Unnamed American

mikesmfc

GLS has business connections in the USA...mibbae he's been playing two hands all along.

Quite a bizarre low key press release about a bid for an SPL club from the United States. Can't see anything about it online in the Daily Mail, just the BBC rumour. win-win situation....if its true we should bite their hand off as it can't be any worse than the 10000 hrs nonsense. If it's more made up scaremongering from 10000 hrs and the selling consortium they'll get found out again and that will be the end of it.

Guest somner9

Aye aw the paisley lassie's are handy wie a 'Yank', they'll make them welcome. Could be best scenario for all concerned given the 10000 hours car crash, and the BoD's wish to hang up their SRTB extra pocketed jackets.

GLS has business connections in the USA...mibbae he's been playing two hands all along.

Quite a bizarre low key press release about a bid for an SPL club from the United States. Can't see anything about it online in the Daily Mail, just the BBC rumour. win-win situation....if its true we should bite their hand off as it can't be any worse than the 10000 hrs nonsense. If it's more made up scaremongering from 10000 hrs and the selling consortium they'll get found out again and that will be the end of it.

Why would 10000 hours make up a rival bid? I can see the logic in the selling consortium making one up, but why would an organisation trying to buy the club make up a rival?

I think it's far more likely to have been made up by a lazy Daily Mail "journalist".

Guest somner9

Why would 10000 hours make up a rival bid? I can see the logic in the selling consortium making one up, but why would an organisation trying to buy the club make up a rival?

I think it's far more likely to have been made up by a lazy Daily Mail "journalist".

Think you'll find its the real deal Mr German beer brand, too late in the day for red herrings, i mean the press are as pissed off with this 'non-takeover' as we all are.

EDIT: Oh, oh, just seen the american guy buying some twinkies in the Linwood WALMART! clap.gif

Edited by somner9

2becks, the sales pitch at the last public meeting was based entirely on scaremongering about an alternative buyer. It is how they started the meeting - a long diatribe about how the takeover of the club would have been easy for them if a Craig Whyte / Reg Brealey character was trying to get control of the club. They carried that speculation right through the meeting stating specifically that there were two foreign bids accompanied by a story about how one was based on bringing in east european players to try and sell them on. They chose to skim over their own financials and focus on scaremongering about "other bidders" and SG stating that he will sell the club to someone no matter what. SG was in the PDE a couple of days later stating that he would still only sell the club to someone with St Mirren's best interests at heart.

Here we go again, 1% of the info that's been demanded from 10000 Hours and yet all the "Johnalists" are all over this as the preferred option.

If the deal is legit and the board feel it's best for the club then all fair and well.

Indeed.

It's quite amusing to see some individuals positively creaming themselves over a deal that they have no details whatsoever about.1eye.gif

Considering one individual has spent two months knickerwetting and scaremongering over the lack of detail from 10000 hours..............

Here we go again, 1% of the info that's been demanded from 10000 Hours and yet all the "Johnalists" are all over this as the preferred option.

If the deal is legit and the board feel it's best for the club then all fair and well.

More nonsense from the downtrodden CIC cheerleaders. Like I say it will be a win-win......if the bid is real it will block the 10000 hrs bid as it doesn't have £1.5Million to offer. If it is more made up bollox then 10000 hrs and the selling consortium will be found out and that should kill off their scaremongering and their bid once and for all.

Nowhere in that post does it say anything about it being a preferred option. One day you bawbags will actually read a post rather than just pishing your knickers about it.

Indeed.

It's quite amusing to see some individuals positively creaming themselves over a deal that they have no details whatsoever about.1eye.gif

Considering one individual has spent two months knickerwetting and scaremongering over the lack of detail from 10000 hours..............

Is this the CIC-knickerwetting equivalent of group hysteria? No one has posted any support for the American bid. lol.gif

More nonsense from the downtrodden CIC cheerleaders. Like I say it will be a win-win......if the bid is real it will block the 10000 hrs bid as it doesn't have £1.5Million to offer. If it is more made up bollox then 10000 hrs and the selling consortium will be found out and that should kill off their scaremongering and their bid once and for all.

Nowhere in that post does it say anything about it being a preferred option. One day you bawbags will actually read a post rather than just pishing your knickers about it.

Your win-win scenario doesn't cover the most likely scenario, this story was made up by a London or Manchester based "journalist" who has never seen Scottish football at all. When did the Daily Mail last break and exclusive on Scottish football?

Guest somner9

I signed up to 10000 hours when it seemed that they would eventually clinch a deal following gls comimng on board etc...

However they managed (during an exceptional circumstance) to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for a third time. So whilst my DD is not yet cancelled, I want to know about and get as much detail as can be gleaned about ANYONE! willingly pumping £1.5million into SMFC in the current armaggedon-lite environment.

I have a sneaking suspicion even the cic flag wavers want to know all about it too, despite there releuctance to admit it.

Buddies.... we need to move on, DL, TC and all the staff at the club need to move on too. Lets hear what the yanks have to offer.