Update From 10000Hours

div

I'm not convinced we do know their motivation. We've had the sales pitch; however the behaviours have been very different. I have seen no evidence whatsoever of us becoming a "community" orientated club. Under 10000 hrs involvement in the club we have seen the club opt for perceived increase in shirt revenues at the expense of service to the community.....we have seen disabled fans getting charged twice for entry and if the latest rumours are true some of the community development staff have been made redundant.

Sid, redundancies are always bad form but you do realise that you do not need to have community development staff on the payroll to engage the local community - don't you? I'm a bit detached from it here now but the NLC football development officers have been using qualified coaches to deliver some of their programme in both schools and in the community for some time now without the need to recruit them directly. The same has been true in other sports like athletics.

I've posted about it on here in the past and how it could work if St Mirren were to develop down that route so there is no point in going back over it again. It makes perfect sense at every level, especially financially, for a senior club to tap into the skills, knowledge and expertise of community groups. All it would take is for the senior football club to put together a package that offers the right incentive.

Anyway I am digressing from the topic so to get it back on track my view is still that 10000hours is the vehicle fans need to deliver long term security for the club. To give a pish analogy it's like me embarking on a journey to Carlisle without a car. The best way to go would be to either hire a limo or just pay for a taxi but that's going to be prohibitively expensive. I could take the train or the bus but again that will cost money and being a cheapskate I don't want to do that either. I could walk but that would take forever, it takes far more effort and even then I'd run the risk of not completing it cause I've got blisters, or perhaps just cause I've got bored. I could just stay at home and not bother but then I'd never get to Carlisle or I could just thumb a lift hitch hike which might come with the risk of being arse raped but I believe I can look after myself. St Mirren fans appear to me to want to secure their clubs future against the threat of bad influences owning the club but they don't appear to have the finances available to buy the 52% shareholding, they don't appear to have the legal expertise to steer a bid through the various minefields, and they want to do it with as little pain as possible. They've tucked the baseball bat up their sleeve - in the form of a load of direct debits - so why not hitch a ride on the back of someone elses work. You might not be in total control of the vehicle but at least it will get you there.

Vetoing anyone elected would be suicide, it was tried at MYFC and Will was basically told where to go. I do realise SMFC may be the prize jewel in 10000 Hours wider operation and have no problem withthat, but there needs to be a ratification vote. I know Richard reads this so I'll just say that it must not and can not be assumed that the members will accept any financial model without seeing it.

Your too late Tsu. If the bid is accepted the selling consortium will be given their cash and 10000 hrs / Bii will be the new owners of SMFC. The BoD will be made up of GLS, REA, Caldwell, REA's mate with the nice legs and Tony F. They can pretty much do what they want with the club at that point. The "draft constitution", which we were told at the public meeting has been used for the purposes of the interim organisation will be in play and through that constitution the fans are powerless. You're making demands too late. The deal will be done and that's when you think its the right time to ask questions about the financial model...1eye.gif

Your too late Tsu. If the bid is accepted the selling consortium will be given their cash and 10000 hrs / Bii will be the new owners of SMFC. The BoD will be made up of GLS, REA, Caldwell, REA's mate with the nice legs and Tony F. They can pretty much do what they want with the club at that point. The "draft constitution", which we were told at the public meeting has been used for the purposes of the interim organisation will be in play and through that constitution the fans are powerless. You're making demands too late. The deal will be done and that's when you think its the right time to ask questions about the financial model...1eye.gif

REA has stated at meetings that everything will be opened up, admittedly that can be construed as either before a final vote or directly after when we all have membership id's and a secure website. That said, I'm not asking for everything...I want to see two main things, the level of debt and to whom plus the clauses any funding party holds over us. We can't have a situation where we all think a funding party is just looking for social return etc, we need to see their get out clauses and what they hold us with.

Not to want to bore you again, BUT, the main financial issues with MYFC/Ebbsfleet, outwith the unsustainable budget, were exactly who and what was being paid back (i.e. installments, soft loans) and the deal we had to take on with Fleet Leisure. I guarantee all those issues, along with spending of ring fenced members fees without a vote, led to a few thousand (at least) deciding to leave and anything like that, i.e. assumption that the deal should just be pushed through then explain, could see the same percentages leaving 10000 Hours...i.e. 200 or 300, which would dent things. That could then lead to more leaving due to doubts over other things, the people in position thinking spin will constantly win the day and important decisions being made without a vote.

I could make all sorts of claims about I'll not join if or I'll leave if, but I know i'm the sort of person who'd put his neck on the line just to try and make this all work. It's, frankly, sad that it appears there are people out there with a bit of knowledge who are looking to rear end this whole thing.

REA has stated at meetings that everything will be opened up, admittedly that can be construed as either before a final vote or directly after when we all have membership id's and a secure website. That said, I'm not asking for everything...I want to see two main things, the level of debt and to whom plus the clauses any funding party holds over us. We can't have a situation where we all think a funding party is just looking for social return etc, we need to see their get out clauses and what they hold us with.

I could make all sorts of claims about I'll not join if or I'll leave if, but I know i'm the sort of person who'd put his neck on the line just to try and make this all work. It's, frankly, sad that it appears there are people out there with a bit of knowledge who are looking to rear end this whole thing.

There's a lot more questions that that need answering. Like I said after the last meeting, the fans were put in a catch 22 situation. They'll be in a worse catch 22 situation should the bid be accepted. We either funds clown shoes x 2's ego trips to run a football club / CIC to the grim death or we stop funding the clown shoes x 2's ego trips and race to the grim death of the club.

If this was any other business venture I would probably be involved for the high risk fun of it. It is not a business venture...it is a club that plays a key part in a lot of good people's lives and already serves a significant purpose in our wider community. They should show us the money or get ti.

Guest somner9

Not to want to bore you again, BUT, the main financial issues with MYFC/Ebbsfleet, outwith the unsustainable budget, were exactly who and what was being paid back (i.e. installments, soft loans) and the deal we had to take on with Fleet Leisure. I guarantee all those issues, along with spending of ring fenced members fees without a vote, led to a few thousand (at least) deciding to leave and anything like that, i.e. assumption that the deal should just be pushed through then explain, could see the same percentages leaving 10000 Hours...i.e. 200 or 300, which would dent things. That could then lead to more leaving due to doubts over other things, the people in position thinking spin will constantly win the day and important decisions being made without a vote.

That after two years!!! for you and a few others to be still hoping that at some point that open and transparent involvement of the people funding the bid will take place really tells you all you need to know about 10000 hours M.O.

They still to this day have not put forward to the investors a credible business plan! is it any wonder all those funders told them to swivel as their threadbare business plans were revealed. They only people with any knowledge on what could happen are the groups 10000 hours are allowing to shamefully make money out of SMFC that the club badly needs.

the commercial manager can't run a f**king shop! I'll show you the photo later but it was shuttered up as i picked up a ticket yesterday!!! matchday!!!!

GLS fair play to him has found a group of mug punters to buy his worthless shares, and get a place on the BoD, all for zero investment, ReA has a job (allegedly) at SMFC, gets to be Director, and invests Zero.... The church group and Kibble get a prime facility, car parking, access etc with a guaranteed footfall of thousands to milk dry in exchange for buttons to the club....

there's your business plan! great business opportunities for everyone except SMFC and the people actually funding 10000 hours bid!

Then there's the spectre of 10000 hours debt exceeding their ability to service it taking the club into administration. leaving the club vulnerable to the likes of the Charlie Green's of this world who could if inclined use it to cakewalk the scumgers back into the spl. wouldn't that be a coup for his investors?

That after two years!!! for you and a few others to be still hoping that at some point that open and transparent involvement of the people funding the bid will take place really tells you all you need to know about 10000 hours M.O.

They still to this day have not put forward to the investors a credible business plan! is it any wonder all those funders told them to swivel as their threadbare business plans were revealed. They only people with any knowledge on what could happen are the groups 10000 hours are allowing to shamefully make money out of SMFC that the club badly needs.

the commercial manager can't run a f**king shop! I'll show you the photo later but it was shuttered up as i picked up a ticket yesterday!!! matchday!!!!

GLS fair play to him has found a group of mug punters to buy his worthless shares, and get a place on the BoD, all for zero investment, ReA has a job (allegedly) at SMFC, gets to be Director, and invests Zero.... The church group and Kibble get a prime facility, car parking, access etc with a guaranteed footfall of thousands to milk dry in exchange for buttons to the club....

there's your business plan! great business opportunities for everyone except SMFC and the people actually funding 10000 hours bid!

Then there's the spectre of 10000 hours debt exceeding their ability to service it taking the club into administration. leaving the club vulnerable to the likes of the Charlie Green's of this world who could if inclined use it to cakewalk the scumgers back into the spl. wouldn't that be a coup for his investors?

Good post, but you have been conned by the 10000 hrs online marketing team into focussing on the just the debt involved in 10000 hrs. The biggest worry for me is the capability of 10000 hrs to actually run the club. There will be no warm hand over. Once the deal is signed SG & Co ship out and we are left with the commercial director, general manager, the chap with the nice legs, GLS and Tony F. These guys claim they can increase club revenues....when asked how they will do that, you enter the weirdest ever episode of tales of the unexpected. If the clubs income goes down then 10000 hrs CIC nonsense that is already stretched for cash will be responisble for shoring up the shortfall. The approach appears to be one of get the deal done at all costs and then worry about how we make it all work later on. its that sort of rash attitude to a project that delivers endless episodes of DIY SOS. The shambles over newco where Bii put the deal on hold should be the big wake up call.

Show us the money!!!!

Just received this email:

31st August Update

We have been informed that the selling consortium has not yet had the opportunity to meet to discuss the offer we made last Friday for the majority shareholding in the football club.

We will of course continue to keep you informed of any progress.

Meanwhile we have been encouraged with the feedback we have received from our members on the possible uses of the Nero Blanco fund. This gives us a taste of how the CIC would work in practice, with lots of good, creative ideas received.

If our bid for the shares is not accepted then the overwhelming feedback we have received is that the funds should be donated directly to SMiSA.

Having a strong independent supporters association will be more important than ever if, for the first time in the clubs history, we have people in control of our club who have no affiliation with St Mirren FC.

If we are successful in gaining control of the club then the most popular choices received were to take tables at a St Mirren dinner or at a corporate hospitality event and to hold a draw amongst all those that contributed to select attendees. This way the club gets some benefit as well as the people who contributed to the fund.

There were also various suggestions around improving the match day experience by having beer tents, kids events and entertainment.

We would like to thank everybody for their e-mails and we will make the decision once we know the outcome of our bid.

Thank you for your continued support.

The 10000Hours Team

Edited by Drew

Good post, but you have been conned by the 10000 hrs online marketing team into focussing on the just the debt involved in 10000 hrs. The biggest worry for me is the capability of 10000 hrs to actually run the club. There will be no warm hand over. Once the deal is signed SG & Co ship out and we are left with the commercial director, general manager, the chap with the nice legs, GLS and Tony F. These guys claim they can increase club revenues....when asked how they will do that, you enter the weirdest ever episode of tales of the unexpected. If the clubs income goes down then 10000 hrs CIC nonsense that is already stretched for cash will be responisble for shoring up the shortfall. The approach appears to be one of get the deal done at all costs and then worry about how we make it all work later on. its that sort of rash attitude to a project that delivers endless episodes of DIY SOS. The shambles over newco where Bii put the deal on hold should be the big wake up call.

Show us the money!!!!

Sid - maybe I've imagined it but haven't REA and Chris Stewart been doing what is effectively warm handover for the last year and a half since they joined the St Mirren board?

Just received this email:

31st August Update

We have been informed that the selling consortium has not yet had the opportunity to meet to discuss the offer we made last Friday for the majority shareholding in the football club.

We will of course continue to keep you informed of any progress.

Meanwhile we have been encouraged with the feedback we have received from our members on the possible uses of the Nero Blanco fund. This gives us a taste of how the CIC would work in practice, with lots of good, creative ideas received.

If our bid for the shares is not accepted then the overwhelming feedback we have received is that the funds should be donated directly to SMiSA.

Having a strong independent supporters association will be more important than ever if, for the first time in the clubs history, we have people in control of our club who have no affiliation with St Mirren FC.

If we are successful in gaining control of the club then the most popular choices received were to take tables at a St Mirren dinner or at a corporate hospitality event and to hold a draw amongst all those that contributed to select attendees. This way the club gets some benefit as well as the people who contributed to the fund.

There were also various suggestions around improving the match day experience by having beer tents, kids events and entertainment.

We would like to thank everybody for their e-mails and we will make the decision once we know the outcome of our bid.

Thank you for your continued support.

The 10000Hours Team

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!!

I reckon the club could make a few bob by selling tickets for the moment 10000 hrs hands over the Nero Blanco funds to SMiSA. lol.gif

football club?? Comedy Club more like but the fans aren't finding it funny.

as the preferred bidder {whether an american, an arab or a chancer are waiting in the wings or not}

a phone call should have sufficed

"hi, it's Stuart. Richard & Gordon have come back with an offer for ££'s from 10000 hours, you happy to accept?"

"hi, it's Stuart. Richard & Gordon have come back with an offer for ££'s from 10000 hours, you happy to accept?"

and with his answer & a unanimous Yes or a no from the others

"hi, it's Stuart, we accept/don't accept your offer"

Pile of shite

Edited by Kombi Buddie

The sale of St Mirren FC is just like the TV series Ally McBeal... It was entertaining and interesting at first, then it got bogged down and was treading water. Finally, it went on for one series too many, bored the tits off everyone, and the end couldn't come quickly enough.

It should have been like the West Wing TV series. Was entertaining and interesting at first, got better as it went on, and ended with a triumphant election victory.

Guest somner9

You'd have thought 10000 hours would have got the message about binning the doomsday/scaremongering crap?

But obvioulsy not. their quote: 'if, for the first time in the clubs history, we have people in control of our club who have no affiliation with St Mirren FC.'

Is that no affiliation with St Mirren FC like REA??? or CS?? or the Big Issue?

or is it?

No affiliation with St Mirren FC like 'Kibble and the church group' who want to take a significant revenue generating opportunity away from the club???

Come on 10000 hours which of your oustanding "Lack of affiliations to SMFC would you liken your scaremongering crap too?'

What role does the company Douglas Street have in 10000 hours and SMFC?

Edited by somner9

What role does the company Douglas Street have in 10000 hours and SMFC?

Douglas Street is the holding company where the selling consortiums shares are currently all held.

This is common practice in such a sale where the shares are being grouped up to form a majority shareholding.

It is done this way for administrative reasons, so that all 52% can be transferred/sold in one go.

Guest somner9

Douglas Street is the holding company where the selling consortiums shares are currently all held.

This is common practice in such a sale where the shares are being grouped up to form a majority shareholding.

It is done this way for administrative reasons, so that all 52% can be transferred/sold in one go.

I don't think its a question for you to answer? But why would the buyers be part of the same company???

Guest somner9

Read the last line of Div's answer again.

It doesn't make sense! How many companies/shareholdings do you think the buyers and sellers set a joint company up to "administer" the deal???

And if the majority of said "Newco" company directors change their minds after the funds have transferred into newco???

It doesn't make sense! How many companies/shareholdings do you think the buyers and sellers set a joint company up to "administer" the deal???

Sommer you are barking up the wrong tree again and reading to much in to it.

Douglas Street has 7 Directors who are combination of the consortium and the 10,000 hrs (not all consortium members are directors). The company is set up to broker the deal should it go ahead. If you had dug even further you would noticed that the Douglas Street has 8 shareholders 7 of which are the consortiums shares and the 8th is 10000 hrs. 10000hrs have less than 0.01% of a share to that company and that share is a Type B.

So basically the Douglas Street company is owned by the consortium lock stock and barrel.

The 10,000hrs currently have no power in that company. Directors of companies are not necessarily the owners of companies.

You would need to do more digging to see what the shareholders agreement was. But you may find that it is a way of ensuring that the consortium is locked as a unit. Thus preventing an individual trying to negotiate their own deal.

This is indicative of the poor communication regarding the "process" that fans aren't allowed to question. Rather than just trot out that it is common practise why not provide a link to information that confirms the common practice and provide some examples to help fans understand. Instead it just reads as arrogance and doesn't really address concerns that are being repeated and read ad nauseum.

The handover process for the club has never been outlined proprely for fans who I would imagine will be absolutely bricking it at that point, just as we were all very nervous when the first soil was broken at Greenhill Road.

Fans aren't stupid; however the communication from 10000 hrs is.

This is indicative of the poor communication regarding the "process" that fans aren't allowed to question. Rather than just trot out that it is common practise why not provide a link to information that confirms the common practice and provide some examples to help fans understand. Instead it just reads as arrogance and doesn't really address concerns that are being repeated and read ad nauseum.

The handover process for the club has never been outlined proprely for fans who I would imagine will be absolutely bricking it at that point, just as we were all very nervous when the first soil was broken at Greenhill Road.

Fans aren't stupid; however the communication from 10000 hrs is.

Come off it Sid - the fans are stupid. I've said it since day one. I agree with you about poor communication though, principally because it's the main reason that Somner has any oxygen at all on threads like these. It's been 10000hours big weakness for a long time now which is bizarre when you consider that there appears to be a at least a couple of journalists who are very close to the project.