10000Hours Statement On Recent Events

10000hours

Over the last 24hours there have been articles in the press and media which have caused people to question the integrity of 10000 hours. The following statement clarifies our position.

STATEMENT

The 10000hours team can confirm that no one on the team had seen the document or proposal reported by STV regarding the SFL document.

We also confirm that the team undertook the polling of all members in good faith.

At the meeting that Tony, Dave Gordon and Richard attended with the selling consortium last Thursday we were informed that no decision had yet been reached by the Board collectively as to how the SMFC vote at the SPL would be cast.

We agreed with the selling consortium to take a poll of 10000hours members to give the board of SMFC a guide as to how the fans felt about the situation. We have carried out that request and have presented the board with the results.

As you can see from the following official statement they have listened to the results of that poll and have confirmed that as yet there has still been no decision made.

http://www.saintmirr.../pages/?p=13398

We welcome the boards decision to openly discuss the situation with both the season ticket holders and shareholders next week (see the links below) and thank all our members for their input to the poll which has undoubtedly had a bearing on this decision.

Edited by 10000hours

We would encourage as many people as are able to take up the offer of attending a Club meeting with the Board on Monday and Tuesday next week as appropriate.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=13401 Shareholders meeting

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=13407 Season Ticket and supporters meeting

It is short notice but as the note says "only today" is the Board "in reciept of enough information to make valued decisions"

So you would absolutely refute any claim that the questions in the poll closing on Wednesday were reverse-engineered to obtain what would appear be a favourable outcome for the proposals which only publicly emerged y'day? Good.

What we need now is clarity on the position of the club & 10k Hours wrt the aforementioned latest proposals. Hopefully this can be addressed over the coming days and the meetings next week.

Personally speaking I for one find the idea abhorrent that a Newco Rangers could be parachuted into any other position than 42nd out of 42 in the league structure and don't understand why the latest proposals are being bundled together with said Newco Rangers emerging at notionally position #22, when the vast majority if not all measures outlined could (and should) be happening quite independently from the Rangers issue.

The Saints fans need straight talking and honesty from the 'higher ups'. Please let this be the case going forward.

So you would absolutely refute any claim that the questions in the poll closing on Wednesday were reverse-engineered to obtain what would appear be a favourable outcome for the proposals which only publicly emerged y'day? Good.

What we need now is clarity on the position of the club & 10k Hours wrt the aforementioned latest proposals. Hopefully this can be addressed over the coming days and the meetings next week.

Personally speaking I for one find the idea abhorrent that a Newco Rangers could be parachuted into any other position than 42nd out of 42 in the league structure and don't understand why the latest proposals are being bundled together with said Newco Rangers emerging at notionally position #22, when the vast majority if not all measures outlined could (and should) be happening quite independently from the Rangers issue.

The Saints fans need straight talking and honesty from the 'higher ups'. Please let this be the case going forward.

Completely refute. By all means ask the others who are named in the statement who were at the meeting.

I suggest you come to one the Club meetings on Monday or Tuesday as appropriate to make your points and hear what will be said

Here are my points up front, the fact NewCo should be in division three goes without saying, please pass them on in the hope it sparks some true innovation:

16 - 10 - pyramid...no!

We should have three leagues of 18 and then a pyramid below that. 12 teams coming in from the non-league and juniors would freshen things up in the 3rd division and division 1 and 2 should see better football and more opportunity for all the clubs in there.

In Division one, not being in relegation battles and having lesser teams around can only provide opportunities for younger players, a bit of confidence to top players and the ability to adapt. Only playing each other twice should also remove the apathy from the stands and the mental block suffered by the players...nobody wants to be ripped apart by the same player again and again. This would also make matches more of an event as teams would "come to town" only once, not to mention scouting etc and tactics wouldn't be so obvious, players wouldn't know each other like a book for example. A more fair split of revenue, plus the extra teams, should see less meaningless matches...though, as the Gers supporting media are currently battering on about money then surely no match is meaningless. An extra six teams in the league could also raise gates and give clubs more chances of victory, we all want to see that. The six teams coming in could also add to the away supports as surely Morton and Partick Thistle would bring a good support to us, whilst everyone would travel to Edinburgh or Dundee. A return of the Dundee derby, potential for Falkirk back in with a decent support and eventually maybe even Ayr versus Kilmarnock as a league or play-off match. You also have more exposure for sponsors and more people looking to subscribe to television deals.

Division two would see clubs have the chance to be promoted quicker, whilst other clubs would have the chance to move to the top league when in reality they were really only looking to previously avoid relegation or the play-off. Again, there'd be more competition and the natural space and development that 18 clubs in the league would bring. A seven match winning run, turning to 10 or 11 match runs could see crowd spikes and that would develop that club. The 18 clubs would have local derbies and those costs could easily offset trips north, when those arise. The TV deal could be run in-house by the league on a subscription basis...if junior clubs can provide highlights for free then why not, heck just £30 a season for the equivalent of SFL TV could be enough and you could run adverts during the highlights even if you broke them down match by match or in to groups of three...goals only etc. BBC Alba would, no doubt, have space for programming and even the upcoming public access TV could be utilised. This 18 would, of course, feature "Rangers" should they be placed in Division 3 and gain a place in the top four. You could also see Stirling, Queen's Park and Annan for example.

Division Three would see 6 clubs miss out on the bigger picture, but they could have had a season of games versus "Rangers" prior to that. They'd also be better set, surely, to punch above the 12 coming in and they'd be closer to getting in to the second tier than before. From there, who's to say a bit of investment or even the "Rangers" money couldn't be used to get a decent second division placing after promotion. The same natural space and freedom as above, plus more exposure would be true and TV could be provided club by club or alongside the second tier. A proper round-up section as part of a two hour, instead of sub-standard one hour, overall Scottish round-up would be the right thing to do and would also enhance the sponsor exposure and develop the game. The 12 clubs coming in would obviously need certain criteria, would they need seats for example? Clubs like Petershill, Auchinleck, Edinburgh City, Spartans spring to mind okay and sadly Jamie Wire's brilliant non league Scotland website is no more for some quick research. Off of the top of my head, Buckie Thistle would qualify and there's no doubt others like Huntly. Those clubs would surely be competitive and crowds could be good as fans look to visit places they haven't been to follow their club in a very exciting first season.

Below that, regionalise things and clubs can opt out of promotion if they want to. Not all clubs have an appetite for travelling across Scotland, that's fair enough.

If 34 games isn't enough, regionalise the League Cup for a group phase, regionalise the Challenge Cup for a group phase, hold indoor events during winter at the SECC and other indoor arenas.

Completely refute. By all means ask the others who are named in the statement who were at the meeting.

I suggest you come to one the Club meetings on Monday or Tuesday as appropriate to make your points and hear what will be said

Can't say fairer than that. Hope the bar is open. I'm thinking of getting the missus' to drop me so I can partake of a few strong sherberts and get into the swing of things. Pie and peas would be good too....

Can't say fairer than that. Hope the bar is open. I'm thinking of getting the missus' to drop me so I can partake of a few strong sherberts and get into the swing of things. Pie and peas would be good too....

I would bring a coat if you are coming on Tuesday it is possible that the meeting may need to be held in the Stands if it is a busy as I think it could be.

If you and the club have access to information why hold onto it until the public meetings?

Most fans are looking to both the BoD and to the 10000 Hours self-nominated interim SMFC Board for leadership. What we are getting is bollox carefully worded statements. Worse than that we're getting pointless questionnaires that were nothing more than a marketing exercise to try and ram home the on message financial scaremongering.

Where is the condemnation of the SPL document that people are looking for. All we have from you is excusary about not knowing about it. You, like the rest of us know about it now....why not do what the fans are all doing and condemn what is in it?

....no decision had yet been reached by the Board collectively....

no accident that the word "collectively" is used in that statement.

TL made the request - "The Saints fans need straight talking and honesty from the 'higher ups'. Please let this be the case going forward."

Let's start right now, as another bullshit slabbering public meeting is the last things the fans need now. Some very specific statements about personal views on scumgers and the SPL doc from all the people named as being on the interim BoD would also help your case. If Bii are upset by that then f"k them - we'll find the money elsewhere.

I would bring a coat if you are coming on Tuesday it is possible that the meeting may need to be held in the Stands if it is a busy as I think it could be.

I expect it will be very busy. I've never known anything like this in all my days as a football supporter. Difficult to make sense of things any more, although it should be simple.

SPL member club enters administration. SPL member club is liquidated. New owner attempts to start afresh and applies for the vacant slot in Div 3.

Boosh. Job done.

Guest somner9

Gravy?

I expect it will be very busy. I've never known anything like this in all my days as a football supporter. Difficult to make sense of things any more, although it should be simple.

SPL member club enters administration. SPL member club is liquidated. New owner attempts to start afresh and applies for the vacant slot in Div 3.

Boosh. Job done.

Totally agree Poz, it's actually that simple.

Boosh. Job done.

That's it in a nutshell.

There is NO acceptable alternative for me.

Boosh. Job done.

key words.....I have no doubt they would get in and indeed have no objection to a newco in the 3rd Div but look at all the work they need to get done (all been posted) before they can even apply.

Boosh. Job done.

Absolutely spot on sir.

It is an extremely simple process yet all the bells & whistles of these proposals are seeking, imo, to masquerade a blatant attempt to fix it for Rangers to be out of the top flight for as little time as possible.

As I've said though, none-very little of them should be impossible regardless of the Rangers situation. The SFL & SPL were supposed to be merging around this time from years back, even before the SFA got in on the act of fast-tracking the situation.

Playoffs should've happened years ago, ditto the pyramid system. Steps to organise that should've been taken after the appalling saga regarding Aridrieonians, Clydebank & Airdrie Utd...let alone the modern day retelling of the Icarus story of Gretna's demise and the election of Annan.

A redistribution or revenues & change to voting structure - what happens when Rangers are out of the SPL and suddenly the OF block vote isn't there to stop 11-1 majorities getting passed?

The SPL buying SFL TV rights to package in? Considering the SFL is 3 divisions surely it doesn't matter which one Rangers are in if you're packaging it.

League reconstruction has been talked about for years - saying you want a bigger league whether it's 14, 16, 18 or 20 is all well and good and it should happen with a merger of bodies come what may.

The crux of it is that justice is served on a morally and financially bankrupt organisation that has lived it up for years and now has to pay the price. That was the case with the aforementioned Icarus mob, it's exactly the same with Rangers.

I keep saying this, but someone needs to get the boot into Sky. They are holding all the cards, but everyone's shit scared of dealing with them, apparently.

Where's the public pressure on Sky? Does Sky TV support sporting integrity or doesn't it? I know it's a business, I know it's a particularly immoral one at that, but surely it must see the damage that supporting a Newco would do? Walking away from Scottish football because it has punished an organisation for not paying taxes would send all the wrong messages about what Sky TV values in society.

I wont be at the meeting as it's clearly not for me. It's for shareholders, season ticket holders and St Mirren supporters. Sadly there is no mention of community groups, corporate members or individual members.

It is not a CIC meeting. It is a meeting organised by the Club Board for Shareholders/Season Ticket Holders and Supporters. If anyone is in any of those categories then come along

I keep saying this, but someone needs to get the boot into Sky. They are holding all the cards, but everyone's shit scared of dealing with them, apparently.

Where's the public pressure on Sky? Does Sky TV support sporting integrity or doesn't it? I know it's a business, I know it's a particularly immoral one at that, but surely it must see the damage that supporting a Newco would do? Walking away from Scottish football because it has punished an organisation for not paying taxes would send all the wrong messages about what Sky TV values in society.

I think you'll find that the concern isn't really about what Sky do under their existing contact. I think you'll find that the reason for the panic, and the reason SPL Chairmen are so desperate to have Rangers just one tier below the top flight is that the contract is due for renewal for the start of the 2013-14 season and without 4 "Rangers" v Celtic clashes of some description in the league that contract is going to be worth a great deal less.