What Is Influencing The Bod?

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

With the first of two meetings tonight, and a string of seemingly contradictory statements from the BoD and 10000 hours last week regarding the whole "newco, threats to sfl etc" It would be useful to determine exactly what is influencing the BoD at this time?

In a thinly guised statement SG appears to be backing SPL 1 (16 clubs) and SPL 2 (10 clubs) then a few "Bet ten Bob leagues" in pyramid formation.

Is the influence driven by their 52% shareholding being worth more if Sevco 5088 are parachuted into div 1 rather than div 3???

What is the benefit to SFL teams that don't make it into either Spl 1 or 2? will it be worth their while, reduced costs, higher distribution of income from above???

Guest somner9

Why not spare Div's bandwith and go along tomorrow night to ask this question yourself?

This would be a good thread to post said feedback in.

With the first of two meetings tonight, and a string of seemingly contradictory statements from the BoD and 10000 hours last week regarding the whole "newco, threats to sfl etc" It would be useful to determine exactly what is influencing the BoD at this time?

In a thinly guised statement SG appears to be backing SPL 1 (16 clubs) and SPL 2 (10 clubs) then a few "Bet ten Bob leagues" in pyramid formation.

Is the influence driven by their 52% shareholding being worth more if Sevco 5088 are parachuted into div 1 rather than div 3???

What is the benefit to SFL teams that don't make it into either Spl 1 or 2? will it be worth their while, reduced costs, higher distribution of income from above???

All of this is a side issue.

As usual, you seem to be incapable of understanding the nub of the problem.

There have only been two real questions here.

1) Will Saints vote NO.

2) Did Saints have anything to do with the SFL letter.

Fans have repeatedly asked for clarification on both and have been denied it on both counts.

The answer to question 1 was extracted from Gilmour at a bewilderingly slow pace.

Tomorrow he'll hopefully be asked the second question and we'll get an answer.

I sincerely hope those attending do not fall into that "keep this answer quiet" camp leaving the rest of us uninformed but that's the price to pay for not attending I suppose.

In terms of the current crisis, pretty much everything else is a distraction.

Edited by oaksoft

What is influencing them? at a guess I'd say they are being tied to chairs with their eyelids clamped open in an auditorium as they are fed drugs and are forced to watch a flm loop of murder, rape, earthquake, pestillence, hunger poverty and sodomy as Jim Traynor's latest back-flipping editorial covering the doom that awaits anyone who doesnt give rangers everything they want is read out at a volume of 110 decibels by Ian McKellen

Guest somner9

All of this is a side issue.

As usual, you seem to be incapable of understanding the nub of the problem.

There have only been two real questions here.

1) Will Saints vote NO.

2) Did Saints have anything to do with the SFL letter.

Fans have repeatedly asked for clarification on both and have been denied it on both counts.

The answer to question 1 was extracted from Gilmour at a bewilderingly slow pace.

Tomorrow he'll hopefully be asked the second question and we'll get an answer.

I sincerely hope those attending do not fall into that "keep this answer quiet" camp leaving the rest of us uninformed but that's the price to pay for not attending I suppose.

In terms of the current crisis, pretty much everything else is a distraction.

The sort of blinkered, short sighted, hate filled narrow agenda that will kill scottish football in exchange for sending a threadbare (playing staff and ticket sales) club to Div 3.

To everyone other than Oaksoft who can see the big picture, will it really, deep down give you any satisfaction if sevco 5088 go to div 3, and several clubs (possibly ours) cease to exist? yeah we'de be 'Dead & Right'... that'l make interesting reading (not) on the record books when they write up when scottish football shot itself in the foot.

The sort of blinkered, short sighted, hate filled narrow agenda that will kill scottish football in exchange for sending a threadbare (playing staff and ticket sales) club to Div 3.

To everyone other than Oaksoft who can see the big picture, will it really, deep down give you any satisfaction if sevco 5088 go to div 3, and several clubs (possibly ours) cease to exist? yeah we'de be 'Dead & Right'... that'l make interesting reading (not) on the record books when they write up when scottish football shot itself in the foot.

Wow.

A compliment.

At least you acknowledge I can see the bigger picture.

Not sure about the rest of the pish in your post though.

Guest somner9

Wow.

A compliment.

At least you acknowledge I can see the bigger picture.

Not sure about the rest of the pish in your post though.

Don't understand how you get that my comment is anything other than stating you DON'T see the big picture???

But see you are reduced to the usual comments (pish) when you know you;ve been tango'd!

If that were to happen then could a fans group not buy the assets off the liquidator and start a newco aiming for admission to SFL3?

I too would be interested to know if Gilmour's actions have been influenced by his desire to protect share value so that he can walk away with a considerable amount of money in his back pocket or if he genuinely believes that he is taking a route of action that is in the best interests of the sport that I love. .

Over the weekend I've been impressed by the Clyde and Raith Rovers boards who have clearly stated their intentions lie with following the established method for handling an application to join the league by a member club. This is despite the obvious financial benefit that would exist to Raith Rovers in particular if the newco were immediately established in tier two. Hopefully more of the SFL clubs will take that line and prove their genuine interest and concern in steadfastly applying the rules fairly regardless of perceived financial gain.

I too would be interested to know if Gilmour's actions have been influenced by his desire to protect share value so that he can walk away with a considerable amount of money in his back pocket or if he genuinely believes that he is taking a route of action that is in the best interests of the sport that I love. .

Over the weekend I've been impressed by the Clyde and Raith Rovers boards who have clearly stated their intentions lie with following the established method for handling an application to join the league by a member club. This is despite the obvious financial benefit that would exist to Raith Rovers in particular if the newco were immediately established in tier two. Hopefully more of the SFL clubs will take that line and prove their genuine interest and concern in steadfastly applying the rules fairly regardless of perceived financial gain.

I too have been very impressed by the statements coming from SFL clubs. It is worth remembering that since the SPL was formed those are clubs who haven't seen much of the TV money bonanza and maybe work on the idea that 'what you don't have you don't miss'.

If that were to happen then could a fans group not buy the assets off the liquidator and start a newco aiming for admission to SFL3?

Of course they could - and of course a fans group exists at St Mirren with finance in place to make it work. Indeed it probably wouldn't need to get to the point of liquidation at St Mirren as 10000hours would be ideally placed to buy the club from an Administrator.

In recent years we've seen Airdrieonians, Gretna and Clydebank all fold and reform and even Third Lanark are back in existence now. There is absolutely no reason to think that if Sky pull TV money from the SPL for next season that St Mirren - or any other club for that matter - would cease to exist. If the Clyde Boards excellent proposals were to be adopted then every club that was liquidated in the next two years could start afresh at the bottom of the Scottish league pyramid. I think that's perfectly fair.

Guest somner9

They/we could!

But will they/we want to when they see what is left of the professional game?

I love football, loved playing it and watching it. Do we want to forego anything that resembles a reasonable standard, just to stick it a bit further up the ****?

they are broken, playerless and pennyless. I strongly suspect Walt Smith and the other consortia are waiting now for Green to crash and burn so they can do exactly as you say and pick Sevco 5088 up for buttons when it envitably enters administration. they are using eejits like Bomber Brown to keep mixing it, so Green and his shady team will eventually cut their losses.

They are punishing themselves more, much more than we ever could! Let's crack on and get St Mirren up to speed, playing better and with improved results on last season. levae the **** to continue self destructing.

They/we could!

I love football, loved playing it and watching it. Do we want to forego anything that resembles a reasonable standard, just to stick it a bit further up the ****?

they are broken, playerless and pennyless. I strongly suspect Walt Smith and the other consortia are waiting now for Green to crash and burn so they can do exactly as you say and pick Sevco 5088 up for buttons when it envitably enters administration. they are using eejits like Bomber Brown to keep mixing it, so Green and his shady team will eventually cut their losses.

They are punishing themselves more, much more than we ever could! Let's crack on and get St Mirren up to speed, playing better and with improved results on last season. levae the **** to continue self destructing.

You love the game - yet you want to see the rules bent and applied differently to the benefit of one team ahead of all others and that team isn't even the one you support?

Bizarre :rolleyes:

Guest somner9

You love the game - yet you want to see the rules bent and applied differently to the benefit of one team ahead of all others and that team isn't even the one you support?

Bizarre rolleyes.gif

Breaking my own ban on quoting this person, but he makes a point that seems to be in the main being made by people who:

A - Don't turn up as paying customers on a regular basis at professional footbal matches in scotland

B - Have an agenda built solely on hate, not as is the case with most saints fans built on love of our team, through the hard and the few good times

People like this poster I am replying to here don't actually want a better set up for professional football in scotland. they want it to die, to suit their own agenda or need to be able to say "see i told you it would die".

People like the poster I am replying to are "The Negs"!

They only exist to put forward negativity, they thrive on situations where there is uncertainty, the prospect of significant change. They don't want you to see a bright future in anything because that would destroy any point they could make and render them impotent!

We are the PAISLEY!

The Paisley ST MIRREN.......

They are just 'negs'....... Nobody needs themclap.gif

They/we could!

No-one is suggesting that we should be attempting to hurt 'Rangers' to the detriment of St Mirren. I honestly don't know how many times anyone needs to say this - the ONLY people who have hurt Rangers are Rangers themselves. Previous owners, managers, directors who turned a blind eye, and a string of big earning players happy to hoover up the cash without questioning the payslip too much.

This is really, really simple. We are not kicking Rangers to death - they are dead. Their current owner is (we must believe!) attempting to start a new club, which should apply to join the SFL Div 3.

It really is that simple. If St Mirren, Hearts, Kilmarnock, or any other SPL non-OF club were in the same position, we would not even be having this debate.

It is patently absurd that the rules only apply to 10 of the 12 SPL member clubs. The route some seem to want to go down leads to only one conclusion: Scottish football is rigged for the benefit of two clubs. It is obscene in any sporting competition. If we go down this route - we have a problem if Newco Rangers are unable to win Div 1. Entirely feasible, with 13 players and a hugely questionable owner with unknown backers. Surely if this warped logic is applied - we will all die unless newco Rangers wins Div 1, and we are also saying that newco Rangers must never be relegated either.

Any way you paint it - it is game over for Scottish senior football. WWF wrestling would be a fairer sporting competition, with more integrity.

Edited by pozbaird

Rongers do not exist any more and it IS possible that penalties are due for the wrongdoing perpetrated by that organisation. But it hasn't happened yet.

And penalities cannot and will not be imposed on an entirely new company.

There are various attempts to force a newco into scottish football at various levels. However the rules say this should not be possible - especially for companies with no history in the football world, with insufficient players, no proof of their potential to fulfil its commitments and no three years worth of audited accounts. A newco must start at the bottom as other actual teams have had to do. It is logical.

Given that Whyte bought a team for £1.00, and we know what that has so far achieved for scottish football, what do the blue-lovers above imagine that Green( who bought the shell for less than Whyte paid!) really expect from the newco being illegitimately dropped in at any level of the game?

If Scottish football seriously votes for that I would agree there is a suicide wish in the scottish system. I can understand daft fans being so easily conned but BoDs and Chairmen really should know much better.

Guest somner9

No-one is suggesting that we should be attempting to hurt 'Rangers' to the detriment of St Mirren. I honestly don't know how many times anyone needs to say this - the ONLY people who have hurt Rangers are Rangers themselves. Previous owners, managers, directors who turned a blind eye, and a string of big earning players happy to hoover up the cash without questioning the payslip too much.

This is really, really simple. We are not kicking Rangers to death - they are dead. Their current owner is (we must believe!) attempting to start a new club, which should apply to join the SFL Div 3.

It really is that simple. If St Mirren, Hearts, Kilmarnock, or any other SPL non-OF club were in the same position, we would not even be having this debate.

It is patently absurd that the rules only apply to 10 of the 12 SPL member clubs. The route some seem to want to go down leads to only one conclusion: Scottish football is rigged for the benefit of two clubs. It is obscene in any sporting competition. If we go down this route - we have a problem if Newco Rangers are unable to win Div 1. Entirely feasible, with 13 players and a hugely questionable owner with unknown backers. Surely if this warped logic is applied - we will all die unless newco Rangers wins Div 1, and we are also saying that newco Rangers must never be relegated either.

Any way you paint it - it is game over for Scottish senior football. WWF wrestling would be a fairer sporting competition, with more integrity.

Then why don't we all just concentrtre on St Mirren? we had a better season last time out, we could???? have a better one still this season ahead.

The people in the firing line are the chairmen of the SFL clubs, they need to hold their noses and get the best deal for their clubs. It's not their responsibility to punish rangers or any club come to that! Stick them in Div 1, divi the cash up, reorganise the leagus and change the voting structure.

let the **** bleed to death, they would if it were us!

The people in the firing line are the chairmen of the SFL clubs, they need to hold their noses and get the best deal for their clubs. It's not their responsibility to punish rangers or any club come to that! Stick them in Div 1, divi the cash up, reorganise the leagus and change the voting structure

It's also NOT their responsibility to get any blue-biased organisation out of the shite that was created by now-dead blue-biased organisation.

Let reality and the rules deal with the blue-biased organisation. Time is already wound way too far down for any difference to be made.

The deckchairs cannot be rearranged much more than they already have been. Further effort in that direction is futile - and still Rongers is dead. :)

Re-arrange the deckchairs for newco Rangers and what's to stop Vlad throwing a wobbly and pulling the plug on Hearts? He's unhinged enough to do it. What about Johnston at Killie? Liquidate, wipe out their huge debts.... and expect Scottish football to do another swift re-jig, allowing a debt free 'FC Kilmarnock 2013' straight into Div 1... Or should we say 'SPL 2'?

Guest somner9

It's also NOT their responsibility to get any blue-biased organisation out of the shite that was created by now-dead blue-biased organisation.

Let reality and the rules deal with the blue-biased organisation. Time is already wound way too far down for any difference to be made.

The deckchairs cannot be rearranged much more than they already have been. Further effort in that direction is futile - and still Rongers is dead. smile.png

You are so right about that. they (SFL clubs) need to do what is right by them. The spl have bodyswerved their responsibility. We as saints fans need our BoD to do what is right by us!

Edited by somner9

Re-arrange the deckchairs for newco Rangers and what's to stop Vlad throwing a wobbly and pulling the plug on Hearts? He's unhinged enough to do it. What about Johnston at Killie? Liquidate, wipe out their huge debts.... and expect Scottish football to do another swift re-jig, allowing a debt free 'FC Kilmarnock 2013' straight into Div 1... Or should we say 'SPL 2'?

Don't think that IS now possible, Poz. There was/has been an actual genuine attempt by SPL chairs to stop a repeat of the blue disaster being perped by the likely suspects... the Rules HAVE been tightened in that respect

Then why don't we all just concentrtre on St Mirren? we had a better season last time out, we could???? have a better one still this season ahead.

The people in the firing line are the chairmen of the SFL clubs, they need to hold their noses and get the best deal for their clubs. It's not their responsibility to punish rangers or any club come to that! Stick them in Div 1, divi the cash up, reorganise the leagus and change the voting structure.

let the **** bleed to death, they would if it were us!

Classic ostrich behaviour. Let's pretend that none of this affects St Mirren.

Sadly in the real world, the SevCo situation intimately involves every single club in the country.

Calling people who recognise that indisputable fact "negs" makes you look pretty daft.

You are still talking about "punishing" by the way. I have no idea what you're going on about.

As far as I can see it's not about punishing Newco Fc it's about the whole of Scottish football listening to the Paying customer the majority of whom want to preseve a league that treats all members with the same Laws & Punishments (something we have not had for a long time but now have a chance to install) so

With apologies to Sidney Lumet’s “Network”

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The Pound buys a Penny’s worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that a Football Club got caught cheating and might get demoted to division 1, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my Sky TV package, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Member of Parliament, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Rangers Football Club and the crime against HMRC.

All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a Football supporter, goddammit! My support has a value!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

But if these rule changes go through we would have to be re-admitted at SFL1 or SPL2. That is the problem, what would there be to stop any of the SPL clubs with debt liquidating, reforming and re-entering at SFL1 ? And if they were denied, rongers have shown that the SFA or leagues could be taken to the court of session for an appeal against punishments that are outwith their rule book.