Champions League 2012/13

shull

Do we get more cash if they make it out of the group stages?

If so, it's a great result.

If not, it's a shite result.

Do we get more cash if they make it out of the group stages?

If so, it's a great result.

If not, it's a shite result.

Might make It easier to share the SPL money for all?.......Change to 9-3 votes If the super power of Aberdeen agree?...Just a thought.

Even if we did get more money, the Clubs would give it to their shite players.

Same old, same old pish.

We'll still be playing tippy tappy shite fitba on Saturday, even if the Green Vermin had won 10 - 1.

Even if we did get more money, the Clubs would give it to their shite players.

Same old, same old pish.

We'll still be playing trying to play tippy tappy shite fitba on Saturday that doesn't work, even if the Green Vermin had won 10 - 1.

Sorry Shull yer getting a bit old and forgetfull added the bits you missed. Us buds need to look after each other.

Inasmuch as an 18 year old Scot scored the winner against Barcelona?

Without a doubt.

That's absolutely the highlight of it all for me. He certainly seems like a great talent and at 18, to be scoring Champions League goals against Barcelona, bodes extremely well for the future of our national team. I have to credit Celtic as they seem to be nurturing him into a good player and not burning him out with too many games.

Off the Ball was discussing the Barca-Celtic match a couple of weeks ago and worked out that Celtic have more 'times' the resources of a club like Motherwell (one of the higher SPL budgets) than Barca do of Celtic. It kind of puts this into perspective: Celtic are a massive club with massive resources at their disposal, and are closer to Barca in their resources than they are to other SPL clubs. The defeat by Kilmarnock of Celtic at Parkhead a couple of weeks ago was a greater achievement than that one witnessed tonight, if you take the budgets into account, the fact that Killie were playing away from home, and the inexperience of some of their players of playing an occasion like that. That's not to take anything away from Celtic because they really shouldn't be beating Barca - and I wish they hadn't - but some perspective doesn't do any harm on nights like these.

I also hate those who are crawling out the woodwork on the likes of Twitter and Facebook this evening lamenting this as a great day in their lives. 90% of them wouldn't know where to find Celtic Park if I asked for directions. They were nowhere to be seen after said Killie match and obviously couldn't be bothered to turn up for the League Cup match last week. Greatest fans in the world? Greatest glory hunters in the world.

Edited by Sunny Saint

I also hate those who are crawling out the woodwork on the likes of Twitter and Facebook this evening lamenting this as a great day in their lives. 90% of them wouldn't know where to find Celtic Park if I asked for directions. They were nowhere to be seen after said Killie match and obviously couldn't be bothered to turn up for the League Cup match last week. Greatest fans in the world? Greatest glory hunters in the world.

FCUK 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!

That's absolutely the highlight of it all for me. He certainly seems like a great talent and at 18, to be scoring Champions League goals against Barcelona, bodes extremely well for the future of our national team. I have to credit Celtic as they seem to be nurturing him into a good player and not burning him out with too many games.

Off the Ball was discussing the Barca-Celtic match a couple of weeks ago and worked out that Celtic have more 'times' the resources of a club like Motherwell (one of the higher SPL budgets) than Barca do of Celtic. It kind of puts this into perspective: Celtic are a massive club with massive resources at their disposal, and are closer to Barca in their resources than they are to other SPL clubs. The defeat by Kilmarnock of Celtic at Parkhead a couple of weeks ago was a greater achievement than that one witnessed tonight, if you take the budgets into account, the fact that Killie were playing away from home, and the inexperience of some of their players of playing an occasion like that. That's not to take anything away from Celtic because they really shouldn't be beating Barca - and I wish they hadn't - but some perspective doesn't do any harm on nights like these.

Accurate well balanced post . Nothing like what l would type . Did l cheer on the Scottish side tonite ? Did I f**k . But then are Celuc a Scottish side. .

Budgets only go so far though, Barcelona aren't they richest team in the world yet they are the best team in the world. Messi isn't the highest player in the world but he is by far the best player in the world (In my opinion).

Maybe some of the closet Sellic fans on here can tell me this........if they were formed in 1888 how is this their 125th birthday?????!!!!!

I was confused at this too so I had a look on wikipedia.. apparently Celtic were established in 1887 but didn't play their first game till 1888.

Will be a challenging day at work with the Green Vermin smellies on the gloat.

Firstly Classic FM will be on my radio as soon as any punter gets in my Cab.

Then,

Vermin - Did you see the game last night, Driver ?

Me - No, i was at the Theatre Royal for a bit of Opera. What game was on on anyway ?

Vermin sits in stunned silence.

Perfect hire.

Edited by shull

Accurate well balanced post . Nothing like what l would type . Did l cheer on the Scottish side tonite ? Did I f**k . But then are Celuc a Scottish side. .

This game was a win win situation for me. Had they been pumped I would have been laughing at the Celtic fans who laugh at us.

The fact that they won brings a bit of respect back to our SPL from Europe. Also it means they will lose their best players in the transfer window.

This game was a win win situation for me. Had they been pumped I would have been laughing at the Celtic fans who laugh at us.

The fact that they won brings a bit of respect back to our SPL from Europe. Also it means they will lose their best players in the transfer window.

And we'll win the League ????????????1eye.gif

Jaked at this time in the morning. lol.gif

Indeed , I was thinking that , also. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime