Shugie Murray @ Firhill

dave.j

get chris erskine signed up never seen him before but major impressed with him set up one and scored 2 looks a cracking player

Spot on my thoughts exactly, however I think he is out of our budget. This lad is destined for bigger and better things.

get chris erskine signed up never seen him before but major impressed with him set up one and scored 2 looks a cracking player

Aye, that's what to do. Sign a player who you've watched once against a woeful Raith side.

Kris Doolan is a player Danny has been tracking for the last 2 seasons, wouldn't be too surprised if we tried to sign him on a pre-contract.

Watched the game on the TV last night after attending.

I thought at the time, we were rotten in the first half, possibly the worst we have played all season. Reckon jackie gave them a doing at half time as we were too slow on the ball and not attacking quick enough.

It just shows you how good a manager he is becoming when he sends the same 11 out for the second half and they play like a new team.

Erskine had a great second half after a first half where nothing came off for him. He's a spiting image of Denis McQuade, infuriating at times, can beat 10 outfield players (twice) then pump a cross ball half way down Firhill Road! The way he has progressed through pre season, for a guy who is left footed is great to see, Fans get on his back too easily and there are still folk calling him a luxury player and that he shouldn't be starting, the guys our second top scorer and has had an assist in every other goal scored!

Murray was quite poor by his standards yesterday, a lot of stuff just didn't come off. But he does the basics so so well, is always available for a pass and just keeps the ball moving.

For me, the stand out has been Paul Paton, the boy was honking at right back, horribly one footed with shockingly bad distribuition. Jackie has turned him into a tough tackling ball playing holding midfielder. don't get me wrong, for the third goal, his cross just after his corner on the left wing was terrible, and let them counter attack. But he chased the ball back and across to the opposite side of the pitch to win a beast of a tackle, keep the ball under control and ping a cross field pass into space and right onto Erskine's boot.

Wee Bannigan at left back came through our youth ranks and is more of a holding midfielder, and a great one at that. But it shows the level he is playing at when he is keeping our first choice left back, Aaron Sinclair, out the team.

Muirhead at centre half has been a great signing, we picked him up from Annan Athletic and the boy is cruising through the first division. It shows how good our scouting network is and you cant praise Bobby Dinnie enough, the guy has been one of the best scouts in Scotland for the last 40 years.

Wee Lawless and Welsh in midfield were picked up from Motherwell and Hibs and are looking like great additions, as is Craig, from County, on loan. The boys scored 3 goals in two games and has yet to complete a full 90 minutes.

A lot of factors probably played a part in this:

Game live on Alba.

Game on a Sunday.

Game on the day after an international.

Game was a Challenge Cup match.

As it was a cup game, u16's had to pay to get in, instead of the usual free entry.

All in raith brought a shockingly bad away support, lucky if it was 150 considering they too have had a good start.

Thistle fans still talk down the challenge cup, which i totally disagree with, calling any competition a micky mouse cup reeks of Old Firm attitude. Plus the fact we have never made the final, never mind win it. I would love us to win it.

Alba's coverage was first class, irrespective of the gaelic and Billy Brown. their half time features were worthwhile viewing.

Sunday transport probably had an effect, also the fact everyone would have watched or attended the Scotland game, gave folk the easy option of just watching it on the TV.

The jags behind the goal (singing section) was again at the 200 mark, a constant level all season, which is a positive to take as it was only introduced at the start of this season. if we aren't seeing a drop, regardless of the opposition, then numbers will only go up. a great start considering we aimed to get 50 in and work up from there.

We aim to break even every year, budgets are built on a home gate of 2500 per game in the league, any cup income is a bonus.

On a plus side, a crowd of under 16's turned up looking to get in for free with their "free season tickets" and turned back when they got to the gate and realised they had to pay in... Luckily the associate director who heads up OneThistle spotted them and ushered them in the Police gate for free... as he said to the police, if you recognise them as local trouble makers... id rather have them in here causing trouble, where you can watch them, than up on the canal where anything could happen... the police moaned at him letting them in for free, so he said.... if you are going to make an issue of this, i'll pay for them myself.

A lot of factors probably played a part in this:

Game live on Alba.

Game on a Sunday.

Game on the day after an international.

Game was a Challenge Cup match.

As it was a cup game, u16's had to pay to get in, instead of the usual free entry.

All in raith brought a shockingly bad away support, lucky if it was 150 considering they too have had a good start.

Thistle fans still talk down the challenge cup, which i totally disagree with, calling any competition a micky mouse cup reeks of Old Firm attitude. Plus the fact we have never made the final, never mind win it. I would love us to win it.

Alba's coverage was first class, irrespective of the gaelic and Billy Brown. their half time features were worthwhile viewing.

Sunday transport probably had an effect, also the fact everyone would have watched or attended the Scotland game, gave folk the easy option of just watching it on the TV.

The jags behind the goal (singing section) was again at the 200 mark, a constant level all season, which is a positive to take as it was only introduced at the start of this season. if we aren't seeing a drop, regardless of the opposition, then numbers will only go up. a great start considering we aimed to get 50 in and work up from there.

We aim to break even every year, budgets are built on a home gate of 2500 per game in the league, any cup income is a bonus.

On a plus side, a crowd of under 16's turned up looking to get in for free with their "free season tickets" and turned back when they got to the gate and realised they had to pay in... Luckily the associate director who heads up OneThistle spotted them and ushered them in the Police gate for free... as he said to the police, if you recognise them as local trouble makers... id rather have them in here causing trouble, where you can watch them, than up on the canal where anything could happen... the police moaned at him letting them in for free, so he said.... if you are going to make an issue of this, i'll pay for them myself.

Can't highlight the bit on my phone, but the last part of your post is tip top.