to be totally distanced from any kind of threat to SFL teams and we would like to hear SG had absolutely no part in it. Whatever clowns came up with that should resign from any position in football in Scotland. I think by the sound of things some direct debits will be cancelled but I don't think it will signal giving up on St.Mirren. It might signal the end of 10,000 hours and an unwillingness to risk subsidising the consortium's price.

The document from the SPL should dismissed primarily due to the whataboutery contained within. Instead of wee backstreet meetings, the powers that be should be out talking to the people at SKY and with other commercial partners to find out exactly the impact...indeed, it should be written in to the damn contracts in the first place, with provisions based around financial irregularities etc.

After these meetings, the big wigs should then be on the phone to their compatriots in Denmark, Sweden and Belgium (for example) to find out how their league TV deals are structured and get some sort of information on crowds and wage levels...the wage level data can be forwarded to SPL clubs. During all of this they should take absolutely no consideration of being next to England, how much England's TV pays and the possibility of a mass player exodus down south. Going forward we need a league earning what it's worth, spending what it makes and supported by the media.

---

Just had a quick google...points of learning are that we're pretty much skirting the third tier of European leagues and the Belgian league is an abysmal idea as the teams in the second play-off group will have nothing to play for, other than the money that comes from being 7th to 14th, as Scotland will never have more than 6 teams in Europe.

Edited by TsuMirren

Maybe so Vambo, but if the rules are bent under SPL pressure to allow newco in at any position other than 42nd then it's pretty obvious that the SPL would bend their own rules too.

Just a thought but why are you Stuart Dickson wanting to go along to a meeting of StMirren season ticket holders if as you have said yourself you are not a StMirren Fan. I know you like to post on this forum but why StMirren why dont you get invloved with the business of other teams in SPL or SFL surley we are not the only team forum to be voicing our oppinions about the state of Scottish Football. I say this as a ST MIRREN FC Shareholder, a ST MIRREN FC Season Ticket holder and a 10000hours contributer . Are you just trying to cause trouble for our club I would like to know .

Guest somner9

Just a thought but why are you Stuart Dickson wanting to go along to a meeting of StMirren season ticket holders if as you have said yourself you are not a StMirren Fan. I know you like to post on this forum but why StMirren why dont you get invloved with the business of other teams in SPL or SFL surley we are not the only team forum to be voicing our oppinions about the state of Scottish Football. I say this as a ST MIRREN FC Shareholder, a ST MIRREN FC Season Ticket holder and a 10000hours contributer . Are you just trying to cause trouble for our club I would like to know .

good question!

I'm not going to a meeting of St Mirren season ticket holders. I'm going to a meeting with Stewart Gilmour and other B&W forum users having responded to an open invite for users of the forum who have concerns about Newco Rangers and about the sale of the club. I would say I fit that bill. Once that meeting is over I'll be leaving and going home. I won't be attending the meeting for supporters and season ticket holders.

I'm not going to a meeting of St Mirren season ticket holders. I'm going to a meeting with Stewart Gilmour and other B&W forum users having responded to an open invite for users of the forum who have concerns about Newco Rangers and about the sale of the club. I would say I fit that bill. Once that meeting is over I'll be leaving and going home. I won't be attending the meeting for supporters and season ticket holders.

I would imagine that when a invitation is put on a (StMirren Forum) to a meeting with the (St Mirren Chairman) they would expect the invites to be taken up by (St Mirren Supporters )and if there is only 15 spaces available (you )are being allowed to take a place that in my opinion should be going a (St Mirren fan ) .

Guest somner9

I would imagine that when a invitation is put on a (StMirren Forum) to a meeting with the (St Mirren Chairman) they would expect the invites to be taken up by (St Mirren Supporters )and if there is only 15 spaces available (you )are being allowed to take a place that in my opinion should be going a (St Mirren fan ) .

You are Sooooo right Mid Calder. It shrieks of desperate attention seeking. But perhaps SG will have printed out all the slanderous/libelous quotes addressed at him, to seek clarification on???

Well the invitations were for Div to give out. He's sent me on the invite - however if he wants to change his mind and to give it to anyone else that's fine by me. However I fit the criteria as outlined in the thread calling for those interested to come forward and I am keen to attend.

The massive favor is an opinion and not fact as no punishment has been given out. Too many of you are clicking the hatred button.

This is a chance to change Scottish football. Like it or not that club being reformed will be part of Scottish football it won’t go away like you hope. Unfortunately money makes the world go round as it does with Scottish football. As such provincial clubs should negotiate the change to suit our needs best.

You are making too many assumptions here about the motives of people.

Are you suggesting that 95% of football supporters across the country actively HATE a new company so much that they'd be prepared to hurt their own team?

Sorry bud. This isn't hate. It's bigger than that. This is about the purpose of organised football in this country.

None of us could give a toss about Rangers but we DO care about the integrity of the sport we love.

Just to clarify, the document that was sent to the SFL clubs was sent to them by the SFL, not the SPL.

Who sent it is not actually the problem.

The problem is the threat of financial meltdown and a breakaway SPL2.

I'm pretty certain the SFL didn't make those two things up.

This is as clear an attempt at blackmail as you'll ever see and in writing as well.

Hmm... This forum has more poorly hidden agendas than there are fish in the sea...

only thing wrong with the forum users invitation for me is - it was put up while i was at work and closed before i got home, i do not see myself attending the season ticket holders meeting, because i see it as being a large group all shouting "burn the witch" and all asking similar questions, it will be a riot, wish had been off work today , but sadly no, i'm annoyed at missing the chance to be invited tbh

I might fill in a direct debit for 10000 Hours now. They should be able to acquire the club dirt cheap in the near future after the holocaust.

looks more and more likely scott, cic takeover on hold for a year possibly, by that time after the smoke has cleared, all the SPL chairmen have been liberated from their self imposed concentration camps by an army of administrators and that place in govan is a travellers caravan site, it would be a bargain price, but also open to the current BOD/adminstrators selling to the highest bidder unfortunately

It's quite obvious that Stuart is in fact still a raging St Mirren fan. He appears to be in denial however and will claim no allegiance to the club. But he loves St Mirren. Deep deep love down to the bottom of his plums. Love.