Sponsors

ck1

I think that the sponsors need to come out and let the Fans know who they are, and more importantly what there intensions will be in all of the scenarios that are been muted around about the general direction of Scottish Football.

There intensions will then let the fans make a decision on whether they will stop supporting their brand .

If they are not going to give money and continue there support in Scottish Football are people still going to support and subscribe to them ?

What would be the point of SPL chairmen voting in favour of the Rangers newco solely to retain sponsors at the cost of losing their own fanbase many of whom have already made it clear they will no longer attend games under those circumstances? Short-term thinking that will surely result in financial suicide.

What would be the point of sponsors threatening to impose exit clauses if the result would be a boycott of their products ?

Scaremongering by those who fear they have most to lose financially.

My post from another thread.

I find it incredible that:

Sky,

ESPN,

Clydesdale Bank,

William Hill,

BBC,

SEGA,

Mitre,

Weatherseal,

Panini,

Powerade,

EA Sports,

SportFive,

Sporting ID and

The Football Pools

would all value their Scottish customer base so lowly as to completely pull the plug on Scottish Football. I find it hard that those complains would place at least half a dozen Scottish football clubs (hundreds of employees) at jeopardy to be seen to support a cheating, tax-avoiding, lying company like the old R*ngers.

If this is the stance they are taking, the opportunity is ours, as fans, to unite in protest against these companies. Don't use them, cancel subscriptions, use their competitors. It's a simple solution to a complicated problem and would give all of us a sense of some ownership and voice in the middle of a situation where the every day, bread and butter fan has been ignored and marginalised.

Come on then sponsors, let's be hearing from ya!

Mine……

Sky and the rest of the sponsors were smart enough to put the clause in the contracts because the Old Firm have indicated their intentions to shaft us all by moving down south. Why would the rest of the SPL clubs not do the same with their players?

I know it was a long shot but obviously not long enough to put 99% of the leagues sponsors off adding this clause. Hmmmmmm

Mine……

Sky and the rest of the sponsors were smart enough to put the clause in the contracts because the Old Firm have indicated their intentions to shaft us all by moving down south. Why would the rest of the SPL clubs not do the same with their players?

I know it was a long shot but obviously not long enough to put 99% of the leagues sponsors off adding this clause. Hmmmmmm

I said this to buddied94 on the phone earlier today - amazed no-one thought of this, especially as it was in the sponsors' contracts.

What would be the point of SPL chairmen voting in favour of the Rangers newco solely to retain sponsors at the cost of losing their own fanbase many of whom have already made it clear they will no longer attend games under those circumstances? Short-term thinking that will surely result in financial suicide.

What would be the point of sponsors threatening to impose exit clauses if the result would be a boycott of their products ?

Scaremongering by those who fear they have most to lose financially.

They have been engaging in that since the SPL was formed in 1998. I wonder is it just co-incidence that Scotland have not attended a major finals since 1998.

Let's assume sponsors need supporters custom, otherwise why sponsor football? Well, if they choose to walk away then let us leave them to. They will drive away custom just as much as Scottish football will drive them away.

Let's not be held to ransom for the sake of a pittance of sponsorship money and actually show some ambition.

Come on then sponsors, let's be hearing from ya!

IMO it's much more likely they would reduce their sponsorship. As businesses they want a proportionate return for their money. They could then make their argument they have stood by Scottish football. The question is by how much if it happens and when?