The Admit 10000 Hrs Is Dead And Public Apology Thread

St. Sid

I've deliberately avoided this thread since it was started, this is my first time reading and I have to say I'm pleased the troll has been banned.

A few times since joining I've found myself going for weeks and months with no want to look at the site as a direct result of posters like Sid. As has been mentioned, he, at times, was capable of contributing to the forum but too often he focused his energy on being the centre of attention and pissing everyone else off. That particular post on the "vankini" thread summed him up for me.

As a moderator and a web-master div does a fantastic job and his posts and insights are a joy to read, I was beginning to think his patience was limitless but it turns out he's human after all. I'm positive the forum will be a better place without Sid.

As someone who was banned form the Official website for pointing out that singing a song calling for the rape of the monarch and the buggery of the pontiff I think banning Sid was a poor call IMO. All that it does is add fuel to a fire allowing Sid to complain about heavy handed censorship and to trump up his claims about some mythical 10000hours online marketing team trying to silence dissent.

As someone who was banned form the Official website for pointing out that singing a song calling for the rape of the monarch and the buggery of the pontiff I think banning Sid was a poor call IMO. All that it does is add fuel to a fire allowing Sid to complain about heavy handed censorship and to trump up his claims about some mythical 10000hours online marketing team trying to silence dissent.

It wasn't about his stance on 10000Hours. He was being a pain in the arse, but, more importantly, had crossed a few lines that could result in legal problems for Div and the site if not dealt with.

It wasn't about his stance on 10000Hours. He was being a pain in the arse, but, more importantly, had crossed a few lines that could result in legal problems for Div and the site if not dealt with.

Ach I'm not so sure that this "legal problem" thing isn't often trumped up as an excuse to just get rid of someone. Just look at Somners rather pathetic attempt.....:rolleyes:

lol. What is your legal team's advice this time?

simple if it's repeated and condoned then it's good to go for a civil case either against the perpetrators ot the body that condones, it or both!

If it's a matter of record i.e. published, hard, digitally. online etc... then it never really has time constraint either.

Edited by somner9

Seeing as how Sid was banned for his 'forum WUM banter' after the 10000hours bid was announced to be dead, it would indeed be an interesting argument if he claimed that there was any online marketing mob trying to silence dissent towards a bid that had just died a death anyway.

Edited by pozbaird

Surely all the posters commenting here, agreeing with Sid's punishment see all forms of slanderous and libellous behaviour as having no place on our forum?

Do we really want something that looks like a blue/green vermin counter bigoted accusing slabberfest? let's take this opportunity to kick all of it into touch1eye.gif

If anyone has any issue relating to the website they can call me at any time using the number displayed on the homepage of the website under contact us.

0845 544 0350

Happy to discuss any issue in person or on the phone, any time.

Stuart Dickson, on 18 September 2012 - 14:25, said:

"As someone who was banned form the Official website for pointing out that singing a song calling for the rape of the monarch and the buggery of the pontiff"

You know fine well what that anti-sectarian song is about...

Surely it was the buggery of the Monarch and the Rape of the Pontiff?

Edited by Vambo57

Stuart Dickson, on 18 September 2012 - 14:25, said:

"As someone who was banned form the Official website for pointing out that singing a song calling for the rape of the monarch and the buggery of the pontiff"

You know fine well what that anti-sectarian song is about...

Surely it was the buggery of the Monarch and the Rape of the Pontiff?

Cut the Pontiff some slack.... He's backing Div & Vanzy to the tune of 250 Euros per' goal. thumbup2.gif

post-5834-0-25619600-1347980998_thumb.jp

simple if it's repeated and condoned then it's good to go for a civil case either against the perpetrators ot the body that condones, it or both!

If it's a matter of record i.e. published, hard, digitally. online etc... then it never really has time constraint either.

lol can I be your lawyer ?....I'll charge you half price and guarantee you the same result.

lol can I be your lawyer ?....I'll charge you half price and guarantee you the same result.

Do you want to kick this slabberfest of derogatory/accussatory comments off the forum so we don't become like a blue/green vermin site?

Are you standing up for posts the like of; that have seen one forum user banned?

Do you want to kick this slabberfest of derogatory/accussatory comments off the forum so we don't become like a blue/green vermin site?

Are you standing up for posts the like of; that have seen one forum user banned?

As you know I have never had a problem with what Sid or your goodself posted. I am one of maybe 2000 members on here?.....As a member of this forum I respect the right of the owner to make decisions as he sees fit. Look at the title of this thread!..lol.........Sid wanted to die! and If It wasn't this one then god knows what would be next!......"Better to burn out than to fade away"......IMO Is what he wanted....God bless Sid and may you rest In a councilers Jock strap for the rest of eternity.....But....zombie Rangers are back!....So .......

I supported 10000Hours bid to bring fan ownership to the club from the beginning to the end, I won't ever apologise for it as I thought, and still do think, that fan ownership is the right model for our club.

This summed up 10000 hours supporters for me. If you criticised 10k hours you were somehow against fan ownership even if it meant you had to back a flawed plan.

I think the majority of supporters back fan ownership but it just didn't make sense to put the whole club in jeopardy just to back an organisation that lacked a credible business plan.

On another note, I see no.difference between how Sid acted in the past few weeks than he had past few years.

This summed up 10000 hours supporters for me. If you criticised 10k hours you were somehow against fan ownership even if it meant you had to back a flawed plan.

I think the majority of supporters back fan ownership but it just didn't make sense to put the whole club in jeopardy just to back an organisation that lacked a credible business plan.

On another note, I see no.difference between how Sid acted in the past few weeks than he had past few years.

As has been pointed out repeatedly - he was calling St Mirren fans liars and cheats, who were deliberately trying to con fellow fans. He went onto the official forum after being banned here, and named Div, myself, and GLS as individuals who should never be allowed anywhere near St Mirren.

Don't think I saw him do that before, and he fcuking well shouldn't have done it this time.

Edit: apology for sweary word, but in this particular instance, I'm not for deleting it one little bit.

Edited by pozbaird

As has been pointed out repeatedly - he was calling St Mirren fans liars and cheats, who were deliberately trying to con fellow fans. He went onto the official forum after being banned here, and named Div, myself, and GLS as individuals who should never be allowed anywhere near St Mirren.

Don't think I saw him do that before, and he fcuking well shouldn't have done it this time.

Edit: apology for sweary word, but in this particular instance, I'm not for deleting it one little bit.

Guy is a f**king coward, He would never look anybody in the eyes and say they things to them,, good riddence to bad rubbish Edited by santaponsasaint