10000Hours Update; Supporting St.mirren

div

Good stuff.

I take it we'll be contacted as and when it becomes apparent that the club would benefit from direct financial assistance, with a view to letting us know how we can help out?

I'd consider increasing my DD payment (at least temporarily), in order to give funds a boost. Presumably a new mandate form would have to be completed in this event, with the old one disregarded?

Good statement. I'm well up for doing whatever I can to 'ease the pain' of this affair. Seemed to me that a lot of good dialogue - with zero in-fighting or shouting the odds, was achieved on Monday and Tuesday.

Could be a good idea to do that again. Main stand - but the topic of discussion is coming up with ideas and maybe going about setting up some mechanism for club and fans to implement the workable ideas.

Seems positive on here already for a switch from CiC to direct support. Need to move on with the changes as fans will need to know what the future value of the club will be for takeover after putting our money in now. Mine is unconditional but I'm sure if we can get some partnership going with SG and RA then we can lump in alot more as there is NO doubt this is going to be needed......COYS.

More than happy for my Direct Debit to go toward helping the club at this time. Also as Drew has said I am also happy to increase payments for at least a year to help out.

I am more up for this than the actual buy out.

Good statement. I'm well up for doing whatever I can to 'ease the pain' of this affair. Seemed to me that a lot of good dialogue - with zero in-fighting or shouting the odds, was achieved on Monday and Tuesday.

Could be a good idea to do that again. Main stand - but the topic of discussion is coming up with ideas and maybe going about setting up some mechanism for club and fans to implement the workable ideas.

Credit where it's due I think given the severity of the problem there was remarkablly little fighting amongst fans across the entire country on this issue.

It's interesting to see what fans can do when they are sufficiently motivated.

Pretty sure that cries of help from the club on any issue will be met with lots of willing volunteers.

I think the aim is that once we know what the club is facing we will engage with the board and ask them if they want help from our members.

If that is an offer they want to take up we would email the members and ask for their approval. Any money we used would need to be in the form of a loan to the club or on the understanding that it was to be used as a reduction in the selling price.

I don't think it would be in the members interests to simply "give" money to the club otherwise we'd effectively end up inflating the selling price for ourselves to then pay again !

The mechanics of amending the direct debit total are quite straight forward. All you would do would be to login to your GoCardless.com account, cancel the existing direct debit and then go through the sign up process again via 10000Hours, choosing your new monthly amount. This time you would not need to create a new GoCardless account of course.

We will wait and see what happens and what the club want to do, but we are in a strong position to help and I would hope that the likes of SMiSA would also be up for assisting if they were asked by the club.

Interesting to find out how this new fraternity amongst clubs pans out. Can it include Celtic?...Fans are planning to buy St Mirren scarves for their visit to Paisley and show them as a sign of unity in the SPL vote. They also want to make sure every away ticket is bought..... Thank fcuk red dots don't exit anymore but hey I'm only the messenger so don't shoot!

Edited by reborn saint

I think the aim is that once we know what the club is facing we will engage with the board and ask them if they want help from our members.

If that is an offer they want to take up we would email the members and ask for their approval. Any money we used would need to be in the form of a loan to the club or on the understanding that it was to be used as a reduction in the selling price.

I don't think it would be in the members interests to simply "give" money to the club otherwise we'd effectively end up inflating the selling price for ourselves to then pay again !

The mechanics of amending the direct debit total are quite straight forward. All you would do would be to login to your GoCardless.com account, cancel the existing direct debit and then go through the sign up process again via 10000Hours, choosing your new monthly amount. This time you would not need to create a new GoCardless account of course.

We will wait and see what happens and what the club want to do, but we are in a strong position to help and I would hope that the likes of SMiSA would also be up for assisting if they were asked by the club.

Sensible...viable...doable....Lets move quickly on this.

Mmmm ? Personally I would see it as helping the club out in its hour of need. In other words it would not bother me if it does not bring the price down for the CIC takeover. While that will appeal to some I see it as a bit of black mail.

Then again I am a big soft touch not a business man. Most important is keeping the ship steady; if that is voluntary donation I’m happy with that.

Edit to add

Edit to add – Think I would be more comfortable giving my donation to SMISA don’t feel comfortable forcing the price down of the sale when the board went along with what the fans wanted. That showed loyalty from the board.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Interesting to find out how this new fraternity amongst clubs pans out. Can it include Celtic?...Fans are planning to buy St Mirren scarves for their visit to Paisley and show them as a sign of unity in the SPL vote. They also want to make sure every away ticket is bought..... Thank fcuk red dots don't exit anymore but hey I'm only the messenger so don't shoot!

Got to say, and this is just my personal view. If Celtic fans want to do something like that - which is actually a positive thing rather than a negative thing - let's ride with it. I'm going to try and get to a few more away games too. There's one huge issue facing all of us at the moment - the less talk of boycotts and reprisals amongst any supporters, the better.

Mmmm ? Personally I would see it as helping the club out in its hour of need. In other words it would not bother me if it does not bring the price down for the CIC takeover. While that will appeal to some I see it as a bit of black mail.

Then again I am a big soft touch not a business man. Most important is keeping the ship steady; if that is voluntary donation I’m happy with that.

Edit to add

Edit to add – Think I would be more comfortable giving my donation to SMISA don’t feel comfortable forcing the price down of the sale when the board went along with what the fans wanted. That showed loyalty from the board.

So what then LS? You want to put 10000hours in a position where it would have to increase the offer to the board of directors?

I know logic and football don't often go but you need to work out what you want for the future of the club. Do you want community ownership? Do you want community ownership but with a handful of SMiSA members with a powerful voice? Or do you want a situation where 10000hours can't afford the club, SMiSA have pissed away another pile of cash on t-shirts and towels and the consortium simply sell to the highest bidder?

Maybe all the groups involved need their heads battered together, but FFS use your head first before jumping head long into anything in football just now!

Got to say, and this is just my personal view. If Celtic fans want to do something like that - which is actually a positive thing rather than a negative thing - let's ride with it. I'm going to try and get to a few more away games too. There's one huge issue facing all of us at the moment - the less talk of boycotts and reprisals amongst any supporters, the better.

I hope It's not just me and you Poz.....these are strange times and strange things may happen but don't mention it to Shull.

So what then LS? You want to put 10000hours in a position where it would have to increase the offer to the board of directors?

I know logic and football don't often go but you need to work out what you want for the future of the club. Do you want community ownership? Do you want community ownership but with a handful of SMiSA members with a powerful voice? Or do you want a situation where 10000hours can't afford the club, SMiSA have pissed away another pile of cash on t-shirts and towels and the consortium simply sell to the highest bidder?

Maybe all the groups involved need their heads battered together, but FFS use your head first before jumping head long into anything in football just now!

Stuart with your history against SG I fully understand you don’t get my post.

Simply it means the board gave us the fans loyalty. I’m comfortable to make a monthly donation to the club to pay back that loyalty shown by the board. Hence I will put my donation to SMISA.

When it comes to supporting 10,000hours next year for the takeover I will support it.

Loyalty is a thing you can’t grasp when admitting you’re not a St Mirren supporter though we all know deep down your just confused hence you’re never off the forum and attend supporters meetings

Stuart with your history against SG I fully understand you don’t get my post.

Simply it means the board gave us the fans loyalty. I’m comfortable to make a monthly donation to the club to pay back that loyalty shown by the board. Hence I will put my donation to SMISA.

When it comes to supporting 10,000hours next year for the takeover I will support it.

Loyalty is a thing you can’t grasp when admitting you’re not a St Mirren supporter though we all know deep down your just confused hence you’re never off the forum and attend supporters meetings

No LS, I understand loyalty, but there is a difference between that and stupidity. :rolleyes:

You need to engage your brain before you do something stupid. I'm not saying you need to pay more money to 10000hours, just that you need to think what you want for your football club in the future. Putting money in for the sake of putting money in will only cost you MORE in the long term and for what? So five St Mirren supporters can enjoy a wealthy retirement?

No LS, I understand loyalty, but there is a difference between that and stupidity. rolleyes.gif

You need to engage your brain before you do something stupid. I'm not saying you need to pay more money to 10000hours, just that you need to think what you want for your football club in the future. Putting money in for the sake of putting money in will only cost you MORE in the long term and for what? So five St Mirren supporters can enjoy a wealthy retirement?

stuart i think what ls is trying to say is that he doesnt care if it costs him more in long term, he wants to contribute to the running of the club now in order to protect the club, which is fair enough, id happily do that too,

i do get what your saying though, i think it is sensible point to put to the board, we will help you out now in time of need, but when you sell you help us out and reduce selling price. fair solution??? i think so

stuart i think what ls is trying to say is that he doesnt care if it costs him more in long term, he wants to contribute to the running of the club now in order to protect the club, which is fair enough, id happily do that too,

i do get what your saying though, i think it is sensible point to put to the board, we will help you out now in time of need, but when you sell you help us out and reduce selling price. fair solution??? i think so

Yeah exactly. I get the sentiment but fans just have to make sure they are doing something practical with the money. If not it could work against them in the long run. If you believe that the board have done enough even if Newco are parachuted into SFL 1 then Buddiecat is right - at the moment what St Mirren need isn't £10 donations to SMiSA or to 10000hours, they need people buying the season tickets and going to matches.

Fans just need to sit down for a bit and think what the end goal is in all of this. Gilmour and co are selling up one way or another and on Tuesday night Gilmour confirmed they still have other bidders waiting on the outcome to all of this. If 1000+ fans really do support what 10000hours are doing then it seems - to me anyway - to be a bit counter-productive to donate their money through any other channel. If on the other hand fans like what SMiSA do then they should put their money in through that channel, but for god sake don't just do an LS and throw money in all directions without thinking about it.

If this situation does materialise under these circumstances then it would have to be on the condition that the board would actually sell to 10000hrs. Imagine we help out in the hour of need and keep the club afloat, bring down the price, and then one of the other interested bidders swoops in and takes the club at the new reduced price.

If this situation does materialise under these circumstances then it would have to be on the condition that the board would actually sell to 10000hrs. Imagine we help out in the hour of need and keep the club afloat, bring down the price, and then one of the other interested bidders swoops in and takes the club at the new reduced price.

exactly this, buy a season ticket now and then wait to see what becomes of any bids, if another bidder takes control you might not like the person or what they stand for, given 10000hours like on your post i assume they will not ask for us to use contributions to help out if they are not the successful bidder

A bit of blue-sky thinking on this ...instead of a loan or a discount on the selling price, why not actually use it to purchase an asset. Reach agreement with the consortium that their end of the deal, in return for an influx of working capital is that the ground is signed over to 10000hours or SMISA or both. I know it's a bit out there, but thinking ahead, and if the worst should truly happen and the club were to face liquidation, then at least the ground would be in safe hands.

A bit of blue-sky thinking on this ...instead of a loan or a discount on the selling price, why not actually use it to purchase an asset. Reach agreement with the consortium that their end of the deal, in return for an influx of working capital is that the ground is signed over to 10000hours or SMISA or both. I know it's a bit out there, but thinking ahead, and if the worst should truly happen and the club were to face liquidation, then at least the ground would be in safe hands.

This is a decent idea, but I couldn't see the consortium agreeing to splitting the assets in this way, even if it were in their gift to do so. The ground doesn't merely belong to the consortium to sell - this belongs to all the shareholders. It is only their shares that the consortium can sell. An EGM would presumably be required in order to sell on any concrete asset, and, as I say, splitting the assets in this way would dramatically impact on the value of the 52% shaeholding.

In saying all of the above, it is perfectly feasible that I'm talking shite.

Have to agree with anyone saying that the emphasis now has to be on finding solutions to the impending problem/problems that the club face. It's clear that we potentially face a step change akin to a cliff face with the finance model we're currently working to no longer applying. Whereas other clubs have wealthy benefactors that can turn that into a slope with ease, we sadly don't and have to look to take on that ourselves for the most part.

Aside from the obvious (renewed emphasis on ST & matchday ticket sales), there has to be as said previously a bit of blue sky thinking - the more ideas on this score the better.

One question worth asking (don't know if it was at the shareholder's meeting?) is are there any remaining unissued shares in the company? Speaking as someone who missed out on the previous rights issue in the '90s due to not being around then, I'd gladly take the opportunity of putting some money to the club for a very small amount (say 10-20) of shares, even if the total price I'd pay was considerably higher than the individual share price as set out by likes of the CIC's 1877 club scheme.

Short of that, is it worth asking if there could be any scope for a new rights issue itself? Yes the consortium would need to take some at their own expense to retain their 52% majority stake, but it could raise decent capital and when the current problems are negotiated they'd still be able to sell up.

On the issue of upping the CIC mandate assuming that cash goes to the club for a year or more...if anyone does that, great - personally I probably wouldn't be in a position to that as I'm already set to pay 2 DDs, though I would look to buy a few extra matchday tickets for home games for friends who aren't always able to go over the course of the season as & when I can.

I'd also suggest having a greater number of SMFC functions & events to raise money. I think an Xmas Auction coupled to a night at the stadium would be great fun for one thing, sort of like a smaller version of the player's dinner mid-season. A few things like that, lesser dinners with guest speakers done on a monthly basis or whatever.

Also, we could surely develop some more in-house merchandise lines - good quality stuff in strictly limited numbers. This will be something of a historic season after all, for obvious reasons.

Lets get some ideas out there. :)

Have to agree with anyone saying that the emphasis now has to be on finding solutions to the impending problem/problems that the club face. It's clear that we potentially face a step change akin to a cliff face with the finance model we're currently working to no longer applying. Whereas other clubs have wealthy benefactors that can turn that into a slope with ease, we sadly don't and have to look to take on that ourselves for the most part.

Aside from the obvious (renewed emphasis on ST & matchday ticket sales), there has to be as said previously a bit of blue sky thinking - the more ideas on this score the better.

One question worth asking (don't know if it was at the shareholder's meeting?) is are there any remaining unissued shares in the company? Speaking as someone who missed out on the previous rights issue in the '90s due to not being around then, I'd gladly take the opportunity of putting some money to the club for a very small amount (say 10-20) of shares, even if the total price I'd pay was considerably higher than the individual share price as set out by likes of the CIC's 1877 club scheme.

Short of that, is it worth asking if there could be any scope for a new rights issue itself? Yes the consortium would need to take some at their own expense to retain their 52% majority stake, but it could raise decent capital and when the current problems are negotiated they'd still be able to sell up.

On the issue of upping the CIC mandate assuming that cash goes to the club for a year or more...if anyone does that, great - personally I probably wouldn't be in a position to that as I'm already set to pay 2 DDs, though I would look to buy a few extra matchday tickets for home games for friends who aren't always able to go over the course of the season as & when I can.

I'd also suggest having a greater number of SMFC functions & events to raise money. I think an Xmas Auction coupled to a night at the stadium would be great fun for one thing, sort of like a smaller version of the player's dinner mid-season. A few things like that, lesser dinners with guest speakers done on a monthly basis or whatever.

Also, we could surely develop some more in-house merchandise lines - good quality stuff in strictly limited numbers. This will be something of a historic season after all, for obvious reasons.

Lets get some ideas out there. smile.png

Brilliant! I think I just won the Bullshit Bingo tongue.png