US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

Eh sorry but I can't see where i quoted a 'Red Carpet' in my post, where did you read that? sorry I see you just invented it for dramatic effect. poor form!

What you may wish to consider is if the selling consortium accept his bid it won't matter a f**k what colour carpet you roll out, or even if you leave bare lino..... if this guys has the money to complete then he will be the majority shareholder. what comes after is how he goes about his business???

And we'll only know that when he's in!

This, if concluded will be a business lesson for 10000 (and counting down) hours in how to conduct yourself, how to not over promise, miserably under deliver, and not get engaged in scaremongering, slandering and giving away the business and revenue generating opportunities to third partiesclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

You claim that he can only be in this to make a difference, and with his connections should be welcomed ASAP.

However, instead of attempting to justify this stance with some reasoning - based on information about either his motivation and consortium's credentials, you choose to induldge in whataboutery concerning the term 'red carpet' that I used.

Tell me what you know about Dave Ware, his consortium, and his plans.

Guest somner9

You claim that he can only be in this to make a difference, and with his connections should be welcomed ASAP.

However, instead of attempting to justify this stance with some reasoning - based on information about either his motivation and consortium's credentials, you choose to induldge in whataboutery concerning the term 'red carpet' that I used.

Tell me what you know about Dave Ware, his consortium, and his plans.

like you I know nothing about DW and his plans.

But I do know it matters not a f**k what i know, or want at this juncture, because if he signs the deal he'll be our new majority stakeholder and there is nothing you or i can do to affect that, unless we outbid him!

so with that bollocks out the way, I want to know what he can do for our club given SG has been at pains to tell us he's a football man, with connections that wants the best for SMFC. Of course if you want to break out the pitchforks and torches feel free.

like you I know nothing about DW and his plans.

But I do know it matters not a f**k what i know, or want at this juncture, because if he signs the deal he'll be our new majority stakeholder and there is nothing you or i can do to affect that, unless we outbid him!

so with that bollocks out the way, I want to know what he can do for our club given SG has been at pains to tell us he's a football man, with connections that wants the best for SMFC. Of course if you want to break out the pitchforks and torches feel free.

I could waste time absolutely ripping the pish out of this post, but I won't bother.

You know nothing about him or his bid - same as the rest of us. Hasn't stopped you telling us that there's only one possible reason for his involvement, or that he should be welcomed ASAP.

In a 'red carpet' manner - can't see where I mentioned breaking out the pitchforks. I can however see where I have said that I am all ears, am willing to hear about his plans, and until I do hear about them, to be open minded as to his intentions / plans.

You know zero. I know zero. Fact.

Now that its out in the open we might get to hear more about the man and his plans for our Club.With 10000hrs looking doomed we need fresh blood so let's hear what the guy has to say before we put him up against the wall and pull the trigger.

I'm uneasy about this. No two ways about it, and I won't try to hide the fact.

That said, I won't be speculating about the fine detail, or the guy's motivation.

I will say this, though - if this bids wins the day, then it is a damn shame that a golden opportunity to secure genuine supporter/community-led involvement in the club has been lost. I'm not simply talking about the 10000Hours bid, here, more the general priciple. If 10000Hours can't complete the deal, then perhaps they weren't best placed to assume ownership of the club, but I liked the general ethos behind the idea of the CiC, and genuinely believe that this is the way forward for clubs like St Mirren, as opposed to individuals with a few bob taking a punt for whatever reason.

Guest somner9

I could waste time absolutely ripping the pish out of this post, but I won't bother.

You know nothing about him or his bid - same as the rest of us. Hasn't stopped you telling us that there's only one possible reason for his involvement, or that he should be welcomed ASAP.

In a 'red carpet' manner - can't see where I mentioned breaking out the pitchforks. I can however see where I have said that I am all ears, am willing to hear about his plans, and until I do hear about them, to be open minded as to his intentions / plans.

You know zero. I know zero. Fact.

yeah just keep re-cycling the same old stuff.

Guest somner9

Would you rather have this person as your new club chairman...

"

? is an award-winning executive with an 18-year record of founding, building and managing successful start-up and high-growth organizations. He has extensive background in developing, implementing, and successful execution of business strategies and leading companies through fast growth, acquisitions, and market share expansion. One entrepreneurial business he has successfully built and sold is Display Products Technology. Display Products Technology specialized in the component level repair of LCDs and associated products, such as notebook PCs.

or this one?

? is a director of Horse scotland, the bible society, his dad's business, a aspiring cic, co-opted on to SMFC

Looks like one does the business, whilst the other ???

Would you rather have this person as your new club chairman...

"

? is an award-winning executive with an 18-year record of founding, building and managing successful start-up and high-growth organizations. He has extensive background in developing, implementing, and successful execution of business strategies and leading companies through fast growth, acquisitions, and market share expansion. One entrepreneurial business he has successfully built and sold is Display Products Technology. Display Products Technology specialized in the component level repair of LCDs and associated products, such as notebook PCs.

or this one?

? is a director of Horse scotland, the bible society, his dad's business, a aspiring cic, co-opted on to SMFC

Looks like one does the business, whilst the other ???

The company we use for PR at work would say anything I wanted them to say about me as long as I paid them enough!!!

In fact if you looked hard enough you'd find some rhetoric that would make Craig Whyte sound like Warren Buffet. That doesnt mean Dave Wares isn't the "real deal" but maybe let's wait a while and see what he's got to say before championing him as a great alternative to REA and 10,000 hours.

A bit like Drew, I've been in favour of "a fan model" taking a majority stake in the club if possible. In the current climate I'd be a bit suspicious of any indivdual, who didn't have some affilliation to the club, taking the majority shareholding. Good businessmen don't spend money for a laugh and a jolly

Personally I'm open to finding out what other bids entail and IF the US bid is going to be better for the CLUB (note that them paying more money just benefits the selling consortium and not the club) then fair enough.

I don't believe (but obviously don't know for sure) that the overall financial offer from the US bid is fundamentally much different in value from that which was offered by 10000Hours ie; around the £1.2m mark which has been quoted by Andy Newport.

I'd hope the selling consortium sell to the bidder they think will be best for the club in the long term.

I'd be interested to know the motivation behind the US bid eg: how the buyers would propose to get a return on their investment and what their plans were for the club, how the bid was being financed etc...

Any St.Mirren supporter should be asking the same questions, especially as this bid team apparently has no emotional connection whatsoever to St.Mirren FC.

My view has always been that a couple of thousand genuine St.Mirren fans owning the club was a less risky approach to a weathy individual controlling it but if the sellers think otherwise then that's their call to make.

Weathy individual(s) owning the club doesn't need to necessarily be a bad thing, but for every Abramovich and Sheik Mansoor there is a Massone or a Craig Whyte.

I'd expect a statement from the selling consortium and or Dave Wares in the next couple of days anyway now that the identity of the bidders is out in the open and maybe we can find out some more about their business model and what their plans are for the club.

We all want what is best for St.Mirren at the end of the day ?

Guest somner9

The company we use for PR at work would say anything I wanted them to say about me as long as I paid them enough!!!

In fact if you looked hard enough you'd find some rhetoric that would make Craig Whyte sound like Warren Buffet. That doesnt mean Dave Wares isn't the "real deal" but maybe let's wait a while and see what he's got to say before championing him as a great alternative to REA and 10,000 hours.

A bit like Drew, I've been in favour of "a fan model" taking a majority stake in the club if possible. In the current climate I'd be a bit suspicious of any indivdual, who didn't have some affilliation to the club, taking the majority shareholding. Good businessmen don't spend money for a laugh and a jolly

Couldn't agree more with the piece of your post I highlighted. So the guy has a succesful business track record, is serious, a football man and SG et al rate him (their view).

That's a helluve a lot more than the non football, non business geezer from ayrshire brought to the party. And as yet DW hasn't gifted the revenue generating opportunitie at SMP to third parties!

Edit: couldn't help but notice the constant inference to Craig whyte re this bid by DW. poor form indeed gentlemen.

Edited by somner9

We should and always should be a small part time semi professional Club among another 39 similar outfits.

We will never be a major investment for anybody with our 2500 hardcore supporters.

We just need St Mirren Supporters to run it efficiently and most importantly, to break even every Season and pick a Manager who refuses to endorse tippy tappy shite fitba.

Back tae ' The Affair ' by Lee Child.

Couldn't agree more with the piece of your post I highlighted. So the guy has a succesful business track record, is serious, a football man and SG et al rate him (their view).

That's a helluve a lot more than the non football, non business geezer from ayrshire brought to the party. And as yet DW hasn't gifted the revenue generating opportunitie at SMP to third parties!

Edit: couldn't help but notice the constant inference to Craig whyte re this bid by DW. poor form indeed gentlemen.

Is it any poorer form than your constant references to Richard Atkinson, though?

"couldn't help but notice the constant inference to Craig whyte re this bid by DW. poor form indeed gentlemen."

Explain the poor form on my part, I didn't for a second suggest DW was in any way shady or anything other than a successful businessman. The only point I made was that, at the moment, we know the square route of nothing with regards to this guy and/or his bid.

To use "SG" and the board's opinion on him as a reference is a bit odd as they've, to date, been happy to give the same reference to REA.

You're constant need to belittle REA (in particular) and 10,000 hours (in general) does the credibility of your arguement no favours whatsoever.

Guest somner9

Is it any poorer form than your constant references to Richard Atkinson, though?

And I've called him Craig Whyte have I?

i'll be the first to admit i've called him on every broken promise, deadline and still turning up wanting with a business plan to show the investors, even as the deal slips away.

Jeez even the mods on here perpetuate the scaremongering in this vein. You guys need to get hep! because if the selling consortium accept DW's offer then he's in whatever we think.

Guest somner9

"couldn't help but notice the constant inference to Craig whyte re this bid by DW. poor form indeed gentlemen."

Explain the poor form on my part, I didn't for a second suggest DW was in any way shady or anything other than a successful businessman. The only point I made was that, at the moment, we know the square route of nothing with regards to this guy and/or his bid.

To use "SG" and the board's opinion on him as a reference is a bit odd as they've, to date, been happy to give the same reference to REA.

You're constant need to belittle REA (in particular) and 10,000 hours (in general) does the credibility of your arguement no favours whatsoever.

I didn't suggest it was your post, i was pointing out the hysteria the knicker wetters at 10000 hours online marketing team have been peddling for years now.

As regards my as you put it my 'Belittling' of REA and 10000 hours.

hey they manage to do that all by themselves, I've never seen such a drawn out cock-a-mamie turgid process that goes wrong at every turn.

Guest somner9

I have subscribed to 10000 hrs but I'm still interested to hear the details of the other bidder before condemning anyone. I have heard however that the 10000 hrs bid is now " dead in the water" !

Are they having a meeting about that?

I'm suspicious too Shull. I was suspicious about REA first time I met him. The difference here is that if SG and four others simply decide to sell to this new guy - that's it. Not much we can do. The opportunity to question REA and GLS was there for all... for years. Website Q&As, open invite to e-mail him, public meetings... Doesn't mean you need to agree with the 10000hours bid, not at all. However no-one, not even the most anti-CIC poster could say they had no opportunity to contact the players in the game.

SG has repeatedly said he wants to ensure the right people take over. Big call for him and the selling consortium.

The difference is he is not trying to buy the club with other people's money

Guest somner9

Too true Ed. the other difference which we'll know very soon is???? Will he actually complete the deal, or forever call meetings to re-hash his attempts?

... and at the risk of repeating myself for the 100th time, I'm perfectly happy to hear details about the guy, his consortium, his plans, his motivation, his funding source and method, who his BOD will be, and, and, and.