Grant Adam

foxbar_bud

family club my arse! a thug found guilty of chanting "f*** the pope and the IRA". a disgusting signing, shame on SMFC.

I take your point, but everyone deserves the chance to rehabilitate. Hopefully he has learned and grown up a bit.

I take your point, but everyone deserves the chance to rehabilitate. Hopefully he has learned and grown up a bit.

Agreed...hopefully the club and DL particularly have explained that sectarian behaviour will not be tolerated at the club. So long as he understands that he should be supported the same as any other player. Can't see him getting a harder time than Cheesey and he's one of us.

Absolutely.

Any repeat of his previous daftie behaviour whilst an employee of the club, he should be shown the door, but I suspect few of us haven't done the odd thing we aren't proud of but appreciated the chance to move on, and possibly even atone for our actions. He should be launched into the community side of things - visit some local schools and promote the anti-sectarian agenda.

Edited by Drew

I think it's great to see St Mirren doing their bit for the society and eductaing these poor unfortunate souls.

That and the fact we needed a keeper and he is reasonably cheap.

Welcome aboard Grant, now leave your flute at the door son and get back to playing fitba.

Guest somner9

How high is your horse?

Mine on the left here stands 30ft in the air. I call him INTEGRITY.... but does any-buddy know who the jockey is in the photo???

family club my arse! a thug found guilty of chanting "f*** the pope and the IRA". a disgusting signing, shame on SMFC.

It's not a "disgusting" signing. Most idiots chant these things because their pals do, and know nothing of what they're actually saying. They do it because it gives them status, because it's controversial, because it gets other people's backs up. Are you telling us you've never done something stupid like that before, without thinking?

There are far worse people in the world and I'm sure Grant - having been prosecuted for his crime - has learnt his lesson. If he hasn't, he won't be a professional footballer much longer anyway. Let us get on with the football and judge Grant on what he does in St Mirren colours in these next two years - as little or as much as that might be.

Guest somner9

By your logic most of the auld geezers on the west bank (previous northbank aggro-ists) would have to leave the club too given we all sang a song that ended with a direct message re: the pope and the queen.

By your logic most of the auld geezers on the west bank (previous northbank aggro-ists) would have to leave the club too given we all sang a song that ended with a direct message re: the pope and the queen.

i'm no leaving - ah didnae mean tae sing it, big boys made me do it and then ran away,

Great song....next time Craig Burley is commentation at SMP the people in the back rows of the West Stand should lip sync it at him.

Bet you still cheered when Barry Lavety scored for Saints, But its alright to be a smackheid and play for us1eye.gif wasnt a good thing he done, but hes young lets hope hes learnt his lesson. Edited by santaponsasaint

• 10 months later...