Update From 10000Hours

div

The whole sale of the club has been a bit of a disaster from the minute it was announced.

The outgoing board performed miracles for St.Mirren FC (and I include Gordon Scott and Ken McGeoch in that group) and it is a shame that they could not have sold the club quickly as the more this saga has dragged on sadly the more their outstanding legacy is in danger of being tarnished.

The Ken McGeoch saga was bizzarre in the extreme & the ommission of Gordon and Ken from the selling consortium in the first place was always a bit mysterious.

We have had Massone sniffing around the club and we've had the relentless morale sapping saga of 10000Hours which has dragged on and on and on and on and has even ended up creating divisions between the fan base and helping to put the independent supporters association at loggerheads with the club.

It's not been a great period off the park, which is a real shame since the team on the pitch have delivered the best results we've had as a club in decades.

Sooner it's all over the better.

Amen to that - sums up my feelings perfectly.

Guest somner9

I would expect them to offer LESS, not more, given the change of circumstances.

Oh, and YOU had a DD mandate????? F*ck's sake - that surprises me. The way you've portayed REA as the Antichrist I would have thought you would keep your hard earned well away from him.biggrin.png

For what its worth, I had signed up for a DD, but I'm swithering now with all the messing about that's been going on. Both the club and 10000 hrs haven't covered themselves in glory whehn it comes to keeping the fans informed or involved.

Loving the irony thereosama.gif , but I've never majored on the individual. Careful you'll be accussed of bigotry for that comment!

We have had Massone sniffing around the club.....

I confirmed directly with Massone that he has absolutely no interest in St Mirren and has never made any approach to the club either directly or through a third party. Somebody is spinning you a lot of shite Bud.

I'd be really careful about making that kind of accusation, unless you have proof to back it up. Even SG stopped well short of saying that he even suspected that. He did indulge in a wee bit of insinuation, but it never went beyond that.

as far as we know, K McG is still a saints fan with the best interests of the club at heart, albeit a little misguided in his handling of his bid

After all the scaremongering and general bollox that has been associated with this shambles I don't think any Board member current, past or wannabe (excluding me thumbup2.gif ) has any credibility left. KMG deserves the benefit of the doubt now, especially after we saw he accusers try and get fans to back the newco. We've seen a well enough run club turn into a far fetched episode of Dynasty.

richard replied to me on twitter re progress of bid today all he said was " offer was made today but as we know there are other offers on the table so we will just have to wait and see...................

wonder what the other offers are ....

Hopefully ones that can prove they can support the club financially moving forward.

richard replied to me on twitter re progress of bid today all he said was " offer was made today but as we know there are other offers on the table so we will just have to wait and see...................

wonder what the other offers are ....

the way stories have flown out of St Mirren Park over the summer, those offers is probably the wee brochure from Morrisons or Aldi detailing the buy 3 get 2 free offers.

ther'll be bugger all about buying St Mirren

Edited by Kombi Buddie

without plunging us instantaneously back into large amounts of debt.

exactly......the 10000 hrs bid requires at least £1.5M worth of debt and there doesn't appear to be enough capital / revenue to cover it...as well as there appearing to be not enough cashflow to support the club itself. The last thing we want is the pay off to the selling consortium leaving the club in a weaker position than it is. The idea was supposed to be progression for the club - we only know about one bid and it certainly is not delivering progression....just a change of regime and a helluva lot of debt that they have failed to demonstrate that they can afford.

exactly......the 10000 hrs bid requires at least £1.5M worth of debt and there doesn't appear to be enough capital / revenue to cover it...as well as there appearing to be not enough cashflow to support the club itself. The last thing we want is the pay off to the selling consortium leaving the club in a weaker position than it is. The idea was supposed to be progression for the club - we only know about one bid and it certainly is not delivering progression....just a change of regime and a helluva lot of debt that they have failed to demonstrate that they can afford.

What remains to be seen is just how much in debt (if any) we'd be liable for, if either Massone's or the ex-pat american businessman's bids are accepted.

I'd be really careful about making that kind of accusation, unless you have proof to back it up. Even SG stopped well short of saying that he even suspected that. He did indulge in a wee bit of insinuation, but it never went beyond that.

as far as we know, K McG is still a saints fan with the best interests of the club at heart, albeit a little misguided in his handling of his bid

Ok I'll be "careful"..lol......If you think my view will be be followed up by a lawyers letter then you have no idea of the law.

(1) My ability to influence anything positive/negative on Ken McKG In the big world Is.... Zero...Zilch....Nada. (ie) I have no delusions of grandeur and my posting on BWA will never make enough of a ripple to even awake a low paid sleeping out of work Lawyer.

(2) The coverage on the BBC and comments from our BOD makes this accusation real (no matter the wording) and open to a legal challange which Ken McG said he would do....but didn't.

(3) My guess Is that having looked and heard all the information available then the vast majority of St Mirren fans will agree with my post with the absence of another viable explanation. (please feel free to make one).

Too sum up I respect your right to disagree with my view but I'f you are suggesting I am open to a legal challenge then you are very much mistaken.

Seems Div is on Twitter again kidding on that Angelo Massone is interested in us again.

Dirty tactics, Div, dirty tactics tongue.png

Update just in fae Angelo Massone...."I have no interest in buying St Mirren and Div is just a Craig Hill look-a-likey making up silly stories." lol.gif

Ok I'll be "careful"..lol......If you think my view will be be followed up by a lawyers letter then you have no idea of the law.

(1) My ability to influence anything positive/negative on Ken McKG In the big world Is.... Zero...Zilch....Nada. (ie) I have no delusions of grandeur and my posting on BWA will never make enough of a ripple to even awake a low paid sleeping out of work Lawyer.

(2) The coverage on the BBC and comments from our BOD makes this accusation real (no matter the wording) and open to a legal challange which Ken McG said he would do....but didn't.

(3) My guess Is that having looked and heard all the information available then the vast majority of St Mirren fans will agree with my post with the absence of another viable explanation. (please feel free to make one).

Too sum up I respect your right to disagree with my view but I'f you are suggesting I am open to a legal challenge then you are very much mistaken.

fair enough, your assertion that gossip based on 20% of the facts equals the truth trumps anything i have to offer

fair enough, your assertion that gossip based on 20% of the facts equals the truth trumps anything i have to offer

20% of what facts?......Tell me how the K MG bid made sense and why this bid was made clear as a Rangers share transfer by our BOD. You are in a minority of 3 as far as I can see and Sid (John) has a vested interest through McAusland. Keep it up if you wish but any normal Saints fan will be of sane opinion as myself that Ken McKeoch is a scumbag ex director who tried to make money by selling us out to Rangers,

20% of what facts?......Tell me how the K MG bid made sense and why this bid was made clear as a Rangers share transfer by our BOD. You are in a minority of 3 as far as I can see and Sid (John) has a vested interest through McAusland. Keep it up if you wish but any normal Saints fan will be of sane opinion as myself that Ken McKeoch is a scumbag ex director who tried to make money by selling us out to Rangers,

It has never been proven that McGeoch's bid was a front for dodgy Ibrox activity. It is possible that he simply made a poor choice in terms of lawyers to help him with his bid. This is the sort of scaremongering that has left most fans tired of this takeover, and again we see the spectre of Massone raised. 10000 Hours is dead and no amount of trying to put the frighteners on is going to change that.

It has never been proven that McGeoch's bid was a front for dodgy Ibrox activity. It is possible that he simply made a poor choice in terms of lawyers to help him with his bid. This is the sort of scaremongering that has left most fans tired of this takeover, and again we see the spectre of Massone raised. 10000 Hours is dead and no amount of trying to put the frighteners on is going to change that.

Not interested in any other bids.......Ken McG bid was a Rangers transfer which would have us In the 3rd division. Scumbag of a man and needs to be called out. Your post makes him look like a hero.....shame on you.

Not interested in any other bids.......Ken McG bid was a Rangers transfer which would have us In the 3rd division. Scumbag of a man and needs to be called out. Your post makes him look like a hero.....shame on you.

Think you need to read it again with your sensible head on.rolleyes.gif

The question is....Why does this guy have a place in your heart ?....Why do you defend him?...Why do you make excuces for him?. Why do you not look at the most likely reason for his bid?

Just playing devils advocate that is all. The allegations against McGeoch have never been proven, if they ever are then I'll agree with you. Until then I'm happy to let it lie. Time to move on.