US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

Any St.Mirren supporter should be asking the same questions, especially as this bid team apparently has no emotional connection whatsoever to St.Mirren FC.

Was this question asked of Richard Atkinson? If yes, what was the answer?

At least with someone like DW then he's be running a club he'd bought with his own money whereas with RA it was a case of running a club bought with other folk's money!

Guest somner9

... and at the risk of repeating myself for the 100th time, I'm perfectly happy to hear details about the guy, his consortium, his plans, his motivation, his funding source and method, who his BOD will be, and, and, and.

As one of the investors in 10000 hours I wanted to know exactly the same!

Turns out though that as an investor i had already been excluded from any involvement in making these decisions, deciding who the Bod would be, SEEING a business plan, GIFTING the revenue opportunities to third parties....

And as the bid was controlled by a non st mirren, non football fan who has no affiliation with the area! i never found out what his motivation really was??? Funny that.... maybe he just never had enough time to, you know get his message across?

... and at the risk of repeating myself for the 100th time, I'm perfectly happy to hear details about the guy, his consortium, his plans, his motivation, his funding source and method, who his BOD will be, and, and, and.

Is there any thing in the club shop yet. Remember the top business brain in charge of this " shop" is seen more often in the PDX telling us not to panic as everything is being sorted out.

Was this question asked of Richard Atkinson? If yes, what was the answer?

Richard isn't proposing to buy the club.

The owners of the majority shareholding of the club if the 10000hours bid is successful will be the members, the vast majority of whom will be "rank and file" St.Mirren supporters who all have a huge emotional attachment to the club.

Whether Richard is a St.Mirren fan or not is irrelevant, as he won't have sole control of the club !

Guest somner9

The owners of the majority shareholding of the club if the 10000hours bid is successful will be the members, the vast majority of whom will be "rank and file" St.Mirren supporters who all have a huge emotional attachment to the club.

Whether Richard is a St.Mirren fan or not is irrelevant, as he won't have sole control of the club !

Oh those semantics!

I guess by that logic it's irrelevant that the Big Issue who would actually have the biggest hold (500K) over the 52% shareholding had 10000 hours been able to put up an acceptable bid, weren't as far as we know saints fans too?

That wasn't really my question. :P

My question is, what was RA's motivation to organise the CIC and then run it if he had no emotional connection with St. Mirren?

And while he wouldn't be the owner, he would have essentially been running the club - bought with other folk's money!

I personally would prefer the people running our club to have a direct financial interest in it.

You only need to look at the complete financial mess that golf club's owned by the members get into. They waste money hand over fist because they know that its not their own personal money and that next year's commitee can sort out the mess!

Somner, you really are ripping the pish by claiming you never found out what REAs motivation for getting involved was. Plenty of other threads over recent years have discussed him seeing the 'for sale' advert while on a business trip, his call to the club in regard to the utilisation of facilities, the fact he held roles in charitable organisations and saw an opportunity for the CIC to work in our situation... so the story developed.

Absolute nonsense to claim you don't know. Don't care is more accurate.

However, none of that matters if SG wants to sell up to the new guy. SG doesn't need supporter approval of any new purchaser. His consortium could sell to anyone they want, and whether we like the new owners or not - tough. I genuinely believe SGs statement at the outset regarding all the stuff about wanting to protect the legacy, so sell to the right people, to be able to hand over the reins and walk away with his head held high.

The longer the CIC deal dragged on, the years that passed with no big offer, the Sevco debacle... I wouldn't be surprised if he just wants rid. Maybe Dave Wares is St Mirren's John Madjeski, Dave Whelan, or Jack Walker in waiting. No way of knowing, as we know zero about him or his bid. My suspicious nature however means that I fear the days of a John Madjeski, Dave Whelan, or Jack Walker are gone. We live in a world of the Venkys, Middle Eastern Sheiks, Russian oligarchs, mysterious consortiums, asset strippers, the Portsmouth chancers, and yes - Craig Whyte types.

Excuse my suspicion. If anyone wants to put out the red carpet for this bid, fine. Simply explain to me why we should, based on what you know about the individual concerned and his bid.

Edited for typos.

Edited by pozbaird

Give it a rest div, no matter how you try to spin it, REA was going to be the BOSS he would be running it, you know,I know, anybody with half a brain knows it. And you are completely right it was OTHER people's money he was proposing to acquire ST Mirren FC. So let's get away from this saint hood you appear to be bestowing on your friend. He is not a ST Mirren supporter, he is not even a football fan as he has said at various meetings.

Guest somner9

Somner, you really are ripping the pish by claiming you never found out REAs motivation for getting involved was. Plenty of other threads over recent years have discussed him seeing the 'for sale' advert while on a business trip, his call to the club in regard to the utilisation of facilities, the fact he held roles in charitable organisations and saw an opportunity for the CIC to work in our situation... so the story developed.

Absolute nonsense to claim you don't know. Don't care is more accurate.

However, none of that matters if SG wants to sell up to the new guy. SG doesn't need supporter approval of any new purchaser. His consortium could sell to anyone they want, and whether we like the new owners or not - tough. I genuinely believe SGs statement at the outset regarding all the stuff about wanting to protect the legacy, so sell to the right people, to be able to hand over the reigns and walk away with his head held high.

The longer the CIC deal dragged on, the years that passed with no big offer, the Sevco debacle... I wouldn't be surprised if he just wants rid. Maybe Dave Wares is St Mirren's John Madjeski, Dave Whelan, or Jack Walker in waiting. No way of knowing, as we know zero about him or his bid. My suspicious nature however means that I fear the days of a John Madjeski, Dave Whelan, or Jack Walker are gone. We live in a world of the Venkys, Middle Eastern Sheiks, Russian oligarchs, mysterious consortiums, asset strippers, the Portsmouth chancers, and yes - Craig Whyte types.

Excuse my suspicion. If anyone wants to put out the red carpet for this bid, fine. Simply explain to me why we should, based on what you know about the individual concerned and his bid.

Honestly it's like getting 'WORRIED' by a deid sheepclap.gif you make I laugh

Atkinson went from trying to find training facilities for a women's football team to

'Hey guys.. you know i don't know what soccerball is, or what you paisley fuds see in it? by why don't I the RT Hon ReA help you low life to take control of 52% of your club?.... whats my motivation you ask??? well did i tell you about this church group, that bible society, this kibble thing, those community groups, that laundry...... yes they all motivate me....

'but REA what whats your motivation as regards, you know the football team???'.... look anyone can come and talk to me at any time, especially the church group, the kibbleetc...etc....'

In short can anyone truthfully say what his motivation to front a 52% shareholding in SMFC ever was? Because there are still thosands of saints fans that would like to know? as there will be with DW.

to then associate DW whom you freely admit you know NOTHING about with Whyte. Venky's, Portsmouth etc is what we have all come to expect in 10000 hours scaremongering speak.... and it might come back to haunt youwhistling.gif

If DW buys it with his Brass he can lay out whtever carpet he likes!

Honestly it's like getting 'WORRIED' by a deid sheepclap.gif you make I laugh

Atkinson went from trying to find training facilities for a women's football team to

'Hey guys.. you know i don't know what soccerball is, or what you paisley fuds see in it? by why don't I the RT Hon ReA help you low life to take control of 52% of your club?.... whats my motivation you ask??? well did i tell you about this church group, that bible society, this kibble thing, those community groups, that laundry...... yes they all motivate me....

'but REA what whats your motivation as regards, you know the football team???'.... look anyone can come and talk to me at any time, especially the church group, the kibbleetc...etc....'

In short can anyone truthfully say what his motivation to front a 52% shareholding in SMFC ever was? Because there are still thosands of saints fans that would like to know? as there will be with DW.

to then associate DW whom you freely admit you know NOTHING about with Whyte. Venky's, Portsmouth etc is what we have all come to expect in 10000 hours scaremongering speak.... and it might come back to haunt youwhistling.gif

If DW buys it with his Brass he can lay out whtever carpet he likes!

If anyone else really fancies taking a knife to this pish - especially further fantasy nonsense about comparing Dave Wares to Craig Whyte, feel free. Personally, I'm out. I want to hear about Dave Wares bid, and if it is a go-er.

Guest somner9

If anyone else really fancies taking a knife to this pish - especially further fantasy nonsense about comparing Dave Wares to Craig Whyte, feel free. Personally, I'm out. I want to hear about Dave Wares bid, and if it is a go-er.

Whoops too late to back track you already made the most unsubtle of inferences! 1eye.gif

Along with the saying 'Never bite the hand that feeds'

one should consider 'Never bite the hand that might be offering future feeding ops'

Jesus f**ken wept, Somner 9 is making my eyes bleed with this constant bitching towards RA and all things 10.000 hours.thumbdown.gif

I have long since concluded that REA must have knocked back his amorous advances at some point in the past. Very little else would explain his campaign of vilification.

Guest somner9

I have long since concluded that REA must have knocked back his amorous advances at some point in the past. Very little else would explain his campaign of vilification.

Sorry are you speculating on ReA and my own sexuality? Oh dear that probably breaks 10 forum rules as well as a few civil liberties?

Still not a worry for the 10000 hours online marketing teamlol.gif

Whoops too late to back track you already made the most unsubtle of inferences! 1eye.gif

Along with the saying 'Never bite the hand that feeds'

one should consider 'Never bite the hand that might be offering future feeding ops'

I have never compared Dave Wares to Craig Whyte. In my last post I even suggested that Dave Wares could be our own John Madjeski, Dave Whelan, or Jack Walker.

The good news is that at Rio 2016, making a cnut of yourself on a forum is going to be a trial event, and Britain has a gold medal in the bag already.

Guest somner9

I have never compared Dave Wares to Craig Whyte. In my last post I even suggested that Dave Wares could be our own John Madjeski, Dave Whelan, or Jack Walker.

The good news is that at Rio 2016, making a cnut of yourself on a forum is going to be a trial event, and Britain has a gold medal in the bag already.

steady on there Poz, just set your sights on the podiumclap.gif

You keep set up the shooty in chances, and I'll smack em home! back of the netthumbup2.gif

Edited by somner9

Back on topic - Wares info for those unable to see the PDE article

Wares was born in Scotland and has 18 years of experience founding, managing and successfully selling startups. In 1993, he founded Display Products Technology in Scotland, an LCD repair company that employed 450 people.

In 2002, Europe’s biggest publicly traded private-equity firm, 3i, bought a controlling share of the company for $14 million.

Most recently, Wares served as CEO of Innovative Barbecue Solutions, which developed a charcoal product that eliminates the need for lighter fluid. The company sold the technology to a major charcoal brand.

Add in his current venture in console and tech repairs in California and god knows why he's interested !