Never Mind The Boll#cks, Let's Have A Fan Led Approach?

Guest somner9

We need something Bud....I'll explore any option that pulls the club together again and gives us some stability.

good stuff sid, explore away, do we have to find out what we can do about setting up a company - i haven't a clue how this can be done or if it needs to be done. thinking caps on chaps, let's see what we can do.

You've got a ready made vehicle in place with a commitment from 1000 fans to pay £11,000 per week. I don't see why there is a pressing need to re-invent the wheel. Wouldn't it be much easier just to seek talks with REA and put your points to him whilst seeking election onto the board? Setting up another company, getting legal advice, running a campaign to get fans to cancel their existing direct debits to switch to a new set of direct debits with another group that needs to set up yet another constitution. register with the relevant bodies etc just seems utterly futile and it adds a fourth group into an already divided support.

On top of that I haven't seen anything in amongst Somner9's posts that would lead me to believe that this anonymous forum user who refuses to meet with the directors of the club would have any ability on honour that we could trust him with. He doesn't even have a figurehead like a Tony Fitzpatrick, Ricky Gillies or a Stephen McGarry on board. :rolleyes:

Whit you on about Stud ? The 3 Amigo's - A balanced View, Unlike 10,000 Whores ? whistling.gif

I can see the scene now. Somner sitting on an upturned bar stool with his fingers in his ears desperately trying to ignore me. Stalinist Sid troughing his way through a huge pile of sausage rolls whilst blaming someone else for eating them. And me looking at the two of them and thinking back to the glory days of bigger and better times on a committee with a juvenile football club where a curry was the standard fayre for a club meeting. :rolleyes: It'll never happen. For a start Somner won't get beyond posting on the forum and Sid will have changed his mind by next week.....

Guest somner9

I will back you on this Somner . SG did indeed say that if newco went to div 3 then we might see a rethink on the "allow them into the SPL" vote from a few clubs, that may or may not happen,

I like the idea of aligning with SMISA but will they be up for it, they have already mentioned that none of them wish to be on any BOD,so i don't see them wanting to set up a new offer.

Have you any plans on how to approach this.

People who have already pledged to 10000hrs may take a bit of persuading to jump ship and join in.

Anybody else up for it ?

I know Smisa have said they as a body would not seek a BoD position, but as respected, trusted and being an organisation with a track record of stability within the support they would be the best vehicle to A - move forward quickly, B - to have the credibility with the support.

They could help the support make it happen, and facilitate setting up our co-op/cic where we have open elections before crucial policy votes are pre-determined. then either individual members of Smisa could stand for election, or not?

Gls, Fitzy and Rea could stand for election or not, but the crucial element here is that of starting afresh, distancing this approach to the 10000 hours previous attempts and failures. In fact it would be an excellent examination of their character and commitment if the 10000 hours crew did put themselves up for an open election!

first we need to see what transpires tomorrow re: Reagan/doncaster attempts to get newco into the Spl (I think they;ll try to get them back in spl 1) then we can start to guage support for getting a fresh start that involves all who wished to be involved, but distances us from the previous approach and comments.

If 10000 hours want to weigh in they can, they'll be welcome, but it will be Fan led, not Pal led.

You've got a ready made vehicle in place with a commitment from 1000 fans to pay £11,000 per week.

The fans paying £11,000 per week should be the start point. However, 10000 Hours might have been a potential vehicle 3 years ago - now it is a car crash....in fact it was a car crash after the £750K grant money disappeared along with 4 or 5 other social investors......then we got a cut and shut job, which duly became another car crash. 10000 Hours need buried along with its key players.

The fans paying £11,000 per week should be the start point. However, 10000 Hours might have been a potential vehicle 3 years ago - now it is a car crash....in fact it was a car crash after the £750K grant money disappeared along with 4 or 5 other social investors......then we got a cut and shut job, which duly became another car crash. 10000 Hours need buried along with its key players.

It's got four wheels and an engine Sid. If there is no need for BII finance, and the 77 club failed to take off then surely the conditions that see REA and GLS put on the board for an extended period no longer exist, and the deal that sees GLS walk away with £13+ per share should be binned immediately. There's no need for social funding, just be ready to take ownership of the club when it goes into administration. The Individual Members would have all the power since their money would be essential so when a constitution is done for real it can be heavily weighted the way the fans want it.

It seems really stupid to me to rip up the Direct Debit Mandates and the work done so far only to try and start again using Somner, or yours or some other bonkers lunatics plan when so much work has been done on this model.

I guess the risk of this plan of waiting until we hit administration is that there is no guarantee that the administrators would sell to us.

Also, the 1000 signed up members of 10000hrs pledging £11500/month have signed up to 10000hrs. There is no guarantee that all of them will happily jump ship to the next fan-led bid.

I guess the risk of this plan of waiting until we hit administration is that there is no guarantee that the administrators would sell to us.

Also, the 1000 signed up members of 10000hrs pledging £11500/month have signed up to 10000hrs. There is no guarantee that all of them will happily jump ship to the next fan-led bid.

It's fantasy dreamt up bandwagoned by Sid as a poor attempt to derail a process (that is now very unlikely to fail) due to to his own offence at not being arse-licked by those heading it up. This is what happens when someone gets an inflated sense of their own ego...

It's fantasy dreamt up bandwagoned by Sid as a poor attempt to derail a process (that is now very unlikely to fail) due to to his own offence at not being arse-licked by those heading it up. This is what happens when someone gets an inflated sense of their own ego...

Naughty ktf......don't forget REA told us all not to think let alone talk about process...that just gets us confused and concerned. There is no fall out between me and REA or any of the other chaps. I just think their plan has failed and it is time for them to leave our club and try their luck elsewhere. It is not the first time that REA has failed to get a CIC off the ground. From memory in his own story of how he got to SMFC he spoke of a failed project over in East Kilbride. It is an idea....when it was properly funded and looked like genuine community ownership it was a great idea. However, slowly but surely the project has proven to be weaker and weaker and with it the community ownership has got weaker and weaker. You appear to be trying to appeal to some personal loyalty to a group that I believe rightly or wrongly may damage my club. I'm a St Mirren supporter not a 10000 Hrs supporter.

I remember the anti-CIC brigade going on about my ego...there isn't one. You have spent about 2 minutes in my company when we were dishing out leaflets. It would be an odd ego that enjoys ripping the pish out of itself on the Internet. These sort of personal attacks were made by the anti-CIC brigade when I was supportive of the CIC so you should already have an indication of how effective they are.

10000 Hours will fail because they got it wrong in the first phase. Since then it has been fairly desperate attempts to keep it alive. In the end it is nothing more than fans signing up to direct debits under pressure from a selling consortium backing threats made by 10000 Hrs that they will sell to anyone. It will fail because the current proposal bares no resemblence to the original proposal. It will fail because for whatever reason 10000 Hrs have failed to come out with a simple statement condemning the behaviour of RFC, the SPL and the SFA. It will fail because it hasn't realised the corporate and commercial support that we were told was already in place.

They should walk away from the club now and let the St Mirren community get on with the job of supporting the club through the financial crisis - if we ever get told any bloody detail. There should be recriminations about who did what, who said what or any of the bollox we seen blaming the SNP. Just a simple thank you to the support for its backing and an honest admission that THEY couldn't make it work. They can blame scumgers if they want - perfectly acceptable.