New Owner Tba In 48 Hours!

Guest somner9

If the two other bids are only 'imaginary', 'rival' bids to generate interest in 10,000 Hours and 10,000 Hours don't have the readies then where does that leave SG and the consortium 3 years on from putting the club up for sale?

I await St Sid's balanced and insightful considerations with interest.

Even a clown shoes could work out what is going on now. 1eye.gif

Guest somner9

Having a BoD who mostly want to retire and move on isn't ideal however the ongoing saga of the sale of the club didn't seem to stop the team doing alright last year or starting OK this year. I don't think you could also say that the sale of the club is affecting the size of the squad budget either or how far the management team are backed by the BoD. It strikes me that things could be a lot worse than they are at present.

I agree we were allright last year, ok so far. The issue for me and several others no doubt is what head way could we be making financially (club shop, commercial activities etc) if we were not stuck in 10000 hours/Scaremongering limbo land???

And for all the good our BoD incl the selling consortium have done, the longer this sorry affair drags on can only continue to undo that good work! We need the selling consortium to now show leadership and independent thinking and release our club from the shackles that it's association with 10000 hours has brought.

To re-phrase your thoughts: "How much more improved could things be at the present,

IF!

everyone connnected with the club knew where they were going and what they were trying to achieve... TOGETHER?

The issue for me and several others no doubt is what head way could we be making financially (club shop, commercial activities etc) if we were not stuck in 10000 hours/Scaremongering limbo land???

Pretty much this - Friday will be three years since the original announcement of the consortium decision to sell their shareholding. I guess the final 10000hours bid fell short of the £1.5M so it's down to the consortium to decide whether to accept this bid or pursue the alternatives. Even a sceptic like me wants a quick decision, the 10000hours bid received a phenomenal level of fan support but if the situation continues to drift I can only see a slow decline in the number of pledges remaining.

Come on SG let us know one way or other on this bid by Friday and give 10000hours their chance or officially turn it down.

The issue for me and several others no doubt is what head way could we be making financially (club shop, commercial activities etc) if we were not stuck in 10000 hours/Scaremongering limbo land???

The only members of the current board who still want to be involved now and going forward are... the guys from 10,000Hours? If you take them out the equation you are left with a group of guys who have done a good job over the long haul they have been there but they all want out. We either new to keep the new blood or try and have a steady hand over from the ones wanting out.

Guest somner9

The only members of the current board who still want to be involved now and going forward are... the guys from 10,000Hours? If you take them out the equation you are left with a group of guys who have done a good job over the long haul they have been there but they all want out. We either new to keep the new blood or try and have a steady hand over from the ones wanting out.

In bold.... Correct!

however SG was at pains to tell us years ago that the only reason Atkinson and Stewart were co-opted on to the board was to faciliate their purchase of the 52% shareholding. And by anyone's measure of performance they've well and truly manged to f**k that up on a number of occasions, be reported AWOL, and lose funders and supporters......

big question? given that was the reason they were co-opetd to the BoD..... why the f**k are they still there???

as far as I'm aware they have'nt weighed in and taken on shareholdings, nor invested in the business???

They are not taking our club forward, even after been given every advantage that no other bidder has had (if they exist) to do so!

In bold.... Correct!

however SG was at pains to tell us years ago that the only reason Atkinson and Stewart were co-opted on to the board was to faciliate their purchase of the 52% shareholding. And by anyone's measure of performance they've well and truly manged to f**k that up on a number of occasions, be reported AWOL, and lose funders and supporters......

big question? given that was the reason they were co-opetd to the BoD..... why the f**k are they still there???

as far as I'm aware they have'nt weighed in and taken on shareholdings, nor invested in the business???

They are not taking our club forward, even after been given every advantage that no other bidder has had (if they exist) to do so!

Why are they still there? Well so far as I am aware they are the heads of the only group to have submitted a bid for the shares - a bid which, unless I missed something today, still hasn't been rejected. Calling for them to be removed is a bit presumptuous at this stage, however if the bid does fail and 10000hours is terminated once and for all then I would expect that they won't need removed. They'll simply resign and move on to whatever their next project is.

given that was the reason they were co-opetd to the BoD..... why the f**k are they still there???

Pure speculation on my part... why are the 10,000Hours team still there? answer: partly because there isn't a queue of local businessmen looking to invest in the club, partly because their bid is still live and partly because no one from the consortium wants to be club secretary or commercial director and someone needs to fill those positions?

Pure speculation on my part... why are the 10,000Hours team still there? answer: partly because there isn't a queue of local businessmen looking to invest in the club, partly because their bid is still live and partly because no one from the consortium wants to be club secretary or commercial director and someone needs to fill those positions?

This post rates you lower than clown shoes. Cannae believe none of you hasn't worked it out yet. Its like watching New Tricks with the sidlettes.

Guest somner9

This post rates you lower than clown shoes. Cannae believe none of you hasn't worked it out yet. Its like watching New Tricks with the sidlettes.

So not such a BIG change about to be announced after all lol.gif

Guest somner9

Now will the new owner actually be announced in the next 48 hours???

Thats 9952 hours less than other bidders needclap.gif

he's already saved us over 9000 hourswhistling.gif

Edited by somner9

Why are they still there? Well so far as I am aware they are the heads of the only group to have submitted a bid for the shares - a bid which, unless I missed something today, still hasn't been rejected. Calling for them to be removed is a bit presumptuous at this stage, however if the bid does fail and 10000hours is terminated once and for all then I would expect that they won't need removed. They'll simply resign and move on to whatever their next project is.

Tick

The only members of the current board who still want to be involved now and going forward are... the guys from 10,000Hours?

Not so ! As already mentioned , one of the other bids , should it be accepted , would involve a current board member continuing , possibly as chairman !