US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

I've no idea what the hell is going on. I was just wondering how you know:

1. that Div and David know something, and

2. that no-one else does, and finally....

3. that there is anything to know in any event.

Let me explain...Div said he KNEW of other bids when we were saying they might be made up. Davidg said a current board member would stay if the American bid was successful....They are closer to the wheel than us ...so If you are not where they are and are like me and have no Info then speculation Is all we have. ..My previous post stands on the general Info and 10000hrs will be In place next week.

Back on topic - Wares info for those unable to see the PDE article

Wares was born in Scotland and has 18 years of experience founding, managing and successfully selling startups. In 1993, he founded Display Products Technology in Scotland, an LCD repair company that employed 450 people.

In 2002, Europe’s biggest publicly traded private-equity firm, 3i, bought a controlling share of the company for $14 million.

Most recently, Wares served as CEO of Innovative Barbecue Solutions, which developed a charcoal product that eliminates the need for lighter fluid. The company sold the technology to a major charcoal brand.

Add in his current venture in console and tech repairs in California and god knows why he's interested !

This part would worry me. Starts a company, sells it to a bigger company at a profit. Buys a company, sells it to a bigger company for a profit. Buys a company........... See where I'm going here?

Davidg is for and Div is against.....Just IMO you understand but Interesting...right now I'll stick with Div.

I'm not against any bid for the club, I don't know enough about the "American bid" to comment on it to be honest. If the sellers think it's a better deal for the football club and choose to sell to those guys then fair enough.

My preference remains for the club to be owned by the fans, and for the assets belonging to the club to be locked. The only bid that delivers that at the moment is 10000Hours.

We could all argue at the finer points of 10000Hours all day, in fact we have done to the point where everyone is thoroughly bored by it, but the fact remains that it remains a bid aimed at safeguarding the long term future of the football club. Spreading the financial load across thousands of fans is a much more palatable ownership model to me than relying on one individual.

It might not be as sexy as a multi-millionaire buying the club but I've seen far too many instances of that going horribly pear shaped north and south of the border in recent times to persuade me that it is worth the risk.

Richard isn't popular with the fans, that is clear, but it's really no reason to throw the whole proposal of fan ownership in the bin. Gordon leading the interim football club board with Tony Fitzpatrick is for me a a great start, whilst Richard will concentrate on the community aspect of the operation. The members, the fans, will be able to get involved, get onto the football club board if they want to, and make a real difference to the running of the club rather than just sitting complaining about everything from the sidelines.

Very keen to hear from the American bid as to what their bid entails, maybe it will include real fan involvement, who knows !?

The only reason I didn`t sign up the CIC bid was simply that we were being ripped off on the price to pay for a loss making business with no concrete assets to sell on.

Now another bidder has put forward the real value lets hope SG and the selling consortium see sense and sell to Mr Atkinson and allow us to do something that will benefit the club and the community long term.

Also remember your facts in this bid so far come from Andy "Rangers till I die" Newport who will print anything about our club if he can call it an exclusive to further his career. This is the guy who runs stories about our captain loving Rangers on a weekly basis.

I would imagine fact checking has been minimal.

Nope. I've worked 132 hours over the last 12 days. Today is my day off. My office at home is more for watching TV on my 87" smart board, having an occasional malt whisky or surfing the net at my desk. There used to be a pool table in there too but that was just silly

That's true, having a pool table and no friends does seem pretty silly. I imagine there's only so many hours you can practice doubling the black before you want to kill yourself, especially if your drinking whiskey.

Let me explain...Div said he KNEW of other bids when we were saying they might be made up. Davidg said a current board member would stay if the American bid was successful....They are closer to the wheel than us ...so If you are not where they are and are like me and have no Info then speculation Is all we have. ..My previous post stands on the general Info and 10000hrs will be In place next week.

Everything should be taken with a pinch of salt. There's a lot of vested interests in 10000 hrs. Both are in fact being creative with the "facts" as some people know them. There aren't three tabled bids. My understanding is that there is still only one fishal bid on the table - the really shite one from 10000 hrs. Davidg's assetion that a current board member will stay on if the US bid is successful is only partly true. There will be a warm handover, which means that most if not all of the current BoD will be in play for a few months along with the new owners and their team.

The press release / leak has come primed with the usual dodgy "facts" intermingled with the ",but I'm prepared to see what is in the new bid" bollox. Make no mistake 10000 hrs are trying to force the hand of the selling consortium into accepting a bid that is underfunded. It's all shite, underhand political bollox and should be given no credence whatsoever.

10000 hrs should shut the f"k up and give the selling consortium the time and space to deliver the best future for St Mirren football club, its fans and the wider community. 10000 hrs is not the only show in town. However, the alternative bid is not the shady east european / craig whyte scenario that has been getting peddled by 10000 hrs to try and frighten fans into ignoring the lack of substance to their own bid.

Also remember your facts in this bid so far come from Andy "Rangers till I die" Newport who will print anything about our club if he can call it an exclusive to further his career. This is the guy who runs stories about our captain loving Rangers on a weekly basis.

Andy Newport is part and parcel of the 10000 hrs marketing team. We've then seen the online marketing immediately weigh in with spurious supporting scaremongering. How many times are fans going to allow themselves to be conned in this way before they realise they cannot trust a word coming out of the club and particularly10000 hrs at the moment?

Everything should be taken with a pinch of salt. There's a lot of vested interests in 10000 hrs. Both are in fact being creative with the "facts" as some people know them. There aren't three tabled bids. My understanding is that there is still only one fishal bid on the table - the really shite one from 10000 hrs. Davidg's assetion that a current board member will stay on if the US bid is successful is only partly true. There will be a warm handover, which means that most if not all of the current BoD will be in play for a few months along with the new owners and their team.

The press release / leak has come primed with the usual dodgy "facts" intermingled with the ",but I'm prepared to see what is in the new bid" bollox. Make no mistake 10000 hrs are trying to force the hand of the selling consortium into accepting a bid that is underfunded. It's all shite, underhand political bollox and should be given no credence whatsoever.

10000 hrs should shut the f"k up and give the selling consortium the time and space to deliver the best future for St Mirren football club, its fans and the wider community. 10000 hrs is not the only show in town. However, the alternative bid is not the shady east european / craig whyte scenario that has been getting peddled by 10000 hrs to try and frighten fans into ignoring the lack of substance to their own bid.

Could you explain that sentence in detail because I would think the selling consortium know more about any potential bidders and bids that have been received than anyone involved with 10000hours so I just can;t see how this could possible be construed as 10000hours forcing the consortiums hand. If anyone was forcing a hand it would be the consortium forcing 10000hours.

All things carefully considered I have came to the opinion that it would be fantastic if the fans managed to take control of our club. After all its the fans who care most about the club. The fans would ensure that we would have a long term secure future, most fans love the club and care passionately about the club. Who else could do a better job.

People who don't trust the fans are the same types who didn't trust the Scots to take control of our own country and have our own Parliament, I think most people will agree that the devolved parliament in Edinburgh which is run by Scots for Scots has done more for Scotland than Westminster could have delivered over the same period.

We have the likes of sid and other scaremongering that the fans couldn't do it. I say give them a chance they wont ever let the club down,

I am now off the fence and firmly behind 10000 hours, I hope they come good. thumbup2.gif

All things carefully considered I have came to the opinion that it would be fantastic if the fans managed to take control of our club. After all its the fans who care most about the club. The fans would ensure that we would have a long term secure future, most fans love the club and care passionately about the club. Who else could do a better job.

People who don't trust the fans are the same types who didn't trust the Scots to take control of our own country and have our own Parliament, I think most people will agree that the devolved parliament in Edinburgh which is run by Scots for Scots has done more for Scotland than Westminster could have delivered over the same period.

We have the likes of sid and other scaremongering that the fans couldn't do it. I say give them a chance they wont ever let the club down,

I am now off the wagon and firmly behind 10000 hours, I hope they come good. thumbup2.gif

Oh bollox, more pish coming our way.

The only reason I didn`t sign up the CIC bid was simply that we were being ripped off on the price to pay for a loss making business with no concrete assets to sell on.

Now another bidder has put forward the real value lets hope SG and the selling consortium see sense and sell to Mr Atkinson and allow us to do something that will benefit the club and the community long term.

I didn't sign up because the CiC fails my simplicity test.

I have a degree and am about to earn another.

I am far from lacking in brain cells (I'm also sexy but we'll talk about that another day).

Here's the deal though. I cannot penetrate the language and can't follow how it works in detail.

Now this is odd because the idea should have been very simple.

Business is very simple.

You make, someone buys, you make money.

Harvard MBA twattery is deliberately designed to confuse people and this proposal is full of it.

On that count, I'm out.

I'd be interested to know how many on here have actually fully understood it in complete detail.

Even Gilmour couldn't get his head around it.

Why has REA made it so complicated?

It reminds me of mobile phone, gas and electricity contracts - full of apparently unnecessary and complicated twattery but which turns out to be crucial to protecting the company by stopping you comparing with another firm.

I'm not pro- or anti- CiC. I just hate it when simple things are made complicated by people.

In my experience, it usually means something is being deliberately hidden.

I can't invest in that but I won't criticise others for doing so.