What Plans For Your Dd Mandate?

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

An open, honest non agenda driven question. With the first months subs about to be drawn down on our DD mandates 31/8/12. And as yet no plan, offer, bid or concrete info on what is happening Re: purchase of club. What plans do you have for your DD???

An open, honest non agenda driven question. With the first months subs about to be drawn down on our DD mandates 31/8/12. And as yet no plan, offer, bid or concrete info on what is happening Re: purchase of club. What plans do you have for your DD???

God you must be bored, Another thread on this just what we need, FFS mods shut this piss down

Guest somner9

God you must be bored, Another thread on this just what we need, FFS mods shut this piss down

you'd rather sleepwalk into the DD's being drawn down with no guarantee of where and for what the funding is destined? £11.5k of fans money a month!

You can always not read this? but then what would you have to moan aboutwhistling.gif

Edited by somner9

Its a burst baw.....SG is only keeping REA around to keep the selling price up for serious bidders who don't actually exist.

Anyone that has a dd mandate in should be telling 10000 hrs to put it on hold until we actually get details of the funding available. The danger is that the selling consortium grab what they can from 10000 hrs and leave the club in the shitter.

I don't think any money will be taken from anyone until there is a binding agreement to buy the club.

Three weeks till the DDs are due. I would expect communication to follow in due course just as it did before the original mandate date of end July.

Guest somner9

I don't think any money will be taken from anyone until there is a binding agreement to buy the club.

Three weeks till the DDs are due. I would expect communication to follow in due course just as it did before the original mandate date of end July.

don't want to split hairs (but HAIR goes anyway)... The official communication from 10000 hours has confirmed a number of times that monies WILL be taken from 31/8/12. There has been no official communication to the contrary.

Most as you state would assume that nothing would be drawn down until an agreement is signed, but thats not where 10000 hours have left it.

No communication full stop. The only contract between fans and 10000 hrs is for them to take money out of the account. There has been no effort made to change that. I've seen pyramid schemes that offer more information. In fact some dafty from London was on the phone to me earlier trying to sell me fine wine as a commmodity investment....even he was prepared to send me information. Even double glazing salesmen produce a contract of sorts with a cooling off period. St Mirren fans have been given nothing but marketing documents, blah-blah and scaremongering.

This all has the feel of Murray using the latest finance fad of ramping up debt as a gamble to success and pitching it to Ayr United who told him to get ti f"k. Now we have another financial wizzkid putting forward failed version number three of how a CIC can be financed to take over a club. It's a gamble and he doesn't even know if it will work. It's a gamble that will have very little impact if any on REA & Co if it fails. All the risk sits with SMFC and its future generations of supporters.

Advice was given in our own club programme that fans should seek all the information they can and be absolutely certain of the gamble they are taking on behalf of SMFC and their fellow fans. Based on the information that is currently available there is no way we should be gambling the future of our club.

don't want to split hairs (but HAIR goes anyway)... The official communication from 10000 hours has confirmed a number of times that monies WILL be taken from 31/8/12. There has been no official communication to the contrary.

Most as you state would assume that nothing would be drawn down until an agreement is signed, but thats not where 10000 hours have left it.

The group will communicate in good time with the members. The direct debits are not due to kick in for 3 weeks and can be bulk amended with 3-5 days notice so there is no issue here as far as I can see.

Sure you and John will do your level best to create one though.

Guest somner9

The group will communicate in good time with the members. The direct debits are not due to kick in for 3 weeks and can be bulk amended with 3-5 days notice so there is no issue here as far as I can see.

Sure you and John will do your level best to create one though.

playground nonsense and poor form. so the people putting up the finances to secure a bid should just keep quiet and accept whatever poor info is pushed their way? dream on 10000 hours. you put yourself up for this, you not only have to deliver but be seen to deliver! Otherwise your just wasting over 1000 saints fans time!

playground nonsense and poor form. so the people putting up the finances to secure a bid should just keep quiet and accept whatever poor info is pushed their way? dream on 10000 hours. you put yourself up for this, you not only have to deliver but be seen to deliver! Otherwise your just wasting over 1000 saints fans time!

Out of the 1000 fans only you and sid are all hot and bothered about it and sid hasn't even signed up. Sit down take deep breaths and don't panic. Most importantly of all give us all a break FFS.

Guest somner9

Out of the 1000 fans only you and sid are all hot and bothered about it and sid hasn't even signed up. Sit down take deep breaths and don't panic. Most importantly of all give us all a break FFS.

If we are treated like mushrooms again a la previous 10000 hours bids then I'd suggest there will be alot more than me wanting to know why?

as i said if this doesn@t interest you then don't read it. given that a few people are slating this rather loudly suggests they are getting wobbly!

Edited by somner9

The direct debits were originally due to fire on 31st July as you know.

They didn't. All members were told well in advance that they wouldn't.

The same thing will happen in August if the deal isn't ready to be done.

I have no idea why you would want to start an argument about something that really is a complete non-issue.

If the deal isn't done the direct debits won't be taken, it's THAT simple.

Guest somner9

The direct debits were originally due to fire on 31st July as you know.

They didn't. All members were told well in advance that they wouldn't.

The same thing will happen in August if the deal isn't ready to be done.

I have no idea why you would want to start an argument about something that really is a complete non-issue.

If the deal isn't done the direct debits won't be taken, it's THAT simple.

So the attitude of 10000 hours remains the same? Don't question, don't ask, just hang around, leave your bank details with us and we'll tell you!!! when we're good and ready.

Maybe!

Sorry thats as far removed from a democratic and involved process as you can get. Why are there no fans involved with this bid? Why are we kept at arms length? Do you think if you keep slapping us down we'll just accept it?

I started the thread to find out what others may think/plan etc re: their DD mandates. But it ends with 10000 hours slapping me down again, then suggesting I've started an arguement.

You've marched everyone up to the top of the hill again, you know you're financial position, but still refuse to engage with the people putting up the money, save to try and deflect from you inadequacies by trying to smear them as "Troublemakers, Loonies etc, etc" yeah top form boys

my DD will remain in place but i am becoming increasingly anxious about the bid, i'd like to know if a reduced offer is being considered and if not then why not,

I can only assume there are talks being held about the bid (there certainly should be) and if so this is what concerns me, because it is further evidence of not wanting us involved until a last minute "pay up or back out" announcement.

There has been an offer made so in my opinion we should be getting told the amount of the bid and any thoughts on a reduced bid, i have this opinion because my DD is there to be used (my money) so i should be getting some feedback on the situation

my DD will remain in place but i am becoming increasingly anxious about the bid, i'd like to know if a reduced offer is being considered and if not then why not,

I can only assume there are talks being held about the bid (there certainly should be) and if so this is what concerns me, because it is further evidence of not wanting us involved until a last minute "pay up or back out" announcement.

There has been an offer made so in my opinion we should be getting told the amount of the bid and any thoughts on a reduced bid, i have this opinion because my DD is there to be used (my money) so i should be getting some feedback on the situation

"Anxious"? What about? As Div has said 10000hours have made it clear they won't draw down the DDM's until such times as they have had a bid successfully accepted for the club. No bid has been accepted for the club as yet and currently the consortium are still using some spurious story about a mysterious American bidder competing for ownership of the club. I'm not quite sure what you think 10000hours can do about it or what they are going to do that might make you "anxious" but if you are truly concerned that your direct debit might not be appropriately used then its within your power to cancel it. It's really easy. It only took me a couple of clicks of the mouse and I had two to cancel. :rolleyes:

Like you I would love to see the bid value drop significantly. It would suit me completely if Gilmour and co got f**k all for their shares and although I know I am completely open to the charge that it is because it's personal to me it really should be said that every St Mirren fan should have exactly the same goal. Making sure the consortium gets as little as possible is sensible because it means that whomever the new owner is will have more money to put into the club whether its in terms of community initiatives or in terms of boosting money to the playing squad.

So the attitude of 10000 hours remains the same? Don't question, don't ask, just hang around, leave your bank details with us and we'll tell you!!! when we're good and ready.

Maybe!

10000Hours issued an update to all members last week and posted on their website advising anyone who cares to read it on the current situation.

Sorry thats as far removed from a democratic and involved process as you can get. Why are there no fans involved with this bid? Why are we kept at arms length? Do you think if you keep slapping us down we'll just accept it?

There are over 1,000 fans involved with this bid.

Who is "slapping us down" ? I've answered your question with an entirely reasonable and accurate response.

I started the thread to find out what others may think/plan etc re: their DD mandates. But it ends with 10000 hours slapping me down again, then suggesting I've started an arguement.

I answered your question on the direct debit mandates. No payments will be taken unless a binding deal is done. You don't seem to like that answer, but unfortunately it's the only one I can give you as it's the truth.

You've marched everyone up to the top of the hill again, you know you're financial position, but still refuse to engage with the people putting up the money, save to try and deflect from you inadequacies by trying to smear them as "Troublemakers, Loonies etc, etc" yeah top form boys

Who labelled you as a troublemaker or a loony ?

All in all your posts on this thread slam "10000Hours" for not answering your question, for "slapping you down", and calling you a "troublemaker" and a "loony".

You, me and everyone else who can read can see that absolutely none of that is true.

For the avoidance of doubt, to repeat, no direct debit payments will be taken from any members bank account unless there is a binding agreement in place to buy the majority shareholding of the club. This is exactly the same position we had in July when the mandates were originally due to begin. They were bulk amended to fire at the end of August. If the deal is still not done in the next two weeks then the mandates will be bulk amended again, or cancelled.

It really is that simple.

10000Hours issued an update to all members last week and posted on their website advising anyone who cares to read it on the current situation.

Who is "slapping us down" ? I've answered your question with an entirely reasonable and accurate response.

I answered your question on the direct debit mandates. No payments will be taken unless a binding deal is done. You don't seem to like that answer, but unfortunately it's the only one I can give you as it's the truth.

All in all your posts on this thread slam "10000Hours" for not answering your question, for "slapping you down", and calling you a "troublemaker" and a "loony".

You, me and everyone else who can read can see that absolutely none of that is true.

For the avoidance of doubt, to repeat, no direct debit payments will be taken from any members bank account unless there is a binding agreement in place to buy the majority shareholding of the club. This is exactly the same position we had in July when the mandates were originally due to begin. They were bulk amended to fire at the end of August. If the deal is still not done in the next two weeks then the mandates will be bulk amended again, or cancelled.

That would be me.

Obviously you're right that Sid and Somner have had most to say and although I'm not hot and bothered I am distinctly uneasy as I sense others are. Taking just the DD issue, there's no point denying that the Save St.Mirren thing was kind of hijacked and clouded the issue about just where our tenners or whatever are going when it comes to it. Unless I've missed it we don't know yet officially if a fighting fund is going to be needed or not. Silence isn't always golden.

We're possibly on the cusp of a new era for Scottish football. Certainly if the consortium manage to sell it will be a new era for St.Mirren. It would be nice to see dynamic new owners come in with forward looking plans to take St.Mirren confidently into that new era. I don't think even the most avid supporters of 10,000 hours would use the description of dynamic to be appropriate to anything they have achieved. They have inherited from the board the bad habit of completely ignoring the fans until they are looking for something.

The lack of information and comment from the board is ridiculous but 10.000 hours record over the last year has been abysmal too.

Guest somner9

All very interesting but for the avoidance of doubt let me be clear: I didn't ASK you (10000 hours) anything! I asked the people financially backing this bid what their thoughts were. You've chosen to hijack the conversation and smear it as "anti 10000 hours and anti fan ownership". rather than letting the backers debate.

It is with a huge drop of irony more than amusing to see 10000 hours "Fighting" to control any expression of opinion in open communication when they are best know as the "Phillips Idowu" of scottish fan ownership wannbe's.

The higher you put the barrier, the louder we will call.