Champions League 2012/13

shull

Wherever the keeper went Hooper went also, positioned himself not just in front of him but touching him. Deliberately to block him from collecting the ball.

Why else would the smallest man on the park position himself there? Does he think he can out jump the keepers raised hands and head the ball into the net?

Touching him? whistling.gif

Standing in front of a player, as far as I'm aware, isn't a foul.

As I said, not in the same planet. bye1.gif

Touching him? whistling.gif

Standing in front of a player, as far as I'm aware, isn't a foul.

As I said, not in the same planet. bye1.gif

The carry on that goes on in modern day football at corners is ridiculous. Why nothing is done about it I just don't know. At times the ref could book umpteen players, he could give penalties and could even send some guys off. It just goes on and on. But keepers still get obstructed and defenders get dragged all over the place. Forwards get yanked back by their shirts. But despite all this as far as I can see there is no real effort on the part of the powers that be to stop it. I agree with Faraway that standing in front of a player isn't a foul. Nobody ever said you have to get out of anybody's way. But the kind of stramash we see inside the penalty area results regularly in several fouls going unchecked.