Paul Mcginn Signs

Liason909

Quote John McGinn:

"My brother Paul was with us this season and unfortunately he will be leaving as well. I just hope he gets something sorted because he's done really well on loan to Dumbarton. He's close to me so it's hard to see him go."

Strange one. Done really well at the Sons and their fans have been raving about him. Never even played one game for us.

We sign him on a years contract. We put him out on loan immediately. He sucedes during his loan and plays consistently well at First Division level. His loan ends, we release him.

What was the point in that?

We sign him on a years contract. We put him out on loan immediately. He sucedes during his loan and plays consistently well at First Division level. His loan ends, we release him.

What was the point in that?

I would hope that we have been scouting him at matches and Danny has been to some of the midweek games. He will have been also training with our first team squad and on that basis maybe Danny thinks that 1st division is his level and not able/ready for the SPL.

Wish him well In the future.

@pmcginnwisdom: Turned down a one year deal at St Mirren, had a good year at the club with a great bunch of boys but need to be playing regularly

Bizarre. Turning down a deal with us to play for Dumbarton? Talk about lacking ambition.

I don't think it lacks ambition, if he's guaranteed first team football at Dumbarton we can't give him that and who's to say after one or two years at that level he won't get picked up by a bigger team. With our budget next year he may be kept instead of loaned out and might find himself more often than not on the bench behind Vanzy and if Barron is back fit.

Paul was offered more money with Dumbarton than we offered and that came from him.

If Dumbarton are offering more money than us ( very much doubt it ) then their Chairman is an insane f**kwit like the rest of the deluded first division diddies.

If not, i'm sorry for being rude.

Possibly as the clubs have different expectations for him...no disrespect but he'd likely be a bit part player or back-up with us, and a first team player with Dumbarton.

exactly a player is only worth what a club are able and willing to pay. He was standout player for them so they believe he is due to be one of their highest earners. People get so wound up about these things without thinking it through. If he was to be our "marquee" signing I'm sure we'd have out bid them. I've never seen him play but had heard good reports so was hoping he'd be ready to push for 1st team,not now though.