US Based Bidder Revealed

pod

The topic title here is a bit misleading as the US bid have not "shown their hand" at all, rather their identity has been revealed for them.

This could actually jeapordise the deal but I hope not.

I want to hear what their bid is about and I think it's reasonable for the fans to know a wee bit about who may potentially end up owning the club.

Personally I have made it clear that I favour fan ownership of the club but I'm keeping a totally open mind about it and if the sellers feel this is a better bid for the long term future of the club then that's fine by me.

If that happens I will redirect my proposed 10000Hours monthly membership to SMiSA instead and try and help that organisation grow.

This shouldn't be about "camps" - people should not be taking "sides" - this is all about what is best for the football club.

Happy for you to change title to US Bidder Revealed.

But still think he showing his hand through an old acquaintance. That's my belief.

Happy for you to change title to US Bidder Revealed.

But still think he showing his hand through an old acquaintance. That's my belief.

No hand has been shown, what you are seeing is an act by the sellers to force another formal bid to compare alongside the 10k hours one.

With no quotes from the US based party it reads like the consortium has blown his cover to make him come In with an offer or accept the only formal offer.

Rather than the 10k bid being dead in the water as suggested above the sellers are rallying one last effort to attract rival bids before accepting it.

After waiting nearly two weeks to give other bidders an opportunity they have become desperate.

Shouldn't the fact that its the PDE give this away?

Why is everyone calling him a US bidder, From what i read hes from St,Andrews, Last time i looked that was still in Scotland unless the yanks have bought it,. US based bidder is the correct detailwacko.png

If the man decide's to bid from the US, then that make him a US bidder.

and yes indeed,St.Andrews is still in Scotland, where he was born, but no longer resides.

Ya moaning face git.punk.gif

Edited by pod

OK try this for size.

Dave Wares worked for IBM until 1993. Then left to set up his own company with two others.

John McClelland was a Vice President at IBM until 1995.

Yes the same McClelland who later became a director/chairman of a Glasgow club.

Co-instance or what.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._McClelland

Neither, it's a co-incidence

Guest somner9

Is there a naive smiley?

There's been more leaks (whoever could it be) to the media about mystery bidders, bidders intentions and bidders with agendas than there are Leeks in Wales!

Question is..? you'd need to know the who, what and when to be able to give so many well informed leaks!

edit: maybe it's designed to flame another rogue Bod member

Edited by somner9

OK try this for size.

Dave Wares worked for IBM until 1993. Then left to set up his own company with two others.

John McClelland was a Vice President at IBM until 1995.

Yes the same McClelland who later became a director/chairman of a Glasgow club.

Co-instance or what.

http://en.wikipedia....n_F._McClelland

Are you suggesting all IBM employees are Sevco fans?

Seriously I don't get your point.

300,000 people worldwide worked for IBM during those years.

You've picked out two of them and leaped to a conclusion of some kind.

Ach the wife is off on holiday and doing my head in so I thought I'd retreat to my office and found this an interesting coffee break project. I'll stop now the coffee has gone cold.

I just think it's pretty funny that some people will back any horse without any information on the bid, on the individual or on his background - whilst criticising 10000hours for lack of information despite them knowing everything about Richard Atkinsons background. But I guess Sid was right - it's just the nature of how divisive the whole process has become.

I hope you're not planning to include stuff like this in your 72 hour "working" week that you keep fantasticating about.

I doubt they would say it to the guy who broke the story if they had fed him it in the first place ?

Seriously? You should know better than your typical layman who the press and media work!

It's not uncommon for journalists to be given stories on condition on anonymity otherwise most journalists with baseless stories would struggle to put articles together.

Should the originator of the story be disclosed the reporter will neither confirm or deny the accusation and give an answer similar to the one you received.

I mean, seriously, come off it.

Are you suggesting all IBM employees are Sevco fans?

Seriously I don't get your point.

300,000 people worldwide worked for IBM during those years.

You've picked out two of them and leaped to a conclusion of some kind.

They both work together in Greenock.Hardly world wide.

Was not meant to be taken seriously as you appear to have taken.

Should lighten up.

Edited by pod

I hope you're not planning to include stuff like this in your 72 hour "working" week that you keep fantasticating about.

Nope. I've worked 132 hours over the last 12 days. Today is my day off. My office at home is more for watching TV on my 87" smart board, having an occasional malt whisky or surfing the net at my desk. There used to be a pool table in there too but that was just silly

Deal well progressed and I'm in the frame for Fans President. thumbup2.gif

On the contrary. I'm a Mac user - I could go to the fitba' and drop in my iMac, iPod, and iPhone for Dave to give a wee spring-clean while I'm at the game. Beats getting my washing done.

Job's a good un' - gets my vote. Also, CherryFusion would make a cool shirt sponsor logo. I'm convinced - Dave for President.

Sid would do.

I think Fans President should be Santaponsasaint as he's clearly a passionate fan and he's funny.smile.png