US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

I signed up to the 10,000 hours idea because it was the only show in town and the concept is, overall, one that is attractive. I can only say that I wasn't sold 100% on RA as he stated that he had £4 Million in his personal account and not a penny of that has been used in this bid. According to him, his lawyers explained that this would alter the bid, so can only take him at his word

Dave Wares on the other hand is using (presumably) his own money, and, call me an old cynic, but that makes me interested in his proposal. From what we can read on the interthing he is a successful, solvent and sensible businessman. Dundee Utd supporter? So what? I know that at least two of the present directors grew up supporting other teams and they've done not a bad job over the last 15 years. If he's prepared to invest his own dosh in SMFC then I'm pretty sure his loyalties will be towards the Black and White.

I think we should be cheeered by the fact that there are options for the club. I look forward to hearing more from Mr W

The Wares bid is pure speculation at the moment as neither party has confirmed or denied it. I have signed up for 10000 hours andt like most of the others who have signed up will keep an open mind and also like most of the others have questions about funding as I think it's unlikely he will be using his own money without looking for some kind of return, his plans for the club, who the other investors are, why he and his consortium haven't went public to try and get support from the fans and a whole lot more questions.

Quality meltdown by pozbaird...those gingy's really are tempreMENTAL. lol.gif

Highly amusing that the online marketing weigh in with nonsense about how they'll be demanding information from alternative bids as if its got anything to do with them. This is a business transaction between a selling consortium and a bidder meeting their asking price. There is no fans cash involved so like it or not it's got f"k all to do with the online marketing. You either continue to buy your season ticket or you f"k off in the huff like StuDickson because it didn't go the way you wanted it to.

10000 hrs could have been great for the club when the £750K grant funding was there. That grant funding was the foundations of the entire project. When that went 10000 hrs was in quicks and clutching at straws. Fans have to be applauded for their backing of the scheme to the last...but its time to look at it with real world eyes and realise that the financial strength to take the club forward just isn't there.

The selling consortium as they have always done since the creation of the 52% shareholding have complete control over the future direction of the club. They could have settled for the few sheckles that 10000 hrs had managed to scrape together and left the club genuinely in the shite.

It is time for the 10000 hrs marketing team to give it a rest and let the selling consortium get on with the difficult job of securing a bright future for the club, its fans and the wider community. St Mirren Football Club is more important than the personal ambitions of a few committee types. As 10000 hrs very well know there are stipulations in play for all bids for the club. There is a requirement for growing the community side of the club as well as a requirement for fans involvement. Selective hysterics from the usual suspects. Stop trying to mislead your fellow fans.

Guest somner9

3 offers on the table and 10000hrs being asked to Increase their bid

Aye, aye... look out for the iminent ginger bottle appeal!

On the issue of this supposed 'leak' that precedes a 10000 hours, (we have been asked to submit a revised bid) let's try again....

HOW f**kING THICK DO THEY THINK ST MIRREN FANS ARE?

Obviously they are counting on us being complete f**kwits unable to smell shite as stinky as this.

given that the slider on 10000 hours website is slippping ever downwards, will they revised bid be £1m.... nope sorry 900k.... oh hang on how about 750k????

Edited by somner9

The stories well off the mark based on the statement from 10000 hrs. They claimed they had bid £1.25M and gave zero details on how the payment was actually made up. The £1.5M over three years was the rumour about the US based bid. From the last time 10000 hrs actually gave any detail on their bid it was basically £500K from Bii and deferred payments for the rest over a number of years paid for by fans direct debits and as yet unexplained income from CIC initiatives.

Interesting difference of opinion on here from the only 2 who know something we don't ...namely the "Ware bid".

Two mods......die hard St Mirren fans seem to have a clash of opinions on our Scottish/American cousin.

Davidg is for and Div is against.....Just IMO you understand but Interesting...right now I'll stick with Div.

What makes you think that?

Guest TPAFKATS

HOW f**kING THICK DO THEY THINK ST MIRREN FANS ARE?

As thick and gullible as other football fans?

Mind you, that new team in the 3rd divisions fans take the biscuit at the moment...

Is It 3 then??

I've no idea what the hell is going on. I was just wondering how you know:

1. that Div and David know something, and

2. that no-one else does, and finally....

3. that there is anything to know in any event.

Edited by Drew