Unnamed American

mikesmfc

I remember exactly which guys you're talking about! haha.

Spotted them a good few times and seem to remember them going tonto at opposition fans (possibly at Ibrox) whilst wearing said matching slacks/chinos and jumpers draped over there shoulders and tied in a knot.

You mean these dudes......nae heid because of confidentiallity agreement

686151_356x237.jpg

sweater.jpg.... notice the belt...

Of course, they'll bring in their own man...

brown_phil_jumper.jpg

...and backroom staff...

Mens-Ted-Baker-SS12-Collection-2.jpg

All joking aside... I don't know his name, but I do have a photo of the unknown American leaving St.Mirren Park with his sidekick...

large.jpg

Hopefully it's that big blazer and slacks wearing American guy who used to come to all the games, home and away, sometimes in the company of quite a few other Americans.

That guy always looked like he'd just stepped out of an Ivy League campus library, and oozed class.

I never did get to the bottom of how the hell he ended up following Saints, but hopefully he's now at the helm of a global empire and is looking for a hobby.

The big curly haired chap. He smoked a pipe.laugh.png He went to games home and away for quite a while and then disappeared. Cant remember seeing him much at the new ground.

Good to see at least one scottish journalist doing their job properly.

From the Herald, June 18:

"Gilmour, though, is thought to have other offers on the table from overseas investors who he claims can meet the asking price. One is thought to be a consortium led by Angelo Massone, the former Livingston director, although the Italian has denied he is considering an offer at this time. The other party, thought to be led by a United States-based Scottish expat, is yet to be identified but is believed to be the one most likely to be in a position to make a credible alternative bid."

The American dude shared a room with a very keen saints fan while studying in Scotland and followed them all over the country. When his course finished he returned to the states.

Hopefully it's that big blazer and slacks wearing American guy who used to come to all the games, home and away, sometimes in the company of quite a few other Americans.

That guy always looked like he'd just stepped out of an Ivy League campus library, and oozed class.

I never did get to the bottom of how the hell he ended up following Saints, but hopefully he's now at the helm of a global empire and is looking for a hobby.

The American dude shared a room with a very keen saints fan while studying in Scotland and followed them all over the country. When his course finished he returned to the states.

Or one old Paisley buddie, who done alright for himself.

Did Fred not move to the USA.whistling.gif

Edited by pod

Never have and never will abuse my fellow buds, shame on you for that accusation. Perhaps you'll be gentlemanly enough to give us some evidence?

You are accusing me of sticking the knife into fellow fans, and yet all the personal attacks are coming from you. 1eye.gif

Try taking a wee minute to read the posts back. bangin.gif

10000hrs is almost entirely made up of your fellow fans. Some of them must be taking it personally.

I had forgotten all about this guy! Excellent supporter. Extremely animated and up for 90 mins non-stop singing and brilliantly dressed.

From the Herald, June 18:

"Gilmour, though, is thought to have other offers on the table from overseas investors who he claims can meet the asking price. One is thought to be a consortium led by Angelo Massone, the former Livingston director, although the Italian has denied he is considering an offer at this time. The other party, thought to be led by a United States-based Scottish expat, is yet to be identified but is believed to be the one most likely to be in a position to make a credible alternative bid."

If memory serves me right Massone was David Hays son in law. Hay came close to destroying the club in the early 90s, send in his son in law to finish the job eh?

Or one old Paisley buddie, who done alright for himself.

Did Fred not move to the USA.whistling.gif

Iain Munro's name has crossed my mind a few times. Apart from being a classy player, he had a good head on his shoulders. I see he is still coaching in the states. Through a colleague many moons ago I came across him when he was just a boy at Love Street. There was a bit of money in his background and he drove flash sports cars that nobody else could afford. I don't know anything about him now though.

Iain Munro's name has crossed my mind a few times. Apart from being a classy player, he had a good head on his shoulders. I see he is still coaching in the states. Through a colleague many moons ago I came across him when he was just a boy at Love Street. There was a bit of money in his background and he drove flash sports cars that nobody else could afford. I don't know anything about him now though.

He could take over and then decide 24 hours later that Raith Rovers was more his scene.;-)

If memory serves me right Massone was David Hays son in law. Hay came close to destroying the club in the early 90s, send in his son in law to finish the job eh?

Sounds like he's the man to deliver CiC a knockout blow...

Let the talks commence with our mystery American friend - SG can sell him 49% of the holding - REA can purchase the majority balance of available shares to form a fans consortium on the board - hell even smisa commit 50k to ongoing youth development - 3 parties all working for the good of the saints - no- one in overall ownership - and a team on the pitch playing the best football for 20 years - led by an ambitious and talented manager / experienced back room staff and youth coaches who can put a conveyor belt of talent into the first team squad !

Add in a fans match day bar and quality rubber duck merchandise available online twinned with selling the naming rights of the stadium to New St mirren Yankees green hill road park and you almost have a paisley footballing utopia

Guest somner9

OK I will help you. You moan about being abused by the pro-CIC brigade (often) and say you would never abuse a Saints fan but you have regularly abused REA for months on this board.

Ok go on then; quote here the horrendous personal abuse you say I have directed at REA or indeed any individual. We all want to see it!

You will find countless examples of me calling 10000 hours on their approach, methods, vanishing acts and lack of communication. But normal people will see that is not personal abuse. So lets see the evidence to back you wild claims.

As gay marrage was passed today and i'm not homophobic I still say the above pics are modled by poofters!

Your comments remind me of my college days in the Borders in the early 70's.

As I was not a rugby player, and not a drinker, the rugby boys called me a poofter.

Indeed, I was known to shave at weekends and this confirmed for many of them that I was a poofter.

I also enjoyed the ladies who strangely felt that the unshaven drunken rugby players weren't playing their game.

Memories.................

Sounds like more of a Parkhead sort of situation.

See what you mean. The wording is a bit open to interpretation. i can promise you I have no connection with Perth or Glasgow Celtic. There are plenty ladies all round Paisley who can vouch for the fact that I'm not one of 'them'. I could show you my testimonials.

Your comments remind me of my college days in the Borders in the early 70's.

As I was not a rugby player, and not a drinker, the rugby boys called me a poofter.

Indeed, I was known to shave at weekends and this confirmed for many of them that I was a poofter.

I also enjoyed the ladies who strangely felt that the unshaven drunken rugby players weren't playing their game.

Memories.................

Depends where you were shaving. whistling.gif

See what you mean. The wording is a bit open to interpretation. i can promise you I have no connection with Perth or Glasgow Celtic. There are plenty ladies all round Paisley who can vouch for the fact that I'm not one of 'them'. I could show you my testimonials.

Keep them in your pants.

10000hrs is almost entirely made up of your fellow fans.

So gullible.....10000hrs is a group from Ayrshire trying to take control of SMFC using fans money. Fans involvement to date has been signing up to a £1.5Million debt via direct debit mandates....unless you want to include the fans poll that I embarrassed them into delivering, which they subsequently used as a tool to try and get support for the newco.

The fans are not in 10000hrs they are just funding it.

So gullible.....10000hrs is a group from Ayrshire trying to take control of SMFC using fans money. Fans involvement to date has been signing up to a £1.5Million debt via direct debit mandates....unless you want to include the fans poll that I embarrassed them into delivering, which they subsequently used as a tool to try and get support for the newco.

The fans are not in 10000hrs they are just funding it.

REA and how else.

REA and how else.

The majority of the already decided interim BoD...Chris Stewart & Brian Caldwell. If you go back further when 10000 hrs was to be an overarching BoD separate from fans there were other Ayrshire punters involved - one is still a director of the company set up to handle the trasaction.

How old was this guy and his friends? There was a group of young guys who looked like they'd just stepped out of Oxford University and went to a number of away games about two, three seasons ago. They wore the jumpers in the fashion demonstrated above and were always extremely smartly dressed. I never heard them speak though so always just assumed they were normal fans who liked to dress well! Is this the same group I'm thinking of?

The majority of the already decided interim BoD...Chris Stewart & Brian Caldwell. If you go back further when 10000 hrs was to be an overarching BoD separate from fans there were other Ayrshire punters involved - one is still a director of the company set up to handle the trasaction.

Is there a problem staying in Ayrshire. Stuart Gilmour stay's in Troon and there's a few of our fan's from Ayrshire.

How old was this guy and his friends? There was a group of young guys who looked like they'd just stepped out of Oxford University and went to a number of away games about two, three seasons ago. They wore the jumpers in the fashion demonstrated above and were always extremely smartly dressed. I never heard them speak though so always just assumed they were normal fans who liked to dress well! Is this the same group I'm thinking of?

That's the Ayrshire mob. whistling.gif