US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

Could this thread be focused more on who Dave Ware is and what he may bring to St Mirren?

OK try this for size.

Dave Wares worked for IBM until 1993. Then left to set up his own company with two others.

John McClelland was a Vice President at IBM until 1995.

Yes the same McClelland who later became a director/chairman of a Glasgow club.

Co-instance or what.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._McClelland

Guest somner9

When do you intend starting?

you already forgotten your clumsy insunuiation about Rea and my own sexuality? surely you know thats a forum and society no, no???

If you want to keep discussing it, thats fine but your probably better off not drawing attention to it. imo

Edited by somner9

I signed up to the 10,000 hours idea because it was the only show in town and the concept is, overall, one that is attractive. I can only say that I wasn't sold 100% on RA as he stated that he had £4 Million in his personal account and not a penny of that has been used in this bid. According to him, his lawyers explained that this would alter the bid, so can only take him at his word

Dave Wares on the other hand is using (presumably) his own money, and, call me an old cynic, but that makes me interested in his proposal. From what we can read on the interthing he is a successful, solvent and sensible businessman. Dundee Utd supporter? So what? I know that at least two of the present directors grew up supporting other teams and they've done not a bad job over the last 15 years. If he's prepared to invest his own dosh in SMFC then I'm pretty sure his loyalties will be towards the Black and White.

I think we should be cheeered by the fact that there are options for the club. I look forward to hearing more from Mr W

you already forgotten your clumsy insunuiation about Rea and my own sexuality? surely you know thats a forum and society no, no???

If you want to keep discussing it, thats fine but your probably better off not drawing attention to it. imo

And this is post-edit, FFS.

Time to draw a line under this drivel and get back on topic....

The issue with Ware's football affiliations are tied in with why any business man would want to invest in a club like St Mirren. If he were a St Mirren supporter, then the question would be answered to a large extent. I think it is fair enough - and inevitable - posing the question as to what his motivation might be.

If I had a few million quid sloshing about, I'd put a bid in, but not because I would be looking on it as a business investment. Let's face it, I might as well give the money away. I would do it because I have an emotional investment in the club.

I think it is entirely reasonable to be very sceptical as to why any businessman would put money into the club.

The topic title here is a bit misleading as the US bid have not "shown their hand" at all, rather their identity has been revealed for them.

This could actually jeapordise the deal but I hope not.

I want to hear what their bid is about and I think it's reasonable for the fans to know a wee bit about who may potentially end up owning the club.

Personally I have made it clear that I favour fan ownership of the club but I'm keeping a totally open mind about it and if the sellers feel this is a better bid for the long term future of the club then that's fine by me.

If that happens I will redirect my proposed 10000Hours monthly membership to SMiSA instead and try and help that organisation grow.

This shouldn't be about "camps" - people should not be taking "sides" - this is all about what is best for the football club.

Guest somner9

And this is post-edit, FFS.

Time to draw a line under this drivel and get back on topic....

The issue with Ware's football affiliations are tied in with why any business man would want to invest in a club like St Mirren. If he were a St Mirren supporter, then the question would be answered to a large extent. I think it is fair enough - and inevitable - posing the question as to what his motivation might be.

If I had a few million quid sloshing about, I'd put a bid in, but not because I would be looking on it as a business investment. Let's face it, I might as well give the money away. I would do it because I have an emotional investment in the club.

I think it is entirely reasonable to be very sceptical as to why any businessman would put money into the club.

It's right to be sceptical, of any bid.

However for some of the reasons you state we can all see there is hee-haw to be made from scottish football. My point is given that, it doesn't automatically follow that anyone (are there aint many) who does decide to invest is up to no good. Perhaps he genuinely sees an opportunity with the old firm monopoly in tatters and wants to see what difference his involvement can make?

I hear everyone's scepticism but unlike the 10000 hours thing it appears he will not be looking to raise funding, and as such could be in within days? Nothing any of us can do about that, but we can be open to hear and see what his vision is without lobbing him in with every schister that got involved with professionial football.,

lets face it if anyone wants to buy into SMFC (without borrowing against it) to the tune of £1.5m, we should all listen and give them the benefit of the doubt because we haven't had a bid yet that didn't come with a hefty debt!

It's right to be sceptical, of any bid.

However for some of the reasons you state we can all see there is hee-haw to be made from scottish football. My point is given that, it doesn't automatically follow that anyone (are there aint many) who does decide to invest is up to no good. Perhaps he genuinely sees an opportunity with the old firm monopoly in tatters and wants to see what difference his involvement can make?

I hear everyone's scepticism but unlike the 10000 hours thing it appears he will not be looking to raise funding, and as such could be in within days? Nothing any of us can do about that, but we can be open to hear and see what his vision is without lobbing him in with every schister that got involved with professionial football.,

lets face it if anyone wants to buy into SMFC (without borrowing against it) to the tune of £1.5m, we should all listen and give them the benefit of the doubt because we haven't had a bid yet that didn't come with a hefty debt!

You'll get no argument from me on any of this.

Guest somner9

So who is winning the Forum slugout ?

Can i just add that Brooks Mileson used his own money for his Gretna plaything.

THEY DIED !

True, he thought he could buy success, much like newcunto, it seldom works.

and yes as someone we all look up to as a father figure, a voice of reason and sensitivity on this forum.... he and gretna are deid!

daddy1eye.gif

"

? is an award-winning executive with an 18-year record of founding, building and managing successful start-up and high-growth organizations. He has extensive background in developing, implementing, and successful execution of business strategies and leading companies through fast growth, acquisitions, and market share expansion. One entrepreneurial business he has successfully built and sold is Display Products Technology. Display Products Technology specialized in the component level repair of LCDs and associated products, such as notebook PCs.

Somner - I would be careful about PR rubbish like this

A bit of searching on Google shows that the status of Cherry Fusion is still pretty modest. As of 7th of February 2012 - when David Wares became President - the company had 10 employees. He took over the company after the previous CEO of the company had put all his eggs in one basket trying to get a national launch going in the US using the Blockbuster Chain of stores. Blockbuster filed for bankruptcy in 2010.

On taking over the company - which he bought for $500,000 - he said his aim was to build the company up over five years to have 40 employees.

David Wares own start up company - Wares Trading - lists itself as having 1 employee and an annual revenue of $73,000.

Now I appreciate thats just the information I've found in 10 minutes of hunting around the web. He could well have an impressive background in something else, but to me he looks more like a fledgling businessman with limited financial resources, which begs the question who is he fronting for?

Now I'm open minded on what any new owner might bring to a club like St Mirren and I welcome the fact that there are at least options on the table but I would hope that fans would be a bit more thorough in their research.

I have subscribed to 10000 hrs but I'm still interested to hear the details of the other bidder before condemning anyone. I have heard however that the 10000 hrs bid is now " dead in the water" !

Making today’s story ( leak ) all the more logical. The PDE did not pull this out of fresh air. This is the start of an introduction to the preferred bidder. I’m all ears.

Not at all surprised to hear 10,000hours has ran it’s course. REA has given it his best shoot.

A bit more searching reveals he has a strong relationship with venture capitalists EDCO ventures. His "successful" startup in Scotland was Display Product Technology Limited which operated out of Strathclyde Business Park and now has the status of being "dissolved" although more PR stuff claims he had 450 employees and that he sold the company for $12m. His second company Innovative Barbecue Solutions had 4 employees before being sold.

Interesting stuff, Stuart.

Bizarrely enough, when I tried to Google Wares from my work PC, the automatic safesearch strict setting filtered out the word 'wares', so I didn't get anywhere.

How odd. All I could think of was wares in the sense of ladies of ill-repute touting theirsblink.png

I can only applaud your tenacity and dedication in researching this Stuart. Most surprising as you aren't even a St Mirren supporterwhistling.gif

Ach the wife is off on holiday and doing my head in so I thought I'd retreat to my office and found this an interesting coffee break project. I'll stop now the coffee has gone cold.

I just think it's pretty funny that some people will back any horse without any information on the bid, on the individual or on his background - whilst criticising 10000hours for lack of information despite them knowing everything about Richard Atkinsons background. But I guess Sid was right - it's just the nature of how divisive the whole process has become.

Interesting stuff, Stuart.

Bizarrely enough, when I tried to Google Wares from my work PC, the automatic safesearch strict setting filtered out the word 'wares', so I didn't get anywhere.

How odd. All I could think of was wares in the sense of ladies of ill-repute touting theirsblink.png

Will be trying to stop you searching for freeware or crackware - if its a work comp they're not keen on you downloading this stuff as its only 'free' for non business use.

Edited by BLF

well waiting to hear from the man himself didn't last long eh?

So now everyone apparently knows everything there is to know??? except that is anyone that actually mattersclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Everything? f**k me, I must be good. I was only searching for 30 minutes max. Any idiot could have done it - well ok maybe any idiot except you....:rolleyes: