Update From 10000Hours

div

http://www.10000hours.org/news/192-10000hours-update

Firstly, we would like to apologise for the lack of communication over the last three weeks.

On an almost daily basis we had been expecting the football club to get more information on how much and when it would receive its SPL payments.

We have been informed today that these issues have now been resolved, thankfully with very little effect on the cash flow or income of the club.

While our funders are still supportive of our bid they, understandably, want us to re-submit all the up to date information for their approval.

We will be continuing this process in the background, however, we do not feel it is fair to either our members or the selling consortium to wait any longer to try and conclude the deal as the next direct debit date of August 31st rapidly approaches.

We have therefore intimated to the selling consortium that we will be submitting a new bid based on our revised cash flow forecasts tomorrow, Friday 24th August.

Nite that we have already contacted Go Cardless and delayed all membership direct debits to September 30th so no money will be taken from any member accounts this month.

The Nero Blanco fund was started to assist the club if it was required. They were aware we had the money in our account and have today confirmed they will not need any assistance.

The amount eventually raised was £1,500.00.

We would welcome suggestions from our members as to how the money can be best used. If you are a non member and contributed to the fund we would value your ideas as well. Please e-mail [email protected] with your suggestions.

Just my opinion.....There never has been a competitive bid against 10000Hrs which would see St Mirren continue in the SPL. The Ken McGeoch bid was designed to transfer our share to Rangers and for £2 Million would have seen us playing in the 3rd div at best. SG deserves great credit for killing this deal as he could have sold then said he was "Duped".

It's great to tell people there are many others interested in buying your house when driving the price up but when the only buyer has not got the money then it's a failed exercise. This is where we are. Chad Hogan is fiction made up and sent to the daily mail (scum paper!) by whom i can only guess.

We need to move forward on this forum and say enough Is enough!.....10000Hrs have failed....(another apology for lack of Info! ffs)....Too big for you REA....I'll stick with the BOD if you don't mind.

With regard to the last paragraph, I just suggested in an e-mail that we spend the £1500 quid buying some stock for the shop, if anyone else thinks this might be a good use of it you could e-mail as well.

I'm not a member any more and didn't contribute so my suggestion is completely invalid, but I would have suggested 10000hours show their community credentials and contact three local groups to offer £500 worth of sponsorship each. Maybe sponsoring a set of strips for three teams from either Paisley, Renfrew, Erskine or Barrhead. It would be a good start towards fostering much better links between St Mirren and local juvenile football clubs.

Wonder how long the selling consortium will take to mull over the offer? I would think that the offer being made tomorrow won't have changed much from the offer in June so they should probably have a pretty good idea what it is going to be. Could it be a case of shaking hands tomorrow and the sale goes through? Doubtful since the DD drawdowns have been pushed back a month but it would be nice to bring some closure to this whole affair.

10000 hours have proven themselves to lack decorum & basic communication skills.

It appears, they think apology after apology after apology will suffice for their failure in communicating with a primary financial backer {the members} & expect evetyone to carry on as if that is acceptable. It's not.

Since I have lost the last shreds of faith that I had in 10000 hours, my DD will remain cancelled.

3 weeks lack of info?Who are they kidding?

So bo

10000 hours have proven themselves to lack decorum & basic communication skills.

It appears, they think apology after apology after apology will suffice for their failure in communicating with a primary financial backer {the members} & expect evetyone to carry on as if that is acceptable. It's not.

Since I have lost the last shreds of faith that I had in 10000 hours, my DD will remain cancelled.

Good post Buddie.....I agree 100%

Dragging on a bit eh? Poor show from the all round in regards to communication with the fans...

To be fair It was always going to be a tough task but the failures from 10000Hrs are many. There were many outside factors which they could never control but .....They have shown themselves up as a poor communication body which is unforgivable. Fan ownership is the only way forward....but this one has failed .

I'm not really sure why they apologised for the lack of information over the last 3 weeks. There doesn't appear to have been any information to give. We were waiting for the SPL to get their finger out and pay the prize money and waiting for the whole rangers thing to sort itself out. They have come out with information on the day that the SPL has paid out 50% of the cash but earlier communication would have had zero useful information.

I'm not really sure why they apologised for the lack of information over the last 3 weeks. There doesn't appear to have been any information to give. We were waiting for the SPL to get their finger out and pay the prize money and waiting for the whole rangers thing to sort itself out. They have come out with information on the day that the SPL has paid out 50% of the cash but earlier communication would have had zero useful information.

That's all fine and dandy BOW but once you get people involved in something you have to keep them involved.People like to think they're part of something and they'll only feel that way if you keep communicating with them.To have zero communication,either by e-mail or even a wee message on the 10000hrs web site,is nothing short of scandalous.Would it have been too much of a hassle to say something like "We have nothing new to tell you.The Club are still waiting on news of when payment is going to be made and when they receive that news we'll be back in touch"?A simple e-mail that tells people nothing they don't already know but keeps them involved.

I'm beginning to wonder if I want to be involved with people who don't think I'm worth communicating with.thumbdown.gif

Like when the board issued a statement saying that they would be making no statement? I didn't see the point in it and didn't feel all warm and fussy because of it. It was just frankly confusing and led to speculation and scaremongering.

I'm not saying that 10000hrs have embraced the fans by any means and it would be nice to feel more a part of things but I don't think there is anything to apologise for regarding the last 3 weeks. If people are pulling out of the scheme because they didn't receive and email telling them that nothing is happening then I think they have their priorities a bit mixed up.

My mortgage statement from the bank only comes once a year and I have a lot more cash invested there than I do with 10000hrs. I'm happy with that level of communication.

Like when the board issued a statement saying that they would be making no statement? I didn't see the point in it and didn't feel all warm and fussy because of it. It was just frankly confusing and led to speculation and scaremongering.

I'm not saying that 10000hrs have embraced the fans by any means and it would be nice to feel more a part of things but I don't think there is anything to apologise for regarding the last 3 weeks. If people are pulling out of the scheme because they didn't receive and email telling them that nothing is happening then I think they have their priorities a bit mixed up.

My mortgage statement from the bank only comes once a year and I have a lot more cash invested there than I do with 10000hrs. I'm happy with that level of communication.

That's a poor comparison mate.Your mortgage is already set up and you know exactly where you stand with it.I just feel that 10000hrs have forgotten about the most important people......the Fans.

That's a poor comparison mate.Your mortgage is already set up and you know exactly where you stand with it.I just feel that 10000hrs have forgotten about the most important people......the Fans.

Yeh, the mortgage comparison was a bit of an afterthought. Not really intended to carry any argument through. I'm happy to admit that everything isn't clicking in perfect harmony and I am still holding onto the hope that if we do get this purchase pushed through then we could begin to build some real rapport amongst the members once we actually do have the power of the vote. I think it would be a shame for it fail on the premise of poor communication. That is something that can certainly be worked on and improved and doesn't need to be a show-stopper.

Guest somner9

Too little, too late!

A string of buds willing to back this bid have come on here feeling completely unloved, uninvolved and sceptical at the bogus claims of swathes of multinational sugar daddies waiting to concrete over SMP and turn it into a Walwart.

These good people have said enough is enough and terminated their DD mandates, sadly I'm one of them and the pure coincidence (aye f**king right) of the commercial director bigging himself up in the PDE yet again yesterday when much has been made of all the missed commercial opportunities on here serves to underlie all that is wrong with 10000 hours.

Given the amount of people who have announced they are "OUT" on here, and factoring in the many who don't post here, It's no wonder they are having to submit a revised bid!!! let's get real.... They will not be in a position to offer more!

I hope the selling consortium are pleased with themselves, for it is they and they alone who have allowed this circus of horrors to run for so long!

Too little, too late!

A string of buds willing to back this bid have come on here feeling completely unloved, uninvolved and sceptical at the bogus claims of swathes of multinational sugar daddies waiting to concrete over SMP and turn it into a Walwart.

These good people have said enough is enough and terminated their DD mandates, sadly I'm one of them and the pure coincidence (aye f**king right) of the commercial director bigging himself up in the PDE yet again yesterday when much has been made of all the missed commercial opportunities on here serves to underlie all that is wrong with 10000 hours.

Given the amount of people who have announced they are "OUT" on here, and factoring in the many who don't post here, It's no wonder they are having to submit a revised bid!!! let's get real.... They will not be in a position to offer more!

I hope the selling consortium are pleased with themselves, for it is they and they alone who have allowed this circus of horrors to run for so long!

I would expect them to offer LESS, not more, given the change of circumstances.

Oh, and YOU had a DD mandate????? F*ck's sake - that surprises me. The way you've portayed REA as the Antichrist I would have thought you would keep your hard earned well away from him.biggrin.png

For what its worth, I had signed up for a DD, but I'm swithering now with all the messing about that's been going on. Both the club and 10000 hrs haven't covered themselves in glory whehn it comes to keeping the fans informed or involved.

The Ken McGeoch bid was designed to transfer our share to Rangers and for £2 Million would have seen us playing in the 3rd div at best. SG deserves great credit for killing this deal as he could have sold then said he was "Duped".

I'd be really careful about making that kind of accusation, unless you have proof to back it up. Even SG stopped well short of saying that he even suspected that. He did indulge in a wee bit of insinuation, but it never went beyond that.

as far as we know, K McG is still a saints fan with the best interests of the club at heart, albeit a little misguided in his handling of his bid

The whole sale of the club has been a bit of a disaster from the minute it was announced.

The outgoing board performed miracles for St.Mirren FC (and I include Gordon Scott and Ken McGeoch in that group) and it is a shame that they could not have sold the club quickly as the more this saga has dragged on sadly the more their outstanding legacy is in danger of being tarnished.

The Ken McGeoch saga was bizzarre in the extreme & the ommission of Gordon and Ken from the selling consortium in the first place was always a bit mysterious.

We have had Massone sniffing around the club and we've had the relentless morale sapping saga of 10000Hours which has dragged on and on and on and on and has even ended up creating divisions between the fan base and helping to put the independent supporters association at loggerheads with the club.

It's not been a great period off the park, which is a real shame since the team on the pitch have delivered the best results we've had as a club in decades.

Sooner it's all over the better.