Nero Blanco Fund Launched

div

With talk of a 'fighting fund' being needed - I guess the fear is that we might be seeing a St Mirren who have to lay off Greenhill Road and Ralston staff, sell 6-8 of our best players, or see them leave for nothing, to get them off the wage bill. A St Mirren who would cut back on youth development, trim any overheads at all... and would be in an SPL with one of the OF dead, and corporate sponsor income deeply slashed.

In short, we'd move from being in the 'best position for 20 years' to being up shit creek with perhaps half a paddle, compared to some clubs with no paddle.

Seems unlikely that SG & Co would get a 2.2mil bid from a rich individual that would see 10000hours kicked into touch.

Where were they when they could have picked up a stable, healthy, on-the-up club, in a calm SPL for 1.5-2mil?

With talk of a 'fighting fund' being needed - I guess the fear is that we might be seeing a St Mirren who have to lay off Greenhill Road and Ralston staff, sell 6-8 of our best players, or see them leave for nothing, to get them off the wage bill. A St Mirren who would cut back on youth development, trim any overheads at all... and would be in an SPL with one of the OF dead, and corporate sponsor income deeply slashed.

In short, we'd move from being in the 'best position for 20 years' to being up shit creek with perhaps half a paddle, compared to some clubs with no paddle.

Seems unlikely that SG & Co would get a 2.2mil bid from a rich individual that would see 10000hours kicked into touch.

Where were they when they could have picked up a stable, healthy, on-the-up club, in a calm SPL for 1.5-2mil?

In our boardroom with Gary Withey?whistling.gif

Guest somner9

I see what you are trying to say............. what I am unhappy about is that we give them money to run club and then sell to a.n. other

It like me asking mates to pay £50 a month towards my mortgage for a year............... I then sell the house and keep the money. Would you buy into that ????

What we are doing is keeping the club afloat for them to keep the figure at 1.5 million.

PS heres my bank details 99-88-77- 18771987

As you may pick up from my posts? It does not make sense, and ultimately won't be helpful to have 10000 hours running this "Matt Bianco" fund that could see good money thrown after bad, and A.N. Other picking up the club after the fans have tackled some/all the outsatnding debt.

10000 hours primary aim and objective is to be a CiC that takes control of a majority shareholding in SMFC on behalf of its members. Reality check! You haven't achieved that yet 10000 hours! maybe you should concentrate on displaying one core competency? I.e eventually landing the deal you set out to do a very long time ago.

As you may pick up from my posts? It does not make sense, and ultimately won't be helpful to have 10000 hours running this "Matt Bianco" fund that could see good money thrown after bad, and A.N. Other picking up the club after the fans have tackled some/all the outsatnding debt.

10000 hours primary aim and objective is to be a CiC that takes control of a majority shareholding in SMFC on behalf of its members. Reality check! You haven't achieved that yet 10000 hours! maybe you should concentrate on displaying one core competency? I.e eventually landing the deal you set out to do a very long time ago.

Again I have no idea what angle you are on here Somner. You and Sid seem to be under the assumption that going through 10000hours is pissing money away when it is far more likely that you would be pissing money away using SMiSA. Have a look at the statement from 10000hours.

We are conscious that St Mirren Football Club and the selling consortium are two very different entities and that any money raised would be going to the football club. However we expect the selling consortium to take cognisance of any funds that are given to the football club.

Now I know it's a big word but basically money 10000hours uses to bail out the football club will be leveraged against the sale of the club. Therefore what Alan is saying is absolutely correct. If fans want the eventual outcome of all this to be fan ownership they should be putting their donations in through 10000hours. Doing anything else simply doesn't make sense in a fan ownership bid situation.

you know this as fact?

how many supporters will it need to save the club from folding? how much per month? is it for one season? what are the alternatives?

if the club folds what happens to the assets?

only asking as you have came out with a definitive statement so i assume you will have some knowledge of the above.

You're aw mixed up, it was a scenario. Nothing definitive about a scenario.

I have a few spare quid, can I just donate money into some pot that goes to the Club ? I'm not interested in the 10000hr TBH I just would like to help with the loss in gate money we will suffer.

Careful now...you end up getting banished to crappielow / porkheid with that sort of unconditional St Mirren supporter behaviour.

It would seem that 10000 Hours "members" cannot understand that some supporters can still care about the club and yet at the same time think 10000 Hours is a screaming donkey. 10000 Hours is not SMFC.

This can all be done very easily.

Its simple SG & Co..............If We (SG&Co ) Borrow money from 10000/SMISA etc we will sell 52% shareholding to you.

10000Hours was set up as a method of Fan Owenership of SMFC , not to lend the directors that we are trying to buy from money to run club (if Needed)

We are trying to raise funds to enable us to buy out shares .

OK lets make this daft......

Lets say to keep all players and staff and training ground etc the club ask 10000 hours for all the money that its got. 1000 members paying £10 a month is £10 grand a month x 12 months is £120 Grand a year and lets say the Grand Rankers are placed in bottom div, that four seasons till their in SPL or what every it will be called. And every year the club asks 10000hours for money thats £480 Grand the fans have paid the club with nothing in return thats almost a 1/3 of the asking price. Sorry without some sort of a guarantee I will cancel ( I await a reply from REA/GLS in another post) my 4 direct debits I am not paying money to falsely inflate the value of shares that we are trying to purchase

Poz......Where were they when they could have picked up a stable, healthy, on-the-up club, in a calm SPL for 1.5-2million

They all simply knew this was going to happen how long has Rankers been for sale no takers until know, how long has Dundee Utd been for sale no takers, how long have saints been for sale no takers, how long have hearts been for sale again no takers no one is buying football clubs in Scotland.

You're aw mixed up, it was a scenario. Nothing definitive about a scenario.

There's nothing definitive in any of this. Not one sponsor has withdrawn and we seem to be the only SPL club who is slowly self-imploding through rumours and scenarios.

Just now the only shortfall that is evident is the loss of a few hundred sevco fans coming through the turnstiles. How about instead of blackmailing the most vulnerable within the support the commercial director and manager go out and find alternative income streams?

Why are we the only SPL club in this mess, are we really so badly managed? We would be better giving sevco our place in the league and starting again in div 3.

It makes for weary, unfocussed, thoughtless reading, when without a defined aim and objectives the phrase "Fighting Fund" is associated with a football club.

For every 100 "fighting funds" started, I'd wager 99 fail on first contact with the enemy (problem). Take a look at RFFF, it seemeingly was destined to coin in millions on pledges, but fell painfully short. And without a clear aim or objective to what it was "Fighting" for the donated cash has been squandered on legal fees, and paying off debts unnecessarily. (scumgers could have sold a player to pay the dung off).

Now we have two set up, 10000 hours insisting that they are working with Smisa and they will in certain circumstances give their fund to them. And Smisa not saying naything about this new found romance with 10000 hours. add to that no one knows yet what battle the various fighting funds are fighting!

It's weary, confusing, predictable and knee-jerk, and that is how it will be perceived by the wider support.

Talk about a conflict of interests???

10000 hours set up a fund to illicit donations for a "Fighting Fund"

The money will be paid to SMFC

52% of the shareholders in SMFC want to sell their shareholding to 10000 hours

The BoD of SMFC is made up of the 52% selling consortium... and 10000 hours

How much more feckin money is it going to take to get the sellers to part with their shareholding???

How's about we sit tight on the DD's for cic membership, and if said selling consortium can't hack what the very near future brings, instead of supplying them with and extra revenue stream to hang around with an inflated asking price, we do a Chrlie Green and pick it all up for a nominal value when it's in administration???

Or we could launch at least half a dozen other fighting funds and piss that money up against the wall too?

Are you accusing 10000 Hours of money laundering? A bit extreme even for you. biggrin.png

I have a few spare quid, can I just donate money into some pot that goes to the Club ? I'm not interested in the 10000hr TBH I just would like to help with the loss in gate money we will suffer.

That's the spirit

This is my third summer without a foreign holiday but I will still try and donate some money to one of the fighting funds as I wouldn't want to deprive some poor footballer his free expenses paid trip abroad pre-season.

Will a statement from 10000hours be forthcoming? Given today's statement in the PDE surely 10000hours cannot endorse the club's position. Surely it goes against EVERYTHING that 10000hours stand for?

Like I said the other day, donating money to the club blindly, with no reassurances CANNOT be the best way to help the club. Can it?

REA/GLS, please address this subject. It could make or break 10000hours reputation.

Will a statement from 10000hours be forthcoming? Given today's statement in the PDE surely 10000hours cannot endorse the club's position. Surely it goes against EVERYTHING that 10000hours stand for?

Like I said the other day, donating money to the club blindly, with no reassurances CANNOT be the best way to help the club. Can it?

REA/GLS, please address this subject. It could make or break 10000hours reputation.

Wasting your breath civilsaint...10000 Hours have failed to condemn scumgers - they'll just hide behind the usual "its your organisation, you decide" bollox. Meanwhile they sit on the BoD with SG and agree to spread the scaremongering on armageddon on the clubs behalf.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest somner9

See the totaliser on the Matt Bianco page of 10000 hours has reached the staggering sum of...... £1760!

Will that cover Parkin's Pie costs for the season?

See the totaliser on the Matt Bianco page of 10000 hours has reached the staggering sum of...... £1760!

Will that cover Parkin's Pie costs for the season?

That's not a bad total considering the lack of trust for the selling consortium / 10000 hrs at the moment. It looks like they've abandoned B&WArmy as well as the fishal site now.

Guest somner9

That's not a bad total considering the lack of trust for the selling consortium / 10000 hrs at the moment. It looks like they've abandoned B&WArmy as well as the fishal site now.

Do 10000 hours do walking away?

do bears shit in the wids?

Do 10000 hours do walking away?

do bears shit in the wids?

I don't think they'll go quietly...I'd rather see a graceful...time not right, revisit it in the future, all good friends...type exit strategy. Cannae see it going that way though.

Guest somner9

I don't think they'll go quietly...I'd rather see a graceful...time not right, revisit it in the future, all good friends...type exit strategy. Cannae see it going that way though.

Possibly? aye. but how will they reconcile The Big Issue seller pulling his 500k out? (given that theres no way they could show a credible business plan for SMFC post the scumgers saga)