Never Mind The Boll#cks, Let's Have A Fan Led Approach?

Guest somner9

I'm just waiting for the imminent flood of volunteers who have the intelligence and know how how to set this all up,whilst at the same time giving up most of their personal lives.

10000 Hours has been written on the back of a fag packet. Me and Somner9 will sort it out over a beer after the 't*n game.

Basically, tell SG and the selling consortium that we can get the fans to part with £1.3M over 10 years and we'd like a place on the BoD for three years to see how the club runs. Easy peasy.

Guest somner9

10000 Hours has been written on the back of a fag packet. Me and Somner9 will sort it out over a beer after the 't*n game.

Basically, tell SG and the selling consortium that we can get the fans to part with £1.3M over 10 years and we'd like a place on the BoD for three years to see how the club runs. Easy peasy.

WTF £1.3m?

If the armageddon predicted is true and Tv revenue gets a 80% (£15m to £3m) haircut, then i'd expect the asking price for a club in said league to reflect that massive drop in revenue available. so shall we start the bid at 260K?

A real world in which say a few years ago if someone had told you SMFC was on the cusp of being majority owned by its fans, would you have believed that?

Start at home, work with your people, every little change builds to bigger changes. Is there a valid reason not to do it?

I would think anyone holding shares in St.Mirren at present, whether within the 52% block, or the remaining 48%, will consider themselves as fans.

We should be looking to dramatically expand community involvement at every level, from youth football to day centres for the not so young, to toddler groups, parenting classes, home economics for young parents, courses and support on living on a budget, cookery courses, how to cook healthy and cheaply, back to work courses, setting up or own companies using the expertise of local people, businesses and the widening support of our club.

I can imagine a st mirren park on a weekday where most of this can be going on at the same time! toddlers mixing with pensioners, young unemployed/disadvantaged people mixing with retired/unemployed tradespeople. in short being all inclusive to every group/person in our community, not just the easy targets

Please correct me if I am wrong but are you not the guy that rejected a meeting with 10000hrs a month or two ago? Why would you not have taken them up on the offer and take these ideas to them? Surely that is the whole point in fan ownership?

If it wasn't you I apologise for asking.

Guest somner9

Please correct me if I am wrong but are you not the guy that rejected a meeting with 10000hrs a month or two ago? Why would you not have taken them up on the offer and take these ideas to them? Surely that is the whole point in fan ownership?

If it wasn't you I apologise for asking.

Didn't and don't support their methods (BoD already selected, no real power to the people putting up the money), multiple changes and as yet inability to land one project. but did complete a DD to be able to hold them to account if/when necessary.

They need to be brought to heel if thye are serious and work as a true fan led bid, not a chance for a few to get money back on what would be worthless shares.

Didn't and don't support their methods (BoD already selected, no real power to the people putting up the money), multiple changes and as yet inability to land one project. but did complete a DD to be able to hold them to account if/when necessary.

They need to be brought to heel if thye are serious and work as a true fan led bid, not a chance for a few to get money back on what would be worthless shares.

And they get brought to heel by you being an anonymous poster on a fans forum?

WTF £1.3m?

If the armageddon predicted is true and Tv revenue gets a 80% (£15m to £3m) haircut, then i'd expect the asking price for a club in said league to reflect that massive drop in revenue available. so shall we start the bid at 260K?

£1.3m-ish.....£11,000 per month x 12months x 10 years......I'm not talking about the offer - I'm talking about fans investment.....

..the interim BoD's investment / input - 1 x £25K 1877 club membership. SMiSA would have been investing more with their £50K.

Still all the usual negatives from the nay-sayers, some good opinions from others.

But not one good reason not too!

There aren't any reasons not to.

It just needs to get up and running... So, go for it. I'm right behind you.

£1.3m-ish.....£11,000 per month x 12months x 10 years......I'm not talking about the offer - I'm talking about fans investment.....

..the interim BoD's investment / input - 1 x £25K 1877 club membership. SMiSA would have been investing more with their £50K.

:lol:

Well fudged.

laugh.png

Well fudged.

What's fudged?

The fans investment is actually higher than that at £11,500 per month. 10000 Hours have been openly talking about ten years before any of the fans subs start making their way to SMFC rather than paying off debt / shareholders.

10000 Hours claimed they had £750K of grant money in place - they failed to deliver it.

10000 Hours claimed they would get at least £225K from their corporate network. They got £25K according to their own statement on here.

So other than scaremongering fans into ramping up the monthly direct debits they haven't actually brought anything to the table other than a £500K loan that fans are going to pay off.....plus an additional burden on fans unecessarily paying for additional shares.

It's a crap deal for the fans and the club. The selling consortium will be chuffed, as will the interim BoD and the shareholders that will be getting a payment from fans for relatively worthless shares.

Guest somner9

Sevco to div 3 it is then thumbup2.gifbye1.gif

lets see what shenanigans unfold to try and stick them into the Spl

Edit: Green & McCoist accept div 3, let's see what Doncaster & Regan try to pull now

Edited by somner9

aye let the dust settle and see how we are placed, no point in putting up extra funds until we know what's needed, as you say they might just be used like rfff and dissappear, and if we do need to put up cash ( and we are happy that it's not going into a black hole) to help then it has to be as a downpayment on the 52% buyout, All that said the amount offered by 10000hrs is still on the table and there is nothing to stop it being accepted immediately after the dust has settled (amounts of sponsorship etc,become published) so any new idea on fan ownership will have to be talked through and set up pdq if you ask me,the BOD just need to say yes to the amount offered and the deal will be done with 10000hrs

Edited by buddiecat

So thats us in administration in a few months according to Div , just aswell i never got a season ticket bye bye st.mırren if Div and Stewart Gilmour are to be believed

By Christ you are just a little ray of sunshine aren,t you. Sure your not the Rev. I.M. Jolly re-incarnated.

Guest somner9

THIS

Can't quite get why everyone is so surprised? SG alluded to a deal for newco all along, and lets face it that was the only way he and the consortium were lilkely to get anything near £1.5m for their 52% shareholding.

10000 hours who obvioulsy by dint of NOT making any statement other than setting up the feckin "Matt Bianco" (lets bail the BoD out fund) are as one with SG on this.

10000 hours... Real fan ownership???? don't make me f**kin laughbangin.gif Why do you think they top loaded their interim board now? Do you think they would have trusted FANS to make a decision on this had the deal already concluded?

I've been consistent, and a few others too along the way. We need our own to run our club, and very soon we will have to test the commitment of the 1000 or so good buddies who have been willing to commit to the club. An 80% reduction in TV/sponsorship should see an 80% reduction in the value of shares up for sale.

If we could start to bank (probably outside 10000 hours unless they ditch the worthless shareholding hitchhiker) the £11k per month and align with Smisa we'd be in a position within months to make a bid that would see a selling price around £300k (20% of current price).

Anyone think that's what we should push for?

If not I dare say the debacle that is due on monday will swing it for any waverers.

THIS

Can't quite get why everyone is so surprised? SG alluded to a deal for newco all along, and lets face it that was the only way he and the consortium were lilkely to get anything near £1.5m for their 52% shareholding.

10000 hours who obvioulsy by dint of NOT making any statement other than setting up the feckin "Matt Bianco" (lets bail the BoD out fund) are as one with SG on this.

10000 hours... Real fan ownership???? don't make me f**kin laughbangin.gif Why do you think they top loaded their interim board now? Do you think they would have trusted FANS to make a decision on this had the deal already concluded?

I've been consistent, and a few others too along the way. We need our own to run our club, and very soon we will have to test the commitment of the 1000 or so good buddies who have been willing to commit to the club. An 80% reduction in TV/sponsorship should see an 80% reduction in the value of shares up for sale.

If we could start to bank (probably outside 10000 hours unless they ditch the worthless shareholding hitchhiker) the £11k per month and align with Smisa we'd be in a position within months to make a bid that would see a selling price around £300k (20% of current price).

Anyone think that's what we should push for?

If not I dare say the debacle that is due on monday will swing it for any waverers.

I will back you on this Somner . SG did indeed say that if newco went to div 3 then we might see a rethink on the "allow them into the SPL" vote from a few clubs, that may or may not happen,

I like the idea of aligning with SMISA but will they be up for it, they have already mentioned that none of them wish to be on any BOD,so i don't see them wanting to set up a new offer.

Have you any plans on how to approach this.

People who have already pledged to 10000hrs may take a bit of persuading to jump ship and join in.

Anybody else up for it ?

I will back you on this Somner . SG did indeed say that if newco went to div 3 then we might see a rethink on the "allow them into the SPL" vote from a few clubs, that may or may not happen,

I like the idea of aligning with SMISA but will they be up for it, they have already mentioned that none of them wish to be on any BOD,so i don't see them wanting to set up a new offer.

People who have already pledged to 10000hrs may take a bit of persuading to jump ship and join in.

Anybody else up for it ?

I will consider anything my friend as the situation with Gilmour in charge is not one that can take the club forward in the difficult times ahead.

Anybody else up for it ?

We need something Bud....I'll explore any option that pulls the club together again and gives us some stability.

I will consider anything my friend as the situation with Gilmour in charge is not one that can take the club forward in the difficult times ahead.

good stuff, as like you i can't see any way the current situation is going to be anything but bad for the club, monday is a big decisison day, SG and the consortium want to sell their share and i fully understand them wishing to do so.

The current value of the shares does not really count in the decision of the consortium to put their own price on the sale of 52% of them as it is the price they want to sell at that matters, this is why i am concerned at the prospect of another bidder turning up with a higher offer than 10000hrs have made. Monday Bloody Monday