What Plans For Your Dd Mandate?

Guest somner9

Personal squabbles and St Mirren fans getting banned from THE FANS forum......supporters haven't caused this, it is the selling consortium and 10000 hrs. And still no argument being made in defence of the the scheme.

The issue is not how fans are treating each other...the issue is how the selling consortium and 10000 hrs are treating the fans. The frustrations on both side of the selling consortium / 10000 hrs created divide are getting higher as peoples concerns are not being addressed - that applies to fans that have signed up as well as fans that haven't. We are all fans and all concerned about the future of the club. There will be fans that let their frustrations get the better of them.

I don't think isolating them from the debate does fan unity any favours. Making the 10000 hrs Q&A on the fishal site read only was also an own goal.

The last communications from 10000 hrs have been scaremongering about administration and redundancies straight after scaremongering about foreign bidders to try and ramp up the dd mandates. SInce then we've had an update that failed to register an apology to the fans that were concerned by the level of scaremongering not to mention the fact that many fans feel they were actively misled by the selling consortium and 10000 hrs.

Fans are still concerned about the level of funding available to support the club, but nothing is said in defence of that. That is hardly providing any comfort or relief for fans genuinely concerned about the future of their club. I remember when the CIC was supposed to be all about the fans and the community and growing SMFC. Now it appears to be a power grab with the fans being the last consideration on the minds of 10000 hrs.

This site has a long and proud history of speaking out when the fishal site was trying to gag any negativity towards the SMFC Boardroom. Are we starting to see B&WArmy become the fishal site for the 10000 hrs Boardroom?

Pozbaird is a ginger - I'm sure he's had worse than a lightweight accusation about "lining his pockets". Give a fellow St Mirren supporter a one week ban and explain why the comment was unacceptable....if he comes back again and repeats the allegation then ban him......from the follow up it looks like no one is taking it seriously...no harm done.

Even even keeled supporters like NorthEndSaint are starting to become frazzled by the 10000 hrs bollox. Better everyone is allowed to vent online within reason.

I said it a long time ago...the fans need leadership at this point and all they have is silence - it was the same when SG refused to comment on scumgers...when he did it was met with great applause....sadly we were soon to discover the reality behind the silence.....what reality lurks behind the silence of 10000 hrs. I'm very concerned about what 10000 hrs could do to the club. Others will be the same. Attacking people for having concerns about their club......not the type of leadership I am looking for from 10000 hrs.

Guest somner9

Personal squabbles and St Mirren fans getting banned from THE FANS forum......supporters haven't caused this, it is the selling consortium and 10000 hrs. And still no argument being made in defence of the the scheme.

The issue is not how fans are treating each other...the issue is how the selling consortium and 10000 hrs are treating the fans. The frustrations on both side of the selling consortium / 10000 hrs created divide are getting higher as peoples concerns are not being addressed - that applies to fans that have signed up as well as fans that haven't. We are all fans and all concerned about the future of the club. There will be fans that let their frustrations get the better of them.

I don't think isolating them from the debate does fan unity any favours. Making the 10000 hrs Q&A on the fishal site read only was also an own goal.

The last communications from 10000 hrs have been scaremongering about administration and redundancies straight after scaremongering about foreign bidders to try and ramp up the dd mandates. SInce then we've had an update that failed to register an apology to the fans that were concerned by the level of scaremongering not to mention the fact that many fans feel they were actively misled by the selling consortium and 10000 hrs.

Fans are still concerned about the level of funding available to support the club, but nothing is said in defence of that. That is hardly providing any comfort or relief for fans genuinely concerned about the future of their club. I remember when the CIC was supposed to be all about the fans and the community and growing SMFC. Now it appears to be a power grab with the fans being the last consideration on the minds of 10000 hrs.

This site has a long and proud history of speaking out when the fishal site was trying to gag any negativity towards the SMFC Boardroom. Are we starting to see B&WArmy become the fishal site for the 10000 hrs Boardroom?

Pozbaird is a ginger - I'm sure he's had worse than a lightweight accusation about "lining his pockets". Give a fellow St Mirren supporter a one week ban and explain why the comment was unacceptable....if he comes back again and repeats the allegation then ban him......from the follow up it looks like no one is taking it seriously...no harm done.

Even even keeled supporters like NorthEndSaint are starting to become frazzled by the 10000 hrs bollox. Better everyone is allowed to vent online within reason.

I said it a long time ago...the fans need leadership at this point and all they have is silence - it was the same when SG refused to comment on scumgers...when he did it was met with great applause....sadly we were soon to discover the reality behind the silence.....what reality lurks behind the silence of 10000 hrs. I'm very concerned about what 10000 hrs could do to the club. Others will be the same. Attacking people for having concerns about their club......not the type of leadership I am looking for from 10000 hrs.

It is an observation I made way. way back. The group that 10000 hours spoke to and engaged with (in piss poor fashion) last! was the fans..... Now after their many failures, rejections and inability to source a single meaningful contribution from any community or social funder (I don't count bank loans, thats a business deal, which the FANS will have to pay back) they are left with the FANS being the only contributors to their bid.....

They treated the fans with contempt from the outset, now they want to silence anyone who highlights their inadequacies. On top of that they want the fans to pay for GLS's worthless shares, how the f**k does that help SMFC???

If they manage to closs the deal, they'll be no toleration of 'Fan-Boy' ownership after we've bailed their sorry asses out. As saints fans and the backers we can sort the 'Wheat from the Chaff' once we are over the line.

I take great offence to that. The forum has allowed free speech from everyone on all aspects of the sale. If you look at most of the topics on the "St.Mirren for sale" section they are absolutely dominated by yourself and Somner. There has not been a single post removed, or edited by anyone on the site in the Sale section of the forum, despite many potentially slanderous posts being made by certain individuals.

The banning of Charles last night was after he posted slanderous remarks about both myself and Poz and refused to take them back despite having zero evidence to support his wild accusations.

I don't mind getting abuse, but I'm not going to have someone using my own forum to spread lies about me, he has had warnings before, he's been banned twice previously and warned repeatedly about his conduct on the forum. I'm not taking it any more and that's got nothing to do with the sale of the club or 10000Hours.

Perthshiresfavouriteson or whatever he was called was banned because we had half a dozen complaints about posts he had made all from different posters. Enough is enough, we loosely moderate the board but there is still a line and if it's crossed I will take action to protect the forum and myself.

I'm refusing to get into any more debate with yourself and Somner on the sale of the club, it's utterly pointless.

End of rant.

The group that 10000 hours spoke to and engaged with (in piss poor fashion) last! was the fans.....

Not early on....they did quite a bit of work with initial engagement with supporters associations, supporters buses, selected fans and then at public meetings. At that point they were apparently also involved with numerous community groups and of course the corporate members......

The social funders didn't come to fruition....it was the last the supporters buses heard from them....SMiSA famously complained about being left without responses to their concerns for months, which they duly got an apology for.......the community groups have all but disappeared from communication regarding the CIC and the corporate members turned their backs on it when asked to pay £25K.

We have never seen any of the social funders attend a meeting.....no corporate supporter has broken cover - commercial confidentiality......it looks like a house of cards built on scaremongering fans into direct debits and worse £3K for a 1987 membership. Beyond that I see no substance or financial backing for the scheme.

I take great offence to that. The forum has allowed free speech from everyone on all aspects of the sale. If you look at most of the topics on the "St.Mirren for sale" section they are absolutely dominated by yourself and Somner. There has not been a single post removed, or edited by anyone on the site in the Sale section of the forum, despite many potentially slanderous posts being made by certain individuals.

The banning of Charles last night was after he posted slanderous remarks about both myself and Poz and refused to take them back despite having zero evidence to support his wild accusations.

I don't mind getting abuse, but I'm not going to have someone using my own forum to spread lies about me, he has had warnings before, he's been banned twice previously and warned repeatedly about his conduct on the forum. I'm not taking it any more and that's got nothing to do with the sale of the club or 10000Hours.

Perthshiresfavouriteson or whatever he was called was banned because we had half a dozen complaints about posts he had made all from different posters. Enough is enough, we loosely moderate the board but there is still a line and if it's crossed I will take action to protect the forum and myself.

I'm refusing to get into any more debate with yourself and Somner on the sale of the club, it's utterly pointless.

End of rant.

No complaints on the perthshire aliases.

I do think you should take a wee bit of time to consider "Charles" - dunno why you have chosen to use his real name, if this is his real name. Part of the fun of the forum is anonymity and if you intend to start blowing peoples aliases out of the water whenever it suits you it will remove part of the fun of an unofficial forum.

If anything your response to an alias called DickSlexia is over the top. Nobody was paying any attention to it. I never even noticed it until pozbaird spat the dummy out about it. It will now be one of the most talked about topics offline. Dunno why anyone would react to a poster called "Dickslexia" as being a serious slander on them.

Like I say everyone is concerned about what is going on with 10000 hrs one way or another and frustrations and emotions are running high, hence statements like "I take great offence to that". There is no offence intended and I suspect you will know that if you consider it for all of two seconds.

Guest somner9

Not early on....they did quite a bit of work with initial engagement with supporters associations, supporters buses, selected fans and then at public meetings. At that point they were apparently also involved with numerous community groups and of course the corporate members......

The social funders didn't come to fruition....it was the last the supporters buses heard from them....SMiSA famously complained about being left without responses to their concerns for months, which they duly got an apology for.......the community groups have all but disappeared from communication regarding the CIC and the corporate members turned their backs on it when asked to pay £25K.

We have never seen any of the social funders attend a meeting.....no corporate supporter has broken cover - commercial confidentiality......it looks like a house of cards built on scaremongering fans into direct debits and worse £3K for a 1987 membership. Beyond that I see no substance or financial backing for the scheme.

You're wrong on a critical point there sid. the group that 10000 engaged with last in their initial bid was the fans (supporters clubs, open meetings etc). It's come back to bite their asses now as it's only the fans left backing their bid. they have failed spectacularly to deliver one... just one social funder or significant backer. and they want the fans now to give GLS money for his worthless tranch of shares.

Aren't we special, being ALLOWED to post opinion that contradicts an outfit who have promised saints fans the world, but struggle to get the Big Issue to lend them a quid! good job 10000 hours don't sit on the board of smfc as they'd be forced to do the honourable thing and resign given all their failures.......err hang on...damn they are on the board.

Edit: does that mean we are all on the board???? yee-hee let the SRTB fest begin.

Edited by somner9

You're wrong on a critical point there sid. the group that 10000 engaged with last in their initial bid was the fans (supporters clubs, open meetings etc). It's come back to bite their asses now as it's only the fans left backing their bid. they have failed spectacularly to deliver one... just one social funder or significant backer. and they want the fans now to give GLS money for his worthless tranch of shares.

Aren't we special, being ALLOWED to post opinion that contradicts an outfit who have promised saints fans the world, but struggle to get the Big Issue to lend them a quid! good job 10000 hours don't sit on the board of smfc as they'd be forced to do the honourable thing and resign given all their failures.......err hang on...damn they are on the board.

Edit: does that mean we are all on the board???? yee-hee let the SRTB fest begin.

We're sort of in agreement.....it is the nature of the engagement with fans that has been the issue. Assuming that assumptions about the engagement with community groups, corporate targets, social funders, etc has actually been any better. Remember that hasn't been a rip roaring success either - in fact their only success appears to have been with the fans despite the poor communication.

Sid! You are talking even more rubbish than usual. No matter what your feelings about 10000 Hours or other fans' opinions, the only person who can be held responsible for abusive posts is the individual poster. If he/she cannot express his/her opinion without resorting to abuse, banning/suspension is justified.

Guest somner9

We're sort of in agreement.....it is the nature of the engagement with fans that has been the issue. Assuming that assumptions about the engagement with community groups, corporate targets, social funders, etc has actually been any better. Remember that hasn't been a rip roaring success either - in fact their only success appears to have been with the fans despite the poor communication.

Agreed...or not..or mibbaes

Anyway as we are all 10000 Hours expect a bit of a squeeze in the directors box at the next home game as 1050 fat bastards jockey for a seat next to SGG

Edited by somner9

No complaints on the perthshire aliases.

I do think you should take a wee bit of time to consider "Charles" - dunno why you have chosen to use his real name, if this is his real name. Part of the fun of the forum is anonymity and if you intend to start blowing peoples aliases out of the water whenever it suits you it will remove part of the fun of an unofficial forum.

On the contrary, John.

Part of the fun is outing people who hide behind their user namessmile.png

Edited by Drew

I'm sorry to see anyone handed a forum ban, and I'll take every ginger joke going (me, Sammy & Jon Robertson will give you a doing), but I asked 'Dick' three times last night to explain his 'lining their pockets' accusation, and to simply retract it. He chose not to - so there's not a lot I can do about what subsequently happened. If 'Dick' had asked if I have been paid for any of my work, or if I'd been given some sort of freebies - or whatever, I would simply have answered his question and not blinked an eyelid. 'Lining our pockets' suggested something else entirely, as I'm sure 99.9% of posters using this site understand.

Mon' the gingers. Gie's another Danny. phone.gif

Edited by pozbaird

Guest somner9

I'm sorry to see anyone handed a forum ban, and I'll take every ginger joke going (me, Sammy & Jon Robertson will give you a doing), but I asked 'Dick' three times last night to explain his 'lining their pockets' accusation, and to simply retract it. He chose not to - so there's not a lot I can do about what subsequently happened. If 'Dick' had asked if I have been paid for any of my work, or if I'd been given some sort of freebies - or whatever, I would simply have answered his question and not blinked an eyelid. 'Lining our pockets' suggested something else entirely, as I'm sure 99.9% of posters using this site understand.

Mon' the gingers. Gie's another Danny. phone.gif

Interesting!

Cause when i cited someone for inciting racial (Doh) religious hatred and accusing me (without foundation) of bigotry! I never even got an acknowledgement from the Mods. Still i suppose compared to being called a Ging-er, racial religious hatred and Bigotry is small beer.whistling.gif

Edited by somner9

Interesting!

Cause when i cited someone for inciting racial hatred and accusing me (without foundation) of bigotry! I never even got an acknowledgement from the Mods. Still i suppose compared to being called a Ging-er, racial hatred and Bigotry is small beer.whistling.gif

The difference is you are a bigot as was shown in your attitude to a religious organisation operating out of Greenhill Road.

Interesting!

Cause when i cited someone for inciting racial hatred and accusing me (without foundation) of bigotry! I never even got an acknowledgement from the Mods. Still i suppose compared to being called a Ging-er, racial hatred and Bigotry is small beer.whistling.gif

Take it up with the moderators then. I never reported 'Dick' to the mods', nor was I going to. I asked the bloke directly to withdraw his allegation, but I was never going to demand action be taken against him. I was quite prepared to set him to 'ignore' and let him crack on with making a complete and utter idiot of himself.

Take it up with the moderators then. I never reported 'Dick' to the mods', nor was I going to. I asked the bloke directly to withdraw his allegation, but I was never going to demand action be taken against him. I was quite prepared to set him to 'ignore' and let him crack on with making a complete and utter idiot of himself.

I've got a few wanks on IGNORE for that very reason.

Life's much simpler and more pleasant. :)

Guest somner9

Errr... I did

Guest somner9

Erm, well done.

Thanks.

I asked my solicitor what chance i'd have in a civil case of sorting said 'Bigot accuser' out in court. he advised like most civil cases which involve personal/professional reputation you could get what you'd class as a win, but in the end will it mean anything to you?

He did say though to ask for it to be taken up (especially with the new laws in scotland) o a criminal basis you need to main elements to have a chance of proceedings.

1: make sure you have reported it (if applicable) to the relevant bodies - Tick!

2: one off accusations are never treated seriously, however if your accuser is persistent, to the point of harrasment! (trolling on an internet site is recognised as such) then you have a sound footing and the relevant body if they have not acted could be deemed complicit - (looks like a tick for both)

Then again what do i knowwhistling.gif

If you used the report button then the issue will be in the complaints console. I will be able to see what was done about it through there.

Can you give me the date you reported the issue on please and I will review the ticket ?

Thanks.

I asked my solicitor what chance i'd have in a civil case of sorting said 'Bigot accuser' out in court. he advised like most civil cases which involve personal/professional reputation you could get what you'd class as a win, but in the end will it mean anything to you?

He did say though to ask for it to be taken up (especially with the new laws in scotland) o a criminal basis you need to main elements to have a chance of proceedings.

1: make sure you have reported it (if applicable) to the relevant bodies - Tick!

2: one off accusations are never treated seriously, however if your accuser is persistent, to the point of harrasment! (trolling on an internet site is recognised as such) then you have a sound footing and the relevant body if they have not acted could be deemed complicit - (looks like a tick for both)

Given that you post on here anonymously, how could anything posted on here possibly affect your personal or professional reputation as referred to in the Defamation (Scotland) Act 1954 (as amended)?

Thanks.

So for someone who regularly goes on about not attacking fellow Saints fans on the forum (although you seem happy enough to take personal potshots at REA and also the 10000Hours team), you've actually gone as far as contacting your solicitor with a view to taking legal action against other forum users holding a different opinion from you?

Guest somner9

If you used the report button then the issue will be in the complaints console. I will be able to see what was done about it through there.

Can you give me the date you reported the issue on please and I will review the ticket ?

quote name='somner9' timestamp='1337027113' post='957555']

Bigoted and Threatening behaviour reported!