Shugie Murray @ Firhill

dave.j

Correct.

I wished i'd known this... i wouldn't have attended those 10 st mirren games last year... i wouldn't have brought my dad to the hearts cup replay.

Thankfully now i have your wisdom, i can confirm to the mrs and her family that i wont be taking my daughter and any potential future weans to see st mirren and they will go to Firhill.

of course i could completely disagree with you and say that you are talking complete sh!te and your opinion is either that of a WUM or someone who hasn't got a clue... But then, to do that would probably sit me in the majority.

I wished i'd known this... i wouldn't have attended those 10 st mirren games last year... i wouldn't have brought my dad to the hearts cup replay.

Thankfully now i have your wisdom, i can confirm to the mrs and her family that i wont be taking my daughter and any potential future weans to see st mirren and they will go to Firhill.

of course i could completely disagree with you and say that you are talking complete sh!te and your opinion is either that of a WUM or someone who hasn't got a clue... But then, to do that would probably sit me in the majority.

That's great thanks for the update.

Shuggie plays for another team now ffs move on folks! Paying money to another team to see him play is pathetic!

Whats up lovestreet

Just put my oldest son back down to uni.

International weekend so no Saints game - if Saints had been playing we would both have been there.

Took in the Scotland game and took advantage of the Thistle game being played on the sunday to go to Firhill for the first time. The fact that Shuggie was playing was a bonus.

It's got eff all to do with anybody how I spend my hard earned cash and the only pathetic thing is your comment above.

A lot of factors probably played a part in this:

Game live on Alba.

Game on a Sunday.

Game on the day after an international.

Game was a Challenge Cup match.

As it was a cup game, u16's had to pay to get in, instead of the usual free entry.

All in raith brought a shockingly bad away support, lucky if it was 150 considering they too have had a good start.

Thistle fans still talk down the challenge cup, which i totally disagree with, calling any competition a micky mouse cup reeks of Old Firm attitude. Plus the fact we have never made the final, never mind win it. I would love us to win it.

Alba's coverage was first class, irrespective of the gaelic and Billy Brown. their half time features were worthwhile viewing.

Sunday transport probably had an effect, also the fact everyone would have watched or attended the Scotland game, gave folk the easy option of just watching it on the TV.

The jags behind the goal (singing section) was again at the 200 mark, a constant level all season, which is a positive to take as it was only introduced at the start of this season. if we aren't seeing a drop, regardless of the opposition, then numbers will only go up. a great start considering we aimed to get 50 in and work up from there.

We aim to break even every year, budgets are built on a home gate of 2500 per game in the league, any cup income is a bonus.

On a plus side, a crowd of under 16's turned up looking to get in for free with their "free season tickets" and turned back when they got to the gate and realised they had to pay in... Luckily the associate director who heads up OneThistle spotted them and ushered them in the Police gate for free... as he said to the police, if you recognise them as local trouble makers... id rather have them in here causing trouble, where you can watch them, than up on the canal where anything could happen... the police moaned at him letting them in for free, so he said.... if you are going to make an issue of this, i'll pay for them myself.

Fantastic thumbup2.gif

• 1 year later...

Last game for the sons of the rock was coming on with 15 to go to see out a win against Morton.

Currently on trial at Hamilton,

One of the best players I've seen at Firhill, regardless of his red cards. His influence and experience helped as win the league.

I met him two or 3 times through the season and he was a gent.

At the start of last season McNamara was telling the squad he'd be happy to take 4 points from our first two games. Shuggie stood up and said no, we go out and win our first two, then we win every week after that, we lay down a marker to every other team in the league and let them know we are the team to beat, we make teams fear us.

f**kin legend!

Last game for the sons of the rock was coming on with 15 to go to see out a win against Morton.

Currently on trial at Hamilton,

One of the best players I've seen at Firhill, regardless of his red cards. His influence and experience helped as win the league.

I met him two or 3 times through the season and he was a gent.

At the start of last season McNamara was telling the squad he'd be happy to take 4 points from our first two games. Shuggie stood up and said no, we go out and win our first two, then we win every week after that, we lay down a marker to every other team in the league and let them know we are the team to beat, we make teams fear us.

f**kin legend!

Great to hear as it wasn't good to hear the negative stuff about him.

Shuggy for Saints Manager (when his time comes obviously).