Unnamed American

mikesmfc

The fan ownership model of 10000 hrs turned out to be a bit of an unholy and imbalanced alliance. If you get a supporters trust model arrangement with either the existing BoD or with the new owners that would a better model. Clubs need leadership and that has been lacking of late. Fans should be involved at some level, but the 10000 hrs was never going to deliver against the hype they created.

I think these supporters trust or fan on the board models can be just a sop under such a system. At the end of the day the guy running it who has put down the money will make the calls and I remain unconvinced on them.

If you can get a fan ownership model that works where the club is owned by the fans that would be much better. That might not be 10000hrs however.

I'm esp. unconvinced about a guy who waltzes in from America with 500k to put on the table under a confidentiality clause. Esp after the debacle with owners at the big hoose.

Guest somner9

Oh well, I'm sure everyone who derided 10000 hours for their "lack" of openess will be rubbishing this bid.

No! not at present as this guy isn't asking me to pay for said bid, then refusing to be open about the business plan.

I'm sure we'll hear more if his bid is accepted. then i want to know everything

Oh well, I'm sure everyone who derided 10000 hours for their "lack" of openess will be rubbishing this bid.

Nope but it again raises doubts about whether the story is genuine or is going to be backed up by a further appeal for more money by the selling consortium / 10000 hrs. The story is also a bit off as 10000 hrs clearly haven't got £1.5Million to bid. "That could be a more attractive proposition rather than the deal from 10,000 Hours, which could be potentially lower if Sky scale down their coverage of Scottish football." - it doesn't matter what happens with the SKY deal - 10000 hrs don't have £1.5Million to bid. It looks like the "bidder with no name" is looking at the 10000 hrs bid and offering a better deal financially for the selling consortium. You could take it that they are doing that to retain as much of their investment capital as they can to put directly into the football team / club infrastructure. In 10 years 10000 hrs might be able to do similar if they actually survived that long.

The confidentiality clause does make you suspect that it is all being made up shite again though. Mibbae its the selling consortiums way of telling 10000 hrs the gig is up. This could be our new BoD:

Soap_full_cast_1977.JPG

"These questions—and many others—will be answered in the next episode of...SOAP."

Judging by the level of panic and petted lip in ktf's post there might just be something in the unnamed american rumour or is this just another ploy by the 10000 hrs online marketing team to try and give credability to another shite scaremongering rumour......its all WIN-WIN. thumbup2.gif

Ok, I'll bite!

FFS, Sid. It's absolutely f**king impossible with you, isn't it? This is an Internet forum where people come on an share their opinions. If i had rubbished this as false or doomed to failure or whatever, I'd have got it in the neck from you for being a 10khrs fan and not a SMFC fan. Because I remain open-minded about it, I am accused of being a mouthpiece for 10khrs - you couldn't make it up.

For what it's worth, I have had no communication with REA or anyone else connected with 10khrs bid for weeks and I haven't wished any either. I take issue with the suggestion that the posts I make are not my own and that I am somehow a PR person for an organisation that I have simply pledged some money to be part of (because it's good for the club). The only other role I have ever played (apart from handing out leaflets, which you did too) was offer to be part of an initial board, as I was keen to ensure that the community element of the CiC delivered what it always promised to.

I want the best for St Mirren and will get behind whatever comes to pass that will deliver that. I, however, don't think that the future of the club is some wee game that I can comfort myself playing from behind my computer screen in the evening. I am deadly serious about how all this comes together and was (and still am) willing to give up a day a week from my work committments to allow me to focus on it, had 10khrs for through and my "application" been successful. For me this isn't a matter for fannying about on the Internet over, for the sake of my own battered ego. This is about St Mirren and the future of the club.

The reason people are beginning to turn against you, John, is that it is now clear you are at the fanny, that you think this is a funny wee game, that it pleasures you to come up with, frankly shite, points with which to batter 10khrs and those who are supportive of it. There comes a time when a person should realise that when it is only Dick Slexia/Feegie Saint/Buddiecool and Somner9 who agree with them, it's time to chuck it or get better.

Guest somner9

Ok, I'll bite!

FFS, Sid. It's absolutely f**king impossible with you, isn't it? This is an Internet forum where people come on an share their opinions. If i had rubbished this as false or doomed to failure or whatever, I'd have got it in the neck from you for being a 10khrs fan and not a SMFC fan. Because I remain open-minded about it, I am accused of being a mouthpiece for 10khrs - you couldn't make it up.

For what it's worth, I have had no communication with REA or anyone else connected with 10khrs bid for weeks and I haven't wished any either. I take issue with the suggestion that the posts I make are not my own and that I am somehow a PR person for an organisation that I have simply pledged some money to be part of (because it's good for the club). The only other role I have ever played (apart from handing out leaflets, which you did too) was offer to be part of an initial board, as I was keen to ensure that the community element of the CiC delivered what it always promised to.

I want the best for St Mirren and will get behind whatever comes to pass that will deliver that. I, however, don't think that the future of the club is some wee game that I can comfort myself playing from behind my computer screen in the evening. I am deadly serious about how all this comes together and was (and still am) willing to give up a day a week from my work committments to allow me to focus on it, had 10khrs for through and my "application" been successful. For me this isn't a matter for fannying about on the Internet over, for the sake of my own battered ego. This is about St Mirren and the future of the club.

The reason people are beginning to turn against you, John, is that it is now clear you are at the fanny, that you think this is a funny wee game, that it pleasures you to come up with, frankly shite, points with which to batter 10khrs and those who are supportive of it. There comes a time when a person should realise that when it is only Dick Slexia/Feegie Saint/Buddiecool and Somner9 who agree with them, it's time to chuck it or get better.

Whoa-oo there boy, when did i say i ageed with St Kidley???

He's as many sandwiches light on a picnic as youthumbup2.gif

EDIT: However it is amusing to note the cic flag-wavers coming out to abuse without provocation anyone who called 10000 hours on their repeated failures. Read my posts here, you don't see me abusing saints fans who supported 10000 hours, but we do see posts like yours abusing anyone who held them to account.

What does that say about you, other likeminded abusers of saints fans and the whole approach of 10000 hours?

Edited by somner9

Ok, I'll bite!

Another personal attack.....I don't come up with ANY points ktf...I comment on the information that is available to all St Mirren fans. There are no wild revelations being made up by me, nor am I offering up some fanciful silver bullet such as the nonsense about the charge on the club. I look at what we know, what has gone before and make comments based on the information available.

The issue we have has been created by the 52% shareholding being put up for sale to provide a third party with control of the club. 10000 hrs have had a good go with fans support to try and take control of the club with a plan that would see us progress the club and grow its income. They have failed to deliver that. They couldn't present that at the last public meeting and opted to scaremonger instead. That didn't work either as they couldn't land the commercial / corporate investment they required. We then had the shambles of them trying to convince fans to back the newco as Bii's investment required it. It's a burst baw ktf and in my opinion 10000 hrs should be shown the door. You may not like that; however it is a perfectly valid perspective and one that has the best interests of the club at heart.

10000 hrs was worth supporting in phase 1 and some misplaced loyalties probably left me supporting it longer than I should have. Taking a step back and looking at it with a keen eye it is quite clearly not worth backing and its continuance is having a negative impact on the club and its support. Your scandalous post is clear evidence of that. 1eye.gif

Whoa-oo there boy, when did i say i ageed with St Kidley???

He's as many sandwiches light on a picnic as youthumbup2.gif

EDIT: However it is amusing to note the cic flag-wavers coming out to abuse without provocation anyone who called 10000 hours on their repeated failures. Read my posts here, you don't see me abusing saints fans who supported 10000 hours, but we do see posts like yours abusing anyone who held them to account.

What does that say about you, other likeminded abusers of saints fans and the whole approach of 10000 hours?

When it comes to abusing Saints fans you are the doyen, after all you have on several occasions called more than a thousand of us 'whores'.

Guest somner9

When it comes to abusing Saints fans you are the doyen, after all you have on several occasions called more than a thousand of us 'whores'.

Never have and never will abuse my fellow buds, shame on you for that accusation. Perhaps you'll be gentlemanly enough to give us some evidence?

Another personal attack.....I don't come up with ANY points ktf...I comment on the information that is available to all St Mirren fans. There are no wild revelations being made up by me, nor am I offering up some fanciful silver bullet such as the nonsense about the charge on the club. I look at what we know, what has gone before and make comments based on the information available.

The issue we have has been created by the 52% shareholding being put up for sale to provide a third party with control of the club. 10000 hrs have had a good go with fans support to try and take control of the club with a plan that would see us progress the club and grow its income. They have failed to deliver that. They couldn't present that at the last public meeting and opted to scaremonger instead. That didn't work either as they couldn't land the commercial / corporate investment they required. We then had the shambles of them trying to convince fans to back the newco as Bii's investment required it. It's a burst baw ktf and in my opinion 10000 hrs should be shown the door. You may not like that; however it is a perfectly valid perspective and one that has the best interests of the club at heart.

10000 hrs was worth supporting in phase 1 and some misplaced loyalties probably left me supporting it longer than I should have. Taking a step back and looking at it with a keen eye it is quite clearly not worth backing and its continuance is having a negative impact on the club and its support. Your scandalous post is clear evidence of that. 1eye.gif

Again, Sid takes another opportunity to stick the knife into fellow fans and those concerned about the future of the club. How about promoting the club instead of stirring shit amongst supporters.

On the contrary, it is your post that scandalous.

Again, Sid takes another opportunity to stick the knife into fellow fans and those concerned about the future of the club. How about promoting the club instead of stirring shit amongst supporters.

On the contrary, it is your post that scandalous.

There's nothing scandalous in my post. You are accusing me of sticking the knife into fellow fans, and yet all the personal attacks are coming from you. 1eye.gif

Try taking a wee minute to read the posts back. bangin.gif

Guest somner9

There's nothing scandalous in my post. You are accusing me of sticking the knife into fellow fans, and yet all the personal attacks are coming from you. 1eye.gif

Try taking a wee minute to read the posts back. bangin.gif

Saints fans who still believe that 10000 hours proposal is worth pursuing (and in my book they are entitled to that view) may want to reflect on the reasons why 10000 hours has been unable to offer an acceptable bid for the club.

Is it because I or others called 10000 hours on their lack of tranparency, even though they sought my/your money to fund their bid?

Or could it be their failure to convince funders, financial institutions, community groups, fans to support them? that coupled with the stupid schoolboy abuse you get if you hold 10000 hours to account from supposed fellow saints fans! Is it that big a surprise that they may be kicked in to touch by one bidder actually offering a credible bid?

Guest somner9

but REA is fair game for any level of abuse?

Sorry you've lost me.

what i don't get is why a group of saints fans think they need to abuse other saints fans because 10000 hours are mince???

Edited by somner9

but REA is fair game for any level of abuse?

It goes with the territory DoP. Just look at the pelters that SG has taken over the years and continues to take. If you are going to put yourself at the top tier of a football club, your going to have to accept that fans are going to take a tilt at you - and very often for things that have got hee-haw to do with you.

I'm only a prospective club president and look at the abuse I am getting off ktf. Fans will be fans. We leaders of men must rise above it.

Guest somner9

It goes with the territory DoP. Just look at the pelters that SG has taken over the years and continues to take. If you are going to put yourself at the top tier of a football club, your going to have to accept that fans are going to take a tilt at you - and very often for things that have got hee-haw to do with you.

I'm only a prospective club president and look at the abuse I am getting off ktf. Fans will be fans. We leaders of men must rise above it.

Maybe 10000 hours will respond to Yankee-doodle-dandy by wheeling out K McG! happy to scatter his shares to all and sundry up at the crossclap.gif

Saints fans who still believe that 10000 hours proposal is worth pursuing (and in my book they are entitled to that view) may want to reflect on the reasons why 10000 hours has been unable to offer an acceptable bid for the club.

Is it because I or others called 10000 hours on their lack of tranparency, even though they sought my/your money to fund their bid?

Or could it be their failure to convince funders, financial institutions, community groups, fans to support them? that coupled with the stupid schoolboy abuse you get if you hold 10000 hours to account from supposed fellow saints fans! Is it that big a surprise that they may be kicked in to touch by one bidder actually offering a credible bid?

This is the level of bile we are going to see somner9....and this is on the back of just a one liner on the BBC gossip section, which nobody other than the 10000 hrs online marketing team appear to be taking seriously.

It's a dodgy relaunch of the 10000 hrs bid:

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2012/07/25/atkinson-hopes-to-relaunch-takeover-bid-87085-31467020/

SAINTS director Richard Atkinson plans to relaunch his fan-backed takeover bid for the Paisley club by the end of this week, Express Sports can reveal.

Atkinson, had hoped to shake hands on a £1.5million deal with St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour and his selling consortium three weeks ago.

However, the Rangers newco fiasco forced both parties to put talks on hold while they anxiously waited to find out whether SPL backers, such as broadcasters Sky and ESPN, would continue to pump cash into the top flight.

Now there are signs that the financial position of the Scottish game is stabilising.

And Atkinson claims developments with the TV broadcasters could finally allow his 10000Hours community interest company to complete their deal and then hand control of Saints to its supporters.

He said: “The events of the last week have clarified a lot in terms of the coming season.

“However, we are still unaware of the position of all the SPL sponsors.

“We would hope that, by the end of this week, we will have clarification on the amount of money the club will receive this season and, as a result of having a clear financial picture, we will be able to re-enter negotiations with the selling consortium.”

Gilmour has already gone on record to claim that, if Sky and ESPN axe their SPL coverage, Saints would be left staring at a £1.1million hole in their budget.

Atkinson reacted by setting up the Nero Blanco fighting fund, in a bid to raise cash to help steer St Mirren through the financial storm.

It pulled in £1,760 within the first fortnight following its formation.

Meanwhile, Express Sports understands a mystery bidder from the US is stepping up attempts to snatch control of Saints.

We understand the ex-pat Scot, now based in the States, has pieced together £1.5m and could swoop if 10000Hours fail to complete their own deal.

Last night, however, Gilmour was staying tight-lipped, saying only: “We are still in talks with a number of parties but nothing can be resolved until the future finances of the SPL becomes clear.”

Never have and never will abuse my fellow buds, shame on you for that accusation. Perhaps you'll be gentlemanly enough to give us some evidence?

Life is too short to trawl back through your posts. but you know as well as I do that you have, on more that one occasion referred to the CIC as "10000whores".