US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

Guest TPAFKATS

B&WArmy is a force for the good of St Mirren and its supporters. We've seen some great times even when the football was shit and the club was on its last legs. And yet here we all are squabbling and bickering during the most successful period we've had in many of our lifetimes. A few egos got out of control as they whored themselves in the court of would be King Richard. They will take a wee while to realise their errors and will probably never openly admit to some of the naughtiness they have been guilty of. Personal ambition being placed before respect for your fellow supporters was an error of judgement. Ralston upgringings and old grammarian bumbrainedness was clearly at play in this sorry saga. Then we had the attacks on the selling consortium from the usual suspects using 10000 hrs as a vehicles for their score settling.

I would be quite happy if the 10000 hrs Boards were deleted for good. They are a sully on our otherwise excellent supporters resource.

Description of yourself prior to taking a wee while less to realise your errors, or was it just your usual flip flopping moon.gif

Oh look, John has an issue with bickering then he throws a grenade in the room.

I felt it could work, felt it could be shaped and recall a certain doomsayer being totally on board at one point. I didn't get too close to Richard and didn't ask a good friend to do some digging via Ken McGeoch. I can't say anyone was overly pushy, but then again I did get very bored of things for a bit. That said, too many of the anti-10000 Hours were in a mode where they really had no answers. Better a strongly held view than blind ignorance.

Oh look, John has an issue with bickering then he throws a grenade in the room.

I felt it could work, felt it could be shaped and recall a certain doomsayer being totally on board at one point. I didn't get too close to Richard and didn't ask a good friend to do some digging via Ken McGeoch. I can't say anyone was overly pushy, but then again I did get very bored of things for a bit. That said, too many of the anti-10000 Hours were in a mode where they really had no answers. Better a strongly held view than blind ignorance.

Another "john" post. It was the problem with it all along Tsu.....initially there was actually some information to hang your hope on. Once the silance kicked in we should all have run screaming in the other direction. The desire for fan ownership was implanted though and we all ran with it. Plan B was shite...Plan C was insanity.

The club will be able to make use of the void for generating revenue for themselves, I am sure we have been over this a few hundred times already.

Which kinda begs the question of why they haven't already done it. dry.png

Don't want to spend the money on the fit out I expect.

I'm confused - will they, won't they?

Surely it is about what is best for the club, why would the BoD change their minds over this issue?

Edited by Bud the Baker

If we assume the CIC plan in its' entirety now resembles a Monty Python Norwegian Blue.... then in regard to the main stand void, the current BOD (or any new 'traditional ownership' model new BOD) would not only need to find funds to kit out the void, they'd need to staff it, and source groups or individuals willing to pay to use it. CK is a one-man band as it is. St Johnstone, for example, need more than a one-man band to sell their suite for funeral use, and once booked for funerals, to staff it and so on. In short, there's more to just the set-up cost to consider.

Whoever the new owners turn out to be, if they have plans to get the void up and running with associated staffing and someone to promote it to prospective users, like the fakes - great stuff.

I'm confused - will they, won't they?

Surely it is about what is best for the club, why would the BoD change their minds over this issue?

Under the 10000Hours proposal the fit out of the void was going to be undertaken by third party organisations who would pay for it, then use the space to generate their own revenue outside of matchdays.

On matchdays 10000Hours would have used the Void as a members bar to generate revenue.

And at other times the club would have used it to generate their own revenue via parties, funerals etc, the sort of event they are not willing to host in the existing corporate suite.

The club could of course fit out the void themselves and run it themselves but the long and short of it is that I don't think the money is there to get it off and running.

Nothing stopping them approaching the same partners the CIC had agreements with though I guess.

If we assume the CIC plan in its' entirety now resembles a Monty Python Norwegian Blue.... then in regard to the main stand void, the current BOD (or any new 'traditional ownership' model new BOD) would not only need to find funds to kit out the void, they'd need to staff it, and source groups or individuals willing to pay to use it. CK is a one-man band as it is. St Johnstone, for example, need more than a one-man band to sell their suite for funeral use, and once booked for funerals, to staff it and so on. In short, there's more to just the set-up cost to consider.

Whoever the new owners turn out to be, if they have plans to get the void up and running with associated staffing and someone to promote it to prospective users, like the fakes - great stuff.

The 10000hours communication of 27 August suggested it was a formality and it's not as if the hospitality business is uncharted territory for us.

Although a lot will depend on how quickly we can conclude the deal, permissions for the work are granted and licences approved we have set a provisional target for completion of the works by the end of 2012.

Probably should let this issue die (and this applies to the intervening post by div) but if it is such a sure fire money spinner then the BoD should instruct either our General Manager or our Commercial Manager to go ahead with 10000hours plan, if not then it's probably just as well the 10000hours bid failed.

The 10000hours communication of 27 August suggested it was a formality and it's not as if the hospitality business is uncharted territory for us.

Probably should let this issue die (and this applies to the intervening post by div) but if it is such a sure fire money spinner then the BoD should instruct either our General Manager or our Commercial Manager to go ahead with 10000hours plan, if not then it's probably just as well the 10000hours bid failed.

Maybe we're at cross-purposes here, but the idea of the CIC was not only to fit-out the void, it was to harness the pledgers, especially groups, who were backing the CIC plan to book and use the new void.

If the CIC plan is dead, there's a danger that not only is funding for the initial fit-out no longer available, but a 'ready made' supply of void space users isn't there too.

I could be wrong - the CIC plan could be dead, but everyone who pledged to back it could still want to give their business to SMFCs own new function room space? I don't know, but my gut feeling is that we could be waiting a long time for A, a new BOD to be in place, and B, for them to realise plans to fit-out the void in any way. I cannot see the incumbent BOD doing it now, if they'd wanted a supporter's bar / suite in there, the time to do it was at the stadium build stage surely? If not then, shortly after. It'll fall to new owners, indeed, driving the club on, not only in regard to the void, but in merchandising, fitting-out the shop properly, and generally coming up with new, workable, and fresh ideas will all fall squarely on the shoulders of the new owners.

Interesting time ahead - again. If we're still sitting here asking questions in another three years the internet will melt.

Under the 10000Hours proposal the fit out of the void was going to be undertaken by third party organisations who would pay for it, then use the space to generate their own revenue outside of matchdays.

On matchdays 10000Hours would have used the Void as a members bar to generate revenue.

And at other times the club would have used it to generate their own revenue via parties, funerals etc, the sort of event they are not willing to host in the existing corporate suite.

The club could of course fit out the void themselves and run it themselves but the long and short of it is that I don't think the money is there to get it off and running.

Nothing stopping them approaching the same partners the CIC had agreements with though I guess.

Never mind a bar - Paisley is full of them - get the money put towards a left back ffs !

Never mind a bar - Paisley is full of them - get the money put towards a left back ffs !

Suppose that is the difference between short and long term thinking.

Fitting out the void may be seen as speculating to accumulate ?

Allowing the club to generate revenue which could then be used to bring in players year in year out ?

AKA, Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever.

The club are due to receive an additional £91,000 at the end of the season from UEFA following Celtic qualifying for the Champions League.

http://www.scotprem....s2&newsid=11660

This money was not budgeted for - but then neither were the two cup games against Hearts that were shown on BBC & Sky which both fell outside the SPL payments.

It would be great if a portion of this was set aside for fitting out the void for supporters to use, however I believe there are a number of higher priorities at the club to invest including putting a cover over the 5-a-side pitches.

Surly any extra money coming in should be spent on the team and youth set up ?

Yes a bar would be nice but not essential peronaly I don’t mind walking the 10min to the stadium for a bar. Just to add went into the Motherwell club a few Saturday’s ago before the Saints game. There were around 12 Motherwell fans in the place and I was the only Saints fan in there.

Long time ago was a member of a bar underneath the old Love Street main stand which was never busy so was closed to fans. There was also a bar in the new away stand at Love street. Again membership was low and was hardly used.

Bit of an out there suggestion...but given that the non-matchday running and operating of the void was something that the club was prepared to hand over to another entity, subject to retaining it's use on matchdays, could there not be an arguement for SMISA or even those that were prepared to be involved in 10000 hours to step in and fill the void (pun intended). If the club were only looking for a nominal rent and access, surely there is a commercial opportunity for those that were St Mirren minded to be able to develop the void, and run it for the agreed peppercorn rent, with the money being generated ploughed back into the club where they saw fit.

Is this a US bidder thread or a we need a bar at the ground?

That aside - can we not just lobby the council to grant us licence for a temporary beer wagon ( you can hire then for community events etc ) and the wagon can be parked up safe in the area at the back of the south stand

Don't you just hate a common sense solution ?

Is this a US bidder thread or a we need a bar at the ground?

That aside - can we not just lobby the council to grant us licence for a temporary beer wagon ( you can hire then for community events etc ) and the wagon can be parked up safe in the area at the back of the south stand

Don't you just hate a common sense solution ?

Not sure if I'm fully understanding what you mean but drinking in a non designated public place is illegal in Scotland. In Wishaw the Commercial Bar sponsors the B at Beltane Music Festival in the town. To meet licencing regulations they had to erect a beer tent to be the designated area and restrict access to it to a limited number of people who had paid for "VIP tickets".

Not sure if I'm fully understanding what you mean but drinking in a non designated public place is illegal in Scotland. In Wishaw the Commercial Bar sponsors the B at Beltane Music Festival in the town. To meet licencing regulations they had to erect a beer tent to be the designated area and restrict access to it to a limited number of people who had paid for "VIP tickets".

except that the land st.mirren is situated on is private which is accessible by the public. a little like drinking in your own backdoor, you dont need a license for that. whereas a festival within a town centre is public space.

Poz, its over Bud....we've heard all this pish ad nauseum. It was blah, blah......the existing BoD were already planning to fit out the void prior to the arrival of 10000 hrs on the scene. We would have had it fitted out by now.

Three wasted years. So much valuable time wasted on a crack-pot scheme that was doomed from the start, no leadership, wishful thinking and a lot of fingers crossed, the real directors should bite the bullet and ask for the two of them to resign immediately.

I am pretty sure Richard and Chris will leave the board in due course, but the board will then need to find a fifth member I think due to the constitution of the football club.

I am pretty sure Richard and Chris will leave the board in due course, but the board will then need to find a fifth member I think due to the constitution of the football club.

If Richard and Chris both leave the board before new owners have been found (who no doubt will install their own people into positons) then that leaves us without a secretary and commercial director. If the sale of the club rumbles on another two or three years then, with Alan Provan already out of the picture, does the club's entire commercial operation - dealing with JD Sports contracts, merchandising, the shop, plus everything he already does at the moment, fall squarely onto CKs lap?

Edited by pozbaird

That Sid bloke is an oustanding Member! a natural choice???