Unnamed American

mikesmfc

I'd be interested in any bid that secures the future of the club, so I'll watch this one with interest and if it appears to be the best or St Mirren, it will get my full backing. I still believe that fan ownership is the way forward and that 10000 Hours offers the most chance of this. However, if this deal succeeds, I'll get behind it 100%.

It is funny to see some folks on here, despite denying it, quite clearly creaming themselves at the possibility of someone other than 10000 Hours buying the 52%. Personally, I hope this deal doesn't go through, purely because Sid will doubtless claim that it was his doing that scuppered 10000 Hrs.

The thing we need to remember is that R*ngers couldn't get a buyer for months, despite being a much bigger club and global brand. Then when they did, it was Whyte then Green - both of whom borrowed on the assets of the club as security. My feeling is that it is best to remain calm and suspicious of anyone trying to buy the club until we have some info. Sid may not feel like he needs any but I support St Mirren and so would rather have an idea of who and how is buying the club.

A one-liner in the BBC rumour mill and that is 10000hrs f**ked? The irony!

I have happily backed 10000hrs because I thought they were the best option we had. And until we get even a single shred of actual evidence of this new bid even being made then I am still backing 10000hrs. If the new bidder comes in with the cash and doesn't appear to be a dickhead then so be it. I will gladly let him pump his cash in instead of mine.

will 10000 hours take the news of their demise with dignity and integrity intact?

Or will they sight the underhand methods used by the US big shots in securing the deal as the reason they lost out?

ReA explains in an exclusive interview 'The yanks really caught us on the blind-side! going in and making an offer they could deliver, just like that, tchhh who knew?'

I'm sure in such a scenario that REA would indeed find it difficult to match the dignity you've demonstrated throughout the proceedings.

I'd be interested in any bid that secures the future of the club, so I'll watch this one with interest and if it appears to be the best or St Mirren, it will get my full backing. I still believe that fan ownership is the way forward and that 10000 Hours offers the most chance of this. However, if this deal succeeds, I'll get behind it 100%.

It is funny to see some folks on here, despite denying it, quite clearly creaming themselves at the possibility of someone other than 10000 Hours buying the 52%. Personally, I hope this deal doesn't go through, purely because Sid will doubtless claim that it was his doing that scuppered 10000 Hrs.

The thing we need to remember is that R*ngers couldn't get a buyer for months, despite being a much bigger club and global brand. Then when they did, it was Whyte then Green - both of whom borrowed on the assets of the club as security. My feeling is that it is best to remain calm and suspicious of anyone trying to buy the club until we have some info. Sid may not feel like he needs any but I support St Mirren and so would rather have an idea of who and how is buying the club.

Judging by the level of panic and petted lip in ktf's post there might just be something in the unnamed american rumour or is this just another ploy by the 10000 hrs online marketing team to try and give credability to another shite scaremongering rumour......its all WIN-WIN. thumbup2.gif

Guest somner9

Lets be clear, I have signed up to a 10000 hours DD mandate. However within a couple of weeks of that they yet again failed to land a deal, or even be in a postion by their own admission of offering the selling consortium anything near what they wanted.

10000 hours have had three years to make an acceptable offer to the selling consortium. they have failed, and it beholds every true st mirren fan to think for themselves why that might be?

Was it Sid, animal, yul or me continually asking for them to release the detail of their financing and projections (after all they wanted to do it with my/our cash)?

Or was it their inability to convince a string of funders, financial institutions, community groups, local businesses and FANS they could deliver?

You don't need to take the piss out of 10000 hours, they give it away!

Let's hope this 'ex-pat' isn't a Rangers/Sevco supporterph34r.png

Seriously, though, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Possibly a tad conspiracy theorist, I appreciate, but hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

What with Chico Green continuing to struggle to secure SFA registration for sevco, and it looking increasingly likely that they might not be in a position to start their season at the weekend, who is to say that the option of an associate coming in to buy an SPL club isn't a handy wee solution?

Just saying, like....

I won't be doing cartwheels over this one until I hear a good bit more about what, if anything, is on the table.

Seriously, though, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Possibly a tad conspiracy theorist, I appreciate, but hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

What with Chico Green continuing to struggle to secure SFA registration for sevco, and it looking increasingly likely that they might not be in a position to start their season at the weekend, who is to say that the option of an associate coming in to buy an SPL club isn't a handy wee solution?

Just saying, like....

I won't be doing cartwheels over this one until I hear a good bit more about what, if anything, is on the table.

Surely an ex-Pat is more likely to be a sellic fan? Or maybe it's Pam St Clements, didn't she used to be Pat in Eastenders? Mabye she's moved to America.

According to the Daily mail its £500.000 a year for next three years.

That's worrying...yet another under funded bid. This is why fans should be putting their £10-a-month into a supporters trust for rainy days rather than using it to shore up an underfunded bid.

Just saying, like....

I'm more concerned about 10000 hrs attempts to save the newco. I half thought that once they'd failed to do that they would quickly disappear.....I dread to think what their plan B to save the newco might be.

Judging by the level of panic and petted lip in ktf's post there might just be something in the unnamed american rumour or is this just another ploy by the 10000 hrs online marketing team to try and give credability to another shite scaremongering rumour......its all WIN-WIN. thumbup2.gif

I'm obviously not getting my marketing team memos, I feel detached and without direction! Oh no, wait, there isn't a marketing team and John's just being a numpty...phew!

I'm obviously not getting my marketing team memos, I feel detached and without direction! Oh no, wait, there isn't a marketing team and John's just being a numpty...phew!

There's an online marketing team and you know it TsuMirren. bangin.gif

Surely the unnamed american...must be the man with no name.....Clint Eastwood.

I'm mega suspicious of all bids that come in. Why would you wish to own a SPL football club like us? What the plans are when you're bored like our current lot after 10 years or so.

I'm still of the view that I'd prefer the fans to own the football club, but not adverse to somebody coming in but they need to give fans the details on plans for next few years etc.

The fan ownership model of 10000 hrs turned out to be a bit of an unholy and imbalanced alliance. If you get a supporters trust model arrangement with either the existing BoD or with the new owners that would a better model. Clubs need leadership and that has been lacking of late. Fans should be involved at some level, but the 10000 hrs was never going to deliver against the hype they created.

Evening Times tonight .....

AN unnamed American businessman is believed to have launched a surprise £1.5million bid for St Mirren.

The Paisley club had been expected to pass into the control of community group, 10,000 Hours, who had hoped to agree a deal which would take the club into fan ownership.

However the financial crisis triggered by Rangers' meltdown has hindered that.

Saints chairman Stewart Gilmour and his five-man board has been keen to agree a sale of their shares, but are currently waiting to see the outcome of negotiations with Sky and the TV revenue deal.

The mystery bidder from the States – who is insisting on a confidentiality clause – has placed a deal offering the £1.5m the directors want for the shares on the table. It is believed his bid is over the course of three years rather than one lump sum.

That could be a more attractive proposition rather than the deal from 10,000 Hours, which could be potentially lower if Sky scale down their coverage of Scottish football.

Meanwhile, manager Danny Lennon is desperate to get back to simply talking about football matters.

The Paisley side retained the Renfrewshire Cup with a 1-0 win over Morton and then drew 0-0 with Dumbarton last night. They kick off the new SPL campaign at home to Inverness next Saturday and Lennon is glad the focus is returning to on-field matters.

"It has been pleasing for the last week or so to be able to talk about football," he said. "All the inter- views I have done have been about the most important thing to us, and that is playing football and winning matches.

"We are very close as a club and we know what the financial situation is, and we will adapt to that when that comes. We have got our heads down and we are totally concentrated on football matters because that is the only thing myself, my staff and my players can control."

And Lennon is hopeful this season will see a few more of the youngsters at the club make their way into the first team as he looks to both the short and long-term future.

"The kids did very well to win the Kilbirnie Tournament and we are now looking for just the right opportunities to mix them in with the more experienced players.

"I am excited with their development – David Longwell and Fraser Robertson work very hard with those players. It means a lot to St Mirren to bring them through. We have to see how far away our youngsters are from being able to play in the first team.

"You are always hoping one or two can break through very quickly, like Thomas Reilly is doing at the moment."

The mystery bidder from the States – who is insisting on a confidentiality clause – has placed a deal offering the £1.5m the directors want for the shares on the table. It is believed his bid is over the course of three years rather than one lump sum.

Oh well, I'm sure everyone who derided 10000 hours for their "lack" of openess will be rubbishing this bid.

Evening Times tonight .....

AN unnamed American businessman is believed to have launched a surprise £1.5million bid for St Mirren.

The Paisley club had been expected to pass into the control of community group, 10,000 Hours, who had hoped to agree a deal which would take the club into fan ownership.

However the financial crisis triggered by Rangers' meltdown has hindered that.

Saints chairman Stewart Gilmour and his five-man board has been keen to agree a sale of their shares, but are currently waiting to see the outcome of negotiations with Sky and the TV revenue deal.

That could be a more attractive proposition rather than the deal from 10,000 Hours, which could be potentially lower if Sky scale down their coverage of Scottish football.

Meanwhile, manager Danny Lennon is desperate to get back to simply talking about football matters.

The Paisley side retained the Renfrewshire Cup with a 1-0 win over Morton and then drew 0-0 with Dumbarton last night. They kick off the new SPL campaign at home to Inverness next Saturday and Lennon is glad the focus is returning to on-field matters.

"It has been pleasing for the last week or so to be able to talk about football," he said. "All the inter- views I have done have been about the most important thing to us, and that is playing football and winning matches.

"We are very close as a club and we know what the financial situation is, and we will adapt to that when that comes. We have got our heads down and we are totally concentrated on football matters because that is the only thing myself, my staff and my players can control."

And Lennon is hopeful this season will see a few more of the youngsters at the club make their way into the first team as he looks to both the short and long-term future.

"The kids did very well to win the Kilbirnie Tournament and we are now looking for just the right opportunities to mix them in with the more experienced players.

"I am excited with their development – David Longwell and Fraser Robertson work very hard with those players. It means a lot to St Mirren to bring them through. We have to see how far away our youngsters are from being able to play in the first team.

"You are always hoping one or two can break through very quickly, like Thomas Reilly is doing at the moment."

'Confidentiality clause'....hmm.

Never good to read this, TBH. It either sows inevitable seeds of anxiety (well, for me it certainly does), or suggests this story is simply drivel.

Of course, a third possibility combines both - someone with an agenda (either internal or external to the club) has put out an unsubstantiated/unfounded story in order to agitate.

I just wish all this could be put to bed. It has dragged on for far too long, and we really could do with looking forward to the future with the club in a stable and secure state.

Edit for typo.

Edited by Drew