Unnamed American

mikesmfc

Hmm....

I don't doubt that the consortium would want to safeguard the club, but I'm a bit puzzled as to how they would arrange this.

It seems a bit far-fetched to hope that some kind of clause could be incorporated into any sale. That would be a bit like me selling my house to you with a clause built in that if I didn't like who you invited to the house-warming party, I could step in and buy it back off you. I'm not convinced that you'd be signing up to that one, somehow.

These clauses are not unusual in business transactions. Some form of agreement can be incorporated which would allow legal redress should dark deeds be afoot (e.g. we end up Govan bound).

These clauses are not unusual in business transactions. Some form of agreement can be incorporated which would allow legal redress should dark deeds be afoot (e.g. we end up Govan bound).

I suppose that's reassuring, but who decides what constitutes 'dark deeds' and how?

I suppose that's reassuring, but who decides what constitutes 'dark deeds' and how?

Lawyers I'd imagine would decide these matters rather than the parties themselves. I'd be disappointed if the consortium didn't insert clauses allowing for legal redress should the new owner(s) attempt to change our identity. Obviously if a fan buyout comes to pass then that would not be needed but should be there if we are sold to a single owner.

Yeah but Scott none of that addresses the fact that they would have to retain cash to buy the club back and I seriously cannot see that happening. Do you think Mrs Purves would be happy to lay out the cash yet again to buy the club back?

I agree but it is possible they could insert a clause to prevent any relocation of the club by challenging it in court at which point it would be up to the lawyers to sort it out. A few years ago this sort of idea wouldn't have entered anyone's head but after all this Newco caper anything is possible.

If we get player drafts, a cross-league kit deal with Adidas, an equal split of revenues, endzones, touchdowns, beer, donuts and razzamatazz... Count me in.

Go Saints Franchise! USA! USA!

I can't wait to embrace the ferocity of the Paisley Pythons soccerball team. Mobile hot dog sellers, cheerleaders (more Rockettes than the Morton Chlamydia Crew) and a brass band, all happening at the McDonalds Arena.

Go Pythons!

I agree but it is possible they could insert a clause to prevent any relocation of the club by challenging it in court at which point it would be up to the lawyers to sort it out. A few years ago this sort of idea wouldn't have entered anyone's head but after all this Newco caper anything is possible.

It's a strange one, in some respects.

It seems ot me that there are a couple of possible scenarios. As this guy is reported to be an ex-pat, 'football person' (whatever that means....), there is a chance that he is known to the consortium. If that is the case, then you'd have to assume that his credentials are known and accepted in terms of his appropriateness to buy the club. If so, then why would any clause be incorporated into the deal?

Another possibility is that this bidder is not known to anyone in the consortium. If this is the case, then are they comfortable to be considering selling to him given what is alleged to have been in the background when the McGeoch bid was on the table (or in the offing)? They have given a commitment now to sell the club to any party unless they are confident that said party has the best interest of the club at heart.

So....we either have a bidder who is familiar to the consortium, and that begs the question as to why any cluase would have to be in place, or the bidder is an unknown quantity, in which case, we might have some cause to be anxious.

Edit for typos

Edited by Drew

Guest somner9

Was thinking that myself recently.

4 days until we find out who the owner is....finally!

Does that rule out another late rallying call by 10000 hours? Or is it more likely yet another date that will come and go without major announcement?

Guest somner9

I would think so !

Off course it is.

Well between us I think we've covered most eventualities?

Now does this Unnamed american drink in the Tile, like an upturned barstool and answer to the name of Yul???

(Yul!!!! might be what we would all scream if sat on said upturned barstool)

So is it looking likely that this American based bid will be successful ?

Has Div managed to find out anything that about potential new owners that he is able to share with us ?

What we know so far is that an offer of £1.5 million has been made for a %52share in St Mirren and that this payment is made in three anual instalments.

That the person interested is Scottish and has an interest in football.

Anyone have any more info on this bid for the club ?

So is it looking likely that this American based bid will be successful ?

Has Div managed to find out anything that about potential new owners that he is able to share with us ?

What we know so far is that an offer of £1.5 million has been made for a %52share in St Mirren and that this payment is made in three anual instalments.

That the person interested is Scottish and has an interest in football.

Anyone have any more info on this bid for the club ?

Just going back....He is not from Renfrewshire (Div) ..which is good as he might have some moneywhistling.gif and Davidg who says we will have a familiar face on board if it goes through. Two men we can trust...Think they know more than us so we can but wait.

Both tips , sound good so far ,would be good to hear Div or David opinons of whether this takeover would be good for Saints ,would alsonbe good to get a few more hints as to who the new prosepctive owners might be ,could the club be saving the announcement until saturday ?

Both tips , sound good so far ,would be good to hear Div or David opinons of whether this takeover would be good for Saints ,would alsonbe good to get a few more hints as to who the new prosepctive owners might be ,could the club be saving the announcement until saturday ?

Over to Div and Davidg.....the only 2 in the know....Any more fish for the seals??