What Is Influencing The Bod?

Guest somner9

The sort of blinkered, short sighted, hate filled narrow agenda that will kill scottish football in exchange for sending a threadbare (playing staff and ticket sales) club to Div 3.

To everyone (other than Oaksoft) who can see the big picture, will it really, deep down give you any satisfaction if sevco 5088 go to div 3, and several clubs (possibly ours) cease to exist? yeah we'de be 'Dead & Right'... that'l make interesting reading (not) on the record books when they write up when scottish football shot itself in the foot.

there thats clearer for him now

But if these rule changes go through we would have to be re-admitted at SFL1 or SPL2. That is the problem, what would there be to stop any of the SPL clubs with debt liquidating, reforming and re-entering at SFL1 ? And if they were denied, rongers have shown that the SFA or leagues could be taken to the court of session for an appeal against punishments that are outwith their rule book.

i think any other clubs going into administration voluntarily will face a different set of rules, the bank pulled the plug on the ex govan club, so the bank or any major creditor would have to do same to any other club, and that would hopefully be fully investigated to ensure it was not just done to free themselves from debt and pop up again. If clubs are servicing their debt at the bank then the bank will be happy

hopefully yes, at about 10% of the current offer i'd guess

That is why none of the scaremongering about a financial apocalypse worries me. If the worst were to happen then we would have a golden opportunity to resurrect our club.

Could this be where the £16million figure came from:

The impact of 2009/10 performance on the field was Rangers yielding a further £16.1m in commercial income

but to quote it fully, it would seem that the £16M is lost to the game anyway because Sevco don't meet European criteria.

The SPL’s total turnover grew by 2% to £171m in season 2009/10 (2008/09:£167m), mainly arising from Rangers and Celtic’s participation in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League.Conversely, in 2008/09, the Ibrox club didn’t participate in Europe, after being knocked out during the second qualifying round by FBK Kaunus, whereas Celtic enjoyed Champions League football. The impact of 2009/10 performance on the field was Rangers yielding a further £16.1m in commercial income, which more than offset the £10.9m drop in revenue at Celtic. This highlights the significance of European football to the results of the two Glasgow giants.

http://pwc.blogs.com/files/22nd-afr-spr11.pdf

Let's be honest nobody should WANT administration and what that brings. IMHO our club has no chance of going down this route and as such the question raised by 10000hrs is bollocks. I intend to ask this question tomorrow as our club can always ask our top players if they would like to leave for free or wait for pence in the pound.......A no brainer for me. But hey I'm only a supporter. Seemingly they are all on 2 yr contracts and will demand the full payout. Total and utter pish!

People like this poster I am replying to here don't actually want a better set up for professional football in scotland. they want it to die, to suit their own agenda or need to be able to say "see i told you it would die".

People like the poster I am replying to are "The Negs"!

They only exist to put forward negativity, they thrive on situations where there is uncertainty, the prospect of significant change. They don't want you to see a bright future in anything because that would destroy any point they could make and render them impotent!

Oh the irony

Rangers went into voluntary administration.

correction then - sorry, any club going into administration on the basis they will be treated the same as this newco will face different rules as they are not going to be taken as a major threat to spl clubs finances and - oh feck it you know what i meant. i've seen you answer others posts with the same type of "your wrong" comment, - not impressive