Grant Adam

foxbar_bud

Watched his half time training stint with Mathers, dropped or fumbled about half a dozen crosses under no pressure. Didn`t inspire confidence.

He was also skelping penalties into an open goal, many of them flying into the stand!

He looked decent enough tonight. Wasn't really tested a great deal, but made a coupleo f good stops, and his distribution was pretty good overall. I also noticed that he attempted to communicate vocally with the other players (though I'm not sure how many listened to him, TBH).

All that said, if he is playing silly buggers over terms....chase him.

He looked decent enough tonight. Wasn't really tested a great deal, but made a coupleo f good stops, and his distribution was pretty good overall. I also noticed that he attempted to communicate vocally with the other players (though I'm not sure how many listened to him, TBH).

Yes , a couple of good saves, but also a couple of pathetic flaps at crosses . Still not convinced

Adam should take the gamble - it paid of for Sammy - he came knowing he would be backup, he was in the team a lot the first year and as a result was rightly installed as no.1 last year and made it his own with one of the best keepers we have had in the past 30 years.

Unless you are a first team regular from another SPL club how could you expect to come in on big bucks?

Adam was probably on something like £150k (including bonuses) last year with Rangers U19s. I expect that, quite rightly, we are offering him a lot less this year to be our No.2.

Adam was probably on something like £150k (including bonuses) last year with Rangers U19s. I expect that, quite rightly, we are offering him a lot less this year to be our No.2.

I hope you are not being serious! £150k salary for a U19s player lol.gif

Yes , a couple of good saves, but also a couple of pathetic flaps at crosses . Still not convinced

I agree.

I know they're a rarity, but I much prefer a 'keeper who is able to deal with cross balls with confidence.I reckon Adam is too wee and I dread the thought of us being 1-0 up and the opposition punting long balls into the box with him in goals.

Made some cracking saves, although some of the Dumbarton shots were straight at him. He may have been a bit hesitant in the box after he took that kick to the face that rocked him a bit. But still, I was fairly impressed with his effort, positioning and ability. Would be good to see him get some time against Carlisle to see what he is like against better opposition, but I reckon he is good enough to grab the no.2 jersey at the moment... but i'd rather a spare goalkeeper thats worthy of challenging for the first team jersey!

some Rangers U19 players are on £2k a week plus a £35k bonus if they have been with them since U14s plus another bonus car worth up to £12k... just short of £150k a year.

If they had many on that kind of money then they were even worse headbins than we all thought. I'm afraid I always take those kind of figures with a pinch of salt. If you recall, one of their so-called whiz kids got done for speeding or some such. I can't remember exactly when but certainly within the last year. He couldn't afford the fine and apparently evidence was produced that he was earning about £700 per week. Not bad for an eighteen year old but miles away from £150k. Of course he may have had a second sneaky wee contract.

Not wholly convinced about the merits of this signing,especially on a 2 year deal.

Hopefully,he'll develop more presence when dealing with cross balls.

Still, another position filled.

Edited by FTOF

If they had many on that kind of money then they were even worse headbins than we all thought. I'm afraid I always take those kind of figures with a pinch of salt. If you recall, one of their so-called whiz kids got done for speeding or some such. I can't remember exactly when but certainly within the last year. He couldn't afford the fine and apparently evidence was produced that he was earning about £700 per week. Not bad for an eighteen year old but miles away from £150k. Of course he may have had a second sneaky wee contract.

By my calculation that's an EBT of £2,300 a week. Don't you keep up with the Sevco situation? tongue.pngtongue.png