10000Hours Bid Is Rejected

div

We should keep the momentum of fan support going. Only show in town now is SMiSA. We all get behind SMiSA. If the same energy is put into SMiSA a lot could be acheived. First step is to join. Next step to decide what we want to achieve. I'll be completing my form tomorrow night.

Which is why I joined them during the summer. There was no point trying to revive the corpse of Richard's religious odyssey.

Which is why I joined them during the summer. There was no point trying to revive the corpse of Richard's religious odyssey.

When the Blanco fund ended up with £1500 or thereabouts, one of the first suggestions was for a beer stall & BBQ for an upcoming home game. Ironically this coincided with SMiSA donating £1000 worth of kit to the youth set-up. After a poll, the Blanco funds were destined for similar good deeds I think. The thing is SMiSA didn't need to take a poll to do what was right.

All about trust and SMiSA have credability in bucketloads. There's no bullshitting of fans just to hit financial targets / save face. We've had a summer screaming about the importance of integrity in football. SMiSA have it.....some 10000 hrs supporters need to take a long hard look at themselves and consider whether being an "elite" supporter is more important than being a rank and file Buddie. Is networking opportunities worth being economical with the truth to try and hit financial targets to stay favoured in the court of King Richard.

SMiSA are all about the supporters - ALL of the supporters. Plus StuDick disnae like them, which is well worth a tennr a month of anyBUDDIES money.

I suggest the 10000 hrs cheerleader team take their own advice and if they don't like what fans are doing with SMiSA they just don't join and let proper supporters get on with it. punk.gif

Smisa as has been pointed out alone are not placed to push for a fan buy-out, and surely if they seen it as within their capability would have come forward by know.

Sid instead of piling unrealistic expectations on Smisa we should be lobbying the BoD to put forward a fan ownership scheme that will see the majority share transfer to fans over a realostic timescale. Yes I believe smisa would be a starting/rallying point for the fans, but they would need an awful lot of help, commitment and active membership to be able to take that on.

Most importantly they would need to be taken on as full and equal partners on the BoD from the outset through the transition. Some of the Smisa guys may not fancy it, others would have to join and be co-opted/voted in as fan representatives. Fitzy springs to mind as one!

The ball is in the BoD's court, they know no one is going to make them an offer they feel meets their valuation and criteria of whats best for the club. the Board can set out a radical plan to bring in fan ownership, where we build funds from the outset, and all major decisions, plans and options are known by those who want to know. and can have a say in through an efficent!!! democratic process. you wont get to pick the team, but you will get to vote for the BoD!

Lobby the Board, lets see their style!

Smisa as has been pointed out alone are not placed to push for a fan buy-out, and surely if they seen it as within their capability would have come forward by know.

Sid instead of piling unrealistic expectations on Smisa we should be lobbying the BoD to put forward a fan ownership scheme that will see the majority share transfer to fans over a realostic timescale. Yes I believe smisa would be a starting/rallying point for the fans, but they would need an awful lot of help, commitment and active membership to be able to take that on.

Most importantly they would need to be taken on as full and equal partners on the BoD from the outset through the transition. Some of the Smisa guys may not fancy it, others would have to join and be co-opted/voted in as fan representatives. Fitzy springs to mind as one!

The ball is in the BoD's court, they know no one is going to make them an offer they feel meets their valuation and criteria of whats best for the club. the Board can set out a radical plan to bring in fan ownership, where we build funds from the outset, and all major decisions, plans and options are known by those who want to know. and can have a say in through an efficent!!! democratic process. you wont get to pick the team, but you will get to vote for the BoD!

Lobby the Board, lets see their style!

It's not up to the BOD to sell the club to the fans, do you really think the BOD should be able name their price? It's up to the fans to come up with a proposal that is acceptable. Maybe sid could lead the fans buy out, that would be f**k'n hilarious lol.giflol.gif

All about trust and SMiSA have credability in bucketloads. There's no bullshitting of fans just to hit financial targets / save face. We've had a summer screaming about the importance of integrity in football. SMiSA have it.....some 10000 hrs supporters need to take a long hard look at themselves and consider whether being an "elite" supporter is more important than being a rank and file Buddie. Is networking opportunities worth being economical with the truth to try and hit financial targets to stay favoured in the court of King Richard.

SMiSA are all about the supporters - ALL of the supporters. Plus StuDick disnae like them, which is well worth a tennr a month of anyBUDDIES money.

I suggest the 10000 hrs cheerleader team take their own advice and if they don't like what fans are doing with SMiSA they just don't join and let proper supporters get on with it. punk.gif

No idea what you're on about with the networking opportunities stuff, but maybe you could name or PM people instead of throwing fairly wide spread accusations around. Focus your point, here's an example... I think you're an imbecile who has assisted with dragging 10000 Hours down with constant mischief making and shifting of opinions on this forum.

SMISA won't be able to put the fan thing together, the club isn't in trouble so doesn't need a cheap price or handover and the rejection of 10000 Hours shows the BoD aren't going to accept the first thing that comes along. The up front would need to be around 500 - 750K, in my opinion, with the rest being over however long is agreed. It would take a huge push to get that cash and NONE of it would be going to the club. So, you'd have the same issue as you had with 10000 Hours although it'd be paying up front instead of paying debt. Some of the people who joined 10000 Hours wouldn't have the up front, some (like me) have gotten bored and spent it. I believe in fan ownership, but it's not as simple as pushing the name of a supporters trust. Ebbsfleet had the same issue, with the Fleet Trust admitting they couldn't have done it themselves.

It's not up to the BOD to sell the club to the fans, do you really think the BOD should be able name their price? It's up to the fans to come up with a proposal that is acceptable. Maybe sid could lead the fans buy out, that would be f**k'n hilarious lol.giflol.gif

Same auld paisley, same auld negativity, not being able to think outside the box!

The Bod have stated on numerous occasions they want to pass on the reins to a body/org/individual who has the best long term interests of the club at heart. they have establisehd their key criteria for what that entity would look like.

So far the BoD have communicated No One has met their criteria, in fact the bid they nursed, encouraged, indulged that got over 1000 fans behind it, didnt meet their criteria. after three years you and the Bod must by now realise NO ONE! is going to pay what they want and, meet their criteria, otherwise it would have happened.

So do the BoD continue with the widely held definition of madness (keep smashing your head against a brick wall, and hope for a different result) or do they set up a small group that involves fans to explore how their aims and objectives for the club and themselves can be best met?

We set up a REAL fans co-operative, we engage with the fans, the community, business. The BoD become mentors to the evolving fans regieme, they are unlikely to get the price they intially asked for. BUT!!! they can drive a great, exciting, viable and sustainable future for the club, the fans and the wider community.

Look what a bloke none of us knew from Ayrshire damn nearly pulled off!!!

Open your fecking minds people, lets lobby the BoD to get this up and running by at least having that initial meeting. One step at a time, learn as you go, never give up, never give in.

There are a lot of good ideas, good work, good people and good wishes laying around at the moment waiting to be nurtured, do we ignore the whole crop just because one part of it wasn't the best it could be? or do we make sure we've learn't something and endeavour to not repeat our mistakes?

Well I am up for joining any supporter led bid for the club as a member, and I'm up for joining SMiSA again if the club is sold to a private consortium.

I certainly won't be getting actively involved with any bid team again though, once bitten twice shy, it's the single most thankless thing I've ever done and I shall not be repeating the experience ever again.

Onwards and upwards, I'll watch on from the sidelines from now on !

Well I am up for joining any supporter led bid for the club as a member, and I'm up for joining SMiSA again if the club is sold to a private consortium.

I certainly won't be getting actively involved with any bid team again though, once bitten twice shy, it's the single most thankless thing I've ever done and I shall not be repeating the experience ever again.

Would you be up for actioning through BAWA a petition/register of interest to lobby the BoD with, among BAWA members, Smisa, Travel Clubs, saints fans, A.n. other interested party to request a meeting with the BoD to explore the options they see as realistic outcomes to passing on control of their 52%? shareholding?

Quitter! Can't handle putting complete websites together in 30 minutes any more? Poor, poor show! sorry.gif

Well, I'd like to thank you for your efforts Div. Whatever some might say about others who were involved in trying to drive this forward, I reckon your motivation was commendable, and your efforts worthy of recognition. it seems to me that you were championing the concept of supporter involvement, and, for that alone, you deserve credit from where I'm sitting.

It's easy for people to sit in front of a computer and snipe on online forums, without actually trying to do anything positive and practical to advance their own preferred scenario. Talk's cheap, and posts on internet message boards are even cheaper. Fair play for using your personal time and resources to try and secure what could (all other things being equal) have been a very positive outcome for this club (and likewise the others who did similar).

Would you be up for actioning through BAWA a petition/register of interest to lobby the BoD with, among BAWA members, Smisa, Travel Clubs, saints fans, A.n. other interested party to request a meeting with the BoD to explore the options they see as realistic outcomes to passing on control of their 52%? shareholding?

wacko.png

wacko.png

I get exactly what Div means now. Re this pathetic post, following hot on the heels of:

Quote:"It's easy for people to sit in front of a computer and snipe on online forums, without actually trying to do anything positive and practical to advance their own preferred scenario."

Yeah its so f**king easy!

I get exactly what Div means now. Re this pathetic post, following hot on the heels of:

Quote:"It's easy for people to sit in front of a computer and snipe on online forums, without actually trying to do anything positive and practical to advance their own preferred scenario."

Yeah its so f**king easy!

Don't you understand the reason for Drew's smiley? Div stated that whatever happens next, he doesn't want to get involved in another 'bid team' scenario (understandably), then you pop up to ask him if he'd be up for organising all sorts between SMiSA, B&W Army posters, travel clubs, fan groups, A.N. Others - and approaching the selling consortium to speak to them about fan ownership of the 52%!

What part of Div's post didn't you understand?

Edited by pozbaird

Don't you understand the reason for Drew's smiley? Div stated that whatever happens next, he doesn't want to get involved in another 'bid team' scenario (understandably), then you pop up to ask him if he'd be up for organising all sorts between SMiSA, B&W Army posters, travel clubs, fan groups, A.N. Others - and approaching the selling consortium to speak to them about fan ownership of the 52%!

Div said; "Well I am up for joining any supporter led bid for the club as a member, and I'm up for joining SMiSA again if the club is sold to a private consortium."

I asked: "Would you be up for actioning through BAWA a petition/register of interest"

What part of "Don't be such a negative big auld lassie" don't you undertand?

Edited by somner9

Div said; "Well I am up for joining any supporter led bid for the club as a member, and I'm up for joining SMiSA again if the club is sold to a private consortium."

I asked: "Would you be up for actioning through BAWA a petition/register of interest"

What part of "Don't be such a negative big auld lassie" don't you undertand?

Read your own post back. Especially the bit about approaching the selling consortium - after he's set up his petition to canvass the opinions of SMiSA, travel clubs, fan groups, individuals....

Go on - you draft it up for him, in fact, draft it up for all of us.... just get him to stick his name on the end.

Crack on - look forward to seeing it. If I like what you are planning, I'll consider signing your petition of interest myself. Will it be like your Co-op set up by real fans for real fans? I'm all ears. Seriously - I'll come up with some logos and leaflets for you should I like your ideas, no charge. They might look shite, but at least it'll be free shite.

Edited by pozbaird

Read your own post back. Especially the bit about approaching the selling consortium - after he's set up his petition to canvass the opinions of SMiSA, travel clubs, fan groups, individuals....

Go on - you draft it up for him, in fact, draft it up for all of us.... just get him to stick his name on the end.

Crack on - look forward to seeing it. If I like what you are planning, I'll consider signing your petition of interest myself. Will it be like your Co-Op set up by real fans for real fans? I'm all ears.

Realised what i think was one of 10000 hours problems. that being BAWA isn't the media best suited to commmuncating the involvement, organisation and successful execution of a Bod led process to facilitate the transfer of the majority shareholding of SMFC to a fans group.

You'd continue to have helpful posts like the one quoted here delivered to you at every turn.clap.gif

Well, I'd like to thank you for your efforts Div.

It's easy for people to sit in front of a computer and snipe on online forums, without actually trying to do anything positive and practical to advance their own preferred scenario.

Exactly right. If enough others had taken the time and effort to get involved like Div, then this 'fans takeover' may actually have taken place.

I think you deserve enormous credit for your efforts Div, especially as your only motivation was the best interests of the football club we all support.

Geuine question for all these posters who think 10000 hours bid would have been successful if more people (but seemingly not themselves) had got involved like Div it would have been successful.

Did you get involved like Div?

Because if you didn't can't you see how daft your post looks???

Sorry, I don't want this to be about me, I don't really want "thanks" for getting involved, I just really didn't enjoy the level of suspicion that went my way that somehow I was doing this as some sort of ego trip or for some sort of massive hidden gain that I wasn't disclosing.

I genuinely got involved because I thought I could help and I thought it was a good idea. Many other people did the same, including Poz.

It didn't work out and that's a shame but lessons learned all round I think.

As a collective support we should all put this behind us and move on together. No point in continuing to debate whether the merits or not of 10000Hours, it's dead and that's it as far as I'm concerned.

As an aside for all he takes an enormous amount of flak on here, I have a lot of time for someone who put 2 years of his life into this project, who worked on the club board for 18 months of that time for no reward and who also put up £50k of his own money to fund all the legal stuff relating to the bid not to mention also lending the club a six figure sum at one point.

Richard is a bit of a convenient whipping boy and will forever be blamed for the shambles that is the club shop but he did, IMO, bring a lot to the football club and should be thanked for it, IMHO.

Thank you. You saved me the bother with this (and subsequent) post.

Sorry, I don't want this to be about me, I don't really want "thanks" for getting involved, I just really didn't enjoy the level of suspicion that went my way that somehow I was doing this as some sort of ego trip or for some sort of massive hidden gain that I wasn't disclosing.

Yup, I appreciate that you weren't looking for thanks, but some acknowledgement of what you put into this (along with others such as Poz, and, of course, Richard) is warranted, IMO.

I recall my stint as a union shop steward way back in the day. That was a similarly thankless task. Like you, I wasn't looking for gratitude, rather I was doing something I believed in, but it wasn't something I'd be doing again given all the baggage that went along with it.

Yup, I appreciate that you weren't looking for thanks, but some acknowledgement of what you put into this (along with others such as Poz, and, of course, Richard) is warranted, IMO.

I recall my stint as a union shop steward way back in the day. That was a similarly thankless task. Like you, I wasn't looking for gratitude, rather I was doing something I believed in, but it wasn't something I'd be doing again given all the baggage that went along with it.

did you work the luggage belt at Abbotsinch??? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Sid, you should have been in the Team GB Gymnastics Artistic Squad as you do more leaps and backflips than Beth Tweddle.

First of all you asked everyone to get behind the 10000Hours/CIC bid. Then you seemed to fall out with them (the story was you wanted to preserve family links with the Club but I think that was found to be a rumour). Then you started on some bizarre online "anti 10000Hours/CIC campaign" influencing the people who hadn't quite made their mind up yet with scaremongering stories, personal attacks on individuals and jumping on the bandwagon that was circling round the Club Shop, merchandise and Football strip sales. Now you're backing SMISA. How long will it be before you fall out with someone in that organisation and start a campaign to encourage people not to become members or people who already are to quit?

As a collective support we should all put this behind us and move on together. No point in continuing to debate whether the merits or not of 10000Hours, it's dead and that's it as far as I'm concerned.

As an aside for all he takes an enormous amount of flak on here, I have a lot of time for someone who put 2 years of his life into this project, who worked on the club board for 18 months of that time for no reward and who also put up £50k of his own money to fund all the legal stuff relating to the bid not to mention also lending the club a six figure sum at one point.

Richard is a bit of a convenient whipping boy and will forever be blamed for the shambles that is the club shop but he did, IMO, bring a lot to the football club and should be thanked for it, IMHO.

Hear, hear.