Shugie Murray @ Firhill

dave.j

First time i've seen him in the Jags colours, on Saturday, and have to say he was outstanding. You know that way, when you watch someone and they are just night n day above everyone else on the park?

Everything went through him, he was always available for a pass and kept it simple, putting in some great tackles.

Exactly what we have been missing, if you imagine how Lambert played for Celtic, this is what he was doing for us.

and to add to it all, i was outside the Star n Garter around 6pm having a fag, the big man drove past in a silver VW Golf with a couple of other players, window down, tootin the horn, punching the air with a big grin on his face.

Still buzzing about his goal line clearance to keep them out the game... check out the 5th last to 2nd last pics to get an idea...

scroll down this page to see it...

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6065&Itemid=320

I don't think anyone was in any doubt that he was still good enough to be a top 1st division player. If Thistle had problems with being over run in midfield last year then that will come to an end this season. Shuggie loves skelping people and putting wee fannies in their place (see Ian Black).

First time i've seen him in the Jags colours, on Saturday, and have to say he was outstanding. You know that way, when you watch someone and they are just night n day above everyone else on the park?

Everything went through him, he was always available for a pass and kept it simple, putting in some great tackles.

Exactly what we have been missing, if you imagine how Lambert played for Celtic, this is what he was doing for us.

and to add to it all, i was outside the Star n Garter around 6pm having a fag, the big man drove past in a silver VW Golf with a couple of other players, window down, tootin the horn, punching the air with a big grin on his face.

Still buzzing about his goal line clearance to keep them out the game... check out the 5th last to 2nd last pics to get an idea...

scroll down this page to see it...

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6065&Itemid=320

You shouldnae be smoking.

I always thought Shuggie would finish his career at StMirren, but obviously he still felt he could play at a decent level and wasn't getting the playing time with us when he was fit anymore. There is no doubt he will be a big player for Thistle this season if he can stay fit.

Edited by smfc1877

I always thought Shuggie would finish his career at StMirren, but obviously he still felt he could play at a decent level and wasn't getting the playing time with us when he was fit anymore. There is no doubt he will be a big player for Thistle this season if he can stay fit.

Dont think hes injury prone in all his years at Saints i think the last bad injury was his worse in 15 odd years.

Shuggie was my wee nephews hero and he wasn't at his last game because of holiday. One time he was mascot Phil asked him the score an his reply was Hugh Murray.

We met him at Blair Drummond Safari Park last week and the wee man clocked him.

"Hugh, Hugh" he whispered. I said "shout on him, go talk to him".

"HUGH" he shouts and runs over. Shug as always couldn't be any nicer.

"Why did you leave for Partick Thistle" says Adam with the sad face. "St Mirren didn't want me any more" replies Shug.

Top bloke and Adam was over the moon he got to say goodbye.

All the best Shug.

watch the number 10 in this video from about 30 secs in, for the next 2 mins. always available, keeping the ball moving. some player this boy.

http://ptfc.co.uk/me...rmline_athletic

You're almost as good as us at that passing it about aimlessly malarky. :lol: Though yours was more effective as it involved Shuggie Murray and ended in a goal. :)

over at the folks last night for dinner... yet again my dad starts his shuggie chat, to say he has a new hero, would be an understatement.

apparently the wee guy beside him moaned that shug put in a tough challenge out on the touchline against one of the falkirk players, you know the one, nothing happenning, boy shielding the ball, trying to win falkirk a through in and shug put him on the deck...

my dad said... Alec, there's nothing wrong wi giving him a wee kick, he's just letting him know he's still there and he's not going to give him a minute, when was the last time we had that?

by the end of the game, my dad kept nudging him in the ribs, saying.... so, are ye still missing Paul Cairney, the boy Murrays no bad eh?

over at the folks last night for dinner... yet again my dad starts his shuggie chat, to say he has a new hero, would be an understatement.

apparently the wee guy beside him moaned that shug put in a tough challenge out on the touchline against one of the falkirk players, you know the one, nothing happenning, boy shielding the ball, trying to win falkirk a through in and shug put him on the deck...

my dad said... Alec, there's nothing wrong wi giving him a wee kick, he's just letting him know he's still there and he's not going to give him a minute, when was the last time we had that?

by the end of the game, my dad kept nudging him in the ribs, saying.... so, are ye still missing Paul Cairney, the boy Murrays no bad eh?

We could've done with him on Saturday to put Cairney and his pals in their place. :(

If Shuggie was to win the First Division, would he become the only player to have won it three times in the current Scottish league format? Any historians out there help on this one?

Bloody disgrace that Shuggie is playing for Partick Thistle and we are stuck with an imposter like Jim Goodwin who hasn´t bothered his arse since he got a new contract and can´t keep his trap shut about how wonderful the Old Firm are!!

That is all I have to say.

Bloody disgrace that Shuggie is playing for Partick Thistle and we are stuck with an imposter like Jim Goodwin who hasn´t bothered his arse since he got a new contract and can´t keep his trap shut about how wonderful the Old Firm are!!

You need say no more.

Great post Sir !

Guest somner9

Funny coincidence that, JG making those 'i miss scumgers' comments when they are loading their squad with ol'lazy bastards.