Grant Adam

foxbar_bud

Good to see everyone giving him a second chance.....................

A young,daft boy,who is drunk, gets arrested for Incredibly stupid and offensive behaviour. Haven't most of us made mistakes when we were young,that we regret now?

He's been punished for his behaviour.

I seem to remember a lot of our fans welcoming back Broadfoot who physically assaulted someone.

We also currently have a player who was convicted of drunk driving at a young age.We seem to have accepted that he hade a mistake.

Sadly the likes of Adam will have been brought up knowing no better and he's spent the past few years in a club that has embraced that type of attitude .

Who knows,maybe we as a club can improve his life by providing him with an opportunity for rehabilitation and to see the error of his ways.Maybe,if he proves good enough to sign,the club could give him a chance to publically apologise for his crime and to be part of one of our ant-bigotry initiatives.

Just a thought.

Edited by FTOF

Good to see everyone giving him a second chance.....................

A young,daft boy,who is drunk, gets arrested for Incredibly stupid and offensive behaviour. Haven't most of us made mistakes when we were young,that we regret now?

He's been punished for his behaviour.

I seem to remember a lot of our fans welcoming back Broadfoot who physically assaulted someone.

We also currently have a player who was convicted of drunk driving at a young age.We seem to have accepted that he hade a mistake.

Sadly the likes of Adam will have been brought up knowing no better and he's spent the past few years in a club that has embraced that type of attitude .

Who knows,maybe we as a club can improve his life by providing him with an opportunity for rehabilitation and to see the error of his ways.Maybe,if he proves good enough to sign,the club could give him a chance to publically apologise for his crime and to be part of one of our ant-bigotry initiatives.

Just a thought.

Finally. Some sense.

The guy sang a song when pished, it was a mistake and he's been punished accordingly.

The same St Mirren support that until about 7 or 8 years ago sang "f**k the pope and f**k the queen"?

I'm not saying what he done was ok, but he's been punished and should be allowed to improve his life.

Oh no. Do I really have to explain it to you? It's all about context.... Feck it, I can't be bothered.

This young man made a mistake and he was duly punished in the correct manner by the courts of our land.

That should be ithe end of the matter.

Due to the tedious nature of my posting I cannot leave it at that so I feel the need to comment on this further. Personally I would hope that decent supporters of our club (the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co) can see beyond that and hope that this young fellow can learn from his mistake and go on to become a valuable member of our team.

I sincerely would hope that supporters of our club do not present themseves to be so shallow minded as to write this young fellow off for a discretion that he has already paid for.

Obviously if he were to continue in this vein then he would not be suitable for our club, but as he has already paid his debt to society then we, as better human beings should hope that he is able to become an asset to our club.

This young man has some growing up to do but what 21yr old male does not.

Im also enthused by the prospect of our club landing at least one free player from the mess that the tax dodging cheats have left Scottish football in.

In short, good luck to the young fellow and I hope he can become a Saint Mirren legend to the extent that I regard his older brother to be.

The same St Mirren support that until about 7 or 8 years ago sang "f**k the pope and f**k the queen"?

I'm not saying what he done was ok, but he's been punished and should be allowed to improve his life.

Just One of my favourite anti-bigot songs of all time!

Kendo & faraway will be welcoming him to the club with open arms.

Indeed, they'll probably join him in signing Rangers songs!

Which you know off by heart, another reason you poison the forum against our "Celtic supporting manager" as you called him. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Don't know if he is right for the team, but with a squad as small as ours we defo need a keeper that fits the under 21 rule too, so we can maximize our bench with as many players as possible without being restricted due to the under21 rule. If they are good enough then fine, but a u21 keeper let's us have more movement with it as mclean still fits the u21 rule aas well as reilly.

The under 21 rule only applies to outfield players

The under 21 rule only applies to outfield players

Don't think that's right bud.

I'm sure it's 3 under 21 in the match day squad. Think it's the Scottish Cup that is outfield players, isn't that why we ended up with the fine?

I Could be wrang though.

Edited by davidg

Don't know if he is right for the team, but with a squad as small as ours we defo need a keeper that fits the under 21 rule too, so we can maximize our bench with as many players as possible without being restricted due to the under21 rule. If they are good enough then fine, but a u21 keeper let's us have more movement with it as mclean still fits the u21 rule aas well as reilly.

I'm pretty sure said U21 rule states you must have two outfield U21 players so Adam wouldn't count.

Still wouldn't mind seeing him signed though.

Though I just noticed david's response and now I'm doubting myself - either way we need a back-up keeper and Grant Adam fits the bill.

Edited by RossTheBoss

I'm pretty sure said U21 rule states you must have two outfield U21 players so Adam wouldn't count.

Still wouldn't mind seeing him signed though.

Though I just noticed david's response and now I'm doubting myself - either way we need a back-up keeper and Grant Adam fits the bill.

So from Scottish Premier League website

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s115

"+ What is the U21 rule?

One of the aims of the SPL is the development of young talent and the U21 rule has been part of the league since it was set up in 1998/99. Currently, clubs must have three outfield U21 players in their matchday squad of 18. For season 2011/12 that means players born after 1.1.90."

I'm confused. I thought this still included the keeper, but maybe not. either way Reilly will be on the bench as a u21 and I'm sure McLean still is u21. I thought if got a keeper that fitted the bill this would let us maximise the bench, but may have to go with more younger players as I'm sure on another thread someone said it looks like we have a snr squad of like 15 players so younger players will have to fill the bench.