Unnamed American

mikesmfc

Just read the thread. My first thought was "Daily mail pish as per usual"......Then Davidg comes on and adds some meat to the bones....so maybe not pish after all. I think this bid is real and the disclosure of a £500,000 per year over 3 yrs lends weight to the deal being genuine. Why bother with that stat if it's just pie in the sky?. Unfortunatley the old chessnut of confidentuality has raised it's head so we will know fcuk all about it until / If the deal is done. So no point in debating the merits against any other. It would be a surprise if 10000hrs have the money to make another bid but I will wait and see.

If we get player drafts, a cross-league kit deal with Adidas, an equal split of revenues, endzones, touchdowns, beer, donuts and razzamatazz... Count me in.

Go Saints Franchise! USA! USA!

My first thought was that the marketing / merchandising would improve beyond recognition. Yanks would start to market the club properly and they'd be right into their branded rubber ducks - surprised big fras husnae been on yet.

The £500K over three years makes it look like another selling consortium / 10000 hrs creation to me....either way its a win-win. Bye bye 10000 hrs...it was fun once, but now you've outstayed your welcome. Time to let us all move on.

I think £500,000 over 3 yrs would be beyond 10000hrs. This Is a new bid with(reading between the lines) A St Mirren man on board. It would make little sense at this time to make up bids to increase the price as Scottish football is on It's Knees.

Sorry you've lost me.

what i don't get is why a group of saints fans think they need to abuse other saints fans because 10000 hours are mince???

OK I will help you. You moan about being abused by the pro-CIC brigade (often) and say you would never abuse a Saints fan but you have regularly abused REA for months on this board.

It goes with the territory DoP. Just look at the pelters that SG has taken over the years and continues to take. If you are going to put yourself at the top tier of a football club, your going to have to accept that fans are going to take a tilt at you - and very often for things that have got hee-haw to do with you.

I'm only a prospective club president and look at the abuse I am getting off ktf. Fans will be fans. We leaders of men must rise above it.

It does go with the territory to some extent John. I raised somner's REA-bashing (which you seem happy to accept) in the context that he was moaning about being abused by Saints fans for standing up for truth and was only pointing out he is quite happy to descend to name calling and abuse when it suits him. My guess is 1 reason he has never accepted REA's offers to meet him is he might be too embarrassed about some of his online statements about REA to look him in the eye if they ever did meet.

If someone is intending to buy my club with their money fine. If someone is intending buying my club with other people's money he deserves to take abuse. He was/ is intending to buy my club without putting any of his cash into it he is quite willing to spend other peoples cash that takes a brass neck.

If someone is intending to buy my club with their money fine. If someone is intending buying my club with other people's money he deserves to take abuse. He was/ is intending to buy my club without putting any of his cash into it he is quite willing to spend other peoples cash that takes a brass neck.

If I remember correctly REA was going to invest (some of) his own money and has already spent a fair amount on legal fees etc from his own pocket.

if an unknown american is interested then lets not slate them, confidentiality agreements or non disclosure agreements happen in all lines of business, if this guy wants to put in £500k a year over 3 years and the board accepts, then we accept him and get behind him just as we would if the 10,000hrs agreement happened.

i personally think its good to hear about this as the 10,000hrs debate has gone stale at present.

It's not just your club though. Richard has put cash in already, but apparently he should pay at least 30 times as much of any if us will put in before we believe him to be genuine! What utter bollocks!

Edited by TsuMirren

If I remember correctly REA was going to invest (some of) his own money and has already spent a fair amount on legal fees etc from his own pocket.

Pretty sure that Chris Stewart is a lawyer...is REA paying Chris Stewart, the club secretary and prosepctive interim board member or are we talking about admin fees such as setting up a company - because you can do that online for about a tenner.

A quite absurd statement. He deserves to take abuse? What kind of abuse, may I ask?

Away you and Fcuk yourself ya Dobber ! This KTF persona Has Blawn more trumpet's, Than a West End Whore in his Support for 10.000 whore's ?

He got a knock back for a Club Blazer and a wee Gig as Fandan Rep, And in my opinion, He is hurting ever so Bad ? lol.gif

Definitely an REA alias.

as ive just woke up (8 hrs behind you lot) i,d just like to confirm that im not behind this bid.

if i had the funds i would love to be the mistery bidder,but nae luck me.

That's a shame.

Cause as a native American you would have confused the OF bigots.

Agreed John, but it doesn't give him the right to say Richard deserves to take abuse!

Perhaps not deserve abuse; however he certainly isn't entitled to a free pass from abuse, especially if he wants to be considered the same as any other fan. The only Siants fan I know above getting abuse is a dug.

Hopefully it's that big blazer and slacks wearing American guy who used to come to all the games, home and away, sometimes in the company of quite a few other Americans.

That guy always looked like he'd just stepped out of an Ivy League campus library, and oozed class.

I never did get to the bottom of how the hell he ended up following Saints, but hopefully he's now at the helm of a global empire and is looking for a hobby.

Hopefully it's that big blazer and slacks wearing American guy who used to come to all the games, home and away, sometimes in the company of quite a few other Americans.

That guy always looked like he'd just stepped out of an Ivy League campus library, and oozed class.

I never did get to the bottom of how the hell he ended up following Saints, but hopefully he's now at the helm of a global empire and is looking for a hobby.

I remember exactly which guys you're talking about! haha.

Spotted them a good few times and seem to remember them going tonto at opposition fans (possibly at Ibrox) whilst wearing said matching slacks/chinos and jumpers draped over there shoulders and tied in a knot.

Perhaps he is very pround of the John Witherspoon, once a Paisley minister, connection.

A man, who was one of the signatories to the Unites States Declaration of Independence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Witherspoon

From the Herald, June 18:

"Gilmour, though, is thought to have other offers on the table from overseas investors who he claims can meet the asking price. One is thought to be a consortium led by Angelo Massone, the former Livingston director, although the Italian has denied he is considering an offer at this time. The other party, thought to be led by a United States-based Scottish expat, is yet to be identified but is believed to be the one most likely to be in a position to make a credible alternative bid."